NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog

5 posters

Go down

Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog  Empty Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm

[*]Amit Patel, 37, lost his sight five years ago and uses Guide Dog Kika to get around
[*]On Wednesday he was reduced to tears after failing to get a seat on the train
[*]He and Kika boarded but nobody moved to help the former medic and his dog 
[*]Mr Patel had to stumble for something to hold on to and Kika slid on the wet floor
[*]He said he felt useless being unable to help the pup that looks after him daily
[*]Mr Patel previously shared a video showing the difficulty he had using the tube

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5556695/Blind-man-reduced-tears-stands-London-Tube.html#ixzz5B9gDPcME 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog  Empty Re: Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 pm

In the US it's a violation of Federal law for able-bodied persons not to give up a position in certain seats. The law is enforceable by the driver, and the company is subject to a fine under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog  Empty Re: Blind father is reduced to tears when not a SINGLE London train commuter gives up their disabled seat for him and his guide dog

Post by magica Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Many people sit in disabled seats and never offer them up.

They should hang their heads, disgraceful behaviour to this blind man and every disabled person
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:56 pm

I don't think people actually notice, everyone seems to be running on automatic these days, not to mention so many people walking around with earplugs in or staring at their phones or both, they are oblivious to anything going on around them.
I always move for disabled or a mother and child, always hold doors for who ever is coming after me or for people with pushchairs, I was quite cheered the other day when I held the door for a woman with a pushchair, she actually thanked more than once, a thanks is rare I find, she obviously was pleasantly suprised. It's how I was taught.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 am

I honestly cant see this ever happening in Manchester.

Its disgraceful. People may be wrapped up in themselves, glued to their mobiles and seemingly unaware of their surroundings, but more likely they just choose to pretend they dont see someone in distress just so they can stay seated and look after number one.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:18 am

Question

What's the point of having seats designated for disabled, pregnant & mums, or elderly people, if they then don't have any train guards/ticket inspectors present to enforce the rules ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Thing is Wolf, they're doing away with Guards on long haul trains and none on the local trains,, so no one to ensure disabled get a seat.

Even on buses they don't move, its horrible in London now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Vintage wrote:I don't think people actually notice, everyone seems to be running on automatic these days, not to mention so many people walking around with earplugs in or staring at their phones or both, they are oblivious to anything going on around them.  
I always move for disabled or a mother and child, always hold doors for who ever is coming after me or for people with pushchairs, I was quite cheered the other day when I held the door for a woman with a pushchair, she actually thanked more than once, a thanks is rare I find, she obviously was pleasantly suprised. It's how I was taught.

Thing is Vin, he asked if there were any seats, he was ignored.

London is horrible place now, I feel so sorry for this man and any disabled on trains, no one to enforce the disability seats anymore.

You're right though Vin, no one looks up from their damn mobiles, and the other day, I was reversing onto my drive, someone walked right out behind me, head down on his mobile, he didn't even notice, just carried on walking with his head buried in his mobile!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:43 pm

I don't travel much by train so I don't know how the seats are designated, but the Manchester trams and buses all have priority seats for the disadvantaged at the front.
I have never seen an able bodied person stay seated in one if someone more needy gets on the vehicle.

I imagine if they did, other passengers would say something, I know I would.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:13 pm

I give up my seat even though I have problems walking if someone gets on and is worse than me.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:49 pm

magica wrote:I give up my seat even though I have problems walking if someone gets on and is worse than me.

I will give up my seat for an elderly person too, and sometimes when they have taken it I realise they are probably younger than I am. Razz
One pet hate is people who sit near the window and put their shopping on the empty seat next to them....never checking if the bus is getting full. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Syl on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 pm

I asked them to move it, on a train too. I'm not standing while their shopping gets a seat.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down