NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete

4 posters

Go down

Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete Empty Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete

Post by Lurker Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 pm

If you've worked in an office, you're probably familiar with the soft glow of fluorescent tubes drifting from the ceiling. If Europe's Philips brand is right, those lamps could soon be history.
Royal Philips NV, the Dutch consumer appliances giant, said Thursday that it has developed an LED light that will soon be far more efficient than the best fluorescents on the market. That should make it cheaper and greener, as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/philips-targets-office-market-led-light-18929940
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete Empty Re: Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete

Post by DrSchool Thu May 16, 2013 4:26 am

My LED (iinno-led.com) are better than Philips. In my house I replaced all my florescent tubes with LED. My previous energy consumption for lighting was at 80W for my living room, 40W for my bedroom and 20W for my bathroom. Now after switching to LED I'm at 15W for my living room, 10W for my bedroom and 7W in my bathroom.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete Empty Re: Fluorescent Tube Lighting Becoming Obsolete

Post by DrSchool Mon May 27, 2013 2:43 pm

By the way, the link just goes to abc international
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Looks like ABC took the story down or moved it.

Here you go:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/philips-led-light-bulb-lightbulb_n_3060614.html

Last edited by Lurker on Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue May 28, 2013 6:10 am

Thx. 60 $ for a led hulb? Thats crazy. Plus it looks goofy. Fuck philips, they go around buying every patent having to do with led, even if it isn't related to their lights, just so they can control as much of the led market as possible and put smaller companis like mine out of business. They are bastards and so is GE. Plus the govt helps themboth out as well, which is unfair for us smaller businesses. So don't buy philips or GE products (unless you are a douche bag)
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Lurker wrote:
If you've worked in an office, you're probably familiar with the soft glow of fluorescent tubes drifting from the ceiling. If Europe's Philips brand is right, those lamps could soon be history.
Royal Philips NV, the Dutch consumer appliances giant, said Thursday that it has developed an LED light that will soon be far more efficient than the best fluorescents on the market. That should make it cheaper and greener, as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/philips-targets-office-market-led-light-18929940
not a fan of fluorescent lights myself so any change is for the good. Any change has to be better than the deadly green bulbs that have been promoted so far.
$60 for a light may well put some people off though
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down