NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prickly heat.

3 posters

Go down

Prickly heat. Empty Prickly heat.

Post by Syl Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Has anyone ever suffered with it?
I am olive skinned and tan easily with no problems, but......3 days ago I started itching and have now got what must be prickly heat on my neck and chest.

I have heard of people moaning about this and thought its just a minor itch.....its not, its bloody horrible, and i have hardly slept for 3 nights. Prickly heat. 2396444674
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Prickly heat. Empty Re: Prickly heat.

Post by magica Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:22 pm

It's too much sun Syl. I'm fair and I get it if out without cream on me. It's only mild for me but for some its effects can be worse.

Put chalomine Lotion on it Syl, it really helps.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi Mags, hope you enjoyed your holiday x

I think its because I put some factor 30 on the other day, we were on the beach and kayaking for the afternoon and it was 32c, so I put a higher factor on than usual  and Im sure thats what caused it.

I have cream and tablets from the chemist now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Aloe vera is really good on the skin

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Syl wrote:Hi Mags, hope you enjoyed your holiday x

I think its because I put some factor 30 on the other day, we were on the beach and kayaking for the afternoon and it was 32c, so I put a higher factor on than usual  and Im sure thats what caused it.

I have cream and tablets from the chemist now.

Hi Syl, had a great time thanks x.

Antihistamines can help too. Hope you're not scratching for much longer.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:53 am

I never sit out in the sun. I tan easily too but I don’t much like being brown.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am

I got a slight tan, first time. That's only because it was windy and the sun didn't bother me too much.

I wear factor 50 on my face, neck and shoulders and 30 on my arms and legs. Stops me burning, even in the shade.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:05 pm

gelico wrote:

Aloe vera is really good on the skin
Thanks Gel, I will try that if the antihistamine cream and tablets dont work....it has eased a bit though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 pm

eddie Reilly wrote:I never sit out in the sun. I tan easily too but I don’t much like being brown.
I hate being pale. In winter olive skin tones can look drab.....thats how i think anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm

magica wrote:I got a slight tan, first time. That's only because it was windy and the sun didn't bother me too much.

I wear factor 50 on my face, neck and shoulders and 30 on my arms and legs. Stops me burning, even in the shade.
Blimey....I didnt even know they did factor 50. 
You are a typical English rose though Mags.....very fair, so you need the protection.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I got a slight tan, first time. That's only because it was windy and the sun didn't bother me too much.

You are a typical English rose though Mags.....very fair, so you need the protection.

Yes its for children and if its good enough for their pure skin, its good enough for mine haha.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:26 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes its for children and if its good enough for their pure skin, its good enough for mine haha.
I wont ask where you put nappy rash cream. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

I wont ask where you put nappy rash cream. Razz

Damn you said you wouldn't mention that! Prickly heat. 3201073460
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie Reilly wrote:I never sit out in the sun. I tan easily too but I don’t much like being brown.
I hate being pale. In winter olive skin tones can look drab.....thats how i think anyway.

I guess it’s what you’re used to seeing, you know? I have a friend who’s pale-skinned and she uses sunbeds all winter and sits out in the sun all summer. She detests what she looks like without a tan.

Personally, and I’m not saying this about you, but I think brown tanned skin makes some people look incredibly aged.

As an aside, my dad was always incredibly dark-skinned and when he died and was in his casket, (I didn’t want to see him as dead bodies aren’t “people” to me, but my mum told me this), he looked so white that it didn’t look like him at all.
Weird.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 pm

eddie Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

I guess it’s what you’re used to seeing, you know? I have a friend who’s pale-skinned and she uses sunbeds all winter and sits out in the sun all summer. She detests what she looks like without a tan.  

Personally, and I’m not saying this about you, but I think brown tanned skin makes some people look incredibly aged.

As an aside, my dad was always incredibly dark-skinned and when he died and was in his casket, (I didn’t want to see him as dead bodies aren’t “people” to me, but my mum told me this), he looked so white that it didn’t look like him at all.
Weird.
Yeah it's personal preference, and untanned skin is healthier skin,  but i like a natural tan for me.
I would never use a sunbed...its the sun or nothing, but tbh I am never pale skinned even in winter.
Odd about your dad.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down