NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow?

4 posters

Go down

have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow? Empty have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow?

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 8:52 am

reading through here it does look as if some of those who are from scotlandlandshire have now also turned their back on the evil doings of the labour party that they fought tooth and nail for in previous years and have now turned and interesting shade of yellow.

I can certainly understand why few could ever bring themselves to vote for a labour party that was so out of touch with the common man even if they did support them once.

am I wrong in this assumption or is there actually still a labour supporter left in scotland.

there are apparently on average at least 7000 tories per seat still in scotland. Is it possible that the tories will end up as the official opposition up there in coming years.

#tory #labourfail #snp
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow? Empty Re: have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow?

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:reading through here it does look as if some of those who are from scotlandlandshire have now also turned their back on the evil doings of the labour party that they fought tooth and nail for in previous years and have now turned and interesting shade of yellow.

I can certainly understand why few could ever bring themselves to vote for a labour party that was so out of touch with the common man even if they did support them once.

am I wrong in this assumption or is there actually still a labour supporter left in scotland.

there are apparently on average at least 7000 tories per seat still in scotland. Is it possible that the tories will end up as the official opposition up there in coming years.

#tory #labourfail #snp

There are still some Labour supporters left up there - 24.3% of the population who voted. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow? Empty Re: have even the died in the wool red until dead labour supporters in scotland turned yellow?

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:reading through here it does look as if some of those who are from scotlandlandshire have now also turned their back on the evil doings of the labour party that they fought tooth and nail for in previous years and have now turned and interesting shade of yellow.

#tory #labourfail #snp

There are still some Labour supporters left up there - 24.3% of the population who voted. Laughing
I am sure there must be a few.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I am sure there must be a few.

Why do you think so many voted SNP? Do you think they did so because they genuinely want them, or was it to keep the Tories out?

I think that if they wanted to keep the Tories out, they would have voted Labour really.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:22 am

Very simple, SNP are actually more LW than the Labour Party and many in Scotland who don't support independence, do support the policies of the SNP, especially when it comes to Trident. Only Dean would pose the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

risingsun wrote:Very simple, SNP are actually more LW than the Labour Party and many in Scotland who don't support independence, do support the policies of the SNP, especially when it comes to Trident.   Only Dean would pose the question.

It was a very sudden switch though, wasn't it? In the last election the SNP got around 20% of the popular vote, and in the one before that they got 17.7%. Going up to 50% is quite dramatic.

Are you really suggesting that it was the issue of Trident which influenced them?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:30 am

Of course it was, there was an election and the LP did not go far enough left for voters in Scotland, who have a passion for getting rid of Trident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 am

I think the interesting thing north of the border is the way in which attitudes towards Trident and attitudes towards the constitutional question seemed to have become much more clearly aligned and are, therefore - to some degree at least - reflected in the way some people vote.

If you go back to the Guardian poll, for example, quite astonishingly, it finds that 77% of those people who say they are going to vote for the SNP are opposed to Trident, whereas in contrast only 22% of those willing to vote Labour are opposed to Trident.

That shows Labour having a vote in Scotland that is more in favour of keeping at least some kind of nuclear weapons facility than are opposed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-30897643

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 11:37 am

risingsun wrote:Of course it was, there was an election and the LP did not go far enough left for voters in Scotland, who have a passion for getting rid of Trident.

I don't think so. I think it was because of the personality of Nicola Sturgeon. I also think it was because of the vote for independence. Those who didn't vote yes started to think about it more, and decided that they wanted to be more nationalistic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:40 am

We were getting reports from people knocking on the doors in Scotland, and they were all saying that voters were reporting that they were going to vote SNP because the SNP were doing what they wanted the Labour Party to do and most of all, they wanted rid of Trident and austerity. From my personal point of view, i think the two parties should have worked together, too late now though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 am

risingsun wrote:We were getting reports from people knocking on the doors in Scotland, and they were all saying that voters were reporting that they were going to vote SNP because the SNP were doing what they wanted the Labour Party to do and most of all, they wanted rid of Trident and austerity.  From my personal point of view, i think the two parties should have worked together, too late now though.

Worked together? Do you mean in Scotland or just generally? There was no way the Labour party was going to do a deal with the SNP - it would have alienated voters in the rest of the UK.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:50 am

Why would it have alienated voters?  Because they have been manipulated to be scared of the SNP and to believe that everyone north of the border is somehow not allowed as much of a say as someone south of the border?    How about if they said the same thing about Cornwall, which has wanted to be independent on and off for years, and who Cameron gave special status.  How about the Isle of Wight?

2/3rd of the country didn't vote for Cameron.  The Left should work together, the Tories rely on them voting against each other.  I would love to see them all getting together.

BTW, huge majority of Labour voters in England thought Ed was wrong and we should have worked with the SNP, we both wanted the same things, apart from Trident, and I'm with her and the Lib Dems on that, we would never deploy it and the money would make a huge difference to doing what we need to do to get the country moving again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
risingsun wrote:Very simple, SNP are actually more LW than the Labour Party and many in Scotland who don't support independence, do support the policies of the SNP, especially when it comes to Trident.   Only Dean would pose the question.

It was a very sudden switch though, wasn't it? In the last election the SNP got around 20% of the popular vote, and in the one before that they got 17.7%. Going up to 50% is quite dramatic.

Are you really suggesting that it was the issue of Trident which influenced them?
partly that is true but i think it was more to do with what cameron said before the no vote then what he said after it ,that tipped it in the SNP`s favour many Scots felt he had gone back on his word

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 11:54 am

That's true as well KD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 11:55 am

risingsun wrote:Why would it have alienated voters?  Because they have been manipulated to be scared of the SNP and to believe that everyone north of the border is somehow not allowed as much of a say as someone south of the border?    How about if they said the same thing about Cornwall, which has wanted to be independent on and off for years, and who Cameron gave special status.  How about the Isle of Wight?

2/3rd of the country didn't vote for Cameron.  The Left should work together, the Tories rely on them voting against each other.  I would love to see them all getting together.

BTW, huge majority of Labour voters in England thought Ed was wrong and we should have worked with the SNP, we both wanted the same things, apart from Trident, and I'm with her and the Lib Dems on that, we would never deploy it and the money would make a huge difference to doing what we need to do to get the country moving again.

Many voters in England would not like any party doing a deal with the SNP because the SNP cannot ever represent them. The SNP are concerned with Scotland, and only Scotland. Of course some Labour supporters will say now that they should have worked together - because Labour lost.

You call the SNP left wing, but they seem to object to Scottish people paying more in tax than the people in the rest of the UK. That's not very left wing is it? I thought lefties thought that those who can afford it should pay more in tax.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 11:55 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

partly that is true but i think it was more to do with what cameron said before the no vote then what he said after it ,that tipped it in the SNP`s favour many Scots felt he had gone back on his word

Which bit?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 3:32 pm

risingsun wrote: I think the interesting thing north of the border is the way in which attitudes towards Trident and attitudes towards the constitutional question seemed to have become much more clearly aligned and are, therefore - to some degree at least - reflected in the way some people vote.

If you go back to the Guardian poll, for example, quite astonishingly, it finds that 77% of those people who say they are going to vote for the SNP are opposed to Trident, whereas in contrast only 22% of those willing to vote Labour are opposed to Trident.

That shows Labour having a vote in Scotland that is more in favour of keeping at least some kind of nuclear weapons facility than are opposed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-30897643
Do you live north of the border to know so much about how the people of scotlandlandshire think?

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
risingsun wrote:Of course it was, there was an election and the LP did not go far enough left for voters in Scotland, who have a passion for getting rid of Trident.

I don't think so. I think it was because of the personality of Nicola Sturgeon. I also think it was because of the vote for independence. Those who didn't vote yes started to think about it more, and decided that they wanted to be more nationalistic.
it may be more to do with being disgusted with labours policies and mismanagement. this of course may well play a blinder for cameron if he gives them the ability to raise their own taxes and spend them as they like. the SNP would then not be able to claim it was all the fault of the tories as they ahve for some years whilst holding back vast sums from the block budget given to them
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 3:36 pm

risingsun wrote:We were getting reports from people knocking on the doors in Scotland, and they were all saying that voters were reporting that they were going to vote SNP because the SNP were doing what they wanted the Labour Party to do and most of all, they wanted rid of Trident and austerity.  From my personal point of view, i think the two parties should have worked together, too late now though.
when you say WE is that the royal we, or were you personally knocking on doors in scotlandlandshire?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 3:38 pm

risingsun wrote:Why would it have alienated voters?  Because they have been manipulated to be scared of the SNP and to believe that everyone north of the border is somehow not allowed as much of a say as someone south of the border?    How about if they said the same thing about Cornwall, which has wanted to be independent on and off for years, and who Cameron gave special status.  How about the Isle of Wight?

while 62% of the country did not vote for the tories, 69% did not vote for the labour party and 95% did not vote for the SNP.

it is not a very sensible argument to make now is it.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Many voters in England would not like any party doing a deal with the SNP because the SNP cannot ever represent them. The SNP are concerned with Scotland, and only Scotland. Of course some Labour supporters will say now that they should have worked together - because Labour lost.

You call the SNP left wing, but they seem to object to Scottish people paying more in tax than the people in the rest of the UK. That's not very left wing is it? I thought lefties thought that those who can afford it should pay more in tax.
well lets not forget the SNP have worked very well with the tories in the scottish parliament.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed May 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Is it true that if the Scots break away from the UK 8000 Scots will lose their jobs if the Submarine base is closed.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 5:43 pm

nicko wrote:Is it true that if the Scots break away from the UK 8000 Scots will lose their jobs if the Submarine base is closed.
that is irrelevant of course in the eyes of the left, and may well have a knock on effect in service industry's

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 13, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Of course the government would deploy Trident if it had to.What made you such a daft thing as that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed May 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Shady wrote:

Of course the government would deploy Trident if it had to.What made you such a daft thing as that?
correct me if I am wrong but at least one of the trident submarines is deployed 24/7/365 and ready to unleash hell when commanded to or when it loses contact with the UK.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 14, 2015 1:16 am

I lost one LW MP only to be replaced by another LW MP. He's big lad from the mining village of Loanhead and a decent sort.

Who represents you Flap?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down