NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics

4 posters

Go down

Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics Empty Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Swedish and Chinese scientists have developed a new kind of organic solar cell that has been optimized to convert ambient indoor light into electricity.

The power they produce is low, but is probably enough to feed the millions of products that the internet of things will bring online.

As the internet of things expands, it is expected that we will need to have millions of products online, both in public spaces and in homes. Many of these will be the multitude of sensors to detect and measure moisture, particle concentrations, temperature and other parameters. For this reason, the demand for small and cheap sources of renewable energy is increasing rapidly, in order to reduce the need for frequent and expensive battery replacements.

This is where organic solar cells come in. Not only are they flexible, cheap to manufacture and suitable to manufacture as large surfaces in a printing press, they have one further advantage: the light-absorbing layer consists of a mixture of donor and acceptor materials, which gives considerable flexibility in tuning the solar cells such that they are optimized for different spectra—for light of different wavelengths.

Researchers in Beijing and Linköping, led by Jianhui Hou and Feng Gao, have now developed a new combination of donor and acceptor materials, with a carefully determined composition, to be used as the active layer in an organic solar cell. The combination absorbs exactly the wavelengths of light that surround us in our living rooms, at the library and in the supermarket.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/solar-cells-can-generate-electricity-from-home-lighting/

Back to top Go down

Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics Empty Re: Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:18 am

Basketball

I'm not sure that the author of that article has quite got the grasp of the concept of "renewable" energy sources...

What these new developments in the article are actually accomplishing here is the catching/trapping of energy that is otherwise 'wasted' in the form of light and heat, and effectively reusing/recycling that energy to repower low-power use appliances --  it could possibly also recharge phones, tablets and laptops, with a battery as an intermediate power store..

As such, this particular innovation isn't reliable on "renewable" energy sources --  but rather is a means of power saving, via using otherwise "wasted" energies.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics Empty Re: Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm

'Wolfie wrote:Basketball

I'm not sure that the author of that article has quite got the grasp of the concept of "renewable" energy sources...

What these new developments in the article are actually accomplishing here is the catching/trapping of energy that is otherwise 'wasted' in the form of light and heat, and effectively reusing/recycling that energy to repower low-power use appliances --  it could possibly also recharge phones, tablets and laptops, with a battery as an intermediate power store..

As such, this particular innovation isn't reliable on "renewable" energy sources --  but rather is a means of power saving, via using otherwise "wasted" energies.

I agree.  Years ago it was established that there was no such thing as a perpetual motion machine.  One can't renew the energy.

What this is doing is making more efficient use of the energy as it passes through our lives...which is pretty good, as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:04 am

Original Quill wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:Basketball

I agree.  Years ago it was established that there was no such thing as a perpetual motion machine.  One can't renew the energy.

What this is doing is making more efficient use of the energy as it passes through our lives...which is pretty good, as well.

You two need to get a room.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Cool

And you need to get an education...

Instead of so lavishly lapping up your 'Cato Institute' bullshit and fantasies..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:10 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I was thinking the same about you and didge. He's kissing your ass in the deep place, tryin' to groom you for his buddy. He's feelin' a bit insecure and needs your strong back, and weak mind, to support him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was thinking the same about you and didge.  He's kissing your ass in the deep place, tryin' to groom you for his buddy.  He's feelin' a bit insecure and needs your strong back, and weak mind, to support him.

Nah, we dont get along like you two. It would never work between Didge and I.

You two have something special going on. Dont waste this chance for happiness.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Wow so I post an article and make no futher comments and Quill is yet again obsessed and paranoid with me.

I guess he is clearly feeling insecure since I stopped engaging him in debate,. Mainly as he acts like a baby.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:36 pm

I hear they might be getting Married soon,what can we buy them ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:53 am

nicko wrote:I hear they might be getting Married soon,what can we buy them ?
Arrow

I already know what to get you and Freddie,  nicko...

A matching pair of shotguns..
Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics 4294841972 Indoor Solar Cells That Can Generate Electricity From Home Lighting Could Power All Our Everyday Electronics 4294841972

And the mobility scooters to shoot from.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:00 am

Can you make sure you get me "Purdy's" and a life sized effigy of you ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 am

nicko wrote:Can you make sure you get me "Purdy's" and a life sized effigy of you ?
Cool

Could make it a '3D' style target...

And you, Fred & co. can all shoot at it together..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down