NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown

3 posters

Go down

Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown Empty Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown

Post by Guest Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am

The Government will today hand banks a secret list of illegal migrants suspected of hiding in the UK and order that their accounts be closed in a bid to force them out of the country.

Writing for the first time since her appointment in today's Daily Telegraph, Caroline Nokes, the new immigration minister, says she will not "turn a blind eye" to people who abuse the system because they drive down wages and put pressure on public services.

It is a significant extension of Theresa May's plan to crack down on illegal immigration and make it difficult for people without a visa to build a life in the UK following the introduction of similar measures for landlords.

The Home Office hopes to catch over 6,000 illegal immigrants with British bank accounts in the first year, an impact assessment revealed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/12/banks-handed-secret-list-illegal-immigrants-ordered-close-accounts/

Back to top Go down

Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown Empty Re: Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown

Post by nicko Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 am

Good luck with that !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown Empty Re: Banks handed secret list of illegal immigrants and ordered to close their accounts in Government crackdown

Post by magica Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 am

About time, but I won't hold my breath.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm

I may be confused, but in my day the word "illegal" meant "unlawful", and that anyone conducting, or involved in, illegal activities of any description faced the serious risk of having his or her collar felt by a good old fashioned plod like my dear late brother who would never, in a million years, have allowed some politically correct twerp to obstruct him in the execution of his duties.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down