NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

5 posters

Go down

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) Empty The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:29 pm

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) Image36

An exclusive investigation by The Canary can reveal that the current Labour ‘coup’ being instigated against Jeremy Corbyn appears to have been orchestrated by a PR company where Tony Blair’s arch spin-doctor, Alastair Campbell, is a senior advisor.

He sits alongside several other figures, all of whom have direct links to the centre-right of the Labour party, and the Fabians at Portland Communications.

Portland Communications is a political consultancy and public relations agency set up in 2001 by Tim Allan, a former adviser to Tony Blair and director of communications at BSkyB.

The firm works globally on campaigns for numerous companies, institutions and governments, and describes its activities by saying:

we help our clients find their way through this new faster, noisier and contested landscape. We design and deliver communications strategies – and are trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world.

Its corporate clients include Barclays, Morrisons and Nestle, and it say their team is made up of “former senior advisors from the highest level of British government and politics, the EU, the UN and the World Economic Forum”.

However, Portland came to The Canary’s attention after an incident surrounding abuse being thrown at Jeremy Corbyn, while he supported Pride in London on 25 June.

He was heckled by apparent Labour party activist Tom Mauchline, who jeered at him that:

it’s your fault! When are you resigning? It’s your fault! I had a Polish friend in tears because you couldn’t get out the vote in Wales, the north and the Midlands. You need to resign. […] Take control Jeremy and resign […] stop using the gay movement as a shield to protect your weak leadership.

The video was quickly up on the BBC website, which also included an interview with Mauchline afterwards, explaining his reasons for the verbal diatribe he gave to Corbyn. The piece of footage is accredited by the BBC as being “Courtesy of Tom Mauchline”.

Mauchline is a Senior Account Manager for Portland Communication, previously working for the campaign group 38 Degrees. But oddly, Mauchline appears to not be the only ‘Labour activist’ working for Portland. In fact, the majority of its staff have direct links to the party.

Stephen “Steve” Race says in his Twitter bio that he does “a lot of #LabourDoorStep”. Race also works for Blue Rubicon (consultants who often provide commentary on the Labour party) as a partner, and was a senior researcher for Labour MP Ben Bradshaw.

Gregor Poynton describes himself as “Formerly @ScottishLabour @UKLabour @bsd […] Quite a bit of digital, politics”. Poynton is head of content and brand at Portland.

Kevin McKeever‘s Twitter header is an image of Labour pin badges. He also works for Portland, as a partner.

The three men all share two things in common. They are all acquaintances of Tom Mauchline, but furthermore two of them stood as PPC’s in the 2015 general election for Labour. Poynton hoped to be nominated, but was eventually caught up in the Falkirk fiasco. None of them were elected, and none of them supported Corbyn in the leadership contest. McKeever supported Andy Burnham, Steve Race backed Liz Kendall and Poynton (who incidentally is married to former Labour MP Gemma Doyle) appeared to back Kendall as well, as he is a supporter of the centre-right Labour faction “Progress”.

Their Twitter timelines show they are all actively promoting the campaign against Corbyn. Retweeting each other, sharing the same video footage of Alastair Campbell – with McKeever writing in his local newspaper and even creating a short film of the Momentum rally at Parliament Square on Monday:

Much more including photos of tweets: http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) Empty Re: The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:48 pm

They want corbyn to resign too so people can start saying that because we have a new tory leader and a new Labour leader... then we need to have a new generation election because no one voted for either... then they will try to manufacture the line that whatever the result it somehow means that the majority of people voted for pro eu party's... therefore the people have spoken to remain in the eu...

I think that it is labour MPs who need to start resigning from their positions as MPs... as they are obviously out of step with what the British people actually want!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) Empty Re: The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Well, SOMEONE had to manufacture it...Corbyns too useless to engineer his own downfall......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Tbh Tommy, I don't know the source of this article, that is to say, I've never read 'The Canary' before so I've no idea how it pans out as a reliable news teller.

I'll have to ask Ben Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Why don't labour MPs support him...?

He voiced the labour policy of pro eu...

Do the labour MPs now think this was wrong?

Are they all now against the eu and therefore against corbyn for saying we should stay in...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Well, SOMEONE had to manufacture it...Corbyns too useless to engineer his own downfall......

I've been watching him a bit more recently, he really has had a personality transplant.
It's like someone came along and sapped all the colour out of him. In years to come I'm going to swear blind I watched him in black and white!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 am

eddie wrote:Tbh Tommy, I don't  know the source of this article, that is to say, I've never read 'The Canary' before so I've no idea how it pans out as a reliable news teller.

I'll have to ask Ben Razz

Have you check with > https://fullfact.org/europe/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 pm

eddie wrote:The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) Image36

An exclusive investigation by The Canary can reveal that the current Labour ‘coup’ being instigated against Jeremy Corbyn appears to have been orchestrated by a PR company where Tony Blair’s arch spin-doctor, Alastair Campbell, is a senior advisor.

He sits alongside several other figures, all of whom have direct links to the centre-right of the Labour party, and the Fabians at Portland Communications.

Portland Communications is a political consultancy and public relations agency set up in 2001 by Tim Allan, a former adviser to Tony Blair and director of communications at BSkyB.

The firm works globally on campaigns for numerous companies, institutions and governments, and describes its activities by saying:

we help our clients find their way through this new faster, noisier and contested landscape. We design and deliver communications strategies – and are trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world.

Its corporate clients include Barclays, Morrisons and Nestle, and it say their team is made up of “former senior advisors from the highest level of British government and politics, the EU, the UN and the World Economic Forum”.

However, Portland came to The Canary’s attention after an incident surrounding abuse being thrown at Jeremy Corbyn, while he supported Pride in London on 25 June.

He was heckled by apparent Labour party activist Tom Mauchline, who jeered at him that:

it’s your fault! When are you resigning? It’s your fault! I had a Polish friend in tears because you couldn’t get out the vote in Wales, the north and the Midlands. You need to resign. […] Take control Jeremy and resign […] stop using the gay movement as a shield to protect your weak leadership.

The video was quickly up on the BBC website, which also included an interview with Mauchline afterwards, explaining his reasons for the verbal diatribe he gave to Corbyn. The piece of footage is accredited by the BBC as being “Courtesy of Tom Mauchline”.

Mauchline is a Senior Account Manager for Portland Communication, previously working for the campaign group 38 Degrees. But oddly, Mauchline appears to not be the only ‘Labour activist’ working for Portland. In fact, the majority of its staff have direct links to the party.

Stephen “Steve” Race says in his Twitter bio that he does “a lot of #LabourDoorStep”. Race also works for Blue Rubicon (consultants who often provide commentary on the Labour party) as a partner, and was a senior researcher for Labour MP Ben Bradshaw.

Gregor Poynton describes himself as “Formerly @ScottishLabour @UKLabour @bsd […] Quite a bit of digital, politics”. Poynton is head of content and brand at Portland.

Kevin McKeever‘s Twitter header is an image of Labour pin badges. He also works for Portland, as a partner.

The three men all share two things in common. They are all acquaintances of Tom Mauchline, but furthermore two of them stood as PPC’s in the 2015 general election for Labour. Poynton hoped to be nominated, but was eventually caught up in the Falkirk fiasco. None of them were elected, and none of them supported Corbyn in the leadership contest. McKeever supported Andy Burnham, Steve Race backed Liz Kendall and Poynton (who incidentally is married to former Labour MP Gemma Doyle) appeared to back Kendall as well, as he is a supporter of the centre-right Labour faction “Progress”.

Their Twitter timelines show they are all actively promoting the campaign against Corbyn. Retweeting each other, sharing the same video footage of Alastair Campbell – with McKeever writing in his local newspaper and even creating a short film of the Momentum rally at Parliament Square on Monday:

Much more including photos of tweets: http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/

He's exactly right, they are trying to get rid because the Chilcott Report is due any day and many of them voted for Iraq.   Plus, apart from one or two NONE of them voted against the Tory Welfare Bill that the Lords threw out, those that are standing behind Corbyn all voted against it.

3/4 of them were told by their Constituency Labour Party's (the ones that do the work to get them elected) NOT to vote against JC.   Angela Eagle was one of them.   Compare what she said a few days ago to now:

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) CmLhDxWWMAAf8nd

The are pressurings him to resign because that way his name will be kept off the ballot paper.   As the standing Leader, it automatically goes on.  The Labour members are right behind him every step of the way, and it is taking enormous courage on his part to stay

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE) CmL-OsHWEAA-0EN

He knew this would happen, it's the last gasp of the Blairites to stop REAL Labour policies.  Unlike Cameron he won't be saying 'I resign, because I'm not going to do the shit work'.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Sassy I feel no way or the other about it tbh, it's like everything with the smears and stories, but Corbyn does come across as someone who watches the world, rather than actually partake in it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Sorry Eddie, but that is total rubbish, he has been fighting for people's rights and a decent society ever since he entered Parliament, has people flocking to listen to him, the fact the media deliberately don't report it is not his problem.   He also talks about the subject instead of smearing others and won't go down to their level.  About time we had someone like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Why don't tbe media report it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Why was he a Euro sceptic for around 30 years, and suddenly, he changed.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

nicko wrote:Why was he a Euro sceptic for around 30 years,    and suddenly,      he changed.

Well exactly. The big EU-turn is a big turn-off for his fans.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:46 pm

I have to take my hat off to Jeremy Corbyn on this occasion. He hasn't bowed to pressure to resign - not yet anyway. Maybe he's made of sterner stuff than he appears.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I have to take my hat off to Jeremy Corbyn on this occasion. He hasn't bowed to pressure to resign - not yet anyway. Maybe he's made of sterner stuff than he appears.

Or it's pig-ignorance. We shall see.
Tbf, much as I think he's wet, he hasn't been given a proper chance, and everyone deserves a chance.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I have to take my hat off to Jeremy Corbyn on this occasion. He hasn't bowed to pressure to resign - not yet anyway. Maybe he's made of sterner stuff than he appears.

Or it's pig-ignorance. We shall see.
Tbf, much as I think he's wet, he hasn't been given a proper chance, and everyone deserves a chance.

Politicians usually resign at the drop of a hat, or when there's the slightest pressure, so it's refreshing to see one who stands by his own opinion of himself. I still wouldn't support him myself though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down