NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President

5 posters

Go down

Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President Empty Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 am

11th February 2014

They don't half hate us, but they don't half want us to stay in.  What have we got that they so desperately need?

Britons are too ignorant about Europe to vote in a referendum on the subject, a top Brussels official claimed last night.

Viviane Reding, vice-president of the European Commission, said the British debate about Europe was so ‘distorted’ that people could not make an ‘informed decision’ about whether or not to stay in the EU.

Mrs Reding - who boasted that 70 per cent of the UK’s laws are now made in Brussels - also rubbished David Cameron’s bid to curb immigration from Europe, saying it was incompatible with membership of the EU.

Speaking at an EU-sponsored ‘Citizen’s Dialogue’ event in London, Mrs Reding accused British politicians and media of so misrepresenting the EU that it is now impossible to hold a fair referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU.

‘You are on the verge of having (to take) maybe a national decision?’ she said.‘Do the people who are asked to vote know what they are going to vote about?’

‘The fact is that very often, I see a completely distorted truth being presented and then how do you want people to take an informed decision? They simply cannot.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556397/Britons-ignorant-EU-referendum-Top-official-says-debate-Europe-distorted-people-not-make-informed-decision.html#ixzz2szyT7mWh

Back to top Go down

Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President Empty Re: Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:45 am

it is probably true  :::grouch::  :::grouch::  :::grouch:: 

After all you are at the mercy of his darklord Murdoch too  study  study  study 

VOTE 1 SKYNET
  a better idea
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President Empty Re: Britons Are Too Ignorant - European Commision Vice President

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:15 am

BigAndy9 wrote:11th February 2014

They don't half hate us, but they don't half want us to stay in.  What have we got that they so desperately need?

Britons are too ignorant about Europe to vote in a referendum on the subject, a top Brussels official claimed last night.

Viviane Reding, vice-president of the European Commission, said the British debate about Europe was so ‘distorted’ that people could not make an ‘informed decision’ about whether or not to stay in the EU.

Mrs Reding - who boasted that 70 per cent of the UK’s laws are now made in Brussels - also rubbished David Cameron’s bid to curb immigration from Europe, saying it was incompatible with membership of the EU.

Speaking at an EU-sponsored ‘Citizen’s Dialogue’ event in London, Mrs Reding accused British politicians and media of so misrepresenting the EU that it is now impossible to hold a fair referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU.

‘You are on the verge of having (to take) maybe a national decision?’ she said.‘Do the people who are asked to vote know what they are going to vote about?’

‘The fact is that very often, I see a completely distorted truth being presented and then how do you want people to take an informed decision? They simply cannot.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556397/Britons-ignorant-EU-referendum-Top-official-says-debate-Europe-distorted-people-not-make-informed-decision.html#ixzz2szyT7mWh

They rely on that ignorance to keep control from brussels, this pathetic spineless bunch of politicians have given away all control of this country, all the blood that was spent over two world wars was for nothing, they have more or less spit on the graves of brave soldiers just to line their own pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 am

heavenly father wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:11th February 2014

They rely on that ignorance to keep control from Rupert Murdoch's office, this pathetic spineless bunch of politicians have given away all control of this country, all the blood that was spent over two world wars was for nothing, they have more or less spit on the graves of brave soldiers just to line their own and the Darklord's pockets.

Well we almost agree HF  Wink  Wink  Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

They rely on that ignorance to keep control from Rupert Murdoch's office, this pathetic spineless bunch of politicians have given away all control of this country, all the blood that was spent over two world wars was for nothing, they have more or less spit on the graves of brave soldiers just to line their own and the Darklord's pockets.

Well we almost agree HF  Wink  Wink  Wink

well it's close enough.. :D 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 pm

I agree with her. Politicians gave up years ago and it will only take one more Treaty to complete integration. When Labour signed the Lisbon Treaty it decided that the electorate wold no longer be consulted. Previous treaties had like wise been not subject to ratification. UKIP and the Tory right are ineffectual and Labour and the Liberal party are pro EU and anti referenda.

Therefore it is pointless arguing Labour are likely to win we know if they wouldn't give us the vote last time why would they change their view in the future.

Can anyone fault my assertion there aren't enough people who care to turn the tide particularly in positions of power.

Get used to it folks we have been governed for decades already and we have enjoyed a peaceful Europe as a result.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Now I know why you changed your name from Hamster, gave the game away too easily. You know full well that the Lisbon Treaty and and amended and combined two other treaties, the Maastricht Treaty and the Treaty of Rome and we were never promised a referendum on it.

As for a referendum at the moment, polling by Ipsos MORI regularly shows the EU does not even make it into the top ten of voters' concerns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:55 pm

I beg to differ the repackaging of the Treaty was a ruse a fig leaf if you like nothing more nothing less. It was meant to allow a honourable withdrawal.

I think you are missing my point getting focussed on the rights and wrongs of giving the electorate a vote.
I'm saying that all the senior leaders bar a few of all parties are Europhiles. Labour and the Liberals have just stopped the referendum bill in the Lords. 70% of the laws emanate from  the EU therefore it follows 70% of the influence comes from the EU for the most part.

Perhaps you can offer an alternative to my assertion that if Labour and the Liberals were really intent on having a referendum they would not have been so active in stopping it.

As for my name change is that disallowed I'll check I'm sorry if it is. Being followed around being called shady for half the night had more to do with it.

I thought Seaman Staines rather funny sorry if my attempt at humour offends.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Yeah if EU is not concerning anyone (although after shouting 70% of UK laws are made in Brussels there are probably a few more concerns now) why has the Labour party now got a special team working to try and stop UKIP getting more of their voters, and why has David Cameron gone from saying "NO referendum" to promising one if he is re-elected.

You might not like us but the fact is we are not going away and support for us is growing exponentially.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:57 pm

sphinx wrote:Yeah if EU is not concerning anyone (although after shouting 70% of UK laws are made in Brussels there are probably a few more concerns now) why has the Labour party now got a special team working to try and stop UKIP getting more of their voters, and why has David Cameron gone from saying "NO referendum" to promising one if he is re-elected.

You might not like us but the fact is we are not going away and support for us is growing exponentially.

It's more a question of fear than dislike. UKIP may well be dismissed as a one issue party, but that issue has the potential to cost both Labour and the Tories a hell of a lot of votes in some key constituencies.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
sphinx wrote:Yeah if EU is not concerning anyone (although after shouting 70% of UK laws are made in Brussels there are probably a few more concerns now) why has the Labour party now got a special team working to try and stop UKIP getting more of their voters, and why has David Cameron gone from saying "NO referendum" to promising one if he is re-elected.

It's more a question of fear than dislike. UKIP may well be dismissed as a one issue party, but that issue has the potential to cost both Labour and the Tories a hell of a lot of votes in some key constituencies.

Just remind me what the one issue is - what with the grammar schools/technical colleges, flat rate taxation, stopping "green" subsidies and everything else we discuss I keep forgetting which one is our "one issue"

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Which is why it is lost! Get used to it the EU had the power in hand 20 years ago. The last stand party won't act tactically because the Tory leadership is making sure they don't by offending them.

Can my assessment be logically argued against as flawed?

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

I don't believe for a moment that she said that. It is the Daily Mail after all but if anyone has access directly to the part of the speech where she said that then I'd like to see it.

Anyone?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down