NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die Empty 13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Algeria has denied mistreating migrants amid claims it has abandoned more than 13,000 in the Sahara Desert over the past 14 months - including pregnant women and children. The country has been accused of expelling the migrants without food or water and forcing them to walk, sometimes at gunpoint, under a blistering sun before being left to die.

Pictures show migrants coming over the horizon by the hundreds under temperatures of up to 48C. Officials from the International Organisation for Migration have warned of a looming 'catastrophe'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5881959/Catastrophe-warning-Algeria-abandons-13-000-migrants-Sahara.html

Back to top Go down

13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die Empty Re: 13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:57 pm

The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!

The continent of Africa is absolutely huge... made up of 55 countries and vast majority recognised as being 'safe countries'...

Africa is so large... you could fit the whole of EU into it about 10 times!!!

There is no reason why the African migrants cannot find safe places to go within their own continent...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die Empty Re: 13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:10 pm

"...Africa is bigger than USA, China, India, Japan, and all of Europe... combined!"

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm

What does any of the above have to do, with then Algeria, then sending many to their deaths, without food and water?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm

What does any of the above have to do, with then Algeria, then sending many to their deaths, without food and water at gunpoint?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:40 pm

I'll repeat my first point again for you didge...

"The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!"

Also... Algeria have denied the claim against them...!

These African 'migrants' have a vast continent of 55 countries to go to if they are genuinely seeking a safe place to flee to...!

The truth is... they are full of shite!!!

Trying to blag their way into Europe for their own personal financial benefit!!!

They should all be shipped back to somewhere in Africa, to reception centres that the African Union should be forced to set up and deal with them at...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I'll repeat my first point again for you didge...

"The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!"

Also... Algeria have denied the claim against them...!

These African 'migrants' have a vast continent of 55 countries to go to if they are genuinely seeking a safe place to flee to...!

The truth is... they are full of shite!!!

Trying to blag their way into Europe for their own personal financial benefit!!!

They should all be shipped back to somewhere in Africa, to reception centres that the African Union should be forced to set up and deal with them at...!!!

I am well aware of your views

So again

What does any of the above have to do. With then Algeria, then sending many to their deaths, without food and water at gunpoint?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Algeria have denied the claim against them...!

And... The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Are these people trying to get to Europe Muslims? or persecuted minorities in Islamic African countries in the South?

Algeria is 99% Muslim so I could understand them sending non Muslims back to the desert but not their brethren surely

,,,,,,that's if it's true

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Algeria have denied the claim against them...!

And... The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!

The evidence suggest otherwise

Okay, lets for your sake, imagine it is true.

Do you think its right or wrong for a country, to turn people at gunpoint, into a desert where many are dying. As they have not been given food or water?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Algeria have denied the claim against them.

The African Union needs to take control of and responsibility of these African people...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

And you complain when Andy runs away from questions

Irony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 pm

I'm not running anywhere...

Sub saharan Africans have to go a long way north across the sahara to get anywhere near Algeria...

And most of the south of Algeria is also in the sahara...

So the only people responsible for any sub saharan africans being in the sahara... are themselves...!!!

Surely if any of these people were genuinely seeking a safe place to go... they would have just stayed in the safety of their own countries... would have just gone a few miles away from any trouble... gone to another district/region of their own vast sized country... or gone to a neighbouring country...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Still running away from the question, where al the main media is reporting this.

You view is to believe the Algerian Governemnt, based on their hearsay

All can see you are running away from a very simplke question, which I even offered up. Based on if this was true.

So no worries Tomandy

Oh the irony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:14 am

Tell me how these sub saharan africans ended up in the middle of the sahara...!?

Did they take a wrong turning on their way to the local shop...???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Tell me how these sub saharan africans ended up in the middle of the sahara...!?

Oh so you now believe they were turned away and at gunpoint into the desert

I wish you would make your mind up

So do you think it was wrong to force them into the desert at gunpoint without food or water?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

So do you think it was wrong to force them into the desert at gunpoint without food or water?

I think that goes without saying doesn't it?

I'm interested in who these people are?, where have they come from?, why have they left their hoemelands? and why would the ALgerian government do this? It seems to make no sense at all,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No... I asked you how these sub saharan africans came to be in the middle of the sahara...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:

No... I asked you how these sub saharan africans came to be in the middle of the sahara...?

You need to answer my question first boy

So stop running away and answer

Its that simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The African Union is a policy-making body that meets only twice a year. It has some operational arms, but primarily peacekeeping...having been deployed in Sudan, Dufar, and Somalia.

I agree intervention is warranted in this case. But the AU is ill-prepared to function in this way. It should be an organization with more immediate operational readiness, as this is a tragedy in the here and now. Perhaps a response by the UN?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Didge... I have already answered... It is a spurious claim and Algeria have denied it too...

Try looking on a map... then answer my question...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Didge... I have already answered... It is a spurious claim and Algeria have denied it too...

Try looking on a map... then answer my question...?

You are full of shit and running away

If you cannot engage in debate and continually run away, then you have no call to cast any such claim on Andy

Now have the last word, but its very clear you are an utter hypocrite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

The African Union is a policy-making body that meets only twice a year.  It has some operational arms, but primarily peacekeeping...having been deployed in Sudan, Dufar, and Somalia.

I agree intervention is warranted in this case.  But the AU is ill-prepared to function in this way.  It should be an organization with more immediate operational readiness, as this is a tragedy in the here and now.  Perhaps a response by the UN?

The problem is that there are too many 3rd world Africans thinking that if they are able to make their way across to Europe and then shout "asylum" and give some bullshit story etc... then they will be rewarded with nice free 1st world living accommodation and be given loads of free money to enjoy...!!!

And that is exactly what they ARE given!!!

And then they are immediately on the phone to their friends/families back in their home countries telling them all how much they are having it off and how great it all is... and then even more start coming to get some for themselves!!!

Anyone who can't see this must be dead from the neck up!!!

The only way to put a stop to this madness is to force the African Union (AU) or the UN to set up reception centres at places along the north/northwest coast of Africa, and start shipping them all straight there to be processed and dealt with...!!!

And that includes all the ones who have turned up illegally over the last few years too!!!

Because at the moment, without any change of action, there will just be more and more keep on coming...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The African Union is a policy-making body that meets only twice a year.  It has some operational arms, but primarily peacekeeping...having been deployed in Sudan, Dufar, and Somalia.

I agree intervention is warranted in this case.  But the AU is ill-prepared to function in this way.  It should be an organization with more immediate operational readiness, as this is a tragedy in the here and now.  Perhaps a response by the UN?

The problem is that there are too many 3rd world Africans thinking that if they are able to make their way across to Europe and then shout "asylum" and give some bullshit story etc... then they will be rewarded with nice free 1st world living accommodation and be given loads of free money to enjoy...!!!

And then they are immediately on the phone to their friends/families back in their home countries telling them all how much they are having it off and how great it all is... and then even more start coming to get some for themselves!!!

The only way to put a stop to this madness is to force the African Union (AU) or the UN to set up reception centres at places along the north/northwest coast of Africa, and start shipping them all straight there to be processed and dealt with...!!!

And that includes all the ones who have turned up illegally over the last few years too!!!

Because at the moment, without any change of action, there will just be more and more keep on coming...!!!

not to Italy they won't. They have refused another boat load

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Evening Gelico...

Nice to 'see' you...!

I do read your posts, not ignoring you... just not always got time to reply to everyone individually...

But yes... Italy has had enough and is doing their bit in stoppng the madness...!

Now all the rest of southern EU Countries need to do the same, and the AU must be forced to set up reception centres along the coast of Africa to take them in and deal with them...!!!

It is the only way to end the madness that has already been allowed to go on for far too long!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The problem is that there are too many 3rd world Africans thinking that if they are able to make their way across to Europe and then shout "asylum" and give some bullshit story etc... then they will be rewarded with nice free 1st world living accommodation and be given loads of free money to enjoy...!!!

Ah, so it’s the only ‘we-they’ thing, eh? You wouldn’t mind if a few Swedes or Canadians mingled with your sort, but not those guys from ‘shithole’ countries. So, you are a racist.

Tommy Monk wrote:And then they are immediately on the phone to their friends/families back in their home countries telling them all how much they are having it off and how great it all is... and then even more start coming to get some for themselves!!!

In the south we used to say: “Them niggahs, they surr can be bothersome.” And, “ya know, they come beggin’ and all”.

Take a look tommy, how many times did you say ‘they’? Why don't you just say 'ya don't like niggahs'.

Tommy Monk wrote:The only way to put a stop to this madness is to force the African Union (AU) or the UN to set up reception centres at places along the north/northwest coast of Africa, and start shipping them all straight there to be processed and dealt with...!!!

Keep them damn niggahs in they’s own neigh-ba-hood, right tommy? Just say it...y'all c'ain't hide it.

Tommy Monk wrote:Because at the moment, without any change of action, there will just be more and more keep on coming...!!!

And we don’t want that because…why tommy?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm

Quil... if you want to discuss my points in a sensible adult way with me... then stop twisting and stop projecting your nonsense onto what I say...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Quil... if you want to discuss my points in a sensible adult way with me... then stop twisting and stop projecting your nonsense onto what I say...!!!

did you really expect him to do that?

that's cute

13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 pm

I can hope Geli... but I don't really expect it from the idiot...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Maybe quill can tell us how many Africans were allowed immigration to the US since 1965...!?

I'll help him...

"...Between the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and 2007, an estimated total of 0.8 to 0.9 million Africans immigrated to the United States, accounting for roughly 3.3% of all total U.S. immigrants during this period..."

So only 800,000 to 900,000 over a 40 year period...!?

That is an average of around 20,000 a year!!!

And I must add that the US was highly selective about the credentials of this relatively small yearly number allowed entry too...!!!

But he thinks small mediterranean countries such as Italy should take hundreds of thousands of unselected, unskilled and unwanted 3rd world illegal immigrants from sub saharan Africa EVERY YEAR...!!!???

And whoever opposes this is a "RACIST"...!!!???

What a complete twat!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It's fairly straight forward, tommy.  You don't like people of color, and you don't like the mixing of races.  You're a prototypical, unreconstructed racist.

There's nothing insensitive about that conclusion, nor are we not adults.  What's to discuss?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:"...Between the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and 2007, an estimated total of 0.8 to 0.9 million Africans immigrated to the United States, accounting for roughly 3.3% of all total U.S. immigrants during this period..."

So only 800,000 to 900,000 over a 40 year period...!?

That is an average of around 20,000 a year!!!

And I must add that the US was highly selective about the credentials of this relatively small yearly number allowed entry too...!!!

Yes, those certainly piss-poor numbers for a great country like the US.  We should work to increase them, don't you think?

Tommy Monk wrote:But he thinks small mediterranean countries such as Italy should take hundreds of thousands of unselected, unskilled and unwanted 3rd world illegal immigrants from sub saharan Africa EVERY YEAR...!!!???

Well, we certainly don't want to go in the opposite direction when it comes to African immigration, do we?  We should work to improve the numbers for both the US and Italy.

Thanks for widening the remedy to include all nations. You'd make a good liberal. Wanna join? 13,000 migrants 'abandoned in the Sahara' by Algeria: African nation is accused of forcing huge numbers into the desert at gunpoint without food or water and leaving them to die 2984306523

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am

What a Face

Tommy the commie !!!

Who'd have thunk it..

Here's one suggestion for Comrade Tommy's next avvie :

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=soviet+union+flag&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJ_K2Sw_PbAhXIxrwKHcU7AAIQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=p1CTLlBIrxLKJM:
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Tommy has disappearted.

And with good reason, methinks. He was giving one of those 'you-too' arguments, which are not arguments really, but retorts.

I love to respond to those...Oh really? Well lets clean up both wrongs.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Same old bollocks from quill...!

The hypocrisy is exposed yet again... and all he can do is waffle and shout "racist"...!

When you have hundreds of thousands of 3rd world unskilled African illegal immigrants turning up in your town every year then get back to me telling me how great it is... until then... stop trying to tell other countries that they must welcome it, or they are racists if they don't want it...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:47 am

And just seen quill complaining about another poster on another thread with this accusation...

'...you are easy language manipulator, twisting words and recasting arguments...'

lol!

But quill has been happily doing that to me on this thread...!!!

HYPOCRITICAL TWAT!!!

And I never run away or disappear... I have a full time job... I'm up at 6.30am and don't get home until at least 6.00pm UK time... and don't flatter yourself about any other times I'm not posting either... cos believe me... there are 101 crappy things I can find to do that are much more interesting and rewarding than replying to the bullshit posted by quill...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:And just seen quill complaining about another poster on another thread with this accusation...

'...you are easy language manipulator, twisting words and recasting arguments...'

lol!

But quill has been happily doing that to me on this thread...!!!

HYPOCRITICAL TWAT!!!

And I never run away or disappear... I have a full time job... I'm up at 6.30am and don't get home until at least 6.00pm UK time... and don't flatter yourself about any other times I'm not posting either... cos believe me... there are 101 crappy things I can find to do that are much more interesting and rewarding than replying to the bullshit posted by quill...!!!

You still can't explain your racism re: Africans.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's probably what they're being fed. As with most migrants, someone will be pocketing the money to get them where they want to be.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

There's probably more to the story than is being revealed by our media.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

There's probably more to the story than is being revealed by our  media.  

I'm sure that will come out. Right now, it's not important.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 pm

HT...

"...they will be rewarded with nice free 1st world living accommodation and be given loads of free money to enjoy...!!!"

They ARE given places to live and free money!!!

Which is EXACTLY why they are coming!!!

And my point about the sahara is simple... THEY HAVE COME FROM COUNTRIES SOUTH OF THE SAHARA... AND HAVE THEMSELVES CHOSEN TO ENTER THE SAHARA AND HEAD NORTH TO TRY TO GET ACROSS IT...!!!

NOBODY FORCED THEM INTO THE SAHARA!!!

LOOK ON THE MAP AT WHERE ALGERIA IS!

HOW CAN ALGERIA FORCE SUB SAHARAN AFRICANS INTO THE DESERT WHEN THESE PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN THE DESERT FOR DAYS BY THEIR OWN CHOICE...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Pregnant Women, Children, Asylum Seekers Among Thousand Expelled to Desert

(Beirut) – Algeria has deported thousands of men, women, and children since January 2018 to Niger and Mali in inhumane conditions, and in many cases without considering their legal status in Algeria or their individual vulnerabilities, Human Rights Watch said.

Human Rights Watch in April and May interviewed 30 sub-Saharan migrants of various nationalities who said that the Algerian authorities had raided areas where migrants are known to live, arresting them on the streets or on construction sites, and expelled them en masse at the border with Niger or Mali, in most instances with no food and little water. They described being forced to march dozens of kilometers in the desert, in high temperatures, before reaching towns where they found assistance or private transportation.

“Algeria has the power to control its borders, but that doesn’t mean it can round up people based on the color of their skin and dump them in the desert, regardless of their legal status and without a shred of due process,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch.

All the migrants interviewed said that they were rounded up with dozens and sometimes hundreds of other sub-Saharan migrants, on the streets, during nighttime raids in neighborhoods where migrants are concentrated, or at their work places. They said that in most cases the police or gendarmerie agents did not ask to verify their documents.

Some who said they had a valid visa or a certificate from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) stating that the agency is reviewing their claim for refugee status tried in vain to convince the security forces that they were in Algeria legally. One migrant said, “They told us: ‘You are all illegal here; you have no right to be in Algeria.’”

Those interviewed said that Algerian police beat migrants, denied their requests to take their money and possessions with them, and on several occasions stole their phones and other possessions. The summary expulsions also separated families.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/28/algeria-inhumane-treatment-migrants

Bang goes Tommy's theory out the window

In other words, many have been there for sometime working on Visa's, and as refugees ect

Some have been there years and married to Algerian women

Hence they clearly got their by normal means of transport, plane, train, car etc.

They clearly did not walk through the desert to get there, or they would know how to get back, doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm

“Algeria has the power to control its borders, but that doesn’t mean it can round up people based on the color of their skin and dump them in the desert, regardless of their legal status and without a shred of due process,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch.

Well, Tommy - didge has now put up an article explaining how they got there ''did they get lost on the way to the shop'' lol

we now have some more facts

We know that at least some of these people - if not many - were there completely legitimately on visas, on business, working, etc so they didn't all just rock up there expecting freebies. They weren't committing any crimes that we know about and indeed some were married with familes.

Now while I agree with the fact that they do have a right to protect their borders, surely you must agree that there is a more humane way. At the very least, as the woman above said, there has to be due process. This sounds monstrous to me.

They had insufficient food and water. They had to walk for miles in scorching weather. They were beaten. They were not allowed to take any possessions

surely you agree that this is completely inhumane ,,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm

It sounds like how the nazis treated the jews except they would have just been marched a few miles into the desert and shot,,,,,but the rest of the way they were treated sounds about the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Facts...!?

Hardly...

Just the source of the original spurious claim... still no evidence... not 'fact' at all...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:36 am

And for the idiots...

80% of Algeria IS ALREADY IN THE SAHARA DESERT!!!

HOW CAN SOMEBODY ALREADY IN THE SAHARA DESERT, THEN BE FORCED INTO THE SAHARA DESERT...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:12 am

gelico wrote:

Well, Tommy - didge has now put up an article explaining how they got there ''did they get lost on the way to the shop'' lol

we now have some more facts

We know that at least some of these people - if not many - were there completely legitimately on visas, on business, working, etc so they didn't all just rock up there expecting freebies.  They weren't committing any crimes that we know about and indeed some were married with familes.

Now while I agree with the fact that they do have a right to protect their borders, surely you must agree that there is a more humane way. At the very least, as the woman above said, there has to be due process. This sounds monstrous to me.

They had insufficient food and water.  They had to walk for miles in scorching weather.  They were beaten.  They were not allowed to take any possessions

surely you agree that this is completely inhumane ,,,,,

+1

Great post Gelico

Oh dear, it seems now Tommy is claiming a mass of independent people are making this all up, even people seperated from their wivies and children in Algeria.

To then go on about percentages of desert?

WTF?

So now he thinks people live daily without their possessions, money food and water etc. Even in the cities, which are normally where there is water and arable land. I think you will find they have at least food and water.

Hail Tommy, for Taking over Quill's crown this weak for being so ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:44 am

ALGIERS – A report by the Associated Press alleging that Algerian authorities have "abandoned" more than 13,000 people in the Sahara desert has brought fresh scrutiny on the North African country's treatment of migrant travellers.

The American news agency report, which was published on Monday, collected over a dozen testimonies in Niger and also cited a survey conducted by the United Nations' International Organisation for Migration (IOM), which had interviewed thousands of migrants from sub-Saharan Africa who had left Algeria.

It said that those abandoned had included pregnant women and children and that some of them had been threatened at gunpoint to walk through the desert without food or water.

The report also came just a few weeks after Reuters exposed in late May incidents of slavery and torture committed by people smugglers working on migration routes in southern Algeria.

Concerns about mass deportations, “ethnic profiling” and suspicions of abuse have been raised by NGOs and, more recently, by the UN, which has denounced Algeria’s hardened stance on migration policies over the past few months.

28,000 expulsions
Officially, Algiers has acknowledged having deported nearly 10,000 undocumented migrants to their native countries since 2016.

Sayid Salhi of the Algerian League for Human Rights (LADDH) spoke to Middle East Eye about what he called "an increase in expulsions in recent months". He estimates that some "28,000 migrants on the Niger border have already been deported".

Alhoussan Adouwal, who works for the IOM in Assamaka, a town in Niger on the Algerian border, concurred.

"I have never seen deportations like the ones I am currently witnessing. They are arriving by the thousands," he said.

Algerian authorities insist that the expulsions are being carried out "in cooperation with the governments of the countries in question", but a petition signed by several Algerian NGOs in late May challenged the state’s official position.

"No readmission agreements or requests for the possible return of nationals have been communicated by the governments of these countries," the petition read. "More than 1,500 migrants have been deported in recent weeks in operations marked by abuse and in direct violation of international human rights law.

'It would make more sense to point the finger at the people responsible for all the tragedies suffered by the African migrants'

"Only Niger has been reached out to since 2014 regarding the return of its nationals, the majority of whom are women and children, in the context of an obscure agreement with the Algerian government."

In October, Amnesty International's Algerian office claimed that arrests "were based on ethnic profiling, since the police and constables were not checking passports or other official documents to establish whether the migrants were residing legally in Algeria or not.

"Among the migrants arrested and deported, some were undocumented, whereas others had valid visas."

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/algeria-dodges-accusations-after-migrants-abandoned-sahara-1042882803

This is blatant ethnic cleansing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Deporting illegal immigrants is deporting illegal immigrants...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Deporting illegal immigrants is deporting illegal immigrants...

It seems many of them were there legally though Tommy

So again, and how heartless are you?

Do you think, the UK Governement, should send people out in a row boat into the atlantic with no food and water, they do not want to be here?

Do you think that is fair?

I mean shall we adopt the Quill approach, that any person supporting Brexit, should be cast out into the English Channel. In nothing more than a rowboat and no supplies.

Do you really think that is the humanitarian thing to do?

Gelico and Quill is right here

Its appalling and you are nothing more than racist

As how can anyone claim to be human, by then arguing against people having food and water?

So lets put this to the test

Would you give food and water to those in need Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next