NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool?

+2
Syl
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? Empty Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool?

Post by eddie Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Just came across this and wondered what people thought.

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? 0ae55e10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? Empty Re: Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:25 pm

I agree with this.

i can remember jumping from our stairs at home as a child

from the second on up, then the third, then the fourth, then the fifth. i can still remember the feeling of exhilaration from it. there was no fear of hurting myself and i didn't but when my mum came into the hallway and saw me doing it from the fifth she just shrieked at me ''for goodness sake! what on earth are you doing? you'll end up killing yourself.''. i kind of metaphorically crashed down to earth. it was a real bummer, a deflating feeling. i was really enjoying the sensation and then then WHAM! not physically but mentally and emotionally

Back to top Go down

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? Empty Re: Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool?

Post by Syl Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Lots of truth in it, parents often envisage a danger that may never happen.....a child may see the risk, but think he is capable of overcoming it.

Kids should be left to test themselves to a degree,  but broken bones or worse can sometimes be the outcome.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:57 pm

All kids have a sense of adventure, and have no fear.

Kids being kids.

We used to climb trees, jump over railings, do lots of things which are now banned for kids.

Let kids enjoy their freedom and being kids, before they get too old to have had one.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:34 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:36 am

Completely agree with all the view so far

However, if a child had an accident and was badly hurt, who from the above would hold the same view?

Or would you make a U-turn and blame the parents for not keeping a constant eye?

I seriously ask this, as I seriously think those ladies who commented would be the first to judge the parents if something did happen to a child.

As parents we can never keep two eyes on our children and yet I know for a fact (bar Eddie) that many here would immediately judge the parents if harm came to a child when playing

That is not being negative, but knowing how hypocritial people are.

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:07 am

I know what you're saying Didge.

I would definitely say that if the child is young, but not as they get older. You have to learn to let go and let them out with their friends. I'm talking Secondary School age.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:10 am

Children are closed down on many levels by adults who have forgotten what it feels like to be a child.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Very true HT. Childhood doesn't last long, they need to enjoy it.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Didge wrote:Completely agree with all the view so far

However, if a child had an accident and was badly hurt, who from the above would hold the same view?

Or would you make a U-turn and blame the parents for not keeping a constant eye?

I seriously ask this, as I seriously think those ladies who commented would be the first to judge the parents if something did happen to a child.

As parents we can never keep two eyes on our children and yet I know for a fact (bar Eddie) that many here would immediately judge the parents if harm came to a child when playing

I would, but speaking from experience thats why i added the second comment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Accidents happen and the parents aren't always to blame, even when they are keeping two eyes on their kids at all times.

When I was a kid, just 8, I used to range miles away from my house on my bicycle. No adult supervision of any kind, and I'm still here today.

Of course, that was before they invented pedophiles Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Syl wrote:

I would, but speaking from experience thats why i added the second comment.

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Interestingly, i bumped into a school mum the other day who told me her little girl had fallen at a party and broken her elbow. The mums cousin had taken her girl and the girls grandparents (I’m assuming they’re also related to the mum’s cousin) completely blamed the Mum, saying she should have taken her own daughter and then the accident would never have happened.

I pretty much told the Mum her parents were talking bollocks. The child could’ve fallen and broken her elbow at any time, anywhere.

Some peolke don’t understand accidents are just that. Accidents.

Re the part in bold....why am I barred? What did I doooooo? Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:24 pm

eddie wrote:

Interestingly, i bumped into a school mum the other day who told me her little girl had fallen at a party and broken her elbow. The mums cousin had taken her girl and the girls grandparents (I’m assuming they’re also related to the mum’s cousin) completely blamed the Mum, saying she should have taken her own daughter and then the accident would never have happened.

I pretty much told the Mum her parents were talking bollocks. The child could’ve fallen and broken her elbow at any time, anywhere.

Some peolke don’t understand accidents are just that.  Accidents.

I mean bar, as in except Eddie

Meaning you would not hold a double standard on this

You just proved my view of you right

In other words, you would not judge and look to blame the parents for mishaps that kids often have when playing

Doh

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Syl wrote:Lots of truth in it, parents often envisage a danger that may never happen.....a child may see the risk, but think he is capable of overcoming it.

Kids should be left to test themselves to a degree,  but broken bones or worse can sometimes be the outcome.

Maybe you should add cotten wool to the walls and ceilings then

You cannot wrap children in cotten wool

]Its the same with far leftist idiots that believe they should be sheltered ffrom any view they do not like in the world

It ends up not teaching them anything

Kids break bones when they play, as do adults. It happens and why we should never attempt to wrap them up in cotten wool .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Some peolke don’t understand accidents are just that.  Accidents.

In other words, you would not judge and look to blame the parents for mishaps that kids often have when playing

Doh

+1

I knew what you meant. I was just being a funny fucker. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Doh

+1

I knew what you meant. I was just being a funny fucker. Razz

Do we wrap our children too tightly in cotton wool? 3201073460

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down