NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

transgender rights vs Muslim rights

4 posters

Go down

transgender rights vs Muslim rights Empty transgender rights vs Muslim rights

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 pm

now it's getting very interesting. Group identity politics in full swing, but who is right?

https://www.rt.com/news/427201-transgender-beauty-salon-lawsuit/

Back to top Go down

transgender rights vs Muslim rights Empty Re: transgender rights vs Muslim rights

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 pm

bearing in mind that bakers can be sued for not making a gay cake

Back to top Go down

transgender rights vs Muslim rights Empty Re: transgender rights vs Muslim rights

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 6:57 pm

not a gay cake as such but you know what i mean

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 pm

The manager of the salon has issued two contradictory statements.

“I once again reiterate and state my position of Mad Wax Windsor Inc. that all clients regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome,” he told the Windsor Star.

“However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals.”

So they either wax all genders and any in between or they don't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 pm

gelico wrote:

not a gay cake as such but you know what i mean

RT missed out a very important point, which you can find on the original article

When the manager, Jason Carruthers returned her call, the complainant alleges he advised that Mad Wax does not provide waxing services to men and that his ‘waxer’ is a Muslim woman who is not comfortable waxing male parts. Carruthers also indicated no other staffwere available to perform the request.

The complainant claims to have offered to educate the manager on his duty to accommodate, then sought waxing services elsewhere.

Carruthers, who is the president and CEO of Mad Wax Windsor Camp Inc., confirmed he has been served with the complaint and has retained legal services from Ray Colautti.

“All clients regardless of sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome,” said Carruthers. “However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals.”

The application to the HRTO says Carruthers’ “refusal to provide me with leg-waxing services because I am a Transgender woman, and their disclosing my name, gender identity and personal information to various media outlets has left me feeling threatened, exposed, with my rights violated in terms of seeking services as a woman in the Windsor-Essex community.”

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/human-rights-application-launched-against-windsor-body-waxing-business-by-transgender-woman-1.3925911

So to me, this is clearly a very conservative Muslim, that does not want to wax men. Which is really silly to employ  someone in this day and age, if there is going to be conflict with their religious beliefs. It means she would also have said no to any man wanting to be waxed.

However there is no idication this was discriminated on due to her being Transgender and the company should have provided another employee to perform the wax request. It certainly would be discrimination based around sexism/gender, that is for sure.

If they have disclosed her details online, that could be another issue, but I see no reason this was denied based on discrimination of Transgender.

The question here that is interesting, is whether you can force an individual, to touch someones leg, to carry out a waxing? Again that person should not be employed in such an industry, if that is going to cause such problems like this. As plenty of men have their hairy chests and even legs waxed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Personally waxing a strange mans arse and bollox would bring on a stress migraine, so I obviously wouldn't be suitable for the job.

Perhaps it should be made clear to staff exactly what is expected of them before the manager hires them.

Its a bit like the Muslim chemist who refused to sell condoms or morning after pills to customers...GET ANOTHER BLOODY JOB.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:Personally waxing a strange mans arse and bollox would bring on a stress migraine, so I obviously  wouldn't be suitable for the job.

Perhaps it should be made clear to staff exactly what is expected of them before the manager hires them.

Its a bit like the Muslim chemist who refused to sell condoms or morning after pills to customers...GET ANOTHER BLOODY JOB.

Why would a Muslim not sell condoms or the morning after pill???

scratch

Did you mean Catholic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Syl wrote:Personally waxing a strange mans arse and bollox would bring on a stress migraine, so I obviously  wouldn't be suitable for the job.

hahahaha, i just nearly choked on my tea

transgender rights vs Muslim rights 3489511464

anyways it wasn't an arse and bollox job it was just a leg wax

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 29, 2018 11:24 pm

As someone who has worked in a salon, it was always our right as therapists to refuse any client we were not comfortable with - Male, female or anything inbetween.

Yet more hysteria from people who want to be accepted by society for who and what they are yet are not prepared to extend that courtesy to any fucker else.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 am

Syl wrote:The manager of the salon has issued two contradictory statements.

“I once again reiterate and state my position of Mad Wax Windsor Inc. that all clients regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual orientation are welcome,” he told the Windsor Star.

“However, we also welcome staff members and respect their religious beliefs and feelings of safety and dignity in regards to the right not to perform waxing services on males or male genitals.”

they should be taken to court for the 2nd statement.
If you can't offer the services to all, then don't do business.
the only place for the concerns about magic sky giants is the insane asylum.

pretty Simple, there is no right to be a therapist (or any job).
the idea of allowing discrimination in service is rightfully being abolished
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Didge wrote:

Why would a Muslim not sell condoms or the morning after pill???

scratch

Did you mean Catholic?

No I don't mean Catholic I mean Muslim.
I think the last one worked in the chemist at Sainsbury's.

Maybe Catholics have also refused to sell condoms and morning after pills....oddly they don't make the papers. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 30, 2018 12:37 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:The manager of the salon has issued two contradictory statements.

they should be taken to court for the 2nd statement.
If you can't offer the services to all, then don't do business.
the only place for the concerns about magic sky giants is the insane asylum.  

pretty Simple, there is no right to be a therapist (or any job).
the idea of allowing discrimination in service is rightfully being abolished

I agree.
If you offer a service you must offer it for all surely.
Now I can understand if some services would be best suited to be carried out by a certain sex, so the company offering the service should make sure they hire appropriate staff to do the job.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 pm

gelico wrote:

hahahaha, i just nearly choked on my tea

transgender rights vs Muslim rights 3489511464

anyways it wasn't an arse and bollox job it was just a leg wax

lol!

Laughing
Sorry, didn't mean to make you choke Gelico. Razz

I could just about cope with giving a leg wax (to either sex) but anything higher than the thigh would be out of my capabilities.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 30, 2018 3:46 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Being born in the northeast, I remember the isolation of Italians and even Irish at the time. Common phrases: those "shanty Irish" and "dirty whops". They were considered 'unclean' people (what is this fixation racists have about skin tone?), and extended to their cultural practices.

Frank Sinatra was a frequent target, citing his greasy hair and oily skin.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 30, 2018 4:15 pm

I didn't know Sinatra had suffered racial abuse when he was younger, it certainly didn't stop millions of women falling for him, and him landing one of the most beautiful women who ever walked the planet. Smile transgender rights vs Muslim rights Ava-Gardner-ava-gardner-31196256-1280-1024
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Syl wrote:I didn't know Sinatra had suffered racial abuse when he was younger...

I didn't know that, either.  The barbs were from afar...it was more of an attitude than abuse.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down