NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu

+3
Original Quill
nicko
Vintage
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu   - Page 2 Empty 'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

'The army is carrying out the government's racist policy that violates basic human rights,' 63 teens write to Netanyahu and Israeli military chief Gadi Eisenkot

A group of 63 teens have publicly declared they will refuse to be drafted into the Israel army, Yedioth Ahronoth reported on Thursday morning.

“We have decided not to take part in the occupation and oppression of the Palestinian people,” they wrote in a letter sent to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot and the defense and education ministers. “The ‘temporary’ situation has dragged on for 50 years, and we will not go on lending a hand.”

The high-schoolers criticized the government and the military in the letter. “The army is carrying out the government’s racist policy, which violates basic human rights and executes one law for Israelis and another law for Palestinians on the same territory,” they wrote.

The students also protested “intentional institutional incitement against Palestinians on both sides of the Green Line,” referring to the 1949 armistice line separating Israel from the West Bank, “and we here – draft-age boys and girls from different areas of the country and from different socioeconomic backgrounds – refuse to believe the system of incitement and to participate in the government’s arm of oppression and occupation.”

The letter called on others to reconsider being drafted, adding that intended to go around the country to recruit for their initiative.

“We refuse to be drafted and to serve in the army out of an obligation to values of peace, justice and equality, with the knowledge that there is another reality that we could create together,” they wrote. “We call on girls our age to ask themselves, will army service work toward this reality?”

The signatories include Matan Helman, 20, of Kibbutz Haogen, who is serving jail time because of his refusal to be drafted into the army.

In early December, the education ministry and the IDF announced that they were working on a plan to increase the number of draftees enlisting for combat service. Currently, enlistment rates are sinking and dropout rates stand at over 7,000 male and female soldiers annually.

read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.831626

Good on ya kids, talk to your friends and tell them the truth about what is going on. Don't let them become war criminals

Back to top Go down

'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu   - Page 2 Empty Re: 'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:38 am

Jules wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:When I saw the title of this thread I just knew it was sassy who had made it .

So what?  What's your point?

I like sassy. I dislike you!

Spoken like a 14 year old girl. Wink

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu   - Page 2 Empty Re: 'We Won't Take Part in Occupation': Dozens of Teens Refuse to Enlist in Israeli Army in Letter to Netanyahu

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 am

Maddog wrote:
Jules wrote:

Spoken like a 14 year old girl.  Wink

Cool

Typical Vicar of Dibley...

One of the nastiest pieces of garbage on here..

VoD is also Smelly's #1 supporter on NF --   that says it all,  really.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Jules wrote:

No.
Spoken candidly.
I was never candid at 14.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Didge wrote:
Jules wrote:

She and sassy have plenty of history.  Wink Wink Wink Wink

What was it you were saying about me defending Quill?
You said he could speak up for himself and did not need defending. 
Yet here you are defending someone who is capable of speaking up for herself.

As for you calling me a halfwit in the thread, perhaps we should try avoid the slippery slope of dishing out personal abuse eh?

1) Which is between each of them, or are you the new harbinger of discord?

So what does it matter if they have history?

2) Can you show me who exactly I am defending here specificallY?

Never did

3) There is no denying you are a halfwit. As who allow their feelings towards one poster. Allow them to also make you dislike this poster. I call that ignorance, at its best. As you are now realiant on decisions made by others and not yourself

4) So in conclusion, you are a halfwit and hence easily led and hateful

''Easily led''. Lololol. If only you knew. Laughing  My middle name is ''difficult'' dear.
I always go my own way, do my own thing, form my own opinions - 100%. 
''Hateful'' ? I'm not the one who sits here making dozens of threads criticising just ONE particular group.

Anyway thanks for clarifying that you  agree with gratuitous personal insults.
Your obsessive ways make you sound like the spawn of dozy neglectful halfwits yourself.
See - it's dead easy to be gratuitously insulting if we voluntarily choose to go down that path, Didge.
Enjoy!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Jules wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No.  
Spoken candidly.
I was never candid at 14.

Even to other 14 year old girls?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Jules wrote:
Didge wrote:

1) Which is between each of them, or are you the new harbinger of discord?

So what does it matter if they have history?

2) Can you show me who exactly I am defending here specificallY?

Never did

3) There is no denying you are a halfwit. As who allow their feelings towards one poster. Allow them to also make you dislike this poster. I call that ignorance, at its best. As you are now realiant on decisions made by others and not yourself

4) So in conclusion, you are a halfwit and hence easily led and hateful

''Easily led''. Lololol. If only you knew. Laughing  My middle name is ''difficult'' dear.
I always go my own way, do my own thing, form my own opinions - 100%. 
''Hateful'' ? I'm not the one who sits here making dozens of threads criticising just ONE particular group.

Anyway thanks for clarifying that you  agree with gratuitous personal insults.
Your obsessive ways make you sound like the spawn of dozy neglectful halfwits yourself.
See - it's dead easy to be gratuitously insulting if we voluntarily choose to go down that path, Didge.
Enjoy!

So you place criticism as the same as hate?

Wow

After you just admitted to acting like a child, disliking a poster, based on how they get on with someone else

Can you even tie your own shoelaces?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Jules wrote:

For a laissez-faire, freedom-loving libertarian, you are sure full of judgments. I would expect a libertarian to be more devil-may-care.

Just saying...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

For a laissez-faire, freedom-loving libertarian, you are sure full of judgments.  I would expect a libertarian to be more devil-may-care.

Just saying...

That's because you're confused.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Jules wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:When I saw the title of this thread I just knew it was sassy who had made it .

Good for you we can't all like everyone can we Laughing

Bless you in Jesus name and happy new year - I will pray it brings you much joy and peace cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Cool

Typical Vicar of Dibley...

One of the nastiest pieces of garbage on here..

VoD is also Smelly's #1 supporter on NF --   that says it all,  really.

Hi wolfie - hope you had a great new year and life is good for you - bless you .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

For a laissez-faire, freedom-loving libertarian, you are sure full of judgments.  I would expect a libertarian to be more devil-may-care.

Just saying...

Well, I thought about that, but then on reflection, I believe I'm right.  The libertarian doesn't like rules and order, no?  S/he calls it coercion.

Judgments are the pinnacle of rules and order.  So judgmentalism is the last thing you would expect from a libertarian.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Jules wrote:

Bless you in Jesus name and happy new year - I will pray it brings you much joy and peace  cheers

As this thread has strayed from the serious topic it was intended to be to something far less adult  I will add my bit.
I like you and Sassy....and sometimes I agree with what you both say and sometimes I don't.

I do notice your posts get picked apart a lot more than others do though....possibly because you march to your own drum, odd that some people get offended by that.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well, I thought about that, but then on reflection, I believe I'm right.  The libertarian doesn't like rules and order, no?  S/he calls it coercion.  

Judgments are the pinnacle of rules and order.  So judgmentalism is the last thing you would expect from a libertarian.

Blah, fucking blah.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 pm

fucking hellfire

is soy boy pussyhat quill still squealing on about baby killing??

mmmmmmmmmmmm

sounds like someone has an obsession..........or maybe a guilty conscience???

maybe his guilt at his love of baby killing, or as he likes to call it "pro choice" is manifesting itself by his lashing out at his own military???

interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Syl wrote:

Bless you in Jesus name and happy new year - I will pray it brings you much joy and peace  cheers

As this thread has strayed from the serious topic it was intended to be to something far less adult  I will add my bit.
I like you and Sassy....and sometimes I agree with what you both say and sometimes I don't.

I do notice your posts get picked apart a lot more than others do though....possibly because you march to your own drum, odd that some people get offended by that.  Rolling Eyes

yep- its okay though people are people .

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:11 am

Syl wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Our lovely resident vicar did not contribute to the topic, she only came to take a personal pop at the OP.
Which was most inappropriate - for reasons I won't go into.  elephant

There's nowt to ''pick apart'' in her posts, cos all she usually posts is  ''I agree'', underneath far right opinions.
Her ''drum''  plays the gruesome, scary  danse macabre.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 am

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Our lovely resident vicar did not contribute to the topic, she only came to take a personal pop at the OP.
Which was most inappropriate - for reasons I won't go into.  elephant

There's nowt to ''pick apart'' in her posts, cos all she usually posts is  ''I agree'', underneath far right opinions.
Her ''drum''  plays the gruesome, scary  danse macabre.

You cant really criticise her for commenting on a poster when you have done exactly the same thing in this thread. Rolling Eyes

She has her own opinions, which she is as entitled to voice as the rest of us.
I have read quite a lot of her posts where she speaks openly and honestly, so I disagree that she is just an 'I agree' sort of poster.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:47 am

RUBBISH!

My initial post was a comment on the topic!

My (accurate) comment on the vicar's behaviour, came later.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 am

Syl wrote:

yep- its okay though people are people .
Aint that the truth. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:12 am

Suspect

Sly is yet again full of her typical one-eyed partisan bullshit...

As per usual..

VoD only seems to come here for two apparent reasons :
*  to troll threads like this;   and
*  cheer on Smelly's racist diatribes, and red
his ctitics.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
fucking hellfire

mmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe his guilt at his love of baby killing, or as he likes to call it "pro choice" is manifesting itself by his lashing out at his own military???

interesting

Rolling Eyes

Only a few days ago, you were claiming that you never insulted and abused other posters on here, SmellyBumster -- and asked for me to point out any such infractions on your part...

So what would you call this latest rant above, Smelly'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:24 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
fucking hellfire

mmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting

Rolling Eyes

Only a few  days ago,  you were claiming that you never insulted and abused other posters on here, SmellyBumster --  and asked for me to point out any such infractions on your part...

So what would you call this latest rant above, Smelly'..

ive not insulted anyone

do you know what a question mark is??

this is a question mark --------------> ?

it means im asking a question, not making a statement

could your incoherent ranting at me stem from your tenuous grasp on the English language??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

Sly is yet again full of her typical one-eyed partisan bullshit...

As per usual..

VoD only seems to come here for two apparent reasons :
*  to troll threads like this;   and
*  cheer on Smelly's racist diatribes, and red
his ctitics.

Iv'e just given a red stripe for being naughty and insulting another perfectly lovely poster .

I hope you are having a good day take care .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2