NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'It's all about money': Hero who dived into freezing water to save a baby in a car tragedy that killed a family of five has slammed his former girlfriend for SUING for compensation over the stress of watching them die

Go down

'It's all about money': Hero who dived into freezing water to save a baby in a car tragedy that killed a family of five has slammed his former girlfriend for SUING for compensation over the stress of watching them die Empty 'It's all about money': Hero who dived into freezing water to save a baby in a car tragedy that killed a family of five has slammed his former girlfriend for SUING for compensation over the stress of watching them die

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:49 pm

The hero who saved a baby girl from drowning after her father's car plunged off a pier killing five people today slammed a move by his girlfriend to claim compensation after she witnessed the incident.

Davitt Walsh said his ex-girlfriend Stephanie Knox was 'wrong' to claim damages from the estate of the dead driver and added: 'I am having no part of it.'

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Mr Walsh who swam out to rescue the baby girl after which Stephanie, a cardiac physiologist, warmed her up in her car, said he was shocked to learn of the compensation bid yesterday.

He and Ms Knox, 25, split a few months after the tragedy of March 2016 when an Audi Q7 jeep slid off the slipway in Buncrana, Donegal, and ploughed into the Lough Swilly.

The incident claimed the lives of Sean McGrotty, 49, his sons Mark, 11, Evan, eight, mother-in-law Ruth Daniels, 57, and her 14-year-old daughter Jodie-Lee Tracey.

Mr McGrotty's 86-year-old father, Noel, revealed he has received a legal notice from Ms Knox explaining her intention to claim from McGrotty's estate.

Today, Mr Walsh said: 'My phone has been ringing all day with people wanting to know what I think and I haven't been interested in speaking to anyone about this.

'What I feel is that this is all wrong. But it has nothing to do with me.

'I am not interested in money. Stephanie can do whatever she wants but I don't want any money. I just want to get on with my life.

'It has got nothing to do with me as that is all about money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5548563/Woman-helped-save-baby-drowning-suing-estate-driver.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down