NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa

5 posters

Go down

Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa Empty Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 am

A mother has hit out at her child’s school after being told it will cost almost £2,000 to send her on a trip to South Africa.

Louise Worrell, 32, said she is unable to afford the £1,850 fee quoted by Woodcote High School and will have to let her excited 13-year-old daughter Nevaeh down by telling her she can’t go to Cape Town.

It comes as research by union the National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers shows parents are coming under more pressure from staff to splash out on school trips to exotic locations.

And single mother Ms Worrell, of Croydon, south London, branded the school’s plan for next Easter ‘ridiculous’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5908197/Single-mother-32-asked-pay-1-850-school-trip.html

Back to top Go down

Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa Empty Re: Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa

Post by nicko Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:41 am

They have to cover the costs of these freebees for the Teaches !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa Empty Re: Single mother, 32, is aghast after being asked to pay £1,850 for her 13-year-old daughter's school trip to South Africa

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am

Its ridiculous.

The money some of these school trips cost could pay for a family summer holiday....if I was a struggling parent I know where I would rather spend my hard earned cash.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:57 pm

its a load of bollox....

when I was a kid I wanted to go on one of the schools "exchange trips" ..... we couldnt afford it so I DIDNT GO....its really that simple

the kid isnt "entitled" to a trip to SA her "single mother" isnt "entitled" to having it paid for her.....

IF YOU CANT F**KIN afford it you dont go...simples......

Like these bloody "entitled" twats that "demand" that they have a foreign holiday every year...even if they are on benefits of some sort....NO its NOT a "human right". If you cant afford lanzarote then fk off on a few day trips to skeggy.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:52 pm

I had to find about £600 to send my son on a school trip (three days) to Bruges a couple of years ago.
It was classed as an historical lesson - a school trip to learn - and I couldn’t afford it as a single parent. Luckily enough, his father paid and I paid my half in instalments to him because I like to pay my way.
But not everyone is lucky enough to have an ex who’s involved and willing to help (and who earns enough.)

The story in the OP seems a bit odd. Can’t she pay the school in instalments?

And I kind of agree with Vic; if she can’t afford it then the answer to her child, is no.
That’s pretty much what I told my son.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

No dough... no go...!

Simple!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down