NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers

+3
Cass
Maddog
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers Empty Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Amir Khan was bombarded by threats and trolling messages after he posted a picture of his Christmas tree online.
The former boxer, who is a practising Muslim, posted a photo of the tree on Instagram yesterday night, saying his three-year-old daughter would like it when she woke up.
He posted: 'While everyone's asleep, daddy put the Christmas tree up. Lamaisah's going to be happy.'
But the post led to a horrific backlash from some his followers, who posted abusive and threatening messages in response.

Some accused Khan of 'betraying' Islam, while another told Khan he should 'go to hell' for putting up the tree.
One man wrote: 'Allah is definitely judging him for that and will surely punish those who imitate the kuffar by celebrating and joining in their pagan... festivals.'

But many other followers, including a number who said they are Muslim, defended Khan's actions.
One wrote: 'A Christmas tree for his daughter doesn't mean that he's changed religions.'
Another added: 'He lives in England in a western culture where Christmas is celebrated. It's about respect just like if you we're in another country. It's for his daughter.'

In an interview last year, Bolton-born Khan said he spends every Friday afternoon at the mosque near his training camp in California.
He said the mosque was his 'favorite place to go', adding: 'I am not afraid of saying I am a Muslim.
'I think some people would be scared to say that they are Muslim, especially during the current time, but I am a proud Muslim.
'There are a lot of good Muslims out there who are against terrorism, who are against, you know, people killing each other.'
Khan was reportedly allowed separate meals from other contestants on , to make sure everything he ate was halal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5198505/Death-threat-sent-Amir-Khan-Christmas-tree-picture.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers Empty Re: Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 pm

My GF is a non or poorly practicing Muslim and she has a Christmas tree.

She also has no use for these idiots, and doesn't go to the mosque around here.

Of course they wouldn't approve of her waking up next to a heathen like me either (when I'm lucky). Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers Empty Re: Death threat sent to Amir Khan for 'betraying' Islam after posting a photo of a Christmas tree in his home to his 1.2m Instagram followers

Post by Cass Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Good grief. Some people need to get a grip.

What a lovely surprise for his daughter.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Haters, he has embraced a different culture whilst staying faithful to his own.....if only the other Muslims who preach hatred against anyone who is different to them could do the same.

Good for him, he was good in IACGMOOH too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Syl wrote:Haters, he has embraced a different culture whilst staying faithful to his own.....if only the other Muslims who preach hatred against anyone who is different to them could do the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_Celebrity...Get_Me_Out_of_Here!

I had no idea what the hell you were talking about. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Haters, he has embraced a different culture whilst staying faithful to his own.....if only the other Muslims who preach hatred against anyone who is different to them could do the same.

Don’t go to the dark side. Walk into the light Aggie. Razz
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Maddog wrote:

Well you figured it out. Cool
According to your link there is also an American version.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Amir Khan was bombarded by threats and trolling messages after he posted a picture of his Christmas tree online.
The former boxer, who is a practising Muslim, posted a photo of the tree on Instagram yesterday night, saying his three-year-old daughter would like it when she woke up.
He posted: 'While everyone's asleep, daddy put the Christmas tree up. Lamaisah's going to be happy.'
But the post led to a horrific backlash from some his followers, who posted abusive and threatening messages in response.

Some accused Khan of 'betraying' Islam, while another told Khan he should 'go to hell' for putting up the tree.
One man wrote: 'Allah is definitely judging him for that and will surely punish those who imitate the kuffar by celebrating and joining in their pagan... festivals.'

But many other followers, including a number who said they are Muslim, defended Khan's actions.
One wrote: 'A Christmas tree for his daughter doesn't mean that he's changed religions.'
Another added: 'He lives in England in a western culture where Christmas is celebrated. It's about respect just like if you we're in another country. It's for his daughter.'

In an interview last year, Bolton-born Khan said he spends every Friday afternoon at the mosque near his training camp in California.
He said the mosque was his 'favorite place to go', adding: 'I am not afraid of saying I am a Muslim.
'I think some people would be scared to say that they are Muslim, especially during the current time, but I am a proud Muslim.
'There are a lot of good Muslims out there who are against terrorism, who are against, you know, people killing each other.'
Khan was reportedly allowed separate meals from other contestants on , to make sure everything he ate was halal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5198505/Death-threat-sent-Amir-Khan-Christmas-tree-picture.html

Strictly speaking there's nowt religious about a Christmas tree anyway - apart from the prefix. tongue
Christmas trees, ivies, mistletoes, hollies - they are all secular/ pagan symbols, reflecting seasonal flora.
These symbols predate religion.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:03 pm

An Imam was talking on local radio about this, he was saying that Jesus is an esteemed prophet for Muslims, so to celebrate his birth isn't going against any Muslim belief anyway.

What a pity some people are so blinded by hate they even get their basic facts wrong.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:12 pm

It's so good to see Muslims integrating like that

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:It's so good to see Muslims integrating like that

Well....you do know that most of them do?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:An Imam was talking on local radio about this, he was saying that Jesus is an esteemed prophet for Muslims, so to celebrate his birth isn't going against any Muslim belief anyway.

What a pity some people are so blinded by hate they even get their basic facts wrong.

Ask Quill about these Muslims. They are all the same, like Mormons they all went to have teenage brides. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:It's so good to see Muslims integrating like that

Well....you do know that most of them do?

Oh yeah

I mean we almost never have any problems with the resident Muslim community.

They are well known for their love of all things western.

Lie to yourself as much as you need to eddie, don't forget your hash tag prat for........... (insert latest city to suffer from Muslim "integration" here)

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:43 am

What a load of BS

I had a Christmas tree once when I was young.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:36 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:What a load of BS

then you have committed shirk

but i take it you no longer engage in my kuffar festival??

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:17 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:What a load of BS

A Christmas tree is pagan....got now't to do with either Christianity or Islam.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Syl wrote:An Imam was talking on local radio about this, he was saying that Jesus is an esteemed prophet for Muslims, so to celebrate his birth isn't going against any Muslim belief anyway.

Christ wasn't even born on 25th of December.   The truth is...nobody knows when he was born.  So more idiotic bullshit from the religious scholars.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Christ wasn't even born on 25th of December.   The truth is...nobody knows when he was born.  So more idiotic bullshit from the religious scholars.

Yes, but the point is Muslims regard Jesus as a prophet so why shouldn't they join in the Christian celebrations if they want to. People moan when Muslims shun the traditions of this country and then its not right when they do. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Anyone explain how jesus could be the prophet of a religion that didn't exist until 600 years after he died?? scratch

Some people really are stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:32 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Anyone explain how jesus could be the prophet of a religion that didn't exist until 600 years after he died?? scratch

The same way Christians consider Abraham a prophet (as do Muslims and Jews). Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Anyone explain how jesus could be the prophet of a religion that didn't exist until 600 years after he died?? scratch

The same way Christians consider Abraham a prophet (as do Muslims and Jews).   Wink

Christianity rolled on from Judaism and then diverged so they existed at the same time, so there is bound to be some cross over.

Secondly Christianity may included references to Abraham but doesn't claim Abraham was a Christian who believed in jesus being the son of God, how could he have been?? He was dead and gone long before jesus was even born.

Muslims on the other hand claim. Jesus and Abraham and all the rest were Muslim, Not Jewish or Christian.

Its like me saying that you are a believer in wunglonggey - a religion that will be invented in the year 2500.

Not really possible is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:46 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The same way Christians consider Abraham a prophet (as do Muslims and Jews).   Wink

Christianity rolled on from Judaism and then diverged so they existed at the same time, so there is bound to be some cross over.

Secondly Christianity may included references to Abraham but doesn't claim Abraham was a Christian who believed in jesus being the son of God, how could he have been?? He was dead and gone long before jesus was even born.

Muslims on the other hand claim. Jesus and Abraham and all the rest were Muslim, Not Jewish or Christian.

Its like me saying that you are a believer in wunglonggey - a religion that will be invented in the year 2500.

Well, I don't know if all Muslims believe that Abraham and Jesus were members of a religion that did not exist. I thought they believed their religion started with big Mo?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Well, I don't know if all Muslims believe that Abraham and Jesus were members of a religion that did not exist. I thought they believed their religion started with big Mo?  

Yep muhhamd was born in the late 6th / early 7th century

All Muslims believe that jesus and all previously mention biblical characters are Muslim , its part of their religion, but the illogical retrospective ownership is lost on them.

Muhammad was of course the top dog in Islam but he was competing with Judaism, Christianity AND paganism, so he had to come up with something good to try attract followers.

He couldn't just start cracking on and making up a better religious system of belief in a place where 3 others existed and were well established.

So he plagerised the other 3 systems and rebranded it as ISLAM.

He even mentions some of the same events that happened in the Bible but alters them dramatically and then claims that the later version is the original version even though the only reference he had of said event is the original bible version.

For instance the quran denies the crucifixion of jesus and that he was the son of God

How could jesus be a Muslim under such conflicting ideological beliefs??

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:22 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Maddog wrote:

All Muslims believe that jesus and all previously mention biblical characters are Muslim , its part of their religion, but the illogical retrospective ownership is lost on them.

Muhammad was of course the top dog in Islam but he was competing with Judaism, Christianity AND paganism, so he had to come up with something good to try attract followers.

He couldn't just start cracking on and making up a better religious system of belief in a place where 3 others existed and were well established.

He even mentions some of the same events that happened in the Bible but alters them dramatically and then claims that the later version is the original version even though the only reference he had of said event is the original bible version.

For instance the quran denies the crucifixion of jesus and that he was the son of God

No doubt many believe that Mo fixed the problems of religion prior to his life. They may or may not believe that people that preceded Mo were actually Muslims.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Khan was simply trying to widen his fan base, here.  His Instagram following would be much smaller if he appealed to (or catered for) ONLY Muslim fans. A large instagram following leads to more commercial endorsements, more megabucks and more prestige. 

Some folks even launch a political career on the back of a big fan base on social media. That's why Trump is so addicted to twitter.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No doubt many believe that Mo fixed the problems of religion prior to his life. They may or may not believe that people that preceded Mo were actually Muslims.

Well they do Beleive that, but not by the means you seem to think.

Like I said, the impossibility of laying claim to previous religious figures by a religion that only existed after they died is lost on them

They use a different means, they claim that ISLAM is the only religion to have ever existed and that all biblical characters were in fact following muhhamds religion but the religious leaders through the ages corrupted the teachings over time and the result was Judaism and christianity, they claim Muhammad was sent with the original message to correct the corrupted scripture followed by Jews and Christians.

Like a fresh install of a corrupted version of Windows so to speak.

So from the Muslim point of view, their version of events is the real one and the biblical version is the corrupt one hence the discrepancies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down