NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

4 posters

Go down

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges. Empty Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am

Adam Kokesh, longtime anarcho-libertarian activist who first came to public prominence with Iraq Veterans Against the War in 2007 and was later a big Ron Paul supporter, today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency. He is hoping for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

He also had his RV pulled over twice by Texas police, and was arrested the second time.

A video of the second pullover that led to the arrest can be found on Facebook (and is embedded below). It shows highway patrol officers instructing Kokesh to shut off his camera at the point a police dog, off-camera, was said to have "alerted" to the RV. Kokesh was pulled over for driving 74 in a 65 zone, according to one officer in the video.

According to the Texas ACLU, the police do not have the right to demand a citizen stop videotaping willy-nilly though they have the loophole I'm sure they'd summon here regarding "truly interfering with legitimate law enforcement operations." The ACLU notes that "Professional officers, however, realize that such operations are subject to public scrutiny, including by citizens photographing them."

https://reason.com/blog/2018/01/16/adam-kokesh-arrested-on-drug-charges-wit

Getting arrested for the devils lettuce definitely increases his odds of getting the nomination.

And I know everyone is saying "who is this guy"?

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges. Empty Re: Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

Post by Cass Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 am

Maddog wrote:Adam Kokesh, longtime anarcho-libertarian activist who first came to public prominence with Iraq Veterans Against the War in 2007 and was later a big Ron Paul supporter, today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency. He is hoping for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

He also had his RV pulled over twice by Texas police, and was arrested the second time.

A video of the second pullover that led to the arrest can be found on Facebook (and is embedded below). It shows highway patrol officers instructing Kokesh to shut off his camera at the point a police dog, off-camera, was said to have "alerted" to the RV. Kokesh was pulled over for driving 74 in a 65 zone, according to one officer in the video.

According to the Texas ACLU, the police do not have the right to demand a citizen stop videotaping willy-nilly though they have the loophole I'm sure they'd summon here regarding "truly interfering with legitimate law enforcement operations." The ACLU notes that "Professional officers, however, realize that such operations are subject to public scrutiny, including by citizens photographing them."

Getting arrested for the devils lettuce definitely increases his odds of getting the nomination.

Not really to both of your statements. We already have a cognitive impaired toddler in chiefwe don’t need another one.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges. Empty Re: Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 am

Sounds like a righteous bust, unless anyone can point to any anomalies.

When was the pull-over, I wonder...could be months ago. The article conspicuously doesn't say. We also don't know when was the report of him being in jail. That could also be months ago. Perhaps the two are not related.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:Adam Kokesh, longtime anarcho-libertarian activist who first came to public prominence with Iraq Veterans Against the War in 2007 and was later a big Ron Paul supporter, today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency. He is hoping for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

Not really to both of your statements. We already have a cognitive impaired toddler in chiefwe don’t need another one.

I was sorta kidding, but I said nomination. That's far different than winning an election.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 am

Original Quill wrote:Sounds like a righteous bust, unless anyone can point to any anomalies.

When was the pull-over, I wonder...could be months ago.  The article conspicuously doesn't say.  We also don't know when was the report of him being in jail.  That could also be months ago.  Perhaps the two are not related.

I'm sure Adam had pot. It happened like 2 days ago.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Razz

An "anarcho-Libertarian" nominating for party pre-selection for the next Presidential race must be on drugs to believe that he has any chance against the two major parties...

Pretty much 'par for the course', in that case..

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges. 1942856362
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

I was sorta kidding, but I said nomination.  That's far different than winning an election.  

After this last lot, I think it will just be easier to say no right in the very beginning.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Sounds like a righteous bust, unless anyone can point to any anomalies.

When was the pull-over, I wonder...could be months ago.  The article conspicuously doesn't say.  We also don't know when was the report of him being in jail.  That could also be months ago.  Perhaps the two are not related.

I'm sure Adam had pot.  It happened like 2 days ago.  

Why doesn't the article say that, then?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm sure Adam had pot.  It happened like 2 days ago.  

The article is dated January 16. 2018. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The article is dated January 16.  2018.   Wink

The article has a date, but it doesn't give dates of events. Pay attention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The article is dated January 16.  2018.   Wink

The article has a date, but it doesn't give dates of events.  Pay attention.

"today filed"

From the dated article.

I'm pretty sure you're illiterate.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Quit playing dumb. Read about the other incident...the one they are trying to correlate:

Reason wrote:He also had his RV pulled over twice by Texas police, and was arrested the second time.

I don't see a date there. Why is it in the story?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:Quit playing dumb.  Read about the other incident...the one they are trying to correlate:

Reason wrote:He also had his RV pulled over twice by Texas police, and was arrested the second time.

I don't see a date there.  Why is it in the story?

Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

He was arrested after he filed the papers, which was today.

Do you think he may have been arrested tomorrow? tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Quit playing dumb.  Read about the other incident...the one they are trying to correlate:

I don't see a date there.  Why is it in the story?

Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges.

Phony shit. It happened at two different times.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Phony shit.  It happened at two different times.
It happened at two different times on the same day. The day the article was published. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Phony shit.  It happened at two different times.
It happened at two different times on the same day.  The day the article was published.  Wink

Why doesn't the article say that? And no, it doesn't. It could be all the same day, I admit, but if you're looking for holes in the story--and who isn't, when checking alt.right news--this is one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:
It happened at two different times on the same day.  The day the article was published.  Wink

Why doesn't the article say that?  And no, it doesn't.  It could be all the same day, I admit, but if you're looking for holes in the story--and who isn't, when checking alt.right news--this is one.

It's not alt right news.

The article states that all events happened the day the article was published.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why doesn't the article say that?  And no, it doesn't.  It could be all the same day, I admit, but if you're looking for holes in the story--and who isn't, when checking alt.right news--this is one.

It's not alt right news.

Quote it! I'll wait...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Razz

An "anarcho-Libertarian" nominating for party pre-selection for the next Presidential race must be on drugs to believe that he has any chance against the two major parties...

Pretty much 'par for the course', in that case..

Kokesh Filed Papers Seeking the Libertarian Presidential Nomination. Then He Was Arrested on Drug Charges. 1942856362

True. He has no chance to win the whole thing, but I guess he has a decent shot at the Libertarian nomination.

Johnson isn't running again.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not alt right news.

Quote it!  I'll wait...

Adam Kokesh, longtime anarcho-libertarian activist who first came to public prominence with Iraq Veterans Against the War in 2007 and was later a big Ron Paul supporter, today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency. He is hoping for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:53 pm

Told ya.  Two different paragraphs, talking about two different things:

First paragraph, talking about filing for political office:

...today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency.

Second paragraph, talking about police pulling a vehicle over:

He also had his RV pulled over twice by Texas police...

No express or implied connection between the two paragraphs.  Old courtroom trick.  Interject a conjunction--"also"--but don't specifically say what is conjoined. The stop could have happened six weeks ago.

Sure as hell wouldn't let that guy write any contracts.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:Told ya.  Two different paragraphs, talking about two different things:

...today filed the paperwork necessary to officially seek the U.S. presidency.

Second paragraph, talking about police pulling a vehicle over.

No express or implied connection between the two paragraphs.  Old courtroom trick.  Interject a conjunction--"also"--but don't specifically say what is conjoined.

Ben Farmer, the Kokesh campaign's chief strategist, says in an email that "we don't know any more than you do at this time about the charges or the circumstances of his arrest. We do find it suspicious that Adam was pulled over twice within an hour of formally announcing his candidacy for President. Particularly, since he just came off of a 4 month, cross-country tour in the same vehicle without being pulled over once the entire time."

Read the fucking article dumbass. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Told ya.  Two different paragraphs, talking about two different things:

Second paragraph, talking about police pulling a vehicle over.

No express or implied connection between the two paragraphs.  Old courtroom trick.  Interject a conjunction--"also"--but don't specifically say what is conjoined.

Ben Farmer, the Kokesh campaign's chief strategist, says in an email that "we don't know any more than you do at this time about the charges or the circumstances of his arrest. We do find it suspicious that Adam was pulled over twice within an hour of formally announcing his candidacy for President. Particularly, since he just came off of a 4 month, cross-country tour in the same vehicle without being pulled over once the entire time."

You read it, Red.  You're just side-stepping, interjecting a third element.  1) The filing.  2) The pull over.  3) The announcement.  I sure as hell hope you don't have to write any contracts in your business. You suck at interpreting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You read it, Red.  You're just side-stepping, interjecting a third element.  1) The filing.  2) The pull over.  3) The announcement.  I sure as hell hope you don't have to write any contracts in your business.  You suck at interpreting.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:59 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You read it, Red.  You're just side-stepping, interjecting a third element.  1) The filing.  2) The pull over.  3) The announcement.  I sure as hell hope you don't have to write any contracts in your business.  You suck at interpreting.

Blah...blah...blah...  You got the same problem.  Your article does not connect up the incidents.  That's a form of lying, that the alt.right does all the time.

You're falling for it...or you're a part of it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Blah...blah...blah...  You got the same problem.  Your article does not connect up the incidents.  That's a form of lying, that the alt.right does all the time.

You're falling for it...or you're a part of it.

"Within an hour"
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down