NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS

+4
eddie
Original Quill
'Wolfie
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Empty Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS

Post by Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXCSivoobs

Back to top Go down

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Empty Re: Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:43 pm

He's not that smart, his first point was mocking Oprah Winfrey, claiming she talks about her being a mother which is the most difficult job in the world.

She was raped at 14 and delivered  a premature baby which died at birth...she has no other children.

His whole manner is one to put down women in general....cant watch an idiot who starts his show with a massive lie.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Empty Re: Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS

Post by Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Syl wrote:He's not that smart, his first point was mocking Oprah Winfrey, claiming she talks about her being a mother which is the most difficult job in the world.

She was raped at 14 and delivered  a premature baby which died at birth...she has no other children.

His whole manner is one to put down women in general....cant watch an idiot who starts his show with a massive lie.

Did he mocked that she was raped?

No, showing again how overly insensitive women can be, on what they invent. Which here was you inventing a victim out of her, by the comedian. Just because celebrities have been victims of crimes, does not mean they are immune to piss take in regards to them being celebrities

Now that I find pathetic, how you lack a sense of humour on that

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:He's not that smart, his first point was mocking Oprah Winfrey, claiming she talks about her being a mother which is the most difficult job in the world.

No, showing again how overly insensitive women can be, on what they invent. Which here was you inventing a victim out of her, by the comedian. Just because celebrities have been victims of crimes, does not mean they are immune to piss take in regards to them being celebrities

You miss the point...he based his act round a lie, which is the opposite of smart when you are using real people to make a point.
Oprah Winfrey has never said she is a mother, she has never said she has brought up children, his whole act was making fun of women who say rearing kids is a hard job (which it is if you do it right)

The fact she was raped as a child and lost the one baby she ever conceived  would make any person with any decency think twice before lying about her having children anyway.

Do I find him funny...nope, not one bit, he is an idiot . Twisted Evil

Laters.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

You miss the point...he based his act round a lie, which is the opposite of smart when you are using real people to make a point.
Oprah Winfrey has never said she is a mother, she has never said she has brought up children, his whole act was making fun of women who say rearing kids is a hard job (which it is if you do it right)

The fact she was raped as a child and lost the one baby she ever conceived  would make any person with any decency think twice before lying about her having children anyway.

Do I find him funny...nope, not one bit, he is an idiot . Twisted Evil

Laters.

What lies?

So he never claimed Oprah had said she was a mother, yet again you making crap up.

No he was making fun of certain people who claim mothers raising children, is the "the most difficult job on the planet". (clearly you are one of those people who thinks this)

The fact that you are a snowflake thinking this is about Oprah and not what she says, shows everything wrong with how and as seen you invent something not even said and make her victim. To what the comedian was taking the piss about. Not understanding what the joke was about.

I find your lack of humour here idiotic?

Does that make you an idiot?

No

Do you notice how different the above is, in the two sentences?

Which is again what you failed to grasp in the piss take here

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm

jocolor

Not only is tbat so-called "comedian" a liar and an ignorant fool, he also left the 's' off destroys in the title to his video...

Apparently can't turn a trick, there..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 pm

He does seem a bit angry. But he makes a good point: why can't you talk about it?

'Course, watching him, I'm not confident he will talk forever. He seems to have a short fuse.

I'd call it a draw. A little irrationalism from the woman; a little irrationalism from the man. Blam!!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 pm

I found not only what he was saying to be stupid, but the way he was saying it, like adopting some of Trumps mannerisms incredibly irritating, but that's just me.

Maybe some of his other material is better ..I somehow doubt it though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I think comedy is just fucking comedy. He's right, some women do go on about motherhood being ultra difficult and he's just making funny observations, that's all.

Jesus. Why can't people just accept that most things are funny?

Ps Syl, I didn't hear him say anything about Oprah talking about her own baby? Even though it's bedside the point.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:01 pm

eddie wrote:I think comedy is just fucking comedy. He's right, some women do go on about motherhood being ultra difficult and he's just making funny observations, that's all.

Ps Syl, I didn't hear him say anything about Oprah talking about her own baby? Even though it's bedside the point.

I listened to it again....Not sure whether he was meaning Oprah was talking about herself or someone she was interviewing.
Probably he did mean the guest as he ended his little diatribe with "Oprahs not even a mother, how the fuck would she know?"
Charming, given her history.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 pm

That's what passes for comedy now is it, someone's shoulder chip is obviously chaffing (funny aye?)

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:21 pm

eddie wrote:I think comedy is just fucking comedy. He's right, some women do go on about motherhood being ultra difficult and he's just making funny observations, that's all.

Most things can be looked at from a different angle and humour can be found in them, that doesn't mean that anyone can stand up and make them funny though....imo this bloke is not in the slightest bit funny, just irritating.

Didge thought he was smart...I thought the opposite, viva la difference.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Syl wrote:

I listened to it again....Not sure whether he was meaning Oprah was talking about herself or someone she was interviewing.
Probably he did mean the guest as he ended his little diatribe with "Oprahs not even a mother, how the fuck would she know?"

I'm going to sound like a bitch here but if something makes me laugh I don't actually give a shit about the history. I've had three miscarriages but I've still laughed at miscarriage jokes.
Humour is just the best.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Personally I didn’t find him funny.

But each to their own.

But yeah it didn’t destroy feminism but whatever grabs the headlines.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm going to sound like a bitch here but if something makes me laugh I don't actually give a shit about the history. I've had three miscarriages but I've still laughed at miscarriage jokes.
Humour is just the best.

If something makes you laugh it can lighten any hurt you may have.
Even death can be funny if its handled right.
I just didnt find him or his material funny.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 am

No, he wasn't hilariuos by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd rather thought we were discussing his topic and not him?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:10 am

Syl wrote:

Most things can be looked at from a different angle and humour can be found in them, that doesn't mean that anyone can stand up and make them funny though....imo this bloke is not in the slightest bit funny, just irritating.

Didge thought he was smart.
..I thought the opposite, viva la difference.

Second lie you have made on this thread

So, you did not find him funny. What is more to the point here, is your over reaction and over sensitivity to what he said and even worse wrongly inventing things not even said. Based on you thinking this is about Oprah, when its not, but about what she claimed.

Can you understand that difference?

To then taking the piss out of the claim, "being a mother is a the hardest job in the world".

The reason you were offended, as you simple took it as a personal slant. And that is the problem with some people how they can do take things personally. I was hoping for such a reaction by posting this and saw how easily, you have been offended over something so trivial. It was a test to see how some posters would over react and I was right.

It was not even insulting, but taking the piss via comparrisons, to actual jobs that are extremely difficiult.

It confirms to me, that actually some women do think that mothers raising children is the hardest job in the world and do you know what is really poor about that?

Can you think as to what is really poor by thinking that?

I will give you a clue.

Do you think men find it easier to raise children, than women?

Can it be equally as challenging? Or more dependent on the given indidvidual challengers faced by anyone. No matter their gender?

By claiming its that much harder for them. Is that not claiming women are inferior at raising children than men?

Do you not see how such poor beliefs actually lead to discrimination and prejudice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Didge thought he was smart.
..I thought the opposite, viva la difference.

So, you did not find him funny. What is more to the point here, is your over reaction and over sensitivity to what he said and even worse wrongly inventing things not even said. Based on you thinking this is about Oprah, when its not, but about what she claimed.

To then taking the piss out of the claim, "being a mother is a the hardest job in the world".

The reason you were offended, as you simple took it as a personal slant. And that is the problem with some people how they can do take things personally. I was hoping for such a reaction by posting this and saw how easily, you have been offended over something so trivial. It was a test to see how some posters would over react and I was right.

It was not even insulting, but taking the piss via comparrisons, to actual jobs that are extremely difficiult.

It confirms to me, that actually some women do think that mothers raising children is the hardest job in the world and do you know what is really poor about that?

I will give you a clue.

Can it be equally as challenging? Or more dependent on the given indidvidual challengers faced by anyone. No matter their gender?

By claiming its that much harder for them. Is that not claiming women are inferior at raising children than men?

Do you not see how such poor beliefs actually lead to discrimination and prejudice?

...and breathe....Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Meditate-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I will give you a clue.

...and breathe....Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Meditate-smiley-emoticon

This is how I breathe

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:43 pm

That's a bit manic for my taste.

Here's a more relaxing way to breathe. Cool

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:54 pm

The Prodigy and the Hollies? Oh yes. Excellent.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 am

The ridiculous 'comedian' in the vid kept citing dangerous jobs and saying that looking after kids is easy in comparison.  Rolling Eyes

Mums never said motherhood is a ''dangerous'' job -  we said it's a tough job and we are dead right.

It is difficult cos it's a 24/7 job, you can never switch off, IT'S RELENTLESS!!  Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS 2396444674  - that's the difficult part.

Especially when they are toddlers - you need eyes at the back of your head - very stressful.

Being responsible for the life and welfare of another human being  is an awesome responsibility. Shame on anyone who belittles  mums.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:16 am

MOMBIE = MOM + ZOMBIE(=alarm clock, waitress, teacher, nurse, counsellor, chauffeur, event planner, hairdresser, PA, ATM)

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Mombie

Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS Img_0248

Let's hear it for all mums. It's the hardest job you'll ever do IF you do it properly. cheers

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:09 am

So there's no more feminism anymore, thanks to a stand-up routine?

Wouldn't have thought that could do it, but hey, that's what the headline says.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 am

Ben Reilly wrote:So there's no more feminism anymore, thanks to a stand-up routine?

Wouldn't have thought that could do it, but hey, that's what the headline says.

Well for one, I never wrote the title for the youtube clip and neither did the comedian.

Though I guess the title is in reference to "destroying feminist arguments", being as the comedy act took the piss how in fact some feminists do tend to be selctive when it comes to equality.

I for one believe in everyone to have equality under the law and that all individuals should be protected by law from discrimination and prejudice. 

So is that what you are going to go off, the title of the clip, created by the person who submitted the clip?

Hey, you want to pluck that out and not the actual context of ther debate, be my guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Or you could think for yourself when it comes to headlines. Take your time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:28 am

Jules wrote:The ridiculous 'comedian' in the vid kept citing dangerous jobs and saying that looking after kids is easy in comparison.  Rolling Eyes

Mums never said motherhood is a ''dangerous'' job -  we said it's a tough job and we are dead right.

It is difficult cos it's a 24/7 job, you can never switch off, IT'S RELENTLESS!!  Smart comedian DESTROY Feminism with FACTS 2396444674  - that's the difficult part.

Especially when they are toddlers - you need eyes at the back of your head - very stressful.

Being responsible for the life and welfare of another human being  is an awesome responsibility. Shame on anyone who belittles  mums.

So you are saying is far more difficult for women to raise children than men?

Are you must be, thus claiming men find it that much easier to raise children, if being a mum, is claimed to be the hardest job in the world? Which was what was claimed in the video.

Which by the way, does not come even close to being the hardest job in the world

So nobody has belittled any mums, by rightly stating, its not the hardest job in the world.

For one, people decide to have children and thus have a duty of care and responsibility to raise them. To the best of their abilities. It can be difficult at times, but its not difficult to the extreme, like a number of jobs, where peoples lives at risk, due to the nature of their jobs

The point is though, is how people and you have done the same. Only go on about mums, not dads, nor siblings, nor grandparents etc. 

So claiming one set of people have the hardest role, when another group, dads, also raise children, as parents. Shows how very much we see people as different within roles they perform.

As seen here, Mums, have it the hardest at raising children, its claimed. Which by such a claim renders them thus inferior to men raising children and by actually then demans many women.

The reality is again no matter the gender, there is many individual challenges in raising children, whether its two parents or single mums and dads.

Hence why when people jump up and down, as they have done here. Its they who are maintaining old sterotypes in regards to women.

What the comedian rightly did, was show how absurd a claim it is to say that being a mum is the hardest job in the world. Its clearly not and by only defining one parent based on gender. Those claiming this, do from a position of sexism. Which is also then used by homophobes to dsicriminate against gay men, becoming parents.

What would have been far more appropiate by Oprah, is that saying "parenting itself can be very challenging and can be struggling and that those without any basic necessities. It can become one of the hardest jobs in the world."

As then by using the term parents, its a collective that includes gender, sexuality etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:30 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Or you could think for yourself when it comes to headlines. Take your time.

So still going off the headline

If it bothers you that much, then change it

As its not very relevant to me

So why do I need to think of a new one, when it does not bother me, but clearly bothers you?

So I do not need to think about anything in regards to the title, as you are the one with the issue on the title, not me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down