NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baking Corner

2 posters

Go down

Baking Corner Empty Baking Corner

Post by Clarkson Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Todays recipe Summer Mince Pies.

Summer Mince pies!? I can hear you exclaim surely Mince Pies are synonymous with Christmas. Not these shipmates no it’s a new take on the humble Mince pie.

Firstly for our Antipodean and American friends let me explain what we mean my Mince. WE are talking about mincemeat. No not ground beef as the Americans call it nor is it ground minced lamb either. No Minces are Fruits dried Fruits to be precise. The Fruits are suspended in a rich liquid that sometimes contains alcohol.

Personally I dislike alcoholic minces they leave a bitter taste in the mouth and are high maintenance in the cooking process. They always demand extra attention and can be unstable.
The big change with my recipe is this is a flaky mince. Deep inhalations a flaky mince you say but in fairness we have more experience with a flaky mince on these forums than most. Flaky pastry also called Rough Puff pastry on the BBC website http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2403/roughpuff-pastry-

Now mince selection I recommend the better quality refined minces not the coarse minces that can be found in the cheap stores. I personally recommend Marks and Spencers extra Fruit mince.

Finally Summer mince pies are square and don’t fit in, normal baking tins. We shall prepare two rectangles of our flaky pastry mix and interleave the mince meat. With the edges crimped and sealed we shall then divide the rectangle into ten squares and again crimp and seal the edges to stop the mince getting out. It is important that the mince is contained because it can make a terrible mess.

Finally pop in the oven on 200c Gas Mark 6 for twenty minutes until golden brown

There you have it friends next time I shall be doing Fairy Cakes Enjoy.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Baking Corner Empty Re: Baking Corner

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Clarkson wrote:Todays recipe Summer Mince Pies.

Summer Mince pies!? I can hear you exclaim surely Mince Pies are synonymous with Christmas. Not these shipmates no it’s a new take on the humble Mince pie.

Firstly for our Antipodean and American friends let me explain what we mean my Mince. WE are talking about mincemeat. No not ground beef as the Americans call it nor is it ground minced lamb either. No Minces are Fruits dried Fruits to be precise. The Fruits are suspended in a rich liquid that sometimes contains alcohol.

Personally I dislike alcoholic minces they leave a bitter taste in the mouth and are high maintenance in the cooking process. They always demand extra attention and can be unstable.
The big change with my recipe is this is a flaky mince.  Deep   inhalations a flaky mince you say but in fairness we have more experience with a flaky mince on these forums than most. Flaky pastry also called Rough Puff pastry on the BBC website http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2403/roughpuff-pastry-

Now mince selection I recommend the better quality refined minces not the coarse minces that can be found in the cheap stores. I personally recommend Marks and Spencers extra Fruit mince.

Finally Summer mince pies are square and don’t fit in, normal baking tins. We shall prepare two rectangles of our flaky pastry mix and interleave the mince meat.  With the edges crimped and sealed we shall then divide the rectangle into ten squares and again crimp and seal the edges to stop the mince getting out. It is important that the mince is contained because it can make a terrible mess.

Finally pop in the oven on 200c Gas Mark 6 for twenty minutes until golden brown

There you have it friends next time I shall be doing Fairy Cakes Enjoy.

I hate mince  No 
 lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 pm

This thread mysteriously disappeared I have taken the trouble to repost. Must have been a technical glitch can't think the left would censor a recipe.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Final warning, I can see this is your "subtle" way to antagonize Catman. Do it again and I will have no qualms about saying bye-bye to you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:33 pm

For your original bit of childishness, see "Baby Fights." For the time being.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 pm

For everyone Ben has no trouble turning the other way when not so subtle avatars of JD are concerned.

If you want to be the guy who bans recipes be my guest it is a wonderful demonstration of the lefts desire to censor and to be so blinkered to their own excesses.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Clarkson wrote:For everyone Ben has no trouble turning the other way when not so subtle avatars of JD are concerned.

If you want to be the guy who bans recipes be my guest it is a wonderful demonstration of the lefts desire to censor and to be so blinkered to their own excesses.

Your "recipe" is obviously full of double entendres intended to antagonize Catman. Meanwhile, check Joy Division's avatar, and you can ask him whether I requested that he change it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Baking Corner Dancin25Baking Corner Captu201

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Puriel
What is that pink thing (as the actress said to the bishop)
its very disturbing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:44 pm

NemsAgain wrote:Puriel
its very disturbing!

It is a fairy and yes they are often disturbed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Someone seems to be up the arse of homophobes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Puriel wrote:
its very disturbing!

Some do seem to turn this site into another Flap site, where homophobic slurs and abuses are readily accepted.

Why is that, when they can always post these sorts of abuses there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Puriel wrote:
its very disturbing!

You're on warning too.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down