NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody rooted their Android phone?

3 posters

Go down

Has anybody rooted their Android phone? Empty Has anybody rooted their Android phone?

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 am

By the way, I'm aware I might have just cracked up our Australian members with that title -- but that's the term for it!  ::sexbnan: ::sexbnan: ::sexbnan: 

Just wondering, because I'm thinking about rooting (now I can't stop snickering about that) my Samsung Galaxy S3 ever since my provider decided to start serving up extra advertising with the latest software update.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Has anybody rooted their Android phone? Empty Re: Has anybody rooted their Android phone?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Yep - I put Cyanogenmod on a Galaxy S, also on a HP Touchpad, quite a few times on the Touchpads.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Has anybody rooted their Android phone? Empty Re: Has anybody rooted their Android phone?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:
Yep - I put Cyanogenmod on a Galaxy S, also on a HP Touchpad, quite a few times on the Touchpads.

affraid  

YOU kinky man, Andy !!!   You da' man, mon !

cheers

Errrrm... what does rooted mean in Australia?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

affraid  

cheers

Errrrm... what does rooted mean in Australia?

Put it this way, to say you rooted your cell phone to an Aussie could well sound like you ... made sweet love to your phone  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

affraid  

cheers

But um, back to topic -- did you run into any problems with Cyanogenmod on your phone? Overheating, apps not working properly, anything like that? Did you have to re-do the folders and layout, all that stuff?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:
 affraid  

cheers

But um, back to topic -- did you run into any problems with Cyanogenmod on your phone? Overheating, apps not working properly, anything like that? Did you have to re-do the folders and layout, all that stuff?

No, it worked a treat.

Samsung wouldn't release ICS for the Galaxy S but Cyanogenmod had a version for it - it was great.

Take a look at their website - you can put it on most devices.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 am

rooted = fucked

1 for 1 replacement all contexts that you can used fucked you can use rooted.

so people do say "Oh fuck, I rooted me phone" but it normally means they broke it   Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:
 affraid  

cheers

No, it worked a treat.  

Samsung wouldn't release ICS for the Galaxy S but Cyanogenmod had a version for it - it was great.

Take a look at their website - you can put it on most devices.

Cool, I take it you mean the site for Cyanogenmod? Could you tell me about how long I should plan to do it so that I don't miss calls, etc.? Appreciate the help!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 am

If it all runs smoothly  Laughing , half an hour the first time.

Oooh, just been there - looks very different.

I knew they were talking about becoming an official operating system and bringing out their own phone.

The main thing Ben - read lots first - check out a few youtube videos, read more than one "how to". Take your time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 am

Yeah, there's now an "installer" which could make things easier.

"Back in the day" (about 18 months ago) you had to trawl the internet for about 6 different programmes and pray to God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 am

Yeah, now I'm kind of freaking out! Paid $500 for this thing and really don't want to brick it. Thanks for the info, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down