NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools

+6
nicko
veya_victaous
eddie
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools - Page 2 Empty France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

France is to impose a total ban on pupils using mobile phones in primary and secondary schools starting in September 2018, its education minister has confirmed.

Phones are already forbidden in French classrooms but starting next school year, pupils will be barred from taking them out at breaks, lunch times and between lessons.

Teachers and parents are divided over a total ban, however, with some saying children must be able to "live in their time". In France, some 93 per cent of 12 to 17-year-olds own mobile phones.

"These days the children don't play at break time anymore, they are just all in front of their smartphones and from an educational point of view that's a problem," said Jean-Michel Blanquer, the French education minister.

"This is about ensuring the rules and the law are respected. The use of telephones is banned in class. With headmasters, teachers and parents, we must come up with a way of protecting pupils from loss of concentration via screens and phones," he said.

"Are we going to ban mobile phones from schools? The answer is yes."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/11/france-impose-total-ban-mobile-phones-schools/

Back to top Go down

France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools - Page 2 Empty Re: France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:People shouldn't have or do things I don't like.  Wink

Name them and I'll see if you have a  right to.  Cool

Eating haggis. I see me reason people should be allowed to consume something so foul. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools - Page 2 Empty Re: France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 pm

So still no reason why kids at school should have a camera/video camera during school time...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So still no reason why kids at school should have a camera/video camera during school time...

No reason they shouldn't.

Are you always so authoritarian Herr Tommy?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 pm

There are reasons why they shouldn't... but I'm asking you why you think they should be allowed...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There are reasons why they shouldn't... but I'm asking you why you think they should be allowed...?

Because they want to have them?

Were your ancestors Hitler youth organizers?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:There are reasons why they shouldn't... but I'm asking you why you think they should be allowed...?

So based on your reasoning, you would allow a child to carry a knife to school, based on them wanting to have them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 pm

So... still no real reasons then...?

Ok...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So based on your reasoning, you would allow a child to carry a knife to school, based on them wanting to have them?

Why not? I carry a knife everywhere. As long as a child doesn't threaten people with it, I have no problems with a kid using a knife to cut up his apple. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why not? I carry a knife everywhere. As long as a child doesn't threaten people with it, I have no problems with a kid using a knife to cut up his apple. Wink

How would you know that child is not going to use it?

Children get into fights all the time. What if he is being bullied?

Sorry, but the worst part of your argument is that you do not even see how such technology is leading the decline in social skills for children. Taking away such gadgets would lead to children interacting more at school, espcially during their breaks.

Plus we see other problems arise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/12/generation-children-lured-gambling-online-computer-games-experts/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sorry, but the worst part of your argument is that you do not even see how such technology is leading the decline in social skills for children. Taking away such gadgets would lead to children interacting more at school, espcially during their breaks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/12/generation-children-lured-gambling-online-computer-games-experts/

How do you know I won't use mine?

That's the problem with freedom. It's scary for some people.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well that is why we have laws on dangereous weapons and that people have to have licences.

No child should have whilst in school

The problem with your world of freedom is it based around how you expect how others should all act like you.

The world does not function that way

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well that is why we have laws on dangereous weapons and that people have to have licences.

The problem with your world of freedom is it based around how you expect how others should all act like you.

Yeah. Ask you masters if you can carry a knife around the plantation. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yeah. Ask you masters if you can carry a knife around the plantation.    Wink

I dont have any masters, but like growing up, I respected the rules governed by my parents. Just as we do whilst at work, as we do at school. You are on their property, not yours. The point is on reasonble rules, and this is a reasonable rule.

Why would you need to carry a knife around a plantation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yeah. Ask you masters if you can carry a knife around the plantation.    Wink

I dont have any masters, but like growing up, I respected the rules governed by my parents. Just as we do whilst at work, as we do at school. You are on their property, not yours. The point is on reasonble rules, and this is a reasonable rule.

To cut a piece of rope?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

To cut a piece of rope?

So you do not have safety knives there then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

To cut a piece of rope?

Hahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, and we have training wheels for our bikes too. Then we grow up.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha!

Did you?

Never used stablilizors myself. We were taught, you first have to learn to fall to walk.

Anyhow, so its a tool at a plantation, has a knife a tool at school in a history lesson?

Demonstrating the Aztec sacrifice practice literally?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha!

Did you?

Never used stablilizors myself. We were taught, you first have to learn to fall to walk.

Anyhow, so its a tool at a plantation, has a knife a tool at school in a history lesson?

Yeah, I sacrificed 3 people yesterday. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Did you?

Was that the body and blood of Christ 3 times?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, I was carving pentagrams on the bodies of Christians. cheers
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, I was carving pentagrams on the bodies of Christians.  cheers

So they are still alive then and you have a unique body tatooing pratice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, I was carving pentagrams on the bodies of Christians.  cheers

Nah. Fed them to the pigs. Probably should outlaw pigs too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Nah. Fed them to the pigs. Probably  should outlaw pigs too.

I love a bacon sarnie myself Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nah. Fed them to the pigs. Probably  should outlaw pigs too.

I love a bacon sarnie myself  Laughing

It's not halal. You shouldn't eat that stuff.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I love a bacon sarnie myself  Laughing

It's not halal. You shouldn't eat that stuff.

Well I am an athiest.

Formely a Catholic

With both, there is no restriction on eating pork... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 pm

If you advocate 'freedom'... then that doesn't just stop at letting kids have cameras/video cameras and knives at school... it means no restrictions of anything for anyone, kids as well as teachers... and extend it further it means no school at all... extend further then there isn't anyone doing anything, other than 'what they want'... resulting in nobody going to work... no public services... no shops... no school kids moaning about not being able to have camera/video camera facility smartphones at schools, because there are no longer any schools... as well as their smartphones stopped working anyway too cos no workers running networks anymore and electricity down everywhere too for same reason...

Are you seriously advocating a 'free for all'...?

Or are you saying 'freedom' is only something to be allowed for 'some (special) people' of your choosing...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
If you advocate 'freedom'... then that doesn't just stop at letting kids have cameras/video cameras and knives at school... it means no restrictions of anything for anyone, kids as well as teachers... and extend it further it means no school at all... extend further then there isn't anyone doing anything, other than 'what they want'... resulting in nobody going to work... no public services... no shops... no school kids moaning about not being able to have camera/video camera facility smartphones at schools, because there are no longer any schools... as well as their smartphones stopped working anyway too cos no workers running networks anymore and electricity down everywhere too for same reason...

Or are you saying 'freedom' is only something to be allowed for 'some (special) people' of your choosing...!?

Green given, was basically going to say the same thing.

Shall we just do away with police and laws altogether, Maddog?

There are boundaries and restrictions in life, there is nothing wrong with introducing those at a young age. In fact better that they are.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:21 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

There are boundaries and restrictions in life, there is nothing wrong with introducing those at a young age. In fact better that they are.

You are not grasping maddog yet Eilzel are you?

He is not as you seem.

Read between the lines

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I would like to restrict creating some of the boundaries. Smile

I don't know how much freedom we can handle, but I know that I am in no danger of having too much of it. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

He is not as you seem.

Read between the lines

Yes, I get shit from the left and the right. Hell, they even agree on some threads and both come after me.

I am not like most people. cheers
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

He is not as you seem.

Read between the lines

Yes, I get shit from the left and the right. Hell, they even agree on some threads and both come after me.

I am not like most people. cheers  

Hats off mate, you play both sides and it takes empathic intelligence to play off any side. To argue against something you do not agree with. In other words, you can even still relate to those you do not agree with.

That is a fine quality.

At least you explore the other side of the argument.. Cool

I knew something was wrong in the other debate and started to sing this. You lost being convincing, the more ridiculous you got, but fair play... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 am

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I don't know how much freedom we can handle, but I know that I am in no danger of having too much of it. Wink

I think many could handle a lot of freedom, Maddog, but too much could give too much opportunity for destruction (however big or small) to the wrong kinds of people.

You clearly have a strong ideology that puts absolute freedom on a pedastal. I dare say you'd abolish a state police force and army and have people only protect themselves. Ideology is fine to an extent imo, but dangerous when every decision made os not on the premise of 'is this a good decision' but rather 'is this decision consistent with my ideology?'
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 am

Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I think many could handle a lot of freedom, Maddog, but too much could give too much opportunity for destruction (however big or small) to the wrong kinds of people.

You clearly have a strong ideology that puts absolute freedom on a pedastal. I dare say you'd abolish a state police force and army and have people only protect themselves. Ideology is fine to an extent imo, but dangerous when every decision made os not on the premise of 'is this a good decision' but rather 'is this decision consistent with my ideology?'

We could cut our police force in half, and our military by 3/4 and be just fine, however, that would scare the crap out of about 3/4 of the people out there.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 am

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We could cut our police force in half, and our military by 3/4 and be just fine, however, that would scare the crap out of about 3/4 of the people out there.  

Your military I agree. Your police force though, how is crime in America...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 am

Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Decreasing, with regards to crime (with the military, that is more important than the Police with rouge states)

Point to hand, look at Denmark

Why are prisons closing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Decreasing, with regards to crime (with the military, that is more important than the Police with rouge states)

Point to hand, look at Denmark

Why are prisons closing?

Crime is down. We are closing prisons even here in Texas.

AUSTIN — Texas will shutter more prisons this year than it has in any single year in history, a response to the state's tight budget and shrinking inmate population.

In the state's two-year budget, which lawmakers approved in May, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice was ordered to close four prison facilities by Sept. 1. When all four are closed, tough-on-crime Texas will have shuttered eight prisons in just six years.

Criminal justice reform advocates, agency officials and lawmakers say the closings are possible because of a combination of factors, including falling crime rates and legislative efforts to reduce the number of people who spend time behind bars.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2017/07/05/crime-incarceration-rates-falling-texas-closes-record-number-lock-ups
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 am

Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Why?

they will be like eddie and fell lost without their phone, that will be the only life they know
Isn't the point of school to prepare children for the real world? France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools - Page 2 202592697

really they will probably be live increasing integrated life styles and may stop carrying a 'phone' because the functions are built into clothes and jewelry or even implants. let alone the development of practical Augment Reality systems that will drive a whole new range of Personal devices

When they get a job, they'll probably have to deal with not being allowed to use their phone. It is a pet peeve of mine when we I walk into a shop and the staff are on their phones, like seriously put it down and do your job. Not being able to constantly scroll FB or play Candy Crush is something people need to start get getting used to.

I’m on level 1033.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:32 am

Cass wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

When they get a job, they'll probably have to deal with not being allowed to use their phone. It is a pet peeve of mine when we I walk into a shop and the staff are on their phones, like seriously put it down and do your job. Not being able to constantly scroll FB or play Candy Crush is something people need to start get getting used to.

I’m on level 1033.

OK, I support banning Candy Crush. That's like communism or some shit on steroids.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am

Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Why?

they will be like eddie and fell lost without their phone, that will be the only life they know
Isn't the point of school to prepare children for the real world? France to impose total ban on mobile phones in schools - Page 2 202592697

really they will probably be live increasing integrated life styles and may stop carrying a 'phone' because the functions are built into clothes and jewelry or even implants. let alone the development of practical Augment Reality systems that will drive a whole new range of Personal devices

a lot of those jobs will be gone in their life times anyway. Neutral
Education needs a revolution to catch up to the reality of modern technology.

I think those examples are some of the reasons why the reality of smart phones needs to be factored into education. a smart phone is a powerful tool and with the right apps can be a valuable learning tool, basically train them as children to see the phone as a tool not just a distraction. Plus integrated with smart boards etc you can change the classroom interaction, it replaces a notebook and text books and the old overhead projector (and the smart board replaces the chalk board). rather then taking notes the getting links sent to them, it's multimedia format so can be adapted to cater to a larger spectrum of learning styles.

also, including subject material that teaches them how to better filter the media they are bombarded with.
I think less effort should be put into repetition and memorizing and more into 'critical thinking'.

And let them use calculators!!!! they are always going to have one on them bounce bounce bounce bounce
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 am

if an EMP comes along we are all fucked !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Why?

a lot of those jobs will be gone in their life times anyway.  Neutral
Education needs a revolution to catch up to the reality of modern technology.

I think those examples are some of the reasons why the reality of smart phones needs to be factored into education. a smart phone is a powerful tool and with the right apps can be a valuable learning tool, basically train them as children to see the phone as a tool not just a distraction. Plus integrated with smart boards etc you can change the classroom interaction, it replaces a notebook and text books and the old overhead projector (and the smart board replaces the chalk board). rather then taking notes the getting links sent to them, it's multimedia format so can be adapted to cater to a larger spectrum of learning styles.

also, including subject material that teaches them how to better filter the media they are bombarded with.
I think less effort should be put into repetition and memorizing and more into 'critical thinking'.

And let them use calculators!!!! they are always going to have one on them  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  

I agree with incorporating tech in the classroom, but a personal mobile phone is not essential, and no one is suffering not knowing how to use them well Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Ta for greenie Les...!

Is that a first...?

Laughing

And still no reasons for kids to have video cameras in school time I see still...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

nicko wrote:if an EMP comes along we are all fucked !

I'm not. You would be surprised how well I can function without electronics. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

I’m on level 1033.

OK, I support banning Candy Crush. That's like communism or some shit on steroids.

Hater geek
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Hater geek

It's the damn requests!!!!!!!

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Ta for greenie Les...!

Is that a first...?

Laughing

And still no reasons for kids to have video cameras in school time I see still...

First, I'd like to think not the last. That's the yearly quota, though, guess Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Hater geek

You can block the requests.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nah. That's like banning. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Nah.  That's like banning.   Wink

Oh you... lol! stop making me laugh. It hurts.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nah.  That's like banning.   Wink

Oh you... lol! stop making me laugh. It hurts.

I'm consistently irritating. Smile
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2