NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online dating, how would you describe yourself?

+6
eddie
nicko
Maddog
HoratioTarr
Cass
Syl
10 posters

Go down

Online dating, how would you describe yourself? Empty Online dating, how would you describe yourself?

Post by Syl Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

For a bit of fun...
Online dating is now one of the most popular ways to meet someone, so IF you were available and looking for lurvve, how would you list your good points in order to attract a potential partner?

Would you be honest?...would you post a pic or prefer to let your personality do the talking?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Online dating, how would you describe yourself? Empty Re: Online dating, how would you describe yourself?

Post by Cass Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Oh hell to the no. Nope. Nada. No way. Nein. Non. Nyet.

I just would never ever do it.

But in the spirit of fun. Be honest. And yes post a picture.

Librarian, animal lover, terrific cook, sensual, sarcastic/ironic and dark sense of humor, flaky Aquarian, rock and heavy metal and Beethoven chick, will watch sports but not play them, travel freak, history buff, Green Bay/Yankees fan so Patriots/Red Socks fans don’t even bother applying.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Online dating, how would you describe yourself? Empty Re: Online dating, how would you describe yourself?

Post by Syl Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Love it /\ Laughing

I would never ever do it either Cass, even if I was single, but its fun working out how best to describe oneself.

I would post a pic...I would also be honest...I am going to have a think about  how best to describe myself without scaring everyone away. What a Face

I bet this is one of those threads the men will steer clear of. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 pm

I met my husband on line. We've been together for 10 years.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:45 pm

My ex met her current husband on line. I have never joined a site but checked out the goods on them. I think it's a fairly good idea. You can weed through a lot of people that way.

I know they make things up, but there are certain comments they make that would make me not even waste my time. Also, if they had pictures of like 4 different cats, it would be nope, nope, nope.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Cass wrote:Oh hell to the no. Nope. Nada. No way. Nein. Non. Nyet.

Librarian, animal lover, terrific cook, sensual, sarcastic/ironic and dark sense of humor, flaky Aquarian, rock and heavy metal and Beethoven chick, will watch sports but not play them, travel freak, history buff, Green Bay/Yankees fan so Patriots/Red Socks fans don’t even bother applying.

Yankees? Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Maddog, what's wrong with pussies?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm

nicko wrote:Maddog,    what's wrong with pussies?

One is enough. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Always be honest. You can never go wrong with honesty.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Strong, opinionated, independent lady with great sense of humour seeks interesting company for laughs only. love comedies hate horrors. Love being a Gemini. I'm the angel and the devil in one so you need to have your wits about you. Apply if you dare!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 pm

gelico wrote:

Strong, opinionated, independent lady with great sense of humour seeks interesting company for laughs only.  love comedies hate horrors.  Love being a Gemini.  I'm the angel and the devil in one so you need to have your wits about you.  Apply if you dare!

I bet you would get responses from men who love a challenge. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Strong, opinionated, independent lady with great sense of humour seeks interesting company for laughs only.  love comedies hate horrors.  Love being a Gemini.  I'm the angel and the devil in one so you need to have your wits about you.  Apply if you dare!

My current GF blew me off for about 6 years. No one like a challenge more than me. I love you
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I met my husband on line.  We've been together for 10 years.

Was it a dating site?

I had a friend who met somoeone on a dating site. She joined a couple of years after her husband suddenly passed away, she was lonely and wasn't meeting anyone new, so she joined this site and hooked up with him almost immediately.

In my opinion he was a con man, they stayed together a few months, in the end he went back to his estranged wife....at least thats what he told her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Apparently, re photos on dating sites, men like women who are smiling, and if they are outdoors, that for some reason appeals. scratch

I wouuld descrribe myself as a woman of a certain age who enjoys life, easy going, quite shy yet sociable and friendly, artistic, loves dining out, quizzes, enjoys family, good sense of humour, and would like to meet a man with similar traits who still has a twinkle in his eye, Online dating, how would you describe yourself? 202592697

Dour old farts need not respond. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 am

That’s great. I’ve known 2 other long term couples who met online. One met through a music chat group, one day though an expat chat group. More power to you.

Please don’t think I’m rude, but we’re you married before? I seem to remember a wedding photograph that you posted where I thought you were stunning and your hair amazing, but it seemed to be an older photo.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:Oh hell to the no. Nope. Nada. No way. Nein. Non. Nyet.

Yankees?  Shocked

Yes. Problem?

Born in the Midwest, grew up in Texas/Connecticut/England.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 am

Syl wrote:

Was it a dating site?

I had a friend who met somoeone on a dating site. She joined a couple of years after her husband suddenly passed away, she was lonely and wasn't meeting anyone new, so she joined this site and hooked up with him almost immediately.

In my opinion he was a con man, they stayed together a few months, in the end he went back to his estranged wife....at least thats what he told her.

Ive seen so many people fall victim to this which is why I would pretty much avoid them
like the plague. The few I’ve seen successful are still going strong.

I liked yours too. Dour old farts indeed Razz
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 am

gelico wrote:

Yeah. Takes a good man to handle the many personalities of us Gemini's. We are at least eight women in one. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Yeah. Takes a good man to handle the many personalities of us Gemini's. We are at least eight women in one. Cool

Senior junior is one. I’m going with at least 12 different personalities.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 am

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

Was it a dating site?

Ive seen so many people fall victim to this which is why I would pretty much avoid them

I call it the Victor Meldrew syndrome Cass...so many men seem to fall into it when they reach a certain age.

Obviously in my day dating sites were not an option, but I do see how they can open up your social circle if you are looking for a partner,
Not for me though even if I was looking...and Im not, it was just a fun thread. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Senior junior is one. I’m going with at least 12 different personalities.

Yeah. I can do that within an hour on a good (bad?) day. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:09 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:

I call it the Victor Meldrew syndrome Cass...so many men seem to fall into it when they reach a certain age.

Obviously in my day dating sites were not an option, but I do see how they can open up your social circle if you are looking for a partner,
Not for me though even if I was looking...and Im not, it was just a fun thread. Laughing

Quite right on both points Syl. I sometimes catch Mr. C saying well we’re nearly fifty...and I actually say ok Victor lol!

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am

In my humble opinion, and also personally, relationships work far better if you start off as the very best of friends.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 am

eddie wrote:In my humble opinion, and also personally, relationships work far better if you start off as the very best of friends.

Ideally yes, but oftentimes lust gets in the way of sensible thoughts...if when that fades a bit, and it always does...you find out you actually really like that person too, thats a lovely bonus. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 am

eddie wrote:In my humble opinion, and also personally, relationships work far better if you start off as the very best of friends.

Very good friends yes, but not necessarily best friends. I think different interests are good in a healthy relationship.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:53 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Online dating, how would you describe yourself? 4183205388
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am

G'Day

Swarve and sofistikated,  "salt of the earth",  knockabout Aussie bloke;
Quietly spoken, kind to animals and little ol' grannies, gentle natured...

Seeks like-minded, down to earth, nature loving sheila;
Must like bees and trees, not scared of spiders and snakes..

Vegans, urban princesses and golddiggers need not apply.

geek

https://goo.gl/images/itjWvW
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am

Cass wrote:

That’s great. I’ve known 2 other long term couples who met online. One met through a music chat group, one day though an expat chat group. More power to you.

Please don’t think I’m rude, but we’re you married before? I seem to remember a wedding photograph that you posted where I thought you were stunning and your hair amazing, but it seemed to be an older photo.

Yes, I've been married before.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:

Thanks for answering. I honestly thought I was beginning to see things.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Cass wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Thanks for answering. I honestly thought I was beginning to see things.

I remember the photo you mean Cass...it was on the 'Then and now' thread I think.

You, HT and me posted pics of our wedding day. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm

I would say I'm beautiful, skinny, 30 years old,

What a disappointment I will be when he meets me haha

Actually I'd never go one one of those dating lines, my hub won't like it Online dating, how would you describe yourself? 3296370939 Online dating, how would you describe yourself? 3201073460
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

My current GF blew me off for about 6 years. No one like a challenge more than me. I love you

Wow... only getting 'blow off' for the first 6 years...!?

Must have been a really 'hard' time for you...!

lol!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wow... only getting 'blow off' for the first 6 years...!?

Must have been a really 'hard' time for you...!

lol!

Laughing

Don't quit your day job. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Well... i thought it was funny...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am

''Nagging, judgemental, clingy, sarky, and very rude to waiters in restaurants''. Twisted Evil

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:G'Day

Swarve and sofistikated,  "salt of the earth",  knockabout Aussie bloke;
Quietly spoken, kind to animals and little ol' grannies, gentle natured...

Seeks like-minded, down to earth, nature loving sheila;
Must like bees and trees, not scared of spiders and snakes..

Vegans, urban princesses and golddiggers need not apply.

geek

https://goo.gl/images/itjWvW

Hahahahaha that made me laugh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down