NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump

+2
Cass
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  Empty Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Democrat Patty Schachtner won a special election for a state Senate seat in Wisconsin on Tuesday, scoring a huge upset victory for her party in a district that Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon handily captured just over a year ago.

It was the latest in a string of election victories for Democrats since Trump took office, and a sign of hope for the party that the energy from the base and frustration with the president could lead to more wins in November.

With every precinct counted, The Washington Post reported that Schachtner, the chief medical examiner for St. Croix County, won by 9 percentage points.

Republican Sheila Harsdorf had held the seat since 2001, but she left in November to become Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s agriculture secretary. In 2016, Harsdorf won re-election by 26 percentage points, and Trump beat Democratic rival Hillary Clinton by 17 points. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney won the district in 2012.

“This campaign was about investing in people and revitalizing our area, whether that is making sure that every Wisconsinite has access to affordable health care, funding our public schools, technical colleges and UW campuses, or investing in good-paying jobs right here in Western Wisconsin,” Schachtner said in a statement. “Tonight, voters showed that they share those priorities, and I am deeply grateful for their support.”
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  Empty Re: Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump

Post by Cass Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Go Cheeseheads!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  Empty Re: Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Where’s ya link? Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  479860004

That cop emoji is great! Why have I never seen that before?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm

eddie wrote:
Where’s ya link? Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  479860004

Idea

Obviously not paying close attention there, eddie...

I've used that Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  479860004 smiley a few times on here..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Idea

I've used that  Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  479860004   smiley a few times on here..

I like it! It makes me feel all superior. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:20 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Idea

I've used that  Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  479860004   smiley a few times on here..

I like it! It makes me feel all superior. Cool

It is a good mod tool. Sends a message. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm

November may bring a sad day for republicans. They better get everything they want done in the next year, because they probably lose the Senate. Then it's back to divided government which ain't bad. Legislation pretty much grinds to a halt.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Maddog wrote:November may bring a sad day for republicans.  They better get everything they want done in the next year, because they probably lose the Senate.  Then it's back to divided government which ain't bad.  Legislation pretty much grinds to a halt.  

I reckon they will also lose the House, what with all the resignations.  These are Republicans calculating their chances, and they ain't good.

Furthermore, nothing gets done in an election year.  The time is devoted to campaigning, and what's more, the candidates are afraid to make a move that could piss off voters.

If the House and Senate turn over, impeachment proceedings will start on the president.  Impeachment will have to be directed at Pence too, as he was head of the transition committee when Sally Yeats informed him that Flynn was working with the Russians. Pence did nothing, indicating he was involved in the conspiracy.

By then, Nancy Pelosi will be speaker, and she will move up to the presidency.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:November may bring a sad day for republicans.  They better get everything they want done in the next year, because they probably lose the Senate.  Then it's back to divided government which ain't bad.  Legislation pretty much grinds to a halt.  

I reckon they will also lose the House, what with all the resignations.  These are Republicans calculating their chances, and they ain't good.

Furthermore, nothing gets done in an election year.  The time is devoted to campaigning, and what's more, the candidates are afraid to make a move that could piss off voters.

If the House and Senate turn over, impeachment proceedings will start on the president.  Impeachment will have to be directed at Pence too, as he was head of the transition committee when Sally Yeats informed him that Flynn was working with the Russians.  Pence did nothing, indicating he was involved in the conspiracy.

You do have a vivid imagination. How will Pelosi be president if California leaves the union and is being led by Presidente Quill? Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If the House and Senate turn over, impeachment proceedings will start on the president.  Impeachment will have to be directed at Pence too, as he was head of the transition committee when Sally Yeats informed him that Flynn was working with the Russians.  Pence did nothing, indicating he was involved in the conspiracy.

You do have a vivid imagination.  How will Pelosi be president if California leaves the union and is being led by Presidente Quill? Rolling Eyes

California won't go if the above wish-list comes through. The primary motive for separation is the Republican Party. If they are kicked out, that will take all the wind out of the sails of the separatist movement.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You do have a vivid imagination.  How will Pelosi be president if California leaves the union and is being led by Presidente Quill? Rolling Eyes

California won't go if the above wish-list comes through. The primary motive for separation is the Republican Party.  If they are kicked out, that will take all the wind out of the sails of the separatist movement.

Thanks for clearing that up. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Hey Ben, do you ever read the bullshit Quill posts? If so, how can you ban the Daily Wire with a straight face?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Maddog wrote:Hey Ben, do you ever read the bullshit Quill posts? If so, how can you ban the Daily Wire with a straight face?  

Laughing Ben: he was an abused child. Pay him no mind. Sleep

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Hey Ben, do you ever read the bullshit Quill posts? If so, how can you ban the Daily Wire with a straight face?  

Laughing  Ben: he was an abused child.  Pay him no mind. Sleep

Well, maybe I can move to the new country you are founding and get free mental care. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:55 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing  Ben: he was an abused child.  Pay him no mind. Sleep

Well, maybe I can move to the new country you are founding and get free mental care. tongue

Umm...nah.  We are going to be quite selective.  We'll be administering redneck exclusion tests. After all, that's the whole point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 am

Okay, not to get into the squabble, but my only interest is in restricting sites that have proven they don't care about the truth. Every comment to a story is ... commentary, right? Commentary doesn't have to be factual (although I think it should be).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Okay, not to get into the squabble, but my only interest is in restricting sites that have proven they don't care about the truth. Every comment to a story is ... commentary, right? Commentary doesn't have to be factual (although I think it should be).

That's kind of twisted logic.

Do you want only facts or do you want people to be allowed to give their opinions?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Do you want only facts or do you want people to be allowed to give their opinions?

I'm posting something up about it right now.

Trust me, I've earned a profit for decades doing this in a private-sector industry that has been given zero government hand-outs and is in fact despised by the government. I'm your wet dream, dude.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Trust me, I've earned a profit for decades doing this in a private-sector industry that has been given zero government hand-outs and is in fact despised by the government. I'm your wet dream, dude.

My wet dream can rock some high heels and a black cocktail dress. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

My wet dream can rock some high heels and a black cocktail dress. tongue

Then it really depends on how you feel about long, sexy beards.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

I don't know, Maddog. Here you're trying to censor creative ideas, whereas he's trying to rid the site of excess trash. Seems to me there's a vast difference.

You live under a redneck ceiling, a low threshold for different ideas. If you had your way, the earth would still be flat. That's as bad as tolerating the unsubstantiated ideas of alt.right invention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Idea

News Flash !!!

Maddog states that "alt.right" is fake news !!!

tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

News Flash  !!!

Maddog states that "alt.right"  is fake news  !!!

tongue

Smile

Correction to previous news flash :

Maddog stated that the suggestion of "alt.right" is fake news..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

News Flash  !!!

tongue

Smile

Correction to previous news flash  :

What a Face

Correction to previous correction to former news flash :

It is rumoured that a mad dog suggested the existence of an "alt.right" was fake news..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Smile

Correction to previous news flash  :

What a Face

It is rumoured that a mad dog suggested the existence of an "alt.right" was fake news..

Suspect

Legal Advice Caveat to Correction to Previous Corrections, et al :

Following recommendations from our corporate lawyers/grounds maintenance staff/tea ladies, it should be clarified that all and any rumours of mad dogs, alt.news and fake news are mostly hearsay, and furthermore it is company policy that all care is taken but no responsibility accepted, re the truth or otherwise behind the "facts" underlying said "news" reports..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 pm

News Flash  !!!

tongue

The alt right is not news, it's a political position like say Neocon.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I don't know, Maddog.  Here you're trying to censor creative ideas, whereas he's trying to rid the site of excess trash.  Seems to me there's a vast difference.

You live under a redneck ceiling, a low threshold for different ideas.  If you had your way, the earth would still be flat.  That's as bad as tolerating the unsubstantiated ideas of alt.right invention.

I'm just trying to help Ben make sure members are only exposed to facts. You are one of the greatest spreaders of falsehoods and I'm just fulfilling my Amercan duty when I call you out. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't know, Maddog.  Here you're trying to censor creative ideas, whereas he's trying to rid the site of excess trash.  Seems to me there's a vast difference.

You live under a redneck ceiling, a low threshold for different ideas.  If you had your way, the earth would still be flat.  That's as bad as tolerating the unsubstantiated ideas of alt.right invention.

I'm just trying to help Ben make sure members are only exposed to facts.  You are one of the greatest spreaders of falsehoods and I'm just fulfilling my Amercan duty when I call you out. Cool

Yet, you have no answers.  You play yipper dog and try to nip at the heels of those taller than you, but in the end, it's just yip, yip, yip.

You're not a systematic thinker, Red.  If you had a plan--even a perspective--you could contribute something.  But alas, you're just a disgruntled lap dog.

But talk about you is just as boring as talk about me.  Stop trying to tell others what to say, and get back to the topic.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Gov. Rick Walker told Republicans to 'wake up', after this latest Republican defeat:

The Hill wrote:Scott Walker warns GOP to ‘wake up’ after Dems flip deep-red Wisconsin district
BY REBECCA SAVRANSKY - 01/17/18 07:49 AM EST

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) warned Republicans to "wake up" after Democrats flipped a state Senate seat in a GOP-leaning district.

"Senate District 10 special election win by a Democrat is a wake up call for Republicans in Wisconsin," Walker tweeted.

"WAKE UP CALL: Can’t presume that voters know we are getting positive things done in Wisconsin. Help us share the good news."

Wisconsin?  Alabama?  Virginia?  New Jersey?  The writing on the wall is as clear as day. It looks to be a landslide in November.

The problem with the Republicans is they play at the fringes. But as soon as they get to center stage, they head straight to the pig trough. RW is for special interests; only the LW serves the general interest.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
What a Face

Suspect

Following recommendations from our corporate lawyers/grounds maintenance staff/tea ladies, it should be clarified that all and any rumours of mad dogs, alt.news and fake news are mostly hearsay, and furthermore it is company policy that all care is taken but no responsibility accepted, re the truth or otherwise behind the "facts" underlying said "news" reports..

Basketball

Addendum:  Re:  Advice  Re:  Corrections...

After subsequent discussions with our most honourable comrade Union Delegates, it is furthermore decided that any and all spurious attempts to destabilise or disenfranchise or disavow, any responsible reporting from our most noble and fearless reporters, in respect to our dilligent reporting on matters pertaining to alt.news, fake news and "alternative facts" tomfoolery, it shall be regarded as a corporatist, fascist and/or statist conspiracy to deligitimise the truth of these assertions.  Viva le Revolucion  !

This has been a Public Service Announcement on behalf of The Barking Mad News Fixers Collective;
No further correspondence shall be entered into.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Suspect

Basketball

Addendum:  Re:  Advice  Re:  Corrections...

After subsequent discussions with our most honourable comrade Union Delegates, it is furthermore decided that any and all spurious attempts to destabilise or disenfranchise or disavow, any responsible reporting from our most noble and fearless reporters, in respect to our dilligent reporting on matters pertaining to alt.news, fake news and "alternative facts" tomfoolery, it shall be regarded as a corporatist, fascist and/or statist conspiracy to deligitimise the truth of these assertions.  Viva le Revolucion  !

This has been a Public Service Announcement on behalf of The Barking Mad News Fixers Collective;
No further correspondence shall be entered into.

Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  1763903427

Emergency Update re: Advices, re: Corrections, re: "Fake News" :

A weird, loopy mad dog entered my yard,  ate my notes, pissed up against the wall, and barked at the cat;   so that's the end of that fearless reporting...

So I had no choice but to shoot him  (The rabid dog, that is --  not the cat...

And then the cat pee'd on his mangy corpse.

Way past my bedtime now, anyways..
Democrats win another seat that was safely Republican - before Trump  2097912929
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm just trying to help Ben make sure members are only exposed to facts.  You are one of the greatest spreaders of falsehoods and I'm just fulfilling my Amercan duty when I call you out. Cool

Yet, you have no answers.  You play yipper dog and try to nip at the heels of those taller than you, but in the end, it's just yip, yip, yip.

You're not a systematic thinker, Red.  If you had a plan--even a perspective--you could contribute something.  But alas, you're just a disgruntled lap dog.

But talk about you is just as boring as talk about me.  Stop trying to tell others what to say, and get back to the topic.

Well, thankfully the world has you and your plans. Suspect
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, thankfully the world has you and your plans. Suspect

Yip, yip, yip.

Anything else?

Guess not. That's what I mean, Red. Your not discussing, nor even arguing. You're just being belligerent.

Have you ever had an original thought, Red? You're very much like Trump...if you don't have someone to fight with, your cognition shuts down. Try some original ideas...if you can.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down