NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are only 3 politicians in Washington that I trust.

Go down

There are only 3 politicians in Washington that I trust.  Empty There are only 3 politicians in Washington that I trust.

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:21 am

Thomas Massie is one of them.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) sent out a tweet Friday night encouraging full funding of the Defense Department. “To ensure our military has the tools needed to complete their missions, and is able to stay one step ahead of the rest of the world, we need to fully fund the @DeptOfDefense,” Ryan wrote.

But the Speaker’s GOP colleague Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) suggested that a debate should be held to question how that spending might be used.

“Let’s have a debate and vote on whether it’s in America’s interests to continue into the 17th year of the war in Afghanistan,” Massie tweeted. “$50 billion is the cost next year! Neither Germany nor the UK spends that much on its entire military.”

https://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/foreign-policy/rep-thomas-massie-to-paul-ryan-why-dont-we-debate-the-50-billion-were-spending-in-afghanistan-next-year/?utm_source=julie-borowski&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=influencer

Nothing will happen. The Reps won't give a shit about the budget when it comes to wasteful war spending, and the Dems, well, they just whine a lot now and are mostly fucking useless.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down