NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication

+3
nicko
veya_victaous
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication Empty British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:31 am

A 77-year-old British great-grandmother, Fran Davies, may be be deported
Her final appeal for her permanent visa was rejected by Australian Government
She receives medical treatment for a blood disorder and rheumatoid arthritis
The Federal Government pays $1,000 a month for her injection treatment
The government says taxpayers should not pay for her medical expenses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5819185/A-77-year-old-British-great-grandmother-faces-deportation.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication Empty Re: British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

well fair enough, the Uk doesn't want to Pay for foreigners NHS bills either Suspect

Not that I like him but Sith lord, I mean Minster Dutton is exactly what the Brexit people wish they could vote for 

British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication 60f
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication Empty Re: British great-grandmother, 77, who moved to Australia to be with her children faces deportation after the government rules taxpayers shouldn't fund her $1,000-a-month arthritis medication

Post by nicko Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

We pay for Aussie's who need treatment while they are in the UK, tight bastards !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 pm

nicko wrote:We pay for Aussie's who need treatment while they are in the UK,    tight bastards  !

So, why don't you Brits pay for your own citizens when they are elsewhere? I'll bet your government collects taxes regardless, eh?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Smile

The main problem for this granny is that she wants to remain a British citizen, while living out here as a cheap babysitter for her grandkids...

If she had decided to become an Aussie citizen a decade or so ago, she would have found herself in a better position today..

As for Aussies in England, it has become increasing more difficult for Aussies, Canadians and Kiwis to even visit, let alone reside in Britain, over recent years.

Just within the last 10 or 15 years, I have personally known of a couple of people who were turned back from simply visiting on a tourist visa, because the immigration/customs people didn't like the looks of some paperwork -- and yet British and Irish crim's, scamsters and sleazebags (the #1 sub_group of "illegal immigrants" over here..) are still flying into Oz every day..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:05 pm

If she wants to remain a British citizen and live in Australia then her family should pick up the tab, put her on their insurance if possible. The British government is paying a certain amount, she receives her pension and uses that for some of her other medication.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Vintage wrote:If she wants to remain a British citizen and live in Australia then her family should pick up the tab, put her on their insurance if possible. The British government is paying a certain amount, she receives her pension and uses that for some of her other medication.

Should she stop paying taxes? Or perhaps you didn't know she still has to file British income tax returns and pay (for income earned in Oz) each year. It seems to me that fair is fair: if they won't pay her healthcare, she shouldn't have the tax burden.

It's not a matter of a family picking up where a government left off. Both Oz and the UK have a national health obligation. Wherever she is a citizen, that's where the obligation should fall. I repeat: if you're gonna make her pay, then she deserves the benefits.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

The main problem for this granny is that she wants to remain a British citizen, while living out here as a cheap babysitter for her grandkids...

If she had decided to become an Aussie citizen a decade or so ago, she would have found herself in a better position today..

As for Aussies in England, it has become increasing more difficult for Aussies, Canadians and Kiwis to even visit, let alone reside in Britain, over recent years.

Just within the last 10 or 15 years, I have personally known of a couple of people who were turned back from simply visiting on a tourist visa, because the immigration/customs people didn't like the looks of some paperwork --  and yet British and Irish crim's, scamsters and sleazebags (the #1 sub_group of "illegal immigrants" over here..) are still flying into Oz every day..

I find myself agreeing with you there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:We pay for Aussie's who need treatment while they are in the UK,    tight bastards  !

So, why don't you Brits pay for your own citizens when they are elsewhere?  I'll bet your government collects taxes regardless, eh?

We're too busy subsidising Scotland and Wales.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

Just within the last 10 or 15 years, I have personally known of a couple of people who were turned back from simply visiting on a tourist visa, because the immigration/customs people didn't like the looks of some paperwork --  and yet British and Irish crim's, scamsters and sleazebags (the #1 sub_group of "illegal immigrants" over here..) are still flying into Oz every day..

What a sad and hateful world we truely live in, then I guess mate.

What does it matter whether she becomes an Australian citizen?

Is that what really matters, when it comes to denying a family being together?

This is why the world is so fucked up

I can apply for Irish citizenship, based on the fact my mother is Irish

Do I then need to apply for this, to then stay and care for mother, if she became ill?

Seriously?

Would you then say its my fault that, if I did not apply, tough luck to my mother?

Seriously?

What a sad world we live in, where people invent boundaries to stop people being in the loving care of their families living together.

I agree on Britian how its also pathetic, and how we see the same how two people in love, can face massive hurdles, simple in order to live together, when they are in love.

Its time we took a reality check here.

As what danger did this grandmother present?

None

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So, why don't you Brits pay for your own citizens when they are elsewhere?  I'll bet your government collects taxes regardless, eh?

We're too busy subsidising Scotland and Wales.

Well that they are British, just like you and I?

Are you suggesting to segregate yourself from them, in order to attempt to solve many problems?

Seriously?

Do you not think many Scottish and Welsh people not pay their way?

I mean why not stop there on your thinking?

How about we simple divide the nation into areas, based on wealth, and those richest, are able to say fuck you to the rest?

How does that sound to you?

Should London and Kent seperate from the rest of the UK?

Hence the selfish reasoning of people, who have not learnt a damn thing taught as a child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:44 pm

The tax collected in Wales, at least, goes to Westminster they decide how much they get back, bit like the EU really, Welsh slate and coal not to mention iron and steel made English and a few Welsh owners very rich. The steam coal from South Wales sailed the Royal Navy around the world, the best steam coal anywhere, North Wales slate roofed the world, again bringing profits into British (English) coffers. Maybe if a fair share of the wealth had been returned to Wales and England paid for the water that get's pumped to them from Wales they wouldn't need subsidies.
Probably Scotland and Cornwall are in the same boat not to mention the North of England.
The new military academy virtually promised to be sited at St. Athan, after a once thriving large RAF base, supporting civilian jobs as far afield as the valleys and businesses in the area was closed
ended up going to Salisbury, always the same story. Electrification of the Paddington - Swansea
no chance and plenty of other schemes to bring actual jobs for the locals, I know parts of rural England are isolated but its hard to get anywhere around here, home by 5:30pm after changing buses and hoping you get the connection or wait 2 hours between the three buses that manage to run after that, yet the government wants to spend millions on getting trains between London and Manchester(?) 10 minutes sooner, while devastating the landscapes, villages and peoples homes, even I've heard of conferencing pity the government haven't. The inequality in these islands is getting worse all the time, with the favoured areas thriving while the rest mainly ex industrial areas who although working had to suffer awful working and living conditions to fill the treasury and are now left to die on their feet. The EU gave this area money to have a set of murals put on the exterior wall of a community centre, (which is struggling to stay open) and a couple of 'installations' in the village, they cost a considerable amount of money - it really is a big help, no work no hope of work but we've got the sculptures , whatever they are supposed to be. Adding insult to injury we've been informed the second Severn Crossing is to be named The Prince of Wales Bridge, told, and we can lump it or like it serfs that we are.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Vintage wrote:The tax collected in Wales, at least, goes to Westminster they decide how much they get back, bit like the EU really, Welsh slate and coal not to mention iron and steel made English and a few Welsh owners very rich. The steam coal from South Wales sailed the Royal Navy around the world, the best steam coal anywhere, North Wales slate roofed the world, again bringing profits into British (English) coffers. Maybe if a fair share of the wealth had been returned to Wales and England paid for the water that get's pumped to them from Wales they wouldn't need subsidies.
Probably Scotland and Cornwall are in the same boat not to mention the North of England.
The new military academy virtually promised to be sited at St. Athan, after a once thriving large RAF base, supporting civilian jobs as far afield as the valleys and businesses in the area was closed
ended up going to Salisbury, always the same story. Electrification of the Paddington - Swansea
no chance and plenty of other schemes to bring actual jobs for the locals, I know parts of rural England are isolated but its hard to get anywhere around here, home by 5:30pm after changing buses and hoping you get the connection or wait 2 hours between the three buses that manage to run after that, yet the government wants to spend millions on getting trains between London and Manchester(?) 10 minutes sooner, while devastating the landscapes, villages and peoples homes, even I've heard of conferencing pity the government haven't. The inequality in these islands is getting worse all the time, with the favoured areas thriving while the rest mainly ex industrial areas who although working had to suffer awful working and living conditions to fill the treasury and are now left to die on their feet. The EU gave this area money to have a set of murals put on the exterior wall of a community centre, (which is struggling to stay open) and a couple of 'installations' in the village, they cost a considerable amount of money - it really is a big help, no work no hope of work but we've got the sculptures , whatever they are supposed to be.

Sounds more like you are Pro EU by your arguments

Have a read back on what you have said

Is that really all what the EU has done, or are you painting a very distorted picture?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/19-things-european-funding-done-10939396

Do you see how your argument is poor and how also, it pans in to the poor argument Horatio was making also against the Scots and Welsh. How people look to blame others, on how money is then spent. In a nation, where clearly people do not see ourselves as one people, but sadly divided.

Its like i said. Shall we apply your methodolgy here and fragment the Uk further and only have elements of the Uk, become seperate nation states?

I mean after all, the people of Kent, once had a Kingdom after all?

You claim to care for the environment and go on about coal?

I mean what sort of conditions do people working in coal mines live in?

Let alone how it is a major problematic fossil fuel to the environment?

Do you want us to seriously go back to a bygone age, where many men, not only in Wales, but the rest of the Uk, were given a basic death sentence working in such an environment?

Do you really think coal was the only source of wealth for the UK, serously?

Either we are one nation, or we are what you perceive this nation to be, and clearly based on your perceived views on any given situation

Sadly, you think like many geographically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 am

How can we be one nation when its pretty obvious, many areas are practically written off when they've served their purpose. No, I don't want coal mining back but it would be nice to try and share the jobs around instead of allowing it all to go to prime areas.
The industrial areas of these islands developed and brought people into the areas from the four corners of Britain, and beyond, some of my family moved to Cornwall to Scotland back to Wales to find work, others left Wales and moved to the North of England Coal field (being blacklisted here).
People moved to these areas and generated wealth for the British government, when coal finished, the iron works, the tin mines etc were finished nothing was done, a few companies moved in with government grants stayed a while and leave again, redundant again, the people of these areas are trapped, no jobs, they can't move to where the jobs are, who will buy their houses or are the valleys to become dormitories? We can't all live in Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff etc I don't know anyone who'd consider Luton or Bradford or even just about existing in London. Why do you think in Wales and other similar areas voted to leave the EU, nothing has or is changing for the forgotten people, why be ruled from Brussels when it changes nothing, when you can be ruled from Westminster for a bit less money and hope the difference trickles down to you..

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 am

Vintage wrote:How can we be one nation when its pretty obvious, many areas are practically written off when they've served their purpose. No, I don't want coal mining back but it would be nice to try and share the jobs around instead of allowing it all to go to prime areas.
The industrial areas of these islands developed and brought people into the areas from the four corners of Britain, and beyond, some of my family moved to Cornwall to Scotland back to Wales to find work, others left Wales and moved to the North of England Coal field (being blacklisted here).
People moved to these areas and generated wealth for the British government, when coal finished, the iron works, the tin mines etc were finished nothing was done, a few companies moved in with government grants stayed a while and leave again, redundant again, the people of these areas are trapped, no jobs, they can't move to where the jobs are, who will buy their houses or are the valleys to become dormitories? We can't all live in Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff etc I don't know anyone who'd consider Luton or Bradford or even just about existing in London. Why do you think in Wales and other similar areas voted to leave the EU, nothing has or is changing for the forgotten people, why be ruled from Brussels when it changes nothing, when you can be ruled from Westminster for a bit less money and hope the difference trickles down to you..

1) Subjective based on your opinion. As what areas have been written off? Parts of Wales, that see neglect as other parts of England does? Hence a void argument. As you are only looking at this from a Welsh position and not from a British position. Hence a false argument, being as you have no idea and base this only on what you have only heard about locally in the news.

That is the reality of your argument

2) So how do you want to share the jobs around?

Magic them up?

You do realise that you have to entice buisnesses to areas. Hence the view to share around, shows you have no comprehension of what is a reality here. Many companies that provide business, are foreign. Hence they decide where best it is for them to set up. Tht has nothing to do with anyone. The same with any British buisness. They will also set up shop, which is best finnacially for them

3) The industrial areas of this country in the past, treated men and women, as near abject slave, to make money for a small elite of society.

Which, none of them would have ever gotten off the ground, without wealth plundered from around the British Empire. Maybe you need a history lesson of how people lived in the most appalling conditions in the Uk, where over 90% lived in poverty and appalling conditions. So please spare me the babble on history Vintage, because you are looking back at a bygone age, which was a nightmare and look towards this, as some form of enlightenment.

That is nothing more than a crock of shit and fails to actually understand British history, where the population of this country, the poor were exploited.

4) Generated wealth for this country, or an elite? This country, was already rich, based off the wealth exploited from the empire and then exploited the poor in this country.

So I have no idea what history you have been taught at school. As the understanding I have. Is that not only the elite in this country exploited the countries they ruled, by the vast majority of the people of this nation.

5) Well I am sorry, people do move where there is buisness and thank goodness, we have moved away from exchausting our natural reserves, but to say nothing has replaced these industries. Is nothing but a crock of shit.

Unemployment in Wales is 5%

The rest of the Uk is 4.4%

Hardly a major disparity is it?

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 am

I think we are saying the same thing maybe in different ways.
Of course I'm speaking from a Welsh point of view its where I live, I also mentioned that other parts of the country suffer the same neglect, of course the government jobs can be shared around. I think I also mentioned the working and living conditions of the majority of people in this country in years gone by. I have the stories of my own family I know how people were forced to live. I've worked with people who remember having boots donated to them in school because many had no footwear and either went in worn out footwear too small or too big or none at all. I don't need a lesson in history thank you, you however should learn some humility, you don't know it all and you aren't always right, your pseudo lecturing is pompous and boring. Try actually just talking to people for a change. This could have been an interesting subject there doesn't seem much point now.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:34 am

Vintage wrote:I think we are saying the same thing maybe in different ways.
Of course I'm speaking from a Welsh point of view its where I live, I also mentioned that other parts of the country suffer the same neglect, of course the government jobs can be shared around. I think I also mentioned the working and living conditions of the majority of people in this country in years gone by. I have the stories of my own family I know how people were forced to live. I've worked with people who remember having boots donated to them in school because many had no footwear and either went in worn out footwear too small or too big or none at all. I don't need a lesson in history thank you, you however should learn some humility, you don't know it all and you aren't always right, your pseudo lecturing is pompous and boring. Try actually just talking to people for a change. This could have been an interesting subject there doesn't seem much point now.

Sorry Vintage, sometimes you do need reminding about this countries history, in how you argue. That was evident here.

Then because I am very outspoken, you turn this again about me at the end of your reply, that is a copout.

Sorry, but if you cannot take me being blunt, then i am sorry you are so sensitive, because i will tell people if and when they are talking crap. That is who i am and I am not afraid to speak my mind.

The reality is here, you went off a bygone age, where people had a harsh reality in living and did so to benefit an elite of society. Where again most of the previous industrial revolution, did get off the ground from wealth plundered from the British Empire. That is an undeniable fact and paid in the blood. Not only from the lowest classes of the British society. Drawn to soldiering, but how this Empire, could only be sustained, by many troops drawn from the Empire itself.

So when I actually easily prove you make poor points, you then invoke excuses. As if to make excuses over how they were poor and not actually reason and counter back. As you poorly used the victim card and claim it could have been a good debate. It is a good debate and you are claiming as such to bow out defeated, when you should reason back.

Hence its always an interesting discussion, but I get the impression, you simple do not like at times being wrong. I have never claimed to know it all and being as I have changed my views, proves I certianly do listen to others, when they reason well. Lord Foul being one such person that has persuaded me with reason.

The reality is here, you went off a part of the UK, a collective in the Welsh. As if they had only ever been hard done by and then further was dishonest over how Wales has actually progressed. You were certainly dishonest over the imput of the EU finnacially to Wales. 

Its nothing like the past where many Welsh people were unemployed, when there was actual industries. Now there is real employment and you basically poorly insinuated, that the Welsh have it hard, when they are basically in he same boat as the rest of the UK.

You did as Horatio did, seek to be completely tribal. She being English, you being Welsh and its this very identity politics, that is the problem and issue. As it allows people to seek to look to others for blame.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59 am

His capacity to kill a thread is legendary. I don't come here so often now or take part in so many threads as it's just so predictable and tedious. I'm done with this thread now that he's started pontificating and lecturing. He doesn't talk to people, he talks at them.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:11 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

His capacity to kill a thread is legendary.   I don't come here so often now or take part in so many threads as it's just so predictable and tedious.   I'm done with this thread now that he's started pontificating and lecturing.   He doesn't talk to people, he talks at them.

When all else fails and people cannot use reason to counter, they do what they have done throughout this very thread

Seek to blame others

The only thing I see is two ladies unable to actually listen

At least I do listen, its why I once was catholic and am now am athiest.

Its why I was once wrong to defend islam, when being athiest i should have denounced this like all religions

You see horatio, you prove you are tribal

Frankly, all this proves is you are gutless. You cannot reason against my replies, but look to suck up to others, as you are doing now. How pathetic is that?

So my points stand. The question to ask, is why you continually let yourself down in such debates, when you apply the copout card. You continually make pathetic excuses.

Nothing destroys a thread, only you chose to be a snowflake and act outraged or offended, to then claim this is now stopping you in continuing to reply. Its a pathetic school ground tactic that has gone on for time immemoriall, when people continually fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:12 pm

I will add one point before I go

Vintage is immune from bias and influence in debate horatio, from other posters.

She has her own mind, so plase allow her to continue on this path

She is not an idiot and do not treat her as such. She knows me very well and can make up her own mind

Its why I respect her, but you sadly want to play the tribal game.

Vintage has many good things to say, but she knows I will never hold back in what I say

Have a good day people

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down