NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface

+2
Vintage
nicko
6 posters

Go down

For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface Empty For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:59 am

A few weeks ago, I attended a holiday party at a downtown Phoenix restaurant. I walked around to view the photographs on the wall.

Then a photograph caught my attention.

Friends said, “It’s coal miners at a pub after work.” It was a photograph of coal miners with blackened faces. I asked a Latinx and white woman for their opinion. They said it looked like coal miners at a pub after work. Then they stepped back, frowned and said it’s men in blackface.

I asked the waitress to speak with a manager. Instead, I spoke with a white restaurant owner. I explained to him why the photograph was offensive. Evidently, someone else had made a similar comment about the photograph before.

Yet, the photograph remained on the wall. He said he would talk to the other owners and get back to me. While leaving, I asked him had he spoke with the other owners. He had not spoken with them, but mentioned Google said it's coal miners after work.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2019/01/28/downtown-phoenix-photo-men-soot-blackface/2683881002/

Now people that worked in coal mines are offensive to people cast as Black?

This numpty thinks it should be taken down, based off no offense actually portrayed?

That many dirty from their work, is now an insult to people cast as black

One word to this imbicille. Stop creating and imagining offense where none exist.

Back to top Go down

For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface Empty Re: For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface

Post by nicko Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am

There's a lot of that Didge, taking offence when there's nothing to be offended about. It's all in their Snowflake like minds !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface Empty Re: For Fuck Sake, THis Is Getting Beyond a Joke- Phoenix restaurant says this is a photo of coal miners. But I see offensive blackface

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am

Seems to me its about ignorance and a very poor education or just malice.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Bandwagon. Like the current trend for beards, or jeans with the arse round the knees. We have a whole generation who've never had it hard, and probably never will, so they have nothing to focus on but outrage and drama.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Bandwagon.  Like the current trend for beards, or jeans with the arse round the knees.  We have a whole generation who've never had it hard, and probably never will, so they have nothing to focus on but outrage and drama.

+1

Impressive reply

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Maybe if these pathetic professional outrage seekers had ever spent time working down a mine in deadly conditions like my grandfather, and millions of others did...and still do, they would not be so quick to see offence where obviously none has ever been intended.

Of course they have black faces....it's bleeding soot. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Some say it's coal miners.  Others say it's blackface.  Did you ever determine the truth?

Personally, I think that coal mining is the worst sin...contributes to the destruction of the earth for all mankind.  But I am curious.  How did you/they determine the truth?

I lived in Arizona for 19-years, some of it in Phoenix. They mine copper in Arizona, not coal.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Some say it's coal miners.  Others say it's blackface.  Did you ever determine the truth?

Personally, I think that coal mining is the worst sin...contributes to the destruction of the earth for all mankind.  But I am curious.  How did you/they determine the truth?

Its a picture of welsh coalminers, after being down in the coal mines

Those inventing this in their minds, that this is blackface, clearly must live and think racially in every aspect of life. Thus generally being racist themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:07 pm

I think you're being a bit over-critical.  Issues like this arise all the time...especially in today's climate.

Time to live and let live.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:I think you're being a bit over-critical.  Issues like this arise all the time...especially in today's climate.

Over critical?

May I suggest mate, you start with that, in regards to the person here offended by a historical photo of coal miners

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Thor wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I think you're being a bit over-critical.  Issues like this arise all the time...especially in today's climate.

Over critical?

May I suggest mate, you start with that, in regards to the person here offended by a historical photo of coal miners

Two people questioned it? Hardly overwhelming numbers. Who cares?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thor wrote:

Over critical?

Two people questioned it?  Hardly overwhelming numbers.  Who cares?

A local media source was clearly dumb enough to care

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Didge wrote:A local media source was clearly dumb enough to care

Do you mean AZCENRAL, or TIMCAST?  The fact that TIMCAST co-opted this story to advance it's righty, knuckledragger agenda, prompts me to question what you are so protective of...the original story or the right-wing framing?

AZCENRAL is a ‘mom & pop’ blog.  You picked up and quoted the story from TIMCAST, which shows what you read.  The fact that you are so protective of the framing shows that you are aware of it's parochial origins, and perfectly willing to co-opt them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:A local media source was clearly dumb enough to care

AZCENRAL is a ‘mom & pop’ blog.  You picked up and quoted the story from TIMCAST, which shows what you read.  The fact that you are so protective of the framing shows that you are aware of it's parochial origins, and perfectly willing to co-opt them.

Bullshit

https://eu.azcentral.com/

Its a media source
Timcast picked up on  the ridiculous nature, how some idiots see racism in everything, mainly as such people are inheranty racist themselves.

I mean they have turned in  their mind a picture of coalminers, to now represent black face.

I mean imagine now a future, where families cannot hang pictures of their coal miner relatives, because some people take offense to the shortened and horriffic hard lives these coal miners faced. By wrongly claiming its racist to show them how they looked after work.

What needs to happen is that people tell such idiots that take offense to get stuffed

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 pm

Yeah.  Yeah...Timcast co-opted a small-town, chat-column, filler story, and ran it as an alt.right blow-up.

It's not the facts, but the framing that you are so anxious to protect.

Fook the framing...I'll read the facts and make my own judgments.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yeah.  Yeah...Timcast co-opted a small-town, chat-column, filler story, and ran it as an alt.right blow-up.

It's not the facts, but the framing that you are so anxious to protect.

Fook the framing...I'll read the facts and make my own judgments.

Good for you Quill and as seen some of the rest of us will sigh again at the stupidity of some who see racism in a picture of coal miners after work

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:13 pm

My grandfather, uncles and neighbours used to home looking like that and used to have a few drinks before bathing, I can assure anyone they weren't blacking up for fun.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Bandwagon.  Like the current trend for beards, or jeans with the arse round the knees.  We have a whole generation who've never had it hard, and probably never will, so they have nothing to focus on but outrage and drama.

Exactly.

Except I love a beard!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:38 am

How about a Grey one ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down