NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products?

+4
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
nicko
Vintage
8 posters

Go down

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? Empty Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 am

More of us are eating less meat and UK sales of meat alternatives such as Quorn are predicted to reach £225 million within three years.

Many will choose a meat-free diet thinking it’s inevitably ‘healthier’ as meat tends to be high in saturated fat and calories. Indeed, plant-based or vegetarian diets can be more virtuous, says dietitian Helen Bond.

‘But don’t be hoodwinked into thinking that all meat choices are worse — some meat substitutes are loaded with saturated fat and calories.’

Here, she assesses a selection of meat alternative products; we then rated them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6128049/Veggie-ready-meals-fat-McDonalds-burger.html

Back to top Go down

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? Empty Re: Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products?

Post by Vintage Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Haven't found anything Quorn and like that is palatable, I just don't include meat in anything. I get a bit of crunch from peppers and not cooking vegetables much. I also use potatoes, rice, pasta with herbs and spices -sorted

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? Empty Re: Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products?

Post by nicko Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:01 pm

I'v eaten Rabbit, Pheasant, Partridge, Duck,Goose, Pigeon and Squirrel. All shot by myself, all low in fat,
and not an Halal among 'em . Find yourself a Game dealer and taste real meat !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:50 pm

nicko wrote:I'v eaten Rabbit, Pheasant, Partridge, Duck,Goose,  Pigeon and Squirrel. All shot by myself, all low in fat,
and not an Halal among 'em .   Find yourself a Game dealer and taste real meat !

You're adventurous - I've had quail and bison, but they were at restaurants Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
nicko wrote:I'v eaten Rabbit, Pheasant, Partridge, Duck,Goose,  Pigeon and Squirrel. All shot by myself, all low in fat,
and not an Halal among 'em .   Find yourself a Game dealer and taste real meat !

You're adventurous - I've had quail and bison, but they were at restaurants Smile

Try a good rattlesnake steak, over in Arizona. Tasty. Or try the Rocky Mountain Oyster Club, in downtown Tucson. They fry 'em, saute 'em, boil 'em, millions of different preparations.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Being offered a sheep's eyeball at a formal Arab feast can be interesting. Apparently it's an honour and a sign of great respect - and to refuse could very easily cause offence.

And yep, it happened to me!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Try a good rattlesnake steak, over in Arizona.  Tasty.  Or try the Rocky Mountain Oyster Club, in downtown Tucson.  They fry 'em, saute 'em, boil 'em, millions of different preparations.

Razz

"Rocky Mountain Oysters.." !!!

They go by names like "bush oysters" and "mountain oysters" over here..

Never tried 'em myself, but heard others talk about it; (often doubt that most of them have, either..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Oysters, a big ball of snot in a shell, ugh !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:29 pm

All ready meals are full of crap whether they’re vegan, vegetarian or meat.

They’re full of fat, preservatives and shite. Nothing good for you at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:19 am

did you bleed them? and are you 'sane'? 

if so Pheasant, Partridge, Duck, Goose, Pigeon are all Halal  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:27 am

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? 3922118137

Most game meat and fish is both "halal" and "kosher" by default, through the way it is caught, prepared and cooked...

Irregardless of whether the hunter/shooter/fishermen realises it or not..

Poultry and fish sold commercially in Oz, NZ, North America and similar markets also, without any extra or specific licensing or ticketing necessary.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:36 am

Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? OdvInV3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 am

Veya, how can they be Halal, [unless your joking of course ?] I don't bleed them or say a stupid prayer while cutting their throats ! ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am

nicko wrote:Veya,  how can they be Halal,   [unless your joking of course ?]    I don't bleed them or say a stupid prayer while cutting their throats  !   ?

don't actually have to for hunted wild animals, particularly not birds or fish  Wink
Although technically they have to be killed by a 'sane' man 

Most of the rules are for Farmed Animals.  
although there is a weird specific rule for Pigeons  Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? 202592697 
your not allowed to eat them if they are killed within the 'walls of a settlement' 

you don't drain them of blood (the best you can)  after shooting them   confused
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:38 am

Veya, why would I drain them of blood ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 am

nicko wrote:Veya, why would I drain them of blood ?

so the meat is not as tough, doesn't spoil as quickly and limits the chance of picking up blood born parasites.  Veggie ready meals with as much fat as a McDonald’s burger.. how healthy are these meat alternative products? 2190311264

ok, so I looked at google  study
apparently it's only really important in warmer clients, although it says over 10C/50F so I would have though UK would still need to
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 am

Arrow

Farmers, hunters and trappers "bleeding" their game is quite common in Australia, New Zealand and the Americas...

Especially when it comes to pigs, goats, deer, kangaroos and wallabies, home-slaughtered sheep and cattle on farms, and poultry...

Livestock and poultry in abbatoirs and slaughterhouse are regularly "bled" as part of the killing and processing production_lines.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

Apart from Pheasant,Partridge and goose all are eaten within two days !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down