NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

+7
nicko
Raggamuffin
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Eilzel
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 7 Empty If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apparently homosexuality is a sin - if you put a certain spin on the bible texts.

Yet it is claimed god is all powerful.

If he is all powerful why did he create homosexuality?

If he is all powerful why does he refuse to help those who believe that interpretation of the bible when they beg him to help them change?

Surely the evidence is that if god does exist he is one sadistic bugger.

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 7 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:41 pm

veya_victaous wrote:No Smelly I have Faith that there is 'something greater than us' but will not believe something that HAS BEEN DISPROVEN. Believing is something disproven is just stupid and wrong

@HF
what do you mean?
name a written religion and I will show you where it contradicts itself or can easily be show to be out right Wrong in the face of Empirical evidence.

IF you don't accept Mathematics is the ultimate proof/truth there is no point discussing further as your arguments are pointless, the language of the universe is Mathematics. What would an Alien care about some text in a minority language only found on a very small section of a very small planet?

Agreed you are stupid

However the existence of a deity has not been disproved

Back to top Go down

If god is all powerful why does he allow sin? - Page 7 Empty Re: If god is all powerful why does he allow sin?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 pm

veya_victaous wrote:No Smelly I have Faith that there is 'something greater than us' but will not believe something that HAS BEEN DISPROVEN. Believing is something disproven is just stupid and wrong

@HF
what do you mean?
name a written religion and I will show you where it contradicts itself or can easily be show to be out right Wrong in the face of Empirical evidence.

IF you don't accept Mathematics is the ultimate proof/truth there is no point discussing further as your arguments are pointless, the language of the universe is Mathematics. What would an Alien care about some text in a minority language only found on a very small section of a very small planet?

lol you claim you can prove God does not exist and your proof is aliens do, my goodness talk about classic comedy.... lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 am

@HF
NO I can Prove the GOD AS DESCIBED IN THE BIBLE does not exist. You see the Bible Gives Figures that can be used it Gave a sepecifc definiton and the specifics fo that defintion can be broken down and disproven. It only takes ONE specific to be wrong to Prove that the CHRISTIAN GOD does not exist.

Mathamatecally the chances of there being another life form in the Universe are near 100%. I never said they would be intelligent but they will almost definitly exist they may be merely a bacteria like organism.

SO You Do you have a religion that You want to Put up? I will pull it a part for you using Mathamatics, Chemisrty and Physics.

@smelly
the existance of the deity described in the Bible has been disproven Multipule times on mutlipule counts. You really are very ignorant, you don't understand basic scientific or theological Concepts. What the fuck have you done with your life to avoid all forms of knowledge? You don't even poses the faulty theological knowledge of HF. How old are you? if your in your 20's I guess you got time to learn.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

@HF
what do you mean?

Agreed you are stupid

Nor need it be. The positive assertion is that he exists. Unless and until that can be proven, you just ignore them.

A bearded old man walking on clouds is a bit too much to fathom. Tell me again, why doesn't he fall through, at a minimum bumping his nose?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:@HF
NO I can Prove the GOD AS DESCIBED IN THE BIBLE does not exist. You see the Bible Gives Figures that can be used it Gave a sepecifc definiton and the specifics fo that defintion can be broken down and disproven. It only takes ONE specific to be wrong to Prove that the CHRISTIAN GOD does not exist.

Mathamatecally the chances of there being another life form in the Universe are near 100%. I never said they would be intelligent but they will almost definitly exist they may be merely a bacteria like organism.

SO You Do you have a religion that You want to Put up? I will pull it a part for you using Mathamatics, Chemisrty and Physics.

@smelly
the existance of the deity described in the Bible has been disproven Multipule times on mutlipule counts. You really are very ignorant, you don't understand basic scientific or theological Concepts. What the fuck have you done with your life to avoid all forms of knowledge? You don't even poses the faulty theological knowledge of HF. How old are you? if your in your 20's I guess you got time to learn.

lol go ahead veya i could do with a laugh...i want to see you pull apart, what has stood all this time... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Agreed you are stupid

Nor need it be.  The positive assertion is that he exists.  Unless and until that can be proven, you just ignore them.  

A bearded old man walking on clouds is a bit too much to fathom.  Tell me again, why doesn't he fall through, at a minimum bumping his nose?

If a person needs proof of a god’s existence, then we turn the idea of spirituality into sensuality and we have converted what is holy into what is logical

Faith is not granted by tangible proof,since tangible proof would eliminate the need to "believe" It comes from the heart and the soul and cannot be proved or disproved.

do you truly believe that god is supposed to be an old bearded man walking amongst the clouds, and that is why you cannot believe it??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:50 am

@smelly

you have not disproved a single thing, all you have done is rant about maths and science and physics

im confused as to how you will use maths chemistry and physics to disprove something that only exists in the heart,soul and mind

you say you can mathematically disprove the existence of the biblical god?? go ahead and present the mathematical equations that will disprove my spiritual belief

religion is as old as man and more intelligent people than yourself have tried to dismantle religion

religion is still going strong

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

@smelly

you have not disproved a single thing, all you have done is rant about maths and science and physics

im confused as to how you will use maths chemistry and physics to disprove something that only exists in the heart,soul and mind

you say you can mathematically disprove the existence of the biblical god?? go ahead and present the mathematical equations that will disprove my spiritual belief

religion is as old as man and more intelligent people than yourself have tried to dismantle religion

Do you understand that religious theology and faith are 2 different things? You can have faith (I do) but if you want to define it with stories then you will have some problems because they will present things that it claim to be facts. Which can be proven otherwise.

You can believe in a god but the one defined in the Bible is provable to be inaccurate or false. Because it give specific numbers, like the age of the earth which it got hugely wrong
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:36 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

@smelly

Amen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:29 am

And how many religions have been dismantled??? that would be quite a lot

And one of the first group of Christians the Coptic Christians is all most wiped out.

Atheism is the fastest  grouping spiritual group in many western nations...

Do you really think your one god will out last as long as the Great Rainbow Serpent? No others have, Thousands have came and gone over the time he has been worshiped. There are sites dedicated to him that have had continuous usage that are twice as old as your god claims the earth to be. 

The Christ god has a long way to go he has only been worshiped about 2,000 years the Rainbow Serpent is getting close to 40,000  Wink  Even if we expand to monotheist and go back to Zoroastrian You only get just over 3,000  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:And how many religions have been dismantled??? that would be quite a lot

And one of the first group of Christians the Coptic Christians is all most wiped out.

Atheism is the fastest  grouping spiritual group in many western nations...

Do you really think your one god will out last as long as the Great Rainbow Serpent? No others have, Thousands have came and gone over the time he has been worshiped. There are sites dedicated to him that have had continuous usage that are twice as old as your god claims the earth to be. 

The Christ god has a long way to go he has only been worshiped about 2,000 years the Rainbow Serpent is getting close to 40,000  Wink  Even if we expand to monotheist and go back to Zoroastrian You only get just over 3,000  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

"Atheism is the fastest grouping spiritual group in many western nations..."

::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

@smelly

The burden of proof is on you, there is now way either side can prove one way or another on the existence of such a thing, but if you believe the burden of proof that a deity exists does fall unto you, not me to disprove your belief there is a deity. I can show your faith is balderdash in Christianity, as it clearly contradicts with the writings and plagerizes other works.

I don;t see people going around stating prove the Loch Ness Monster does not exists but that people try to prove it does, that burden of proof does stand with you and others.

So the question is, do you believe a God exists?

If yes, you thus need to prove it, as I have no need to prove something does not exist of which there is no evidence of and I am disputing the claims made in religious works.

Hi Veya

The first Christians, there were two groups, the Jewish Christians who observed the Torah and only saw Jesus as a Messiah and those following Paul, the former were wiped out when the Romans subdued the first Jewish revolt. The views then further fragmented with Gnosticism, Arianism and Pauline Christianity of which you are correct the later was decided upon by Constantine by the council Nicea. Thus what smelly and HF follow today is the Pauline view on Christianity, not essentially the view of Jesus himself as it has been distorted with their views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Do you understand that religious theology and faith are 2 different things? You can have faith (I do) but if you want to define it with stories then you will have some problems because they will present things that it claim to be facts. Which can be proven otherwise.

You can believe in a god but the one defined in the Bible is provable to be inaccurate or false. Because it give specific numbers, like the age of the earth which it got hugely wrong

faith is based on religious theology

without religious theology constructing a deity there can be no knowledge or faith in that deity

you cannot disprove christian religious theology, you can argue against some of the mundane inconsistencies in the bible, but the theological construct of a god presented in the bible cannot be disproved since it is a belief, a faith held in the hearts of souls of people

i have asked you to provide this mathematical equation to disprove my faith and you have failed to do so

you talk a good talk, but that's about all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 pm

I can see a real war of words here with smelly and Veya!!!!

Which religion/God do each of you believe in?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:I can see a real war of words here with smelly and Veya!!!!

smelly has won simple as, you cannot disprove faith, you can try and poke holes in the bible, you can try and show your faith is misplaced but faith is faith and that is that...

:D :D :D :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:45 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

without religious theology constructing a deity there can be no knowledge or faith in that deity

you cannot disprove christian religious theology, you can argue against some of the mundane inconsistencies in the bible, but the theological construct of a god presented in the bible cannot be disproved since it is a belief, a faith held in the hearts of souls of people

i have asked you to provide this mathematical equation to disprove my faith and you have failed to do so

Gobbledygook, the bible is either the word of God or all of it is suspect, being if there are contradictions and faith is solely based upon these claims made being all the word of God.
Thus if parts of this concept fall apart under scrutiny then all of that faith falls apart as it is based on one principle, being the word of God.
Thus if shown that there is contradictions within these works, the concept of your faith can be shown easily to be the work of man not a god, because within your faith God is meant to be infallible.
You are thus left with a dilemma, if verses contradict then clearly it would have to be the work of men and your whole concept of faith being the work of men and that you are being duped

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:I can see a real war of words here with smelly and Veya!!!!

smelly has won simple as, you cannot disprove faith, you can try and poke holes in the bible, you can try and show your faith is misplaced but faith is faith and that is that...

Well as unreligious as I am, I did find it extremely odd when Veya said Jesus was not the son of God!!!!!...

It goes against everything we were taught in school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Well as unreligious as I am, I did find it extremely odd when Veya said Jesus was not the son of God!!!!!...

The fundamental beliefs is to Christians he is God and the son of God in human form, why would atheists see Jesus as the son of God, when they do not believe in God?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 pm

He claimed to be God, that's why the jews got very upset to say the least ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:54 pm

heavenly father wrote:He claimed to be God, that's why the jews got very upset to say the least ..

Why did they put people to death for blasphemy and other failed messiahs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:He claimed to be God, that's why the jews got very upset to say the least ..

who the Jews or the Romans.??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Can you not read in context of the debate, stop stalling and answer the question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Can you not read in context of the debate, stop stalling and answer the question?

so you answer the question did the romans or the jews kill other failed messiahs..?? :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

so you answer the question did the romans or the jews kill other failed messiahs..?? :D 

Yes, the jews stoned to death James, his followers saw him as a messiah also

Whoops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:07 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Gobbledygook, the bible is either the word of God or all of it is suspect, being if there are contradictions and faith is solely based upon these claims made being all the word of God.
Thus if parts of this concept fall apart under scrutiny then all of that faith falls apart as it is based on one principle, being the word of God.
Thus if shown that there is contradictions within these works, the concept of your faith can be shown easily to be the work of man not a god, because within your faith God is meant to be infallible.
You are thus left with a dilemma, if verses contradict then clearly it would have to be the work of men and your whole concept of faith being the work of men and that you are being duped

absolute bollox

the story of David and Goliath is simply a story, it is not the word of god and contributes nothing theologically to the religion

ie you remove or disregard the story of David and Goliath and the religion remains intact, this shows us that Christianity is not built on lynchpins that rely on each other for support

the fact that you think all the bible is the word of god shows that you have never read the bible since the bible contains not only a religious guide but also many stories and historical accounts of events that took place in that time which form a background of the religion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:07 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Whoops

excellent so why didn't they simply stone Jesus as a failed messiah, why bring him to the Romans at all....OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS..... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:10 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Whoops

excellent so why didn't they simply stone Jesus as a failed messiah, why bring him to the Romans at all....OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS..... :D 

Yes indeed why did they not stone him, when they had the power?
mainly because that part of the story is an invention to exonerate the Romans from blame for killing Jesus

Clearly it does not add up why they would need to send Jesus to the Romans, showing it is made up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:13 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

mainly because that part of the story is an invention to exonerate the Romans from blame for killing Jesus

Clearly it does not add up why they would need to send Jesus to the Romans, showing it is made up    

they happily stoned failed messiahs, you claimed that, yet this time they used the Romans, yet you think that part of the story was made up, so did the Jews nail Jesus to the cross???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:14 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

they happily stoned failed messiahs, you claimed that, yet this time they used the Romans, yet you think that part of the story was made up, so did the Jews nail Jesus to the cross???

They never used the Romans that part is made up lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:16 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

The fundamental beliefs is to Christians he is God and the son of God in human form, why would atheists see Jesus as the son of God, when they do not believe in God?

that's the fundamental belief

so go ahead and mathematically disprove that belief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

they never used the romans, that part is made up, so who crucified Jesus? was it the Jews??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Why do i need to use maths, you believe he is the son of God, thus the onus is upon you to prove that. If we were debating evolution, onus is on me, if debating creationism, the onus is on the loons.

So stop squirming out of you having to prove the existence because you claim god exists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

they never used the romans, that part is made up, so who crucified Jesus? was it the Jews??

The Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 pm

:D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:20 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

The Romans

you said the Romans didn't crucify Jesus...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:21 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

The Romans

No I said they did crucify him ha ha

And to smelly I see you chicken out again lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:26 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Really, well it would be a typo, blimey is that all you have to debate ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

typo??? you argued it strongly on two separate occasions saying the jews did it not the Romans..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

typo??? you argued it strongly on two separate occasions saying the jews did it not the Romans..

://?roflmao?/: 

Are you on drugs??

I have stated from the start that the romans executed him ha ha, mate go away you are just now being really dim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Why do i need to use maths, you believe he is the son of God, thus the onus is upon you to prove that. If we were debating evolution, onus is on me, if debating creationism,  the onus is on the loons.

So stop squirming out of you having to prove the existence because you claim god exists.

you can claim god does not exist all you want, you can do it till you're blue in the face,but you cannot PROVE he doesn't exist

that's the gripe you have with god, you need to prove he doesn't exist in order to not believe in him,to justify your atheism

i on the other hand do not need to prove his existence in order to believe in him - that's what we call faith

my faith is not reliant on proof

your disbelief IS reliant on categorical proof that god doesn't exist

and you're fucked off because you cannot find this proof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:38 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Are you on drugs??

I have stated from the start that the romans executed him ha ha, mate go away you are just now being really dim

you're smoking crack

you clearly said that the Romans killing Jesus was an invention

HF has just smashed you to pieces and now you're doing your usual trick of trying to abandon your own argument and take up HF's

the funniest part is that your blaming an entire argument on a typo

do you even know what a typo is??

:/pwn://: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:42 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Are you on drugs??

you're smoking crack

you clearly said that the Romans killing Jesus was an invention

HF has just smashed you to pieces and now you're doing your usual trick of trying to abandon your own argument and take up HF's

the funniest part is that your blaming an entire argument on a typo

do you even know what a typo is??

:/pwn://: 

No Isaid the Jews having a trial on Jesus and killing Jesus was an invention you dingleberry

You muppet he claims the Jews killed jesus, I never said that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i suggest you read your own bullshit again before you continue digging your hole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:50 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Why do i need to use maths, you believe he is the son of God, thus the onus is upon you to prove that. If we were debating evolution, onus is on me, if debating creationism,  the onus is on the loons.

you can claim god does not exist all you want, you can do it till you're blue in the face,but you cannot PROVE he doesn't exist
I have no need to do anything, because the onus is on you to prove that one does exist, so you are asking to prove something does not exist which you cannot yourself prove does, hilarious . So you are saying to me I have to disprove the Loch ness mosnter does not exist now

that's the gripe you have with god, you need to prove he doesn't exist in order to not believe in him,to justify your atheism
No gripe, I have no need to do anything you are the one that claims the existence without any proof

i on the other hand do not need to prove his existence in order to believe in him - that's what we call faith
Yes but faith does not prove existence does it smelly

my faith is not reliant on proof
Yes its based on stupidity your faith, a book and that book contradicts, thus you either think the book is the word of god or not, something you avoid answering?

your disbelief IS reliant on categorical proof that god doesn't exist
Really, my disbelief is solely based on one factor, there is no evidence to show one exists

and you're fucked off because you cannot find this proof  

No you are completely fucked trying to shift onus onto me, where I have no need to do anything, you claim God exists based on faith, so what, that does not mean God exists, you have faith but no proof, thus if you claim to me God exists and does do through the Bible, you are fucked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:51 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

i suggest you read your own bullshit again before you continue digging your hole

Yes please show where i contradict myself, as of yet I am seeing a silly child throw his dummy out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

lol! lol! didge doesn't know what he is saying..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm

heavenly father wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

lol! lol! didge doesn't know what he is saying..lol

Oh I do, this is why I am laughing, show the contradiction HF

cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Blimey how long does it take??
Ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:56 pm

nice one HF i knew you would rip phildidge to pieces on this  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next