NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund

+4
Andy
nicko
Fred Moletrousers
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund Empty George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am

Billionaire George Soros has handed £400,000 to a campaign fighting to stop Brexit, it was revealed today.

The investment mogul is one of the biggest donors behind the Best For Britain group launched by Gina Miller.

The scale of the financial backing will raise alarm among Brexiteers, with fears running high that the process of leaving the EU could be watered down or even halted altogether.

Former Ukip leader Nigel Farage said people were starting to 'wake up' to the danger of the referendum vote being reversed.

Mr Soros previously said it was possible that the UK would apply to rejoin the European Union soon after Brexit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5365023/George-Soros-backs-pro-EU-campaign-400-000.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/10/whos-afraid-of-george-soros/
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund Empty Re: George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am

My first question when I read this was....What's in it for him? Why would he interfere with British politics?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund Empty Re: George Soros - the billionaire 'who broke the Bank of England' - is one of three figures backing a pro-EU campaign to overturn Brexit with £400,000 fund

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 am

This guy is a hedge fund manager. In the United Kingdom, 80% of Europe's hedge funds are based here. Does that explain it?

Soros, who has been accused of interfering in the democracies of several European countries, entertained six Tories at his Chelsea house last Monday.

They were told that the group’s goal was “to raise public support for Remain to a clear and growing national majority by June/July 2018 and channelling that pressure into MPs’ mailbags and surgeries”.

But sources at the dinner said the message fell flat and donors left without pledging any money.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 am

HoratioTarr wrote:My first question when I read this was....What's in it for him?    Why would he interfere with British politics?

It would also be interesting to learn just which of the Soros "foundations" is behind the funding.

And even more interesting to learn whether it is registered with the UK Charity Commission and, if so, whether it has exploited any of the taxation concessions which charities and charitable foundations are entitled to receive.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:22 am

If anyone wonders what on earth a hedge manager is or does, here's an example.

Preston-born Michael Platt is the richest hedge fund manager in Britain, with the £300million he netted in the last year bringing his estimated wealth at a cool £2.4billion.

The 49-year-old financier has seen his assets soar at the helm of BlueCrest Capital in a turbulent year for investors, while some of his rivals fell victim to the uncertainty surrounding Brexit.

Mr Platt has indicated the kind of work ethic that has got him to such an elevated position, and how he has strengthened his position in the Sunday Times Rich List.

When asked about what he looked for in traders, he once said it was 'the type of guy who gets up at seven o'clock on Sunday morning when his kids are still in bed, and logs on to a poker site so that he pick off the US drunks coming home on Saturday night'.

He added: 'I hired a guy like that. He usually clears five or 10 grand every Sunday morning before breakfast taking out the drunks playing poker because there not very good at it, but their confidence has gone up a lot.'

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 am

Hedge funds are not open to the public. It's money making money making money so far as I can see.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:29 am

The UK's $427bn hedge fund industry has 78% of British fund managers believing they need to reevaluate their business models in anticipation of Brexit, according to research commissioned by State Street.

UK-based hedge funds, which account for about 69% of total European hedge fund assets, face important questions about their future, such as the potential loss of passporting rights and single market access, according to State Street's Insitutional Survey for April 2017, Brexometer.

Bullish sentiment from Theresa May on the pursuit of a "hard Brexit" and a lack of clarity on the UK's relationship with the EU once it has left the union has made preparations more difficult for managers.
"We are facing the unknown in regards to Brexit," said Steve Long, chief risk officer at hedge fund Avem Capital. "It is still unclear what the nature of the UK's relationship with Europe will be.

"The optimist hopes for a vast simplification of current financial regulations [but] the sceptic wonders just how much it will be possible, or even desirable to change. As a consequence, cautious preparation is our approach."

Passporting allows firms to set up branches or conduct cross-border business within the EU, without any additional local authorisation.

Under AIFMD, UCITS and MIFID - the key regulatory directives for hedge funds - leaving the single market would technically revoke these rights.

https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/3011274/uk-hedge-funds-face-brexit-rethink
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 am

So, when you drag this out into the cold light of day, it's basically about massive amounts of money being made for others and not what might be best for the British people?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 am

Did you know that the average wage for a Hedge fund employee was £67k per annum.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 am

Some one should push this scheming little bastard under a Bus. I believe he helped the Nazi's in the last war Twisted Evil
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:55 am

nicko wrote:Some one should push this scheming little bastard under a Bus.    I believe he helped the Nazi's in the last war Twisted Evil

I am sure you can provide a link to this claim.

And for the record, I do not trust Soros either.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 am

“We cannot forget how in 1997-98 American hedge funds destroyed the economies of poor countries by manipulating their national currencies.” – Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia commenting during the 1997-1998 emerging market crisis.

“As markets crumbled last year, regulators and lawmakers turned their sights on the shadowy world of hedge funds, lightly regulated investment pools that can engage in a wider array of transactions than closely watched mutual funds.” – Reuters, June 2009.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 am

Angry Andy wrote:
nicko wrote:Some one should push this scheming little bastard under a Bus.    I believe he helped the Nazi's in the last war Twisted Evil

I am sure you can provide a link to this claim.

And for the record, I do not trust Soros either.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am

George Soros explains that "I am there to make money. I cannot and do not look at the social consequences of what I do."

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

That link good enough for you, Google him and see what a rat bag he is.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:24 am

His father denied being Jewish to survive the holocaust. One might argue that this is a form of collaboration. Many did collaborate with the Germans and many were executed for it as it was deemed a betrayal of those who died and fought against the Nazis. Perhaps his father just got lucky or perhaps something went on that isn't revealed.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am

Andy would like him !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:30 am

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

nicko wrote:Andy would like him !

You dopey halfwit.

I already stated I didnt trust him.

Anymore than I trust Trump. Or Kim Jon-Un.

Why would I like a billionaire entrepreneur who makes his money from the misery and dispair of the poor?

Isn't that a right wing capitalist trait?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 am

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Love him or hate him, he's bang on.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:49 am

Angry Andy wrote:

You dopey halfwit.

Why would I like a billionaire entrepreneur who makes his money from the misery and dispair of the poor?

Isn't  that a right wing capitalist trait?

The thing about Trump is that he's nearly as rich as Soros and therefore won't be subjected to his manipulations.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Angry Andy wrote:

You dopey halfwit.

Isn't  that a right wing capitalist trait?

No it's not you dopey halfwit.  Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Course it is.
Thatcher was reniwn3d for it.
She heaped misery on countless thousands by destroying industries and closing more factories than Hitler, all to promote privatization and boost the banking sector.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Course it is.
She heaped misery on countless thousands by destroying industries and closing more factories than Hitler, all to promote privatization and boost the banking sector.

Ever hear of Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot? I'm thinking the 100 million or so those leftists killed suffered a little misery. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Andy, you are a far left Labour supporter who would be quite happy to have the Marxist Corbyn and his IRA deputy running this country. Of course the Unions would be pulling both their strings and steering the country to bankruptcy. If Mrs Thatcher had not curbed the Unions power we would have been in that position years ago ! She did a lot of stupid things I agree, but she stood up for this country and without her we would have been fucked years ago !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 pm

HT... great OP and posts!!!

Brexit = the return of 'demos kratos' to the British people!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:03 am

nicko wrote:
Some one should push this scheming little bastard under a Bus.    I believe he helped the Nazi's in the last war Twisted Evil

Question

Is he old enough, nicko ?

Sure that wasn't his father, all the way back then ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 am

Maddog wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Course it is.

Ever hear of Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot? I'm thinking the 100 million or so those leftists killed suffered a little misery.  Wink

Arrow

100 million  ????
Where do you get that figure from,  Dopeydawg ???

Lenin/Stalin, around 25--30 million;
Mao,  25 million plus;
Pol Pot :  2 to 3 million..
Where's that other 40 million coming from ?

World War II alone, the nazis, fascists and Japanese imperialists were responsible for 55 million plus deaths..

Through the last couple centuries, economic expansionism by capitalist backed regimes and monarchies has amounted  to tens of millions  --  adding those onto the WWII casualties, and you will easily match, probably surpass, the totals for authoritarian left-wing regimes over the same period..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ever hear of Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot? I'm thinking the 100 million or so those leftists killed suffered a little misery.  Wink

Arrow

100 million  ????

Mao,  25 million plus;

World War II alone, the nazis, fascists and Japanese imperialists were responsible for 55 million plus deaths..

Through the last couple centuries, economic expansionism by capitalist backed regimes and monarchies has amounted  to tens of millions  --  adding those onto the WWII casualties, and you will easily match, probably surpass, the totals for authoritarian left-wing regimes over the same period..

Where did you get your numbers from?

Are they really that much lower when you consider 3 men were responsible for all those deaths of their own citizens?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am

Question

@ Maddog...

What I have to question is where your rubbery claim of "100 million" comes from...

Even being generous and 'rounding up' the total deaths attributable to Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot alone,  still only adds up to 60 to 70 million or so;   leaving you 30 to 40 million short.

Where are your sources for your "100 million", just for those three regimes  ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:47 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Question

@ Maddog...

What I have to question is where your rubbery claim of "100 million" comes from...

Even being generous and 'rounding up' the total deaths attributable to Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot alone,  still only adds up to 60 to 70 million or so;   leaving you 30 to 40 million short.

Where are your sources for your "100 million", just for those three regimes  ???

I don't remember now. Let's say those 3 men only killed 70 million of their own citizens for no other reason than having a different set of beliefs. Does it change the fact that they were evil pieces of shit?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:54 am

http://www.popten.net/2010/05/top-ten-most-evil-dictators-of-all-time-in-order-of-kill-count/

This link puts them at the 75-100 million level. Does it really fucking matter?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:44 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Arrow

100 million  ????

Mao,  25 million plus;

Where did you get your numbers from?  

Are they really that much lower when you consider 3 men were responsible for all those deaths of their own citizens?

the problem with saying it was 3 men is that it wasn't just 3 men
all had plenty of supporters, all were in fact populist demagogues that riled up a hate filled public with their speeches etc

which is why the rise a populist demagogues in the USA(and to a lesser extent Europe) is such a concern for the rest of the world.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:24 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Question

@ Maddog...

I don't remember now.  Let's say those 3 men only killed 70 million of their own citizens for no other reason than having a different set of beliefs.  Does it change the fact that they were evil pieces of shit?

What a Face

Nobody said it does... Or that they weren't...

I could even suggest where that other 30--40 million would be..

Conflicts like Vietnam (including Laos, and Cambodia pre Pol Pot), other hotspots in S.E. Asia (Malaysia znd Indonesia both had communist insurgencies at times, though Indonesia also had right wing troublemakers, as did the Phillipines..), Central and South America, Marxist rebels in Nepal, etc. etc.

Get some corporate lobbyists, royalists/monarchists and religious apologists wanting to deflect attantion from their own groups equally bad contributions to mass conflicts, and watch them start inflating the numbers to suit their own agendas..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:19 am

Wolfie, Soros was born in 1930, at 13 years old he followed his Father and started to denounce Jews to the Nazi's !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:36 am

The Puppet-Master?

The totality of what is revealed in the three hacked documents show that Soros is effectively the puppet-master pulling most of the strings in Kiev. Soros Foundation’s Ukraine branch, International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) has been involved in Ukraine since 1989. His IRF doled out more than $100 million to Ukrainian NGOs two years before the fall of the Soviet Union, creating the preconditions for Ukraine’s independence from Russia in 1991. Soros also admitted to financing the 2013-2014 Maidan Square protests that brought the current government into power.

Soros’ foundations were also deeply involved in the 2004 Orange Revolution that brought the corrupt but pro-NATO Viktor Yushchenko into power with his American wife who had been in the US State Department. In 2004 just weeks after Soros’ International Renaissance Foundation had succeeded in getting Viktor Yushchenko as President of Ukraine, Michael McFaul wrote an OpEd for the Washington Post. McFaul, a specialist in organizing color revolutions, who later became US Ambassador to Russia, revealed:

Did Americans meddle in the internal affairs of Ukraine? Yes. The American agents of influence would prefer different language to describe their activities — democratic assistance, democracy promotion, civil society support, etc. — but their work, however labeled, seeks to influence political change in Ukraine. The US Agency for International Development, the National Endowment for Democracy and a few other foundations sponsored certain US organizations, including Freedom House, the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute, the Solidarity Center, the Eurasia Foundation, Internews and several others to provide small grants and technical assistance to Ukrainian civil society. The European Union, individual European countries and the Soros-funded International Renaissance Foundation did the same.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/leaked-george-soros-puppet-master-behind-ukrainian-regime/206574/
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am

This man's sole focus is money and he doesn't care of any consequences that his manipulations create.   You'll see that his 'foundations' offer millions to a variety of 'good causes' which I personally feel is a smoke screen to distract from his true agenda.  Global control.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:58 pm

He's a dirty little manipulator who has his filthy fingers in many a rotten pie. How he's managed to live this long is a mystery !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:17 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't remember now.  Let's say those 3 men only killed 70 million of their own citizens for no other reason than having a different set of beliefs.  Does it change the fact that they were evil pieces of shit?

What a Face

Nobody said it does...  Or that they weren't...

I could even suggest where that other 30--40 million would be..

Conflicts like Vietnam (including Laos, and Cambodia pre Pol Pot),   other hotspots in S.E. Asia (Malaysia znd Indonesia both had communist insurgencies at times, though Indonesia also had right wing troublemakers, as did the Phillipines..), Central and South America, Marxist rebels in  Nepal,  etc. etc.

Get some corporate lobbyists, royalists/monarchists and religious apologists wanting to deflect attantion from their own groups equally bad contributions to mass conflicts, and watch them start inflating the numbers to suit their own agendas..

So we agree. Misery can come the left or the right. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Don't forget Hitler/Nazis were left wing authoritarian state socialists...

As I have shown on the other thread... and Veya agreed that with his earlier post there when he said about 'controlling the means of production'...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Don't forget Hitler/Nazis were left wing authoritarian state socialists...

As I have shown on the other thread... and Veya agreed that with his earlier post there when he said about 'controlling the means of production'...!

Since when do you listen to Veya?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down