NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive: Labour embroiled in latest sexual harassment scandal as MP accused of pestering official to ‘come back to my hotel’

Go down

Exclusive: Labour embroiled in latest sexual harassment scandal as MP accused of pestering official to ‘come back to my hotel’  Empty Exclusive: Labour embroiled in latest sexual harassment scandal as MP accused of pestering official to ‘come back to my hotel’

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:47 am

A Labour MP who allegedly pestered a young female official to "come back to my hotel" after blocking her from getting into a taxi is not facing an investigation after the party said the incident was not sexual harassment.

Labour's ruling body, the National Executive Committee, failed to interview the woman after she submitted an official complaint or take evidence from another male MP who witnessed the incident.

The NEC subsequently claimed that there was "not sufficient prima facie evidence" to suggest that the event she described "was motivated by a protected characteristic."

The MP who witnessed the incident said he was "baffled" that he had not been asked to make a statement before a decision was made on whether to take the complaint forward.

The woman said that the decision not to investigate the incident had made her feel like "a victim all over again"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/17/exclusive-labour-embroiled-latest-sexual-harassment-scandal/

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Labour embroiled in latest sexual harassment scandal as MP accused of pestering official to ‘come back to my hotel’  Empty Re: Exclusive: Labour embroiled in latest sexual harassment scandal as MP accused of pestering official to ‘come back to my hotel’

Post by Syl Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:37 pm

So years ago some oaf was a bit heavy handed with his chat up line and wouldn't take No for an answer?
He didn't touch her he was just a bloody pest.

Yet 12 years later she still feels like a victim? Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down