NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Smart' gun...

3 posters

Go down

'Smart' gun... Empty 'Smart' gun...

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 3:44 pm

..look at this, the new smart gun created in Germany , will only fore to the person assigned to the gun, and say a policeman in say,,,the US has his gun taken in a struggle, it won't fire for anyone else..a pin code is needed, the gun fires with the use of a wristwatch, and if more than only 16 inches from the gun, the gun won't fire.

Although a person to this gun is assigned to can still go on a kill spree with this(very unlikely) , nobody else can..this will SAVE many lives if rolled out across to gun sellers too.

I always thought that guns with handprint scanners would be a great thing,but his has to be good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27527691

Back to top Go down

'Smart' gun... Empty Re: 'Smart' gun...

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Hmmm - suppose the police were in a shoot-out and someone hacked the system and they couldn't fire their own guns...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Hmmm - suppose the police were in a shoot-out and someone hacked the system and they couldn't fire their own guns...

I'm sure there would already be plans in place before deploying these guns to officers Tess...the police have computer geniuses working amongst them.

..stop nit- picking Tess, it's not even up and running yet !! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm

But I think that it would have been better if it were finger print technology ...maybe that already exists??

And yes, someone else maybe could use one if they cut off the police officer's hand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:Hmmm - suppose the police were in a shoot-out and someone hacked the system and they couldn't fire their own guns...

I'm sure there would already be plans in place before deploying these guns to officers Tess...the police have computer  geniuses working amongst them.

That's me - always look on the bright side of life...  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'm sure there would already be plans in place before deploying these guns to officers Tess...the police have computer  geniuses working amongst them.

Laughing Twisted Evil sunny 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Frankly, I think it's a damn good point. Even if you go for fingerprint technology, a good hacker could substitute a different fingerprint and voila.

Wherever you go, and however you move, there you are. There is no foolproof system. Ever since the Chubb brothers invented the first safe people have figured out how to break into it. Now we have pass words, and it's the same thing. A foolproof hand gun is the same.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Frankly, I think it's a damn good point.  Even if you go for fingerprint technology, a good hacker could substitute a different fingerprint and voila.

Wherever you go, and however you move, there you are.  There is no foolproof system.  Ever since the Chubb brothers invented the first safe people have figured out how to break into it.  Now we have pass words, and it's the same thing.  A foolproof hand gun is the same.

Agreed. Not even that difficult:

"...It turns out that Humphreys would have gone undetected if it hadn’t been for a local carrier noticing that something was messing with its towers. MetroPCS (which is owned by T-Mobile) notified the Federal Communications Commission that there was a peculiar outage on a certain patch of the Interstate 4 highway and downtown Tampa exactly a year ago. The FCC looked into it and discovered that wideband emissions — broadcast activity with wide frequencies or wavelengths — were emanating from a blue Toyota Highlander. Still, Humphreys kept on jamming for another year until two county sheriff deputies pulled him over. They were able to confirm his use of the cellphone jammer before they even searched his vehicle and found it behind a seat cover. As they approached his SUV, their two-way radios were disconnected from their dispatcher. It’s unclear what brand or make of jammer Humphreys was using, but for some perspective, Antenna System & Supplies Inc.’s TRJ-89 jammer is able to block cell service within a 5 mile radius."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-florida-resident-drove-around-with-a-cellphone-jammer-84369099229.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 pm

The sooner they roll this tech out to civilian owned guns the better

As a shooter I would welcome it...

better still if it was possible to "retro fit" it to existing guns, but if they just made all guns from now forward with this it would be great...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 25, 2014 9:47 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:The sooner they roll this tech out to civilian owned guns the better

better still if it was possible to "retro fit" it to existing guns, but if they just made all guns from now forward with this it would be great...

No, Victor, if they roll this out Obama will be able to track all gun owners and be able to round them up. Presumably for detention in FEMA concentration camps.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Frankly, I think it's a damn good point.  Even if you go for fingerprint technology, a good hacker could substitute a different fingerprint and voila.

Wherever you go, and however you move, there you are.  There is no foolproof system.  Ever since the Chubb brothers invented the first safe people have figured out how to break into it.  Now we have pass words, and it's the same thing.  A foolproof hand gun is the same.

Look Quill...this technology will make these guns much safer than the usual type.

Things can go wrong of course, but they are much safer, and as well as the criminal mind moving on,it's always playing catchup with technology.

A heap of lives saved is better than a few lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:The sooner they roll this tech out to civilian owned guns the better

No, Victor, if they roll this out Obama will be able to track all gun owners and be able to round them up. Presumably for detention in FEMA concentration camps.

yep...youse guys are crazy.......well thankfully OUR gun laws, if anything are a bit too tight, but I'm happy with that...bring on smart tech....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 26, 2014 5:32 am

Joy Division wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Look Quill...this technology will make these guns much safer than the usual type.

Things can go wrong of course, but they are much safer, and as well as the criminal mind moving on,it's  always playing catchup with technology.

A heap of lives saved is better than a few lost.

I wonder if they would be wifi? and if it would have an electronic trigger in which case you could remote fire them so NOT really any safer.

Want something fool proof? well first we have to get rid of all the fools  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down