NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me

4 posters

Go down

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   Empty Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me

Post by Guest Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 am

You might be forgiven for thinking this lioness is just playing with her food.

But these remarkable photographs capture the powerful beast caring for a young springbok as if it were her own offspring.

For although the antelope species are her natural prey, this grieving lioness adopted the calf after her own cubs were killed by a rival male lion.

Photographer Gordon Donovan recorded the extraordinary scenes of her tenderly cradling the antelope, licking it clean and shielding it from danger.

She even protected the bok from a pair of pregnant lions who approached in search of food at Etosha National Park in Namibia.

Photographer Mr Donovan, from New York, said: ‘It was a bizarre yet stunning sight to behold. I was excited about the lions, and when she captured the springbok I was waiting for the kill.
‘But it never came and started cleaning the calf. That’s the mysterious way of nature, never knowing what will happen next.
‘Then she protected her adopted springbok cub from the other lions. These are the moments I seek when I go to Africa.’
Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   495315B200000578-0-image-a-14_1518911051607

+5

The fascinating set of images show a grieving lioness apparently adopting the baby springbok as if it were one of her very own cubs

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   495315A600000578-0-image-a-17_1518911059676

+5

The shots show the lioness holding the young springbok back from running away, cleaning it, pushing it around playfully - while refusing to allow other members of her hungry pride anywhere near it, after her own cubs were killed by a rival male lion

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   4953159400000578-0-image-a-19_1518911068557

+5

Photographer Gordon Donovan, from New York, claims that the bizarre scene played out for more than two hours when he visited the pride in Namibia's Etosha National Park

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   4953157C00000578-0-image-a-21_1518911074798

+5

Gordon, 53, was informed by a guide that the lioness was part of a pride that had been overtaken by a new male, and, in doing so, the dominant male had killed the lioness' male cubs

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   4953156500000578-0-image-a-22_1518911082566

+5

Although the antelope species are her natural prey, the lioness protected the bok from a pair of pregnant lions who approached in search of food

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5404553/Lioness-adopts-young-springbok-cubs-killed.html#ixzz57ROh5wU7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   Empty Re: Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me

Post by nicko Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 am

Problem is, the Lion can't feed it and as soon as the mail sees it, he'll kill it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me   Empty Re: Don't worry, deer... I won't bite! And you can spring bok to your family when you’ve finished lion around with me

Post by eddie Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:57 am

Is a National Park like a zoo, where the animals are fed by someone? Because if they were in the wild she’d have definitely killed that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:Is a National Park like a zoo, where the animals are fed by someone? Because if they were in the wild she’d have definitely killed that.

No national parks, are land put aside for Wild Animals to live Wild like this WILD Lioness. Wink

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:48 am

Amazing.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down