NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try.

Go down

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. Empty For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Got hold of some maftoul yesterday, it's an alternative to cous-cous and rice, nutty, so I thought I'd give it a go for lunch today as I didn't get round to a hot meal yesterday.

I put a big handful in a pan with some veg stock and lemon juice, tested it until I felt it was done then shoved in some sultanas and kept it on a low heat until the excess liquid was gone, doesn't go mushy.

I put some olive oil in a frying pan, added veg (I used spring onions, red and yellow pepper and lots of chopped mushrroms for protein).  When they were done, added them to the maftoul with some flaked almonds and chopped coriander (got a feeling you don't like it? could always use parsley) and stuck it in a bowl.  It's lovely, and what I don't eat I'll add chopped raw veg to and use it as a salad tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. Empty Re: For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 pm

PS, half of it left for salad, very filling, will use a lighter stock next time plus the palestinian olive oil I used is lovely and peppery, so I won't be adding the ground black pepper next time lol

Back to top Go down

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. Empty Re: For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try.

Post by eddie Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:59 pm

I've never heard of that?!! Wow, not sure my local tesco or sainsbury stock it?
Going to google it now! Love new foods!
Thank you for thinking of me sassy, really appreciate that x

Ps well remembered on the coriander!! Hate the fresh stuff but love the ground stuff.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Ps think I might be able to get that in an organic from shop,not far from me - just googled it x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 pm

eddie try this Maltese recipe it is scrummy

http://mouthwateringvegan.com/2014/06/05/maltese-style-baked-macaroni/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:21 pm

I make this my style by the way but its delicious

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 pm

That looks lovely Vod! I lobe macaroni cheese and never think to make it for some reason??

Glad to have new things to try, thanks guys x

Ps you a veggie Vod?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:38 pm

conversation I was having on another forum

me ....it is interesting how active the lambs are and how they "make up games"

farmer ...yep, lambs are quite intelligent...until they start eating grass

me...says a lot for the veggie dietery regime doesnt it

farmer...thanks for that I've just spat me coffee all over me keyboard........

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. 3489511464 For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. 3489511464 For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Ha ha Vic

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. 2794048296
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:58 pm

eddie wrote:That looks lovely Vod! I lobe macaroni cheese and never think to make it for some reason??

Glad to have new things to try, thanks guys x

Ps you a veggie Vod?

no but hardly eat any meat or fish . I prefer pasta without meat in it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Yes I love pasta, it's one of my favourite things to eat
Whenever me and my other half go,out to eat and I choose Italian food, he always moans and says "I'm not paying £15 for a plate of pasta!" lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:59 pm

eddie wrote:Yes I love pasta, it's one of my favourite things to eat
Whenever me and my other half go,out to eat and I choose Italian food, he always moans and says "I'm not paying £15 for a plate of pasta!" lol!

ha ha i wouldn't pay that either . For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. 3922118137

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:48 pm

But I like it!!! Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:But I like it!!! Sad

so we have heard..... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 pm

You are naughty Victor No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Eds, do you use mung beans?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:41 pm

sassy wrote:Eds, do you use mung beans?

Yes I do sass but my other half is forbidden (by me) to eat them.
He erm, isn't pleasant to be around afterwards if you catch my drift....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:42 pm

how far does it drift and surely that should read

"if you catch HIS drift"

Paarrrrp.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:43 pm

eddie wrote:You are naughty Victor No

you have NO idea...... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:44 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:Eds, do you use mung beans?

Yes I do sass but my other half is forbidden (by me) to eat them.
He erm, isn't pleasant to be around afterwards if you catch my drift....

And there was me going to suggest they make a brilliant curry lol

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzzX0NcuLbn8jQvDyqvt1MlHX_ak4uutkLH5m58iSnxK7E472GsQ

For Eddie, new veggie option you might like to try. Farting-emoticon-design-46085141

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Shocked

He has to drive people around sass! Curry and mung beans together?? affraid

My favourite curry is king prawn, mushroom and chick peas
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

would make fueling the vehicle cheap and easy......

"this vehicle runs on (un)natural gas."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:51 pm

eddie wrote:Shocked

Rocket propelled taxi pong

Mine is mushrom and azuki beans lol

Last edited by sassy on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:53 pm

victorismyhero wrote:would make fueling the vehicle cheap and easy......

"this vehicle runs on (un)natural gas."

lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Shocked

Rocket propelled taxi long.

Mine is mushrom and azuki beans lol

I've just got back into eating butter beans after spending all my life thinking I hated them because of an incident at primary school.

Let's just say it involved my friend, laughter and a butter bean out of her nose No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down