NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale

3 posters

Go down

Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale Empty Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 pm

A mother-of-two has claimed victory over Boots after the pharmacy withdrew what she claimed was "sexualised" make-up.

Angela Fitzsimons, 46, was left outraged when her 17-year-old daughter Grace came home with Obsession Obsessive Eyes makeup palette - which included colour shades such as "milf", "foreplay" and "sugar daddy".

The teenager picked up the selection of eyeshadows from Boots' Loughborough branch last week, and her mother branded the wording "unnecessary and crude".

Now the beauty retailer has admitted it got it wrong and promised to remove the product - which is also sold on the Revolution makeup website.

Ms Fitzsimons said the palette, which costs £12 for 24 eyeshadows, would appeal to younger girls even if it wasn't specifically marketed at them.

The eyeshadow names also include housewife, safeword, chauvinist, dealer, wasted, vape, blackmail and full package.

Ms Fitzsimons, of Shepshed, Leicestershire, said: "Grace had been out with her friends and she brought home this palette which she bought with some birthday vouchers.

"She said they were nice colours but the names were gross. I looked closer and saw they were called things like milf, homewrecker and dealer. It was pretty rank.

"I complained to Boots and they replied that it was not marketed at children but I don't think that makes a difference.

"At that price you will get children aged 12, 13, and 14 buying it. Even if they don't buy it they will be seeing these words."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/30/mother-defeats-boots-sexualised-make-up-stores-withdraw-eyeshadow/

Back to top Go down

Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale Empty Re: Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale

Post by Syl Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Well I think Boots were wrong to stock the product and right to withdraw it.

Somewhere like Anne Summers would be better off selling products like this.
Youngsters don't tend to shop there, so if an adult wants to wear eye shadows titled things like 'housewife, milf and homewrecker' that's up to them....not for youngsters though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale Empty Re: Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:Well I think Boots were wrong to stock the product and right to withdraw it.

Somewhere like Anne Summers would be better off selling products like this.
Youngsters don't tend to shop there, so if an adult wants to wear eye shadows titled things like 'housewife, milf and homewrecker' that's up to them....not for youngsters though.

You can see it, can't you? A bunch of marketing execs sitting round the table in the board room cogitating over what gimmick might best sell a product they have no clue about.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Can you just see it...
Shazza....what colour are you wearing today Trace?

Trace.....well I fancy that married guy up the street, so I will wear my homewrecker for luck.

Shazza...I washed a plate this morning, so I went with Housewife, tonight I am on the pull though though, so it'll be MILF for me come happy hour. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Syl wrote:Can you just see it...
Shazza....what colour are you wearing today Trace?

Trace.....well I fancy that married guy up the street, so I will wear my homewrecker for luck.

Shazza...I washed a plate this morning, so I went with Housewife, tonight I am on the pull though though, so it'll be MILF for me come happy hour. Rolling Eyes

To be honest, those idiot name tags for eyeshadow are quite fucking insulting. It implies women are only fit for one thing.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 01, 2018 1:37 pm

The washing up ???----------Ill get my coat--- Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 01, 2018 1:38 pm

I very much doubt there would have been any females sitting in adding to the debate when those names were decided.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm

nicko wrote:The washing up ???----------Ill get my coat--- Laughing

Take that Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale 3755771736 and that Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale 1681210668 and fucking that Mother defeats Boots over 'sexualised' make-up as stores withdraw eyeshadow from sale 859118666
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Laughing Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down