NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackface - racism or just a joke??

+10
Cass
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Maddog
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
eddie
'Wolfie
Syl
nicko
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blackface - racism or just a joke??  Empty Blackface - racism or just a joke??

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 am

Top footballer Antoine Griezmann has been forced to delete a picture of himself 'blacked up' as a basketball player after a furious social media backlash.

The £90m Atletico Madrid star faced allegations of racism after uploading the image to Twitter and Instagram - with club bosses urged to drop the star striker from the team.

It showed Griezmann donning an Afro wig while wearing a Harlem Globetrotters vest, striped shorts and holding a basketball by his side.

But just over an hour after posting the picture, he hastily pulled it offline and apologised for any 'hurt' he had caused.

The French footballer, 26, had earlier urged his followers to 'calm down' amid a flood of furious responses to his tweet. He wrote: 'I'm a fan of the Harlem Globetrotters and the good times. It's a tribute.'

Griezmann is one of the most in-demand footballers in the world and is widely expected to sign for the likes of Barcelona or Manchester United in the near future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5188861/Antoine-Griezmann-blacks-basketball-player.html

Back to top Go down

Blackface - racism or just a joke??  Empty Re: Blackface - racism or just a joke??

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am

Why are there so few blacks in the world coming forward to dismiss the po faced do goooders and explain that a joke is just a joke??

Are blacks fuelling the fire of racial hatred by playing the victim??

Back to top Go down

Blackface - racism or just a joke??  Empty Re: Blackface - racism or just a joke??

Post by nicko Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm

I have still got 2 badges of Robinsons Gollywogs......oops
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

nicko wrote:I have still got 2 badges of Robinsons Gollywogs......oops

They still sell Gollwogs, and I had one as a kid and loved him.

Times have changed though, I certainly wouldn't buy one now. If something is considered by many to be insulting why promote it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Good

I think racism has been made much worse by the likes of didge and other po faced fuck wits who all seem to have had their sense of humour and proportion surgically removed

It's been compounded by blacks who egg them on instead of stepping up and growing up

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Rolling Eyes

Fuck off with your racist baiting,  SmellyBumBandit...
And your loaded single-answer bullshit poll that no decent person could ever answer..

"Blackface" masks have never simply been a "joke", as that sick brand of humour was only ever intended to demean select groups of people.

It says more about the likes of lowlife scumbag "shit-for-brains" morons like Smelly and Stormee that they find this kind of crap 'funny', than it does about their critics..

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Rolling Eyes

Fuck off with your racist baiting,  SmellyBumBandit...
And your loaded single-answer bullshit poll that no decent person could ever answer..

"Blackface" masks has never been a "joke", as that sick brand of humour was only ever intended to demean select groups of people.

It says more about the likes of lowlife scumbag "shit-for-brains" morons like Smelly and Stormee that they find this kind of crap 'funny', than it does about their critics..

A prime example of a po faced liberal spreading racism and hatred.

You should take your example from the christians wolfie, you don't see us having a hissy fit over things life the life of Brian.

Tolerance wolfie, it's a virtue you and the blacks should learn to embrace, we live in a diverse society and nothing a bigot like you can do will change that

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Arrow

If you ever had the backbone to say that to my face, I would fucking clean the floor with you...

You army-deserting, spineless, lying, cowardly piece of white supremacist shit..

And don't think for a single moment that that I'm not big enough to beat you to a pulp, you snivelling piece of worthless trash.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:14 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Arrow

If you ever had the backbone to say that to my face, I would fucking clean the floor with you..

You army-deserting, spineless, lying, cowardly piece of white supremacist shit..

And don't think for a single moment that that I'm not big enough to beat you to a pulp, you snivelling piece of worthless trash.

Wow

I can feel your anger and hatred all the way in blighty,you sound reealllllly pissed off.

lol!

You should try laughing once in a while, you can always try reading what you post, that always makes me giggle.

Or if you don't find yourself very funny, try looking at someone doing blackface and try to see the comedy for what it is.

For. Instance someone did an impression of Diane abbot, big wig, black faced - fucking hilarious, caught the essence of that fat bitch perfectly

Very funny

Obviously the humour doesn't end there, presumably you're so po faced that you're one of these little do goooders who are killing all forms of humour, like someone dressing up as a Mexican in a sombrero?!

Racist or funny??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm

I've deleted your poll seeing as the questions were pretty stupid and there weren't enough options to choose from.

Oh, and be careful how you word your racist crap please.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:24 pm

If you ever had the backbone to say that to my face, I would fucking clean the floor with you...

...and I bet your daddy is bigger than that nasty SmellyBumBandit's (isn't that homophobic?) daddy, isn't he?

For Christ's sake..........
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Syl wrote:

Times have changed though, I certainly wouldn't buy one now. If something is considered by many to be  insulting why promote it?

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Remember Al Jolson?  Or, Amos n' Andy?  They were accepted in their day.

In fact, they probably carried the seeds of what would later be condemned.  Racism, like a plant, goes through phases of growth, until the final flowering...which, it turns out, is ugly and detestable.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:54 pm

The problem with getting wound up over this is that he didn't just go as a basketball player, but as a Harlem Globetrotter. They were/are an all black basketball team. If you are going to wear a costume depicting a black person, it's not much of a costume if your skin color is all wrong.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 pm

eddie wrote:I've deleted your poll seeing as the questions were pretty stupid and there weren't enough options to choose from.

or what??

you gonna ban me because you dont like what im saying............again??

when i came back on here i said you were all too scared to challenge me, by telling me what i can and cannot say you have just proved me right

cant ban me so all you're doing is censoring me??

wow how original

free speech didn't just die, its always been dead on here.

FYI the options were YES or NO

not really sure how that's NOT complicated enough, could have been a good discussion too bad you were too "low information" to avoid being manipulated by how I phrased them.

how disappointing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 pm

by the way i wopuld report you for threatening me which is against the rules

but every time i point out a breach of the rules the mods find a way to interpret the rules so that no breach has occurred

incitement to murder is even allowed on here, i doubt your false bravado will even raise an eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:07 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:I've deleted your poll seeing as the questions were pretty stupid and there weren't enough options to choose from.

or what??

when i came back on here i said you were all too scared to challenge me, by telling me what i can and cannot say you have just proved me right

wow how original

not really sure how that's NOT complicated enough, could have been a good discussion too bad you were too "low information" to avoid being manipulated by how I phrased them.

how disappointing.

free speech is like gun freedoms.....all fine IF you are responsible enough to be let loose with em.
act irresponsibly and I'm afraid your toys will be taken away ....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

or what??

wow how original

how disappointing.

free speech is like gun freedoms.....all fine IF you are responsible enough to be let loose with em.

in what way was i irresponsible??

i cant help it you're all thick

if you cant see past your prejudices and insecurities that's your problem, like i said to Eds , the poll was a simple yes or no question, the first words in each option were YES and NO for god sakes.

the rest was just to test to see anyone could debate objectively without getting caught up in their own uncontrolled emotional hysteria and unconscious bias

i wasn't asking if they thought blacks were "mean spirited victims of imaginary racism" was i??

this is why i don't bother posting high brow stuff up here, you're all too emotional to be able to think clearly and objectively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

if you cant see past your prejudices and insecurities that's your problem, like i said to Eds , the poll was a simple yes or no question, the first words in each option were YES and NO for god sakes.

the rest was just to test to see anyone could debate objectively without getting caught up in their own uncontrolled emotional hysteria and unconscious bias

i wasn't asking if they thought blacks were "mean spirited victims of imaginary racism" was i??

this is why i don't bother posting high brow stuff up here, you're all too emotional to be able to think clearly and objectively.

out of curiousity, what was the original question for the poll?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 pm

gelico wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

out of curiousity, what was the original question for the poll?

Can't repeat it, Foul is throwing his teddies out

Maybe I'll pm you if I can be asked

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Smelly, your poll was stupid, worded idiotically and also had no option for anything other than what you wanted people to choose.
Do another one. I'm not bothered by a poll, I'm bothered by your stupidity actually.

No one is trying to stop you speaking. That's an old, tired and worn out argument.

Oh and it's can't be arsed, not "asked".
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

''cant be arsed'',,,,,that's a beautiful expression

I just cant be arsed

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 pm

gelico wrote:

''cant be arsed'',,,,,that's a beautiful expression

I just cant be arsed

lol!

Yes. Sometimes words and expressions are simply beautiful.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:Smelly, your poll was stupid, worded idiotically and also had no option for anything other than what you wanted people to choose.
Do another one. I'm not bothered by a poll, I'm bothered by your stupidity actually.

No one is trying to stop you speaking. That's an old, tired and worn out argument.

Oh and it's can't be arsed, not "asked".

I wanted people to choose yes or no

Well perhaps I can't be arsed to make the effort to say it correctly??

No I don't think I'll make another poll, you sure showed me who's boss eddie.

Think I'll stick to copy and paste, provocative thoughts are not welcome in this sterile echo chamber.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Are you sulking? Cos you know that sulking gives you frown lines. Come on smelly, be a love, don't get all huffy. It's nearly Christmas!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 pm

I've thought it over and over and it just beats me how pretending to be a different race is funny in the first place.

I think the only way to laugh at that sort of thing is if you're lampooning (stereotyping) the race you're pretending to be -- and that's shitty.

Smelly, here's how this may very well play out -- you keep trying to get banned, but since we know your dream is to die on the cross for your so-called free speech, we won't ban you, we'll just keep fixing your posts and dragging you up out of the mud. Because we live to shit on your dreams, fam.

This will go on until you either 1) grow up or 2) quietly sulk away. I suggest option 1 but it's entirely up to you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Oh, and there was at least one white Globetrotter, as I recall. Perhaps two.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Oh, and there was at least one white Globetrotter, as I recall. Perhaps two.

Maybe very recently, but they were a black basketball team that did comedy routines. I'll wager a guess that none of them were offended by this.

No more than white chicks were offended by this,

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:09 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

by the way i wopuld report you for threatening me which is against the rules

but every time i point out a breach of the rules the mods find a way to interpret the rules so that no breach has occurred

incitement to murder is even allowed on here, i doubt your false bravado will even raise an eyebrow
Rolling Eyes

Read my post again,  SmellyDungBrain...

There's not a single "threat" in there..

Simply a promise of what you could expect, if you were ever so fortunate enough as to repeat your racist accusations and assertions to my face...

P.S.  there's nothing 'false' about my 'bravado', you army--deserting fake_"soldier", you..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Actually Wolf, it isn't on to threaten other posters.
Please don't do it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:Actually Wolf, it isn't on to threaten other posters.
Please don't do it.

Maybe we can do a "go fund me" to finance some cage matches. I'm good for 20 bucks.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Actually Wolf, it isn't on to threaten other posters.
Please don't do it.

What a Face

I haven't actually 'threatened' anybody...

I simply informed Smelly' of what he could expect if he asscused me of being a "po faced" bigot, racist, 'false' and humourless to my face..

Though, it's not as if Smelly' would have the spine to face up to his critics on here in person, is it ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:19 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Oh, and there was at least one white Globetrotter, as I recall. Perhaps two.

I think one white and one Hispanic. Names escape me. They’ve also had 9 women.

Curly was my favorite.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:31 am

Cass wrote:

I think one white and one Hispanic. Names escape me. They’ve also had 9 women.

Curly was my favorite.

Thankfully, the French dude didn't dress up as a female basketball player.

Not that French men couldn't pull it off. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:17 am

Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately, this time you have that comment arse-round, Maddog...

As SmellyBum' happens to be the little white supremacist Afrikaner big mouth pretend-'soldier', bravely throwing his monkey_shit around, while safely hiding away in his council house basement bunker over there in Britain..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:24 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Idea

You are a lying braindead piece of racist shit,  Smelly'...

You provided neither a clear "yes" or "no" answer..

But simply two more examples of your usual twisted hatemongering racist crap.

Your dick-headedness here today would make both Stormee and Deano proud of you..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:09 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately, this time you have that comment arse-round,  Maddog...

As SmellyBum' happens to be the little white supremacist Afrikaner big mouth pretend-'soldier',  bravely throwing his monkey_shit around, while safely hiding away in his council house basement bunker over there in Britain..  

I just posted a video. I left it up to the viewer to determine who it applied to. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 am

Maddog wrote:The problem with getting wound up over this is that he didn't just go as a basketball player, but as a Harlem Globetrotter. They were/are an all black basketball team. If you are going to wear a costume depicting a black person, it's not much of a costume if your skin color is all wrong.  

I agree with this
it is relative to context.

And costumes don't have to be funny, they can just be a homage.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:48 am

I wonder what would be the reaction if you went as 'god' and wore morgan freeman blackface? scratch
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I've thought it over and over and it just beats me how pretending to be a different race is funny in the first place.

I think the only way to laugh at that sort of thing is if you're lampooning (stereotyping) the race you're pretending to be -- and that's shitty.

Smelly, here's how this may very well play out -- you keep trying to get banned, but since we know your dream is to die on the cross for your so-called free speech, we won't ban you, we'll just keep fixing your posts and dragging you up out of the mud. Because we live to shit on your dreams, fam.

This will go on until you either 1) grow up or 2) quietly sulk away. I suggest option 1 but it's entirely up to you.

its entirely up to me is it??

you sure about that??? because i though that posting on this forum was entirely up to the poster so long as they don't break the rules??

but apparently asking a yes or no question is cause for censorship.

nothings really up to me when someone like you is in charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 am

eddie wrote:Actually Wolf, it isn't on to threaten other posters.
Please don't do it.

wow

no need to tell him off that much, i bet he wont ever do that ever again after such a scolding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 am

Maddog wrote:The problem with getting wound up over this is that he didn't just go as a basketball player, but as a Harlem Globetrotter. They were/are an all black basketball team. If you are going to wear a costume depicting a black person, it's not much of a costume if your skin color is all wrong.  

there we go

maddog gets the point of it.

and there i was thinking this place to be an intellectual desert

you are correct, of course there wasnt any malicious intent behind the costume itself, in fact it could be considered a tribute to the player.

ironically the real insult to the globetrotter player would be if Griezmann in character tried to emulate his skill with a basketball, that would be insulting, but the po faced around here miss the point in their emotional hysteria.

im sure they would all be equally outraged in a black person "blacked up" or if a native American Indian got dressed up as a native American for fun.

the po faced are so obsessed with murdering humor and finding racism in every nook and cranny, so obsessed with nonsense like this that they reduce real acts of racism to nothing and deny actual victims of justice.

this virtue signalling of the liberal snowflakes is not designed to combat racism its designed to make them feel better about their own internalized racism

they are racist therefore they see racism everywhere

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 am

smelly-bandit wrote:...........
... of course there wasnt any malicious intent behind the costume itself, in fact it could be considered a tribute to the player.

ironically the real insult to the globetrotter player would be if Griezmann in character tried to emulate his skill with a basketball, that would be insulting, but the po faced around here miss the point in their emotional hysteria.

im sure they would all be equally outraged in a black person "blacked up"  or if a native American Indian got dressed up as a native American for fun.

the po faced are so obsessed with murdering humor and finding racism in every nook and cranny, so obsessed with nonsense like this that they reduce real acts of racism to nothing and deny actual victims of justice.

this virtue signalling of the liberal snowflakes is not designed to combat racism its designed to make them feel better about their own internalized racism

they are racist therefore they see racism everywhere  

Rolling Eyes

"  No malicious intent..        ..a tribute to the player.
..the "po faced" around here.. .       ..in their emotional hysteria.
.. they are racist...    ..they see racism everywhere.

Nothing quite like having a supercilious braindead genuine racist turd like SmellyDungBrain attempting to explain exactly why the little white supremacist woman-hating nonce calls me and others on here "racist", is there...

And like his chum and master Deano before him, he really does seem to have a strange (mis)understanding of what their oft' overused term "irony" actually mrans..

As for his even stranger use of his new favourite phrase "po faced" to insult his many critics around here --  considering he has no idea at all what the majority look like,  this just seems to be his fetid imagination shifting into overdrive.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 am

Po faced is phrase to describe people who are humourless and disapproving of everything

You uneducated illiterate inbred lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:01 am

Wolfie, Angry Andy is a model of decorum compared to you. Why do you have to parade your insulting posts on this Forum? you put some great and interesting posts up, then and go and spoil your self with childish insults !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:03 am

That's the traditional new year costume party scuppered then, no flamenco dancers or sombreros unless you are actually Spanish/Mexican national costumes unless its your own, no famous historical characters, that could be culturally sensitive, don't wear the black and white costume which I've forgotten the name of, your bound to offend at least two ethnicities, at the same time, so what's left animals and plants - surely that's species appropriation? so its the hot dog costume again.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:30 am

Vintage wrote:That's the traditional new year costume party scuppered then, no flamenco dancers or sombreros unless you are actually Spanish/Mexican national costumes unless its your own, no famous historical characters, that could be culturally sensitive, don't wear the black and white costume which I've forgotten the name of, your bound to offend at least two ethnicities, at the same time, so what's left animals and plants - surely that's species appropriation? so its the hot dog costume again.

Basically no fun at all

Isn't it funny how liberals claim to love diversity and then do their best to erase ethnic and minority customs and cultures

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 am

nicko wrote:
Wolfie,   Angry Andy is a model of decorum compared to you.   Why do you have to parade your insulting posts on this Forum?    you put some great and interesting posts up,  then and go and spoil your self with childish insults !  

Suspect

It would be different if I was always insulting people at random, and for no obvious reasons, nicko;  (like Smelly, Fuzzy, Stormee and Phil' are famous for..).

However, just look at the stirring shit-throwing little turd that I am abusing on here --  and then, give me one straight-forward and reasonable excuse not to insult him in tirn  ?

It's not like he has anything as simple as the truth on his side, is it ?  You call these insults of mine "childish" and immature --  but deliberately ignore the fact that Smelly comes on here this week deliberately abusing up front  me, Quill, veya, Ben, sassy, Lurker, eilzel, Andy and any other anti-racist/"fair go"/anti-fascist people on here ?

And not ignoring the fact that Smelly' gives as good as he receives with the insults from his numerous critics on here, as well..

What is much more disturbing is how you, Fred and Victor seem to have no worries about Smelly and Stormee's deliberate pro-racism and fascism posts --  nor their faux-soldier efforts and outright bulldust efforts...

Why should SmellyBum' be able to come on here and call his critics "po faced" "racist" "inbred" "ignorant" "humourless" "liberal snowflakes",  without anyone answering him back  ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:
Wolfie,   Angry Andy is a model of decorum compared to you.   Why do you have to parade your insulting posts on this Forum?    you put some great and interesting posts up,  then and go and spoil your self with childish insults !  

Suspect

It would be different if I was always insulting people at random, and for no obvious reasons, nicko;  (like Smelly, Fuzzy, Stormee and Phil' are famous for..).

However, just look at the stirring shit-throwing little turd that I am abusing on here --  and then, give me one straight-forward and reasonable excuse not to insult him in tirn  ?

It's not like he has anything as simple as the truth on his side, is it ?  You call these insults of mine "childish" and immature --  but deliberately ignore the fact that Smelly comes on here this week deliberately abusing up front  me, Quill, veya, Ben, sassy, Lurker, eilzel, Andy and any other anti-racist/"fair go"/anti-fascist people on here ?

And not ignoring the fact that Smelly' gives as good as he receives with the insults from his numerous critics on here, as well..

What is much more disturbing is how you, Fred and Victor seem to have no worries about Smelly and Stormee's deliberate pro-racism and fascism posts --  nor their faux-soldier efforts and outright bulldust efforts...

Why should SmellyBum' be able to come on here and call his critics "po faced" "racist" "inbred" "ignorant" "humourless" "liberal snowflakes",  without anyone answering him back  ???

Dry your eyes wolfie

Dont cry about that mean ol' smelly picking on you

You just keep fighting the good fight like the hero you are

many hugs

xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Times have changed though, I certainly wouldn't buy one now. If something is considered by many to be  insulting why promote it?

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Remember Al Jolson?  Or, Amos n' Andy?  They were accepted in their day.

In fact, they probably carried the seeds of what would later be condemned.  Racism, like a plant, goes through phases of growth, until the final flowering...which, it turns out, is ugly and detestable.

We had the Black and White minstrels, a popular variety show...comedy programmes like 'Love thy neighbour' and 'Till death do us part', where racial slurs, homophobia, raging sexism were the whole point of the programmes.
Obviously they wouldn't be allowed now, but what people forget is the main characters in both who displayed all the racism etc, were the ones people laughed at not with.

Thankfully humour has changed.....even if the programmes were allowed to be made today I doubt the majority of people would find them amusing.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next