NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry

2 posters

Go down

Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry  Empty Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:10 am

Two African-American workers at a cotton gin in Memphis, Tenn. have filed federal discrimination charges against a white supervisor who threatened to hang them for drinking from a “white people only” water fountain. And it’s all on tape.

The employees, Antonio Harris and Marrio Mangrum, told news station WREG that their head supervisor at Atkinson Cotton Warehouse called them “monkeys” and directed them to “think like a white man.”

“He pulled his pants down in front of us and told us to kiss his white tail,” said Harris.

After hearing racist comments for months, Harris decided to record his supervisor with his cell phone as he tried to drink from the the warehouse water fountain and use the microwave. When Harris tried to use the microwave, his supervisor yelled at him on tape. “Hell no,” he says in the recording, before explaining that Harris can’t use it because “you’re not white.”

Later in the same recording, Harris drinks from a water fountain his supervisor also declared off limits for non-whites, and then asks the supervisor “[w]hat they do when they catch me drinking your water?” The supervisor responds “[t]hat’s when we hang you.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/06/04/3444917/cotton-gin-boss/?icamp=recirc&iref=gravity&imed=rr1x4

this STILL happens in 2014!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry  Empty Re: Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:27 am

veya wrote:this STILL happens in 2014!!!!

Yes, but now we have a law and a big fookin' employment discrimination lawsuit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry  Empty Re: Persecution fo Africans n the Cotton industry

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 am

I lolz
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
every time I read Fookin'  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:I lolz
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
every time I read Fookin'  Cool 

::D::  I had a great friend--a total conservative--by the name of Aqua.  Bee and LD know her well.  She was pretty much the queen bee of Refuge, over on FF.

She was a Scotswoman from Fife.  She could never bring herself to say "fucking," but always would write "fookin."  I thought, aha a Scottish accent...that's as polite a way as any to express it.  Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down