NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum...

+4
eddie
nicko
magica
Syl
8 posters

Go down

And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... Empty And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum...

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Summer is on its way, flowers are in bloom, birds are singing, and if you are reading this you are still alive and functioning.....so celebrate that fact with a thought of what for you makes life worth living? cheers
We all know, love and family, friends and fortune, good health and a sunny disposition helps, but what little mundane (to others) things make you glad to be alive?

Driving along country roads, summer day, top down, and a favourite song comes on the radio...(listening to wind of change by the Scorpions, very loud, is the ultimate good song in the car)

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... Empty Re: And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum...

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Have you ever tried to describe the sudden feeling of euphoria that can engulf you without warning?

I know what it feels like, but I cant describe it, can you?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... Empty Re: And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum...

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 pm

No one cares to talk about nice things. Sad

Well I have just planted some gorgeous summer colour, had a lovely tea out beside a babbling brook, and eaten the most scrumptiously fattening chocolate cake.....so you can all sod off and stay miserable. And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... 3201073460
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Lol. Yes my garden has sprung into life.

I've been sleeping all day in bed, not well, but I do appreciate nature, and all the nicest things in life. Wish I had chocolate cake, yum.

Enjoy your day hun xx
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Went Fishing this Morning Syl, 5.30 sun just rising, mist on the Water, Birds singing, feels like your the only man in the World.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 4:57 pm

magica wrote:Lol. Yes my garden has sprung into life.

I've been sleeping all day in bed, not well, but I do appreciate nature, and all the nicest things in life. Wish I had chocolate cake, yum.

Enjoy your day hun xx

Sorry you are not feeling too well Mags, but now look on the bright side....

You have had a good sleep in a cosy bed, the lack of chocolate cake means you have not filled your body with naughty fattening gunk, and if you just look out the window the spring flowers will cheer you up and make you forget your woes.....see, I bet you are glad you logged in today now. fiesta
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 pm

nicko wrote:Went Fishing this Morning Syl,  5.30 sun just rising, mist on the Water, Birds singing, feels like your the only man in the World.

That sounds idyllic Nicko, I have heard many fishermen say that's the best part of going fishing.

Did you catch anything?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu May 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Lol. Yes my garden has sprung into life.

Enjoy your day hun xx

You have had a good sleep in a cosy bed, the lack of chocolate cake means you have not filled your body with naughty fattening gunk, and if you just look out the window the spring flowers will cheer you up and make you forget your woes.....see, I bet you are glad you logged in today now. fiesta  

I'm always glad to log in here.

The suns shining, and life's good. cheers sunny
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 5:07 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm always glad to log in here.

The suns shining, and life's good. cheers sunny

My work here is done. And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu May 10, 2018 5:28 pm

And just to balance out the gloom and doom news scrolling up the right hand side of the forum... 1069003512
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Syl, a dozen Bream up to 3lb each, can't eat 'em though, put them all back, catch 'em again when they are bigger.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 pm

nicko wrote:Syl,    a dozen Bream up to 3lb each,  can't eat 'em though, put them all back, catch 'em again when they are bigger.

Sounds like you did well, and so did the fish if they were thrown back. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 10, 2018 7:48 pm

I have a pretty sunny disposition by nature and I often have those beautiful rare moments of absolute serenity.

For me, I live for moments like: my daughter cracking me up with her weirdness and her way of seeing the world...my teenage son doing little comedy skits with me and amazing me with his insight into human nature...Ben writing me a great message, or sending me a song to wake up to or just making me laugh like crazy with his madness....someone at work giving me a hug for defending them against shitty, racist treatment... a song that gives me goosebumps.... singing at the top of my voice....dancing....God, I love to dance!....All those things make my days magnificent.

I try to keep my face turned to the sun even when it’s raining problems.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Dude, my life is doom and gloom. Today was all about a car rolling over on a freeway and a man who blew his brains out at a children's playground.

Honestly, the only bright spot was taking a break and talking to edds. A lot of days are like that when you cover breaking news, but I'm really thankful I have her to get me out of the mindset that everything's bad and scary.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Dude, my life is doom and gloom. Today was all about a car rolling over on a freeway and a man who blew his brains out at a children's playground.

Honestly, the only bright spot was taking a break and talking to edds. A lot of days are like that when you cover breaking news, but I'm really thankful I have her to get me out of the mindset that everything's bad and scary.

I love you
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 12:24 am

eddie wrote:I have a pretty sunny disposition by nature and I often have those beautiful rare moments of absolute serenity.

For me, I live for moments like: my daughter cracking me up with her weirdness and her way of seeing the world...my teenage son doing little comedy skits with me and amazing me with his insight into human nature...Ben writing me a great message, or sending me a song to wake up to or just making me laugh like crazy with his madness....someone at work giving me a hug for defending them against shitty, racist treatment... a song that gives me goosebumps.... singing at the top of my voice....dancing....God, I love to dance!....All those things make my days magnificent.

I try to keep my face turned to the sun even when it’s raining problems.  
Ahhh....thats a nice post.

Laughing is one of the best things, the sort of uncontrollable laughter that actually hurts.
I have a friend and sometimes we just see the funny side of something at the sme time, and we are off....its a great feeling.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Dude, my life is doom and gloom. Today was all about a car rolling over on a freeway and a man who blew his brains out at a children's playground.

I guess it must be difficult to marvel at a chocolate cake when you have just seen someone blow their brains out.
My friends son is a paramedic often first on the scene when something dreadful has happened, and people who do similar jobs cant unsee what they have seen.

At the end of days lik that....to have someone to love you and talk you through them, is probably the greatest gift a person can ever have.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 am

Syl wrote:

I guess it must be difficult to marvel at a chocolate cake when you have just seen someone blow their brains out.
My friends son is a paramedic often first on the scene when something dreadful has happened, and people who do similar jobs cant unsee what they have seen.

At the end of days lik that....to have someone to love you and talk you through them, is probably the greatest gift a person can ever have.

No doubt. It's a real blessing. But then again, she's the biggest blessing I've ever had.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 am

Pffft...if its sunny today, it will rain tomorrow.

Humbug

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

No doubt. It's a real blessing. But then again, she's the biggest blessing I've ever had.

Yes, and may I say it's been nice, and I hope I can speak for all of us here, seeing a love affair blossom and flourish....one that will eventually have a happy ever after ending. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Pffft...if its sunny today, it will rain tomorrow.

Humbug

Rain makes this country one of the most beautiful places in the world...our green and pleasant land (especially Wales) would be dry and brown and barren instead of green and lush and colourful....so turn that frown upside down. flower
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm

I have to agree, we live in a beautiful country. Looking out the window at all the lush greenery, its amazing the different shades of green that exist let alone the other colours that will appear soon.
Sadly around here more and more of it is being built on, people have to have homes I know but anyone should be able to look out the window and see at least some of what I can.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Vintage wrote:I have to agree, we live in a beautiful country. Looking out the window at all the lush greenery, its amazing the different shades of green that exist let alone the other colours that will appear soon.
Sadly around here more and more of it is being built on, people have to have homes I know but anyone should be able to look out the window and see at least some of what I can.

What sort of view do you have Vintage?
There was a thread once (not sure if it was on here) where people posted pics of the views they looked out at.
I will try to find a pic of my view, fields and horses in the summer, I think they are stabled elsewhere in winter.

Last edited by Syl on Sat May 12, 2018 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 pm

It wont post...think I am having the same trouble Eddie had the other day.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Pffft...if its sunny today, it will rain tomorrow.

Humbug

Rain makes this country one of the most beautiful places in the world...our green and pleasant land (especially Wales) would be dry and brown and barren instead of green and lush and colourful....so turn that frown upside down.  flower

I have a reputation to maintain....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

Rain makes this country one of the most beautiful places in the world...our green and pleasant land (especially Wales) would be dry and brown and barren instead of green and lush and colourful....so turn that frown upside down.  flower

I have a reputation to maintain....

Yes, and you do it very well. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri May 11, 2018 7:01 pm

I am hopeless at posting pictures I'm afraid, I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. If you look out the living room window you'll see houses, out the kitchen window is a lane with our allotment on the other side, with a lot of trees
usually full of singing birds, if the weather is fine, we have a load of feeders in the nearest trees. Look to the right and straight ahead its various mountains not much heather, sheep graze there, if you look down the valley its trees and grass which by mid summer will be waist high and wave like a green sea in the breeze. Walking through it on a sunny day, still takes my breathe away.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 pm

You know, life really is what you make it. It’s an old saying but it is true. It’s not always easy, and some days are shit. Sometimes we have to suffer heartache and grief and hardships.
But!

We are only here a short while really and I truly believe it’s our attitude and way of looking at things that makes a huge difference to how happy we are, generally.

I find humour is my saviour and my very favourite people are those who just know how to make me laugh and get that there really is always a joke waiting to be found around the corner.

Great thread Syl, by the way.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Vintage wrote:I am hopeless at posting pictures I'm afraid, I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. If you look out the living room window you'll see houses, out the kitchen window is a lane with our allotment on the other side, with a lot of trees
usually full of singing birds, if the weather is fine, we have a load of feeders in the nearest trees. Look to the right and straight ahead its various mountains not much heather, sheep graze there, if you look down the valley its trees and grass which by mid summer will be waist high and wave like a green sea in the breeze. Walking through it on a sunny day, still takes my breathe away.
It sounds really beautiful, and for you not to take it all for granted means you can always appreciate it.
I grew up in a city in the 50,s and 60,s, trees and greenery were in short supply, so now, where we live surounded by trees and fields, like you, I never take any of it for granted.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 pm

eddie wrote:You know, life really is what you make it. It’s an old saying but it is true. It’s not always easy, and some days are shit. Sometimes we have to suffer heartache and grief and hardships.
But!

We are only here a short while really and I truly believe it’s our attitude and way of looking at things that makes a huge difference to how happy we are, generally.

I find humour is my saviour and my very favourite people are those who just know how to make me laugh and get that there really is always a joke waiting to be found around the corner.

Great thread Syl, by the way.  
Thanks Eddie, I am enjoying all the replies. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat May 12, 2018 2:54 am

Things were even better when I was but a girl, brought up in a hamlet, we were too small for a village, although we had a primary school, a pub a church and a chapel. A main road went through the place but traffic was few and so far between we used to play tennis against the side wall of my house using the white line for a boundary. You could hear any car coming in plenty of time to get off the road
and continue the game. The buses were no problem they always ran to time. Now you take your life in your hands trying to cross the road. Summer time was incredible, little fields of swaying golden grass and corn which we all helped the farmer to gather in, I drove a tractor at eight years old while the adults and older kids threw bails of hay onto the trailer, strangely I've never learned to drive.
In the winter it was truly magical, I remember looking out the window onto a covering of snow that glistened with frost in the one of three street lights we had in the village which happened to be just opposite our house, the other two were at each end of the village, the you could feel the silence. This little village of mainly workers has now become a posh place to live with many large houses owned by architects, doctors, lawyers and managing directors, the fields I played in are long gone. The poshest people we used to have was the vicar and the estate manager. Although technology and modern living is good, its a shame that way of life has passed. Better go to bed I think I must be getting emotional.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 am

Vintage, have a green for reminding me how life used to be !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 am

Syl wrote:Have you ever tried to describe the sudden feeling of euphoria that can engulf you without warning?

"I'm tripping" will do!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 12, 2018 11:56 am

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:Have you ever tried to describe the sudden feeling of euphoria that can engulf you without warning?

"I'm tripping" will do!

Tripping without substance, flying without wings, or just good to be alive. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 am

Vintage wrote:Things were even better when I was but a girl, brought up in a hamlet, we were too small for a village, although we had a primary school, a pub a church and a chapel. A main road went through the place but traffic was few and so far between we used to play tennis against the side wall of my house using the white line for a boundary. You could hear any car coming in plenty of time to get off the road
and continue the game. The buses were no problem they always ran to time. Now you take your life in your hands trying to cross the road. Summer time was incredible, little fields of swaying golden grass and corn which we all helped the farmer to gather in, I drove a tractor at eight years old while the adults and older kids threw bails of hay onto the trailer, strangely I've never learned to drive.
In the winter it was truly magical, I remember looking out the window onto a covering of snow that glistened with frost in the one of three street lights we had in the village which happened to be just opposite our house, the other two were at each end of the village, the you could feel the silence. This little village of mainly workers has now become a posh place to live with many large houses owned by architects, doctors, lawyers and managing directors, the fields I played in are long gone. The poshest people we used to have was the vicar and the estate manager. Although technology and modern living is good, its a shame that way of life has passed. Better go to bed I think I must be getting emotional.

I agree with Nicko, that's a lovely post.

You don't need to be able to post pictures Vintage, your words do it all for you. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down