NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

+6
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
eddie
Original Quill
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 Empty New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:58 am

First topic message reminder :

The New York Times on Thursday was standing by its latest editorial board hire — despite revelations that she has made some racists tweets aimed at white people.

Tech writer Sarah Jeong has drawn fire in social media for a series of tweets she made several years ago that bashed “dumbass f–king white people,” whom she derides in another tweet as “groveling goblins.”

The Times does not condone the remarks, it said.

Jeong said she was imitating the language of her online harassers and intended it as “satire” — but now “deeply regrets that I imitated the language of my harassers.”

Jeong, a South Korean native, tweeted in November 2014: “Dumbass f–king white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants.”

In another tweet she asks, “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

In a third tweet, Jeong wrote: “Oh man, it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”

Some took to Twitter to wonder if the Times ever bothered to check her social media background before hiring her.

The Times on Thursday insisted it was aware of the remarks and is standing by her and insisted her comments were reactions to vicious online bashing attacking her background.

“We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications,” the Times said in a statement.

“Her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment,” the newspaper added. “For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers. She sees now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media. She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it.”

The newspaper said it had “candid conversations” with Jeong during the hiring process — and went over her social media history.

“She understands that this type of rhetoric is not acceptable at The Times and we are confident that she will be an important voice for the editorial board moving forward,” the newspaper said.

Jeong said, “I engaged in what I thought of at the time of counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers. These comments were not aimed at a general audience, because general audiences do not engage in harassment campaigns. I can understand how hurtful these posts are out of context, and would not do it again.”

https://nypost.com/2018/08/02/new-york-times-stands-by-editorial-board-hire-despite-racist-tweets/

Back to top Go down

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 Empty Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, I do.  I studied Origins of Law under David Daube, foremost professor and
preeminent scholar of ancient law, at Oxford and Berkeley.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Daube

David was a dear friend, who got me all of my scholarly appointments in the UK, and was ultimately responsible for my switching to a career in law.

Then please try to learn something when English/British people try to teach you something about the law here.

I have.  In fact, I have a PhD in the subject.

I was trying to give back, by teaching a couple of Brits about their own legal system's origins.  But...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'im... etc., etc.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 Empty Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Then please try to learn something when English/British people try to teach you something about the law here.

I was trying to give back, by teaching a couple of Brits about their own legal system's origins.  But...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'im... etc., etc.

Goodness knows how you got a PhD - you don't know anything about it! Of course we know about our legal system - you don't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 pm

So still no examples of any racist/abusive posts sent to this woman, as she claims...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Goodness knows how you got a PhD - you don't know anything about it! Of course we know about our legal system - you don't.

Razz Razz Naf, Naf, Naf...

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course we know about our legal system

Of course some of you do...I taught at the University of London.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.

I predicted that your next post to me would be full of hot air and waffle.

You should have just said: “Yes, I enjoy it when white people suffer racism”  
Because that’s what you really want to say.

And you may have actually gained some respect for owning what you say in a clear, no-nonsense and honest manner.

Actually, I only care what happens in my country.  Brits are pretty much out of the debate.  The New York Times is not going to fire her.  I want them to know I support them ... and her.

Waffle again. What have my points to you been about?
Not America.
Not Britain
Not the New York Times

I said you like and enjoy racism directed at white people. You avoided sying yes or no to that with every word you utter. So I know you’re not proud of it and possibly only just admitted it to yourself for the first time.

But here is the thing. Don’t you ever call anyone racist again. Because you sir, are a racist against white people.

There’s no difference you know....just cos you’re on the side of non-whites. Your attitude is ugly, so was the attitude of the woman in the OP.

Racism is ugly. I thought you already knew that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Quill, you have internalised racism. It’s become clearer and clearer to me.
I saw this so many times when I dated black people, meeting those white girls who literally belittled themeselves and their colour, to “fit in”.

I KNOW you do this. I can see you, lining up in a bank hoping to get the black cashiers so you can show her how totally cool and non-white you are.
I can see you do it.

Puffing up with pride when you think she’s “recognised” you as a “good white man” who loves “black’s matter” articles.

It’s a real problem dude. You see colour way too much.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Is Quill Black ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm

eddie wrote:Quill, you have internalised racism. It’s become clearer and clearer to me.

I applaud you for recognizing something is different,  But you don’t know what or why.

America is a racist nation.  You are seeing the affray, but judging things from a naive British perspective.  Let me put it to you this way: the white nationalists who rule this country would like to keep slavery going--in fact, they are keeping it going--but it's no longer PC to do so out in the open.  So they do things undercover, where they hope to get away with it.  I call it zippedy-do-dah in reverse, if you know the origin of that term.

I don't stick solely to racism.  I have warned y'all that America is no longer a democracy.  Two out of the three presidents put into office this century were not elected, but appointed.  I have warned you that America is not governed by rule of law.  It's not what you do, but who you are.  The appointed president violates the Constitution with impunity, and not only the people, but the remaining government lets it happen.

What I do is uncover the faux act. I bring it out in the open.  You Brits, with your oh-so-civilized tea parties, see the abrasiveness, but you don't see that this is what is going on.  It's reality.  So we see posts like yours, eddie, saying ta-ta, must be nicer, quilly.  Laughing  Tell that to the Ku-klux-klan, which is still going on silently in Mississippi, Alabama, North & South Carolina, Florida, Texas and Georgia.

There was an open demonstration of this the weekend of Charlottsville.  People were killed, and open warfare broke out...prelude to the coming civil war.  But y'all were having tea and biscuits, and chose not to look.

A couple of months ago, Trump and the Russo-Republicans closed the southern border, and broke apart the families that came a-lookin' for asylum...it was literally child abuse and infant kidnapping... something that ordinarily you folks cluck like hens about.  But none of you even bothered to comment.  I can't believe y'all when you are soo up in arms about a single incident of child abuse, but when the racists in the US do the same, in 5,000-person increments, it's nothing.

Yes, I stand out...and proudly so.  Y'all are not even looking.  You are so comfortable in your polite English civilization, that you don't see how unstable your protector nation--the USA-- is.  It's not that I haven't warned you.  But y'all just answer with your cluck-cluck about how my warnings are...ahem, too extreme for polite company.

Well it's coming.  You see the choppy waters, but you miss the strong undertow.  You scold the messenger, and ignore the message. Haha...who can get any sleep when crazy Paul Revere goes shouting through the streets at night, carrying-on so.  Razz Razz

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50 pm

nicko wrote:Is Quill Black ?

Why? Are Black's evil?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Here we go again with the broken lefty record, casting hundreds of millions of Americans as racist. This from one American, who does not even interact with more than a few thousand Americans each day and through his entire life.

Its the same retarded identtity politics that is continually dividing people into two camps The wierd thing is, each right and left identity political camp, think they are the good and the other is the evil.

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill, you have internalised racism. It’s become clearer and clearer to me.

I applaud you for recognizing something is different,  But you don’t know what or why.

America is a racist nation.  You are seeing the affray, but judging things from a naive British perspective.  Let me put it to you this way: the white nationalists who rule this country would like to keep slavery going--in fact, they are keeping it going--but it's no longer PC to do so out in the open.  So they do things undercover, where they hope to get away with it.  I call it zippedy-do-dah in reverse, if you know the origin of that term.

I don't stick solely to racism.  I have warned y'all that America is no longer a democracy.  Two out of the three presidents put into office this century were not elected, but appointed.  I have warned you that America is not governed by rule of law.  It's not what you do, but who you are.  The appointed president violates the Constitution with impunity, and not only the people, but the remaining government lets it happen.

What I do is uncover the faux act. I bring it out in the open.  You Brits, with your oh-so-civilized tea parties, see the abrasiveness, but you don't see that this is what is going on.  It's reality.  So we see posts like yours, eddie, saying ta-ta, must be nicer, quilly.  Laughing  Tell that to the Ku-klux-klan, which is still going on silently in Mississippi, Alabama, North & South Carolina, Florida, Texas and Georgia.

There was an open demonstration of this the weekend of Charlottsville.  People were killed, and open warfare broke out...prelude to the coming civil war.  But y'all were having tea and biscuits, and chose not to look.

A couple of months ago, Trump and the Russo-Republicans closed the southern border, and broke apart the families that came a-lookin' for asylum...it was literally child abuse and infant kidnapping... something that ordinarily you folks cluck like hens about.  But none of you even bothered to comment.  I can't believe y'all when you are soo up in arms about a single incident of child abuse, but when the racists in the US do the same, in 5,000-person increments, it's nothing.

Yes, I stand out...and proudly so.  Y'all are not even looking.  You are so comfortable in your polite English civilization, that you don't see how unstable your protector nation--the USA-- is.  It's not that I haven't warned you.  But y'all just answer with your cluck-cluck about how my warnings are...ahem, too extreme for polite company.

Well it's coming.  You see the choppy waters, but you miss the strong undertow.  You scold the messenger, and ignore the message. Haha...who can get any sleep when crazy Paul Revere goes shouting through the streets at night, carrying-on so.  Razz Razz

@ Quill: Yeah I didn’t read this post because I know it has fuck all to do with what I just said to you.

@ Anyone Else: Can you tell me if there was any reference to his internalised racism, or was it just about trump/America/politics/elephants and lies?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Typical. New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:Typical.  New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 2190311264

It’s very sunny here in the UK and tomorrow I don’t need have to work a full day.

Is that irrelevant enough for the “Let’s reply to a post with as much irrelevance as possible” game we are playing?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Is Quill Black ?

Why?  Are Black's evil?

Not as evil as those whites!
Right?
Right!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Razz Razz  Naf, Naf, Naf...  

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course we know about our legal system

Well you must have been shit... cos you don't even know that here in England we don't have 1st degree and 2nd degree murder categories... only one category... murder!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Razz Razz  Naf, Naf, Naf...  

Well you must have been shit... cos you don't even know that here in England we don't have 1st degree and 2nd degree murder categories... only one category... murder!

You don't either, tommy. You spend so much time evading the obvious...that your law incorporates 1st degree and 2nd degree. Your lack of confidence in your position is obvious in the number of times you must come back after losing.

Get back to the foundry. Break is over. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Wrong!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm

I wish you’d reconsider your stance on your internalised racism, Quill. It’s hindering, in my opinion.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

You don't either, tommy.  You spend so much time evading the obvious...that your law incorporates 1st degree and 2nd degree.  Your lack of confidence in your position is obvious in the number of times you must come back after losing.

Get back to the foundry.  Break is over.  Twisted Evil

Wrong!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Are you Black Quill ? yes or no, don't give me any waffle, simply yes or no !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:52 pm

nicko wrote:Are you Black Quill ?   yes or no,    don't give me any waffle, simply yes or no !

No he’s not Nicko. For fucks sake, don’t you ever read Quill’s posts? He’s a lawyer, white, from California. He’s even posted his photo up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:59 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:Are you Black Quill ?   yes or no,    don't give me any waffle, simply yes or no !

No he’s not Nicko. For fucks sake, don’t you ever read Quill’s posts? He’s a lawyer, white, from California. He’s even posted his photo up.

My avvie is me...perhaps it's the tan.  Razz

eddie wrote:I wish you’d reconsider your stance on your internalised racism, Quill. It’s hindering, in my opinion.

I'll change when the southern states each pass an apology to blacks and Hispanics, and each pass legislation for reparations.  The Federal government has done that for the Japanese and the Native Americans.  So, the states know how it's done.  When you give in to a wrongdoer for no reason, it only encourages them to do more wrong. Wink

It's impossible to forgive, when there is no remorse, and they've done nothing to deserve forgiveness.  #Charlottesville...#Black lives matter.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which proves my point on you being illiberal on social issues. You think that to combat hate, is to be hateful

Which is self defeating

Only the left and why again I ask Ben. Is how far left can the left go, until he sees there is something dramatically wrong?

We see a glowing example above

PC for you, that then a person thinks its good racism happens here in retaliation

At some point you have to accept you can't convert everybody

and not that is good, but that its funny Twisted Evil Twisted Evil you gotta laugh at the idiocy of conservatives, or you'd go mad 

And a response in retaliation is not the same as an action initiated unprovoked.

Lol Islamismism eat your heart out

If you cannot convert people, hate them, with hate. According to the world of Nazism, Communism, Islamism and Veyaism

To say racist retaliation is not the same, is again absolute gibberish

LOL 
No, You see you are a Totalitarian and cannot cope with someone disagreeing, But normal people don't have to hate something just because they disagree  Suspect
You really are a sick twisted puppy  Evil or Very Mad

If you can't convert them, Ignore them. They Cease to be Relevant. 
It is better to mock them then to hate them   Wink

Retaliation is not the same as Initiation, Whether it be racism, Violence or whatever.  
if you don't believe that then You are Irrelevant to me  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:54 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

If you cannot convert people, hate them, with hate. According to the world of Nazism, Communism, Islamism and Veyaism

LOL 
No, You see you are a Totalitarian and cannot cope with someone disagreeing, But normal people don't have to hate something just because they disagree  Suspect

Retaliation is not the same as Initiation, Whether it be racism, Violence or whatever.  

1) Well considering I believe in equality and democracy, I cannot be totalitarian. You though stated you think its great, which is more than being in agreement. That is even more than an endorsement. Its actually then backing racism

2) Is that why nobody listens to much of your answers?   Laughing

3) good luck then looking in the Mirror

At least others like eddie here see the hypocrisy of you and Quill who are so much hypocrites here

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Didge wrote:At least others like eddie here see the hypocrisy of you and Quill who are so much hypocrites here

Hypocrisy is wanting to see rapprochement, but being unwilling to give up anything in return, or even to say 'I'm sorry'.

I'm always willing to compromise.  If Republicans will grant all judicial appointments that would have been made by Obama, recalling those made by Republicans, including the appointment of  Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court, it would be a show of willingness to undo the division they have created.

As it is, when Democrats are back in power they are going to have to pass a Bill invalidating all judicial appointments, as being made by someone not lawfully a president...and thus, illegal.  Trump is not a valid president as he broke the law in getting to the position, conspiring with a hostile foreign power to gain placement.

That would be a minimal gesture of reconciliation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.

And you may have actually gained some respect for owning what you say in a clear, no-nonsense and honest manner.

Actually, I only care what happens in my country.  Brits are pretty much out of the debate.  The New York Times is not going to fire her.  I want them to know I support them ... and her.

Not America.
Not Britain
Not the New York Times

I said you like and enjoy racism directed at white people. You avoided sying yes or no to that with every word you utter. So I know you’re not proud of it and possibly only just admitted it to yourself for the first time.

But here is the thing. Don’t you ever call anyone racist again. Because you sir, are a racist  against white people.

There’s no difference you know....just cos you’re on the side of non-whites. Your attitude is ugly, so was the attitude of the woman in the OP.

I love that I got a red for saying this yet Phantom Roger Red Hat didn’t want to discuss it with me. I feel kinda morally superior and also a like a Truth Rebel Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Even though it was a response to my post, I never give reds...and it wasn't me this time.  Reds don't count, so they are just petty petulance and anger.

Trust me, there are still some good liberals out there.  I get greens quite unexpectedly, and I have no idea where they come from.  Or, the alternative is the vast, uncommitted middle is getting upset with the RW, just as much as us.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

LOL 

1) Well considering I believe in equality and democracy, I cannot be totalitarian. You though stated you think its great, which is more than being in agreement. That is even more than an endorsement. Its actually then backing racism

At least others like eddie here see the hypocrisy of you and Quill who are so much hypocrites here

when did I ever say my position could not be seen as Hypocritical to those of limited intellect  confused

we're not even in the same league, your all about old nonsense that is already obsolete, Day dreaming snowflake Ideas of Utopia.

I am about the beautiful chaos that is reality, I am not brainwashed into your Abrahamic outlook of Good versus Evil.  geek
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not America.
Not Britain
Not the New York Times

But here is the thing. Don’t you ever call anyone racist again. Because you sir, are a racist  against white people.

I love that I got a red for saying this yet Phantom Roger Red Hat didn’t want to discuss it with me. I feel kinda morally superior and also a like a Truth Rebel Cool

I love the fact this whole rant is Void just by admitting, as Eddie and myself have done in the past, that everyone is racist  Smile

there is a difference, one is standing up for the underdog the other is bullying those in a weaker position.

Also racism is not always ugly.
Asian are good at school, Africans have big dicks, etc.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 am

Veya, at least you’re honest. And yes, I do think everyone is a little racist to some stretched extent or another.
But don’t tell me that you’re only racist against whites?

You’re lying...as if your “racism” is acceptable because you’re white.

Fuck off. That’s just such bullshit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

when did I ever say my position could not be seen as Hypocritical to those of limited intellect  confused

we're not even in the same league, your all about old nonsense that is already obsolete, Day dreaming snowflake Ideas of Utopia.

I am about the beautiful chaos that is reality, I am not brainwashed into your Abrahamic outlook of Good versus Evil.  geek

1) As seen above by claiming some racism is exceptable

2() Do I? News to me, on some utopia

3) Nature is chaos and you are not even in the same league. In fact people who have been very close to chaos as much as nature, is people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot ect. You want to be associated with that kind of chaos. Knock yourself out.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:41 am

Acceptable?  Suspect Suspect Suspect
you make it sound like I'm trying to come to some sort of Accommodation with "Conservative Whites/Eurocentrics"....  I'm not  Wink

So your saying a Person making negative commentary on their own race, is the same as someone making negative commentary about someone else's race?  Suspect Suspect  I'd disagree. any monkey defends itself but it takes empathy to choose to defend another.  

most racism is not even negative, there is a fuck tonne of racism in just being considerate. and often enough it has some basis in reality. the issue is not having 'racist' preconceptions (which everyone has) the issue is not allowing for the fact that these preconceptions are not universally accurate. (a.k.a everyone is an individual)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:42 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

3) Nature is chaos and you are not even in the same league. In fact people who have been very close to chaos as much as nature, is people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot ect. You want to be associated with that kind of chaos. Knock yourself out.

yes, yes I know snowflake. 
it's why your opinion is of no relevance to me  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:Acceptable?  Suspect Suspect Suspect
you make it sound like I'm trying to come to some sort of Accommodation with "Conservative Whites/Eurocentrics"....  I'm not  Wink

So your saying a Person making negative commentary on their own race, is the same as someone making negative commentary about someone else's race?  Suspect Suspect  I'd disagree. any monkey defends itself but it takes empathy to choose to defend another.  

most racism is not even negative, there is a fuck tonne of racism in just being considerate. and often enough it has some basis in reality. the issue is not having 'racist' preconceptions (which everyone has) the issue is not allowing for the fact that these preconceptions are not universally accurate. (a.k.a everyone is an individual)

Very much a negative view point that then makes racism acceptable when it comes from within the same identity group

I mean that is like saying a woman who hates women, like a man can is okay, because she is a woman. Its about the most absurd and stupid thing to claim

Considerate?

Really?

What bases in reality?

Considering races in humans are simple constructs, and the fact that we are individual, shows its not even a universally accurate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

yes, yes I know snowflake. 
it's why your opinion is of no relevance to me  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

lol, is that why you are rendered down to insulting, when I easily show up the flaws in your thinking.

I mean your examples to say some racism is okay, is not even an example of racism.

At present Asians are doing better today in schools, which is more to do with an ethos on learning and again being successful. This again only applies to some Asian ethnicities also. That has not got anything to do with anything genetically inherited, but something taught. It may not even be constant and simple change which ethnic groups end up doing better.

Not sure what relevance the size of dicks on average has racially, espcially to women who only like women??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 am

Anyway, I am off to bed, night all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:10 am

Oh thought I would post this before I go as is interesting to show

In the mosaic of America, three groups that have been unusually successful are Asian-Americans, Jews and West Indian blacks — and in that there may be some lessons for the rest of us.

Asian-Americans are renowned — or notorious — for ruining grade curves in schools across the land, and as a result they constitute about 20 percent of students at Harvard College.

As for Jews, they have received about one-third of all Nobel Prizes in science received by Americans. One survey found that a quarter of Jewish adults in the United States have earned a graduate degree, compared with 6 percent of the population as a whole.

West Indian blacks, those like Colin Powell whose roots are in the Caribbean, are one-third more likely to graduate from college than African-Americans as a whole, and their median household income is almost one-third higher.

These three groups may help debunk the myth of success as a simple product of intrinsic intellect, for they represent three different races and histories. In the debate over nature and nurture, they suggest the importance of improved nurture — which, from a public policy perspective, means a focus on education. Their success may also offer some lessons for you, me, our children — and for the broader effort to chip away at poverty in this country.

Richard Nisbett cites each of these groups in his superb recent book, “Intelligence and How to Get It.” Dr. Nisbett, a professor of psychology at the University of Michigan, argues that what we think of as intelligence is quite malleable and owes little or nothing to genetics.

“I think the evidence is very good that there is no genetic contribution to the black-white difference on I.Q.,” he said, adding that there also seems to be no genetic difference in intelligence between whites and Asians. As for Jews, some not-very-rigorous studies have found modestly above-average I.Q. for Ashkenazi Jews, though not for Sephardic Jews. Dr. Nisbett is somewhat skeptical, noting that these results emerge from samples that may not be representative.

In any case, he says, the evidence is overwhelming that what is distinctive about these three groups is not innate advantage but rather a tendency to get the most out of the firepower they have.

One large study followed a group of Chinese-Americans who initially did slightly worse on the verbal portion of I.Q. tests than other Americans and the same on math portions. But beginning in grade school, the Chinese outperformed their peers, apparently because they worked harder.

The Chinese-Americans were only half as likely as other children to repeat a grade in school, and by high school they were doing much better than European-Americans with the same I.Q.

As adults, 55 percent of the Chinese-American sample entered high-status occupations, compared with one-third of whites. To succeed in a profession or as managers, whites needed an average I.Q. of about 100, while Chinese-Americans needed an I.Q. of just 93. In short, Chinese-Americans managed to achieve more than whites who on paper had the same intellect.

A common thread among these three groups may be an emphasis on diligence or education, perhaps linked in part to an immigrant drive. Jews and Chinese have a particularly strong tradition of respect for scholarship, with Jews said to have achieved complete adult male literacy — the better to read the Talmud — some 1,700 years before any other group.

The parallel force in China was Confucianism and its reverence for education. You can still sometimes see in rural China the remains of a monument to a villager who triumphed in the imperial exams. In contrast, if an American town has someone who earns a Ph.D., the impulse is not to build a monument but to pass a hat.

Among West Indians, the crucial factors for success seem twofold: the classic diligence and hard work associated with immigrants, and intact families. The upshot is higher family incomes and fathers more involved in child-rearing.

What’s the policy lesson from these three success stories?

It’s that the most decisive weapons in the war on poverty aren’t transfer payments but education, education, education. For at-risk households, that starts with social workers making visits to encourage such basic practices as talking to children. One study found that a child of professionals (disproportionately white) has heard about 30 million words spoken by age 3; a black child raised on welfare has heard only 10 million words, leaving that child at a disadvantage in school.

The next step is intensive early childhood programs, followed by improved elementary and high schools, and programs to defray college costs.

Perhaps the larger lesson is a very empowering one: success depends less on intellectual endowment than on perseverance and drive. As Professor Nisbett puts it, “Intelligence and academic achievement are very much under people’s control.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/opinion/07kristof.html

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:35 am

It's racist to say "Asians Work harder"  Razz Razz Razz Razz
it doesn't matter if it has a basis in reality, You are applying a Stereotype to an entire group

You see, you're wrong everyone is racist and it is not necessarily negative.

it is literally the way the Brain functions (Classification and Association). If you weren't you'd literally be mentally disabled.

AND 
I will say again 'Some Racism is OK'
Like "Asian are good a school" or "Brits are in denial about History" ... they are simply things that are true for the majority. it doesn't mean there are no Brits that understand the Evil of their Cultures past  tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:54 am

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 ZgaSIeS
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:It's racist to say "Asians Work harder"  Razz Razz Razz Razz
it doesn't matter if it has a basis in reality, You are applying a Stereotype to an entire group

You see, you're wrong everyone is racist and it is not necessarily negative.

it is literally the way the Brain functions (Classification and Association). If you weren't you'd literally be mentally disabled.

AND 
I will say again 'Some Racism is OK'
Like "Asian are good a school" or "Brits are in denial about History" ... they are simply things that are true for the majority. it doesn't mean there are no Brits that understand the Evil of their Cultures past  tongue tongue tongue tongue

Its not racist to say asians work hard

Doh

You for some reason do, when we know some have been instilled with a work ethos

Again you invent things I have not even said and I even questioned why you thought it was racist

I do not see it as racist, as again not asians will work hard, as its based on an average, not everyone

This is what you cannot grasp. As you can find bone idle Asians as well, as Asians not bright at all and who do not succeed.

You see, its you inventing a view to something you view as racist, when there is no bases for racism at all

So saying "Asians are good at school" (they are on average) is no different to Jews (they are on average). That is not racist but based on an average and a view that has nothing to do with biology, but as seen from the article. The parents instilling a good work ethic and early reading. 

In other words its based on nurture

Doh

Also what evidence do you have that clearly to you Brits on average are in denial of history. 

None on here ever are, they generally school you on history

Razz

Again this would be something eiether taught or not taught, thus nurture

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_prejudice

LOL 
see you talk about shit you don't know the basics of

Classification By Race is Racism, Attributing any Trait (other than Race) to Race is Racism  
Doesn't matter what the averages say, because it being often true is not relevant.

this is why You Snowflake opinion is wrong at the most base fundamental Level Which is Why 
YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER, You choose to remain ignorant and perpetuate racist stereotypes through Ignorance.
I accept that You are just that sort of person and I cannot Convert you   New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 1069003512
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:09 am

And have you ever read any of your (or Les, In fact ever Brit I have seen) post on 'History' 
they are Complete Racist Propaganda, where the people with Such poor hygiene that they were literally noxious to Culture that had Hygiene. You say Brits brought Civilization when all they bough was Violence, they were literally shit covered invaders with Hygiene so atrocious that level had never been experienced on 3 continents so when they arrived they caused a LITERAL PLAGUE.

there is simply nothing 'Civil' about European Culture
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_prejudice

LOL 
see you talk about shit you don't know the basics of

Classification By Race is Racism, Attributing any Trait (other than Race) to Race is Racism  
Doesn't matter what the averages say, because it being often true is not relevant.

this is why You Snowflake opinion is wrong at the most base fundamental Level Which is Why 
YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER, You choose to remain ignorant and perpetuate racist stereotypes through Ignorance.
I accept that You are just that sort of person and I cannot Convert you   New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 1069003512

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 3489511464

That is hilarious and shows you have no idea what you are talking about

Again this is about nurture, so you posting that link was priceless fuckwittery

So again lets puit this to the test and put up  a vote to see if people think its racist to believe asians do better at school than whites or blacks?

In your own time

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:And have you ever read any of your (or Les, In fact ever Brit I have seen) post on 'History' 
they are Complete Racist Propaganda, where the people with Such poor hygiene that they were literally noxious to Culture that had Hygiene. You say Brits brought Civilization when all they bough was Violence, they were literally shit covered invaders with Hygiene so atrocious that level had never been experienced on 3 continents so when they arrived they caused a LITERAL PLAGUE.

there is simply nothing 'Civil' about European Culture

lol, but this is the hilarious part

You have zero qualifications in History

I have a degree and a masters in history

You know next to nothing and I know countless more than you

You are not the stand point for what is the correct history. Nor are you qualified to do so.

Even the above is again an invention by you.

I have stated many times about how many of the indegenous in Australia, the America's were killed off mainly by desease

It was wolf jumping in trying to look smart claiming there was countless mass genocides. Untill I pointed out the evidence that many died of desease. I even listed all the attrocities

Its why I simple ignore wolfs posts is all he does is piss and moan and posters repeating the same retarded lie

One fact is clear though, both you and Wolf are ignorant on any history

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Didge wrote:You have zero qualifications in History

Bullshite!

Didge wrote:You know next to nothing and I know countless more than you

Anyone who uses the Bolshevik Russian state as an example of communism, is espousing 3rd-grade conceptions...and knows nothing. Where did you get these degrees? Tijuana Tech? Disneyland U?

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:You have zero qualifications in History

Bullshite!

Ha ha ha and that is why I dont believe you have any law degrees and have never been a judge.. Cool

Is that why also you get schooled on history?

Want to go over again your warped conspiracy that Roosevelt engineered the Japanese to attack?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Or how about your woeful views on the Battle of Agincourt?

Your lack of understanding of how much the lend lease to the USSR by the USA was instrumental in helping them achieve their massive encirclement battles over the Germans?

I can go on, but on countless occasions, you always got schooled Quill

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 pm

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 2190311264 I don't claim to be a judge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets - Page 2 2190311264   I don't claim to be a judge.

You have claimed to have been a judge

Oh dear, are you now backtracking or getting your lies mixed up?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:47 pm

I've been a Judge pro tempore, but who hasn't?

A judge is a permanent assignment, either for life, or for a statutory period, I have never been appointed a lifetime judge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next