NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay is genetic

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gay is genetic Empty Gay is genetic

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2559021/Being-gay-DNA-researchers-claim-controversial-new-study.html

A new study confirming the 1993 one that there is a genetic link to homosexuality.

Raising the possibility of the creation of a prenatal test - and the choice of prospective parents to terminate pregnancy if the foetus is gay.

Back to top Go down

Gay is genetic Empty Re: Gay is genetic

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:15 pm

pmsl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:17 pm

What a complete load if pish. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Joy Division wrote:What a complete load if pish. Rolling Eyes 

What is pish - that being gay is genetic or that if it is genetic it will be used to create a pre natal test allowing termination of pregnancy where the foetus is gay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:27 pm

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2559021/Being-gay-DNA-researchers-claim-controversial-new-study.html

A new study confirming the 1993 one that there is a genetic link to homosexuality.  

Raising the possibility of the creation of a prenatal test - and the choice of prospective parents to terminate pregnancy if the foetus is gay.

the 1993 one done by a gay that was proven total tosh, thats sounds right..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:28 pm

What is pish to me is the fact that people are falling over each other to carry out such tests and find "the right" answer - the answer which is acceptable to liberal do-gooders.

Just like everything else, I've said it so many times - inquests will be repeated, referendums will be repeated, tests will be repeated... until the correct answer, result, whatever - is given.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2559021/Being-gay-DNA-researchers-claim-controversial-new-study.html

That sounds far more like it Favva  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:What is pish to me is the fact that people are falling over each other to carry out such tests and find "the right" answer - the answer which is acceptable to liberal do-gooders.

Just like everything else, I've said it so many times - inquests will be repeated, referendums will be repeated, tests will be repeated... until the correct answer, result, whatever - is given.

They can get these tests all they like, more the fool them Laddie,it's all b'ahhs  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

this agenda to find it normal or gentic is a tad worrying though, wonder what all that is about..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:What a complete load if pish. Rolling Eyes 

What is pish - that being gay is genetic or that if it is genetic it will be used to create a pre natal test allowing termination of pregnancy where the foetus is gay?

...on the scan was the bairn standing with hand in the teapot manner? Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:35 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

this agenda to find it normal or gentic is a tad worrying though, wonder what all that is  about..

It's just experiment Favva, and some are getting hysterical over it. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

this agenda to find it normal or gentic is a tad worrying though, wonder what all that is  about..

It's just experiment Favva, and some are getting hysterical over it. Rolling Eyes 

that's very true, i suppose the good thing if it were a genetic thing it can be mended...that's promising..

Back to top Go down

Which way do you want it? Gay to be genetic and therefore there from birth - which means it can be tested for and termination chosen or Gay to be due to environmental factors in which case it can be cured?

The brutal fact is whatever way you have it there will be people who do not like or want it and who will try to get rid of it by either termination or curing.

Back to top Go down

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Gay is genetic Images13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:44 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Gay is genetic Images13

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Gay is genetic Images13

Laughing 

I couldn't find one doing "I'm a little teapot" - certainly tried!

Hence why I put Mr "angry" Catman's scan up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

I couldn't find a racist c**t one to define you either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

are homosexuals a separate race now, i guess that would explain somethings... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It was just a joke, Mr Catman.

Sorry pal.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm

I know I'll sound like a muppet, but I don't put a lot of store by "scientist findings"

Next month they'll be saying that if mums ate flora margarine in their 7th month of pregnancy then their sons will have blonde hair and dance like Beyoncé.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

eddie wrote:I know I'll sound like a muppet, but I don't put a lot of store by "scientist findings"

Next month they'll be saying that if mums ate flora margarine in their 7th month of pregnancy then they're sons will have blonde hair and dance like Beyoncé.

that's science for you, the answer could change on a daily basis, how can that be fact..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:17 pm

eddie wrote:I know I'll sound like a muppet, but I don't put a lot of store by "scientist findings"

Next month they'll be saying that if mums ate flora margarine in their 7th month of pregnancy then their sons will have blonde hair and dance like Beyoncé.

Very true eddie.

Foods and illness is the biggest indicator of that over the years - this will give you cancer, this will prevent cancer etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Well Andy and HF, that's my point. Eggs are bad then eggs are good, too much cheese is bad then it's better to eat it if you're standing upside down blah blah

I'm not always sure that we're always told the truth about cancer
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:41 pm

eddie wrote:Well Andy and HF, that's my point. Eggs are bad then eggs are good, too much cheese is bad then it's better to eat it if you're standing upside down blah blah

I'm sure they don't but it does make some people a shed load of money..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm

heavenly father wrote:
eddie wrote:Well Andy and HF, that's my point. Eggs are bad then eggs are good, too much cheese is bad then it's better to eat it if you're standing upside down blah blah

Yep I agree.

I also dislike all these bloody injections they keep insisting our children have! They're saying two year olds need flu injections!!!! WTF!!!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 pm

eddie wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Yep I agree.

I also dislike all these bloody injections they keep insisting our children have! They're saying two year olds need flu injections!!!! WTF!!!!

in the height of the swine flu they were prepared to use untested injections, how on earth did that get passed as a good idea..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:04 pm

heavenly father wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yep I agree.

in the height of the swine flu they were prepared to use untested injections, how on earth did that get passed as a good idea..

Well my little girl isn't having it. No way.
Trouble is, they target mums and play in their love and guilt....mums feel bad if they don't do the bets by their kids so they believe the GP's.
I won't be fooled.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 pm

eddie wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Trouble is, they target mums and play in their love and guilt....mums feel bad if they don't do the bets by their kids so they believe the GP's.
I won't be fooled.

at their ages they should fight anything off any way, injections for kids that young just seems wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm

heavenly father wrote:
eddie wrote:

I won't be fooled.

at their ages they should fight anything off any way, injections for kids that young just seems wrong.

Exactly. IMO it will cause more problems.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

AHOY THERE CATTY.YOU ACTUALLY SAID SOMETHING FUNNY FOR ONCE!!

WELL DONE LAD.WELL DONE!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

I'm wracking my brains trying to think where I read an article about human evolution which explains in detail how homosexuals are a breakaway mutant species of the homonids.

AHOY THERE HEAVENLY FATHER....Now then HF,I know that you believe in the creation theory & I respect your beliefs but this theory as described above may explain a few things.

Because the use of the word 'mutant'indicates a fuck up in the evolution process.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

excellent reply i like it  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Shady wrote:
Catman wrote:

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

AHOY THERE CATTY.YOU ACTUALLY SAID SOMETHING FUNNY FOR ONCE!!

WELL DONE LAD.WELL DONE!!

it was great  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

I'm wracking my brains trying to think where I read an article about human evolution which explains in detail how homosexuals are a breakaway mutant species of the homonids.

AHOY THERE HEAVENLY FATHER....Now then HF,I know that you believe in the creation theory & I respect your beliefs but this theory as described above may explain a few things.

Because the use of the word 'mutant'indicates a fuck up in the evolution process.

What do you think?

its an interesting idea but how would homosexuals keep going if they were their own branch of a species as they cannot breed..

the idea of them being a mutation is weird and could explain somethings, again if the mutation could be removed perhaps they could become normal..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:38 pm

What do you think?

its an interesting idea but how would homosexuals keep going if they were their own branch of a species as they cannot breed..

the idea of them being a mutation is weird and could explain somethings, again if the mutation could be removed perhaps they could become normal..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:39 pm

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 pm

heavenly father wrote:

What do you think?

Blimey HF that's three times you said that. :D 

But what about inbreeding? Would that answer your question & explain why homosexuality may well be an illness.............caused by inbreeding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm

heavenly father wrote:

What do you think?

Blimey HF that's three times you said that.

But what about inbreeding? Would that answer your question & explain why homosexuality may well be an illness.............caused by inbreeding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Homosexuality is caused by problems in the homosexual person - everybody knows that.

Extreme ugliness in girls, problems with the opposite sex, women being used and abused by men.

Abusive past, childhood...

Etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Wow, the bullshit just abounds in this thread -- let me address that, briefly, by pointing out that journalists often say things about science in their articles that scientists themselves never actually said: http://skepchick.org/2013/11/bad-science-journalism-eat-nuts-live-longer/

On the topic of whether homosexuality is genetic -- it is, because all of our traits ultimately go back to our genes, though environment plays a role as well. And the idea of finding a gay gene is problematic because of the environmental factor and because some people might be tempted to try to "cure" it. (And the fact that a "gay gene" might turn out to be a complex of hundreds of genes that all line up in the right way to predispose someone toward becoming homosexual, and tampering with any of them might result in horrific side effects.)

Ultimately, I hate the whole "Is it a choice or are gay people born that way" question because it's predicated on the idea that there's something wrong with being gay -- for example, we don't pay nearly as much attention to studies on how much the trait of "athleticism" depends on genetics, because we don't think there's anything wrong with being athletic.

What we should be focusing on is whether homosexuality does any harm to society, and we know the answer to that -- it doesn't. Being gay doesn't hurt society any more than having blue eyes or black skin does.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, the bullshit just abounds in this thread -- let me address that, briefly, by pointing out that journalists often say things about science in their articles that scientists themselves never actually said: http://skepchick.org/2013/11/bad-science-journalism-eat-nuts-live-longer/

On the topic of whether homosexuality is genetic -- it is, because all of our traits ultimately go back to our genes, though environment plays a role as well. And the idea of finding a gay gene is problematic because of the environmental factor and because some people might be tempted to try to "cure" it. (And the fact that a "gay gene" might turn out to be a complex of hundreds of genes that all line up in the right way to predispose someone toward becoming homosexual, and tampering with any of them might result in horrific side effects.)

Ultimately, I hate the whole "Is it a choice or are gay people born that way" question because it's predicated on the idea that there's something wrong with being gay -- for example, we don't pay nearly as much attention to studies on how much the trait of "athleticism" depends on genetics, because we don't think there's anything wrong with being athletic.

What we should be focusing on is whether homosexuality does any harm to society, and we know the answer to that -- it doesn't. Being gay doesn't hurt society any more than having blue eyes or black skin does.

No,not bullshit.Just people discussing differing opinions.

Ben I don't know why you bother to post on this site because you seem to hate any form of discussion,different opinion or debate.

The comments that you have made are unproven opinion.That's all.Nothing more & nothing less.

With regards to my initial post I was merely speculating about an article that I had read,possibly in a magazine or online & I was interested to hear HFs opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, the bullshit just abounds in this thread -- let me address that, briefly, by pointing out that journalists often say things about science in their articles that scientists themselves never actually said: http://skepchick.org/2013/11/bad-science-journalism-eat-nuts-live-longer/

Ben I don't know why you bother to post on this site because you seem to hate any form of discussion,different opinion or debate.

The comments that you have made are unproven opinion.That's all.Nothing more & nothing less.

With regards to my initial post I was merely speculating about an article that I had read,possibly in a magazine or online & I was interested to hear HFs opinion.

Actually, this thread was a bunch of head-nodding, which I've heard all about in the past few weeks, until I shared MY differing opinion.

This is what discussion and debate look like. And my opinions are backed with far more evidence than most of the horsecrap that has been posted in this thread up until now. You're just too prejudiced to allow yourself to consider that there's actually nothing wrong or harmful about being gay, regardless of what causes it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Actually, this thread was a bunch of head-nodding, which I've heard all about in the past few weeks, until I shared MY differing opinion.

This is what discussion and debate look like. And my opinions are backed with far more evidence than most of the horsecrap that has been posted in this thread up until now. You're just too prejudiced to allow yourself to consider that there's actually nothing wrong or harmful about being gay, regardless of what causes it.

Well you either are in the early stages of dementia or you're being your usual dismissive self.

I support gay rights but I reserve the right to take the mick out of gays when they push their beliefs down my throat.

There is nothing wrong with being gay.

But I will discuss homosexuality as I would discuss any other topic as it is not a taboo subject for me.I'm not scared or embarrassed by discussing homosexuality.

Discussing the subject doesn't make me nervous or angry.......I just discuss it coldly,clinically & with an open mind Ben...................An open mind.

You don't back your arguments up with evidence....just opinion & guess work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Well you either are in the early stages of dementia or you're being your usual dismissive self.

I support gay rights but I reserve the right to take the mick out of gays when they push their beliefs down my throat.

But I will discuss homosexuality as I would discuss any other topic as it is not a taboo subject for me.I'm not scared or embarrassed by discussing homosexuality.

Discussing the subject doesn't make me nervous or angry.......I just discuss it coldly,clinically & with an open mind Ben...................An open mind.

Ah, and here come the personal attacks, the last refuge of people who can't dismiss the actual points being made.

Actually, if you you don't think being gay is wrong, we're pretty much in agreement. I'm not opposed in any way to research into the possible genetic causes of any human trait, only justifiably concerned that findings will be used to further oppress a segment of society that deserves equal rights.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:27 pm

And if they ate those seasonal Christmas fruit pies , their sons will walk like John Inman And their first words would be 'I'm Free'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Ah, and here come the personal attacks, the last refuge of people who can't dismiss the actual points being made.

Actually, if you you don't think being gay is wrong, we're pretty much in agreement. I'm not opposed in any way to research into the possible genetic causes of any human trait, only justifiably concerned that findings will be used to further oppress a segment of society that deserves equal rights.

Well you've made personal attacks against me so I'm just returning the compliment.

And if you're not opposed to any research regarding the subject why have reponded to my posts in the way that you have?

Ben gotta go for a bit but do you actually or ever think before you open your mouth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well you've personal view on poster, no debate on the topic made personal attacks against me so I'm just returning the compliment.

And if you're personal view on poster, no debate on the topic not opposed to any research regarding the subject why have reponded to my posts in the way that you personal view on poster, no debate on the topic have?

Ben gotta go for a bit but do you personal view on poster, no debate on the topic actually or ever think before you open your personal view on poster, no debate on the topic mouth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Shady wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Blimey HF that's three times you said that. :D 

oops sorry about that folks, it said the site had closed and will reopen in moments, yet the reply kept posting... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Homosexuality is caused by problems in the homosexual person - everybody knows that.

Extreme ugliness in girls, problems with the opposite sex, women being used and abused by men.

Abusive past, childhood...

Etc etc.

I tend to agree... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next