NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP Resigns Over Nazi Stag Party

4 posters

Go down

MP Resigns Over Nazi Stag Party Empty MP Resigns Over Nazi Stag Party

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Aidan Burley has announced he will step down as MP for Cannock Chase over his decision to organise a Nazi-themed stag party.

Back to top Go down

MP Resigns Over Nazi Stag Party Empty Re: MP Resigns Over Nazi Stag Party

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:Aidan Burley has announced he will step down as MP for Cannock Chase over his decision to organise a Nazi-themed stag party.

really...does it seem a tad over the top...does it truly say he supports the ideals of that regime..

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 pm

No mention of his political persuasion.
but we can guess. lol! 
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 pm

I agree a bit over the top, what next?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:Aidan Burley has announced he will step down as MP for Cannock Chase over his decision to organise a Nazi-themed stag party.

really...does it seem a tad over the top...does it truly say he supports the ideals of that regime..
if it had been a labor MP it would have caused an meltdown of abuse and assumptions from the RW inclined

but ask your self would you have chosen that costume and does a costume reflect your ideals or personality

Personally I go for super hero costumes or sci-fi costumes and i think that says a lot about me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

if it had been a labor MP it would have caused an meltdown of abuse and assumptions from the RW inclined

but ask your self  would you have chosen that costume and does a costume reflect your ideals or personality

Personally I go for super hero costumes or sci-fi costumes and i think that says a lot about me

Well it's pretty obvious to me, that the RW would be more inclined to hero worship Hitler and the Nazis, rather than a left leaning person, they have so much more in common.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm

It may be a rather thoughtless perhaps, as we still have people who lived through that awful regime but where does it end the Romans slaughtered and enslaved people on an industrial scale should we not go to parties as a legionnery or a emperor what about Caligula or Nero for instance. What about re enactment groups? I do get your point though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Vintage wrote:It may be a rather thoughtless perhaps, as we still have people who lived through that awful regime but where does it end the Romans slaughtered and enslaved people on an industrial scale should we not go to parties as a legionnery or a emperor what about Caligula or Nero for instance. What about re enactment groups? I do get your point though.
yup i agree .basicaly not enough time has past is what your saying give it another 59 year and nobody will care

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Come to think of it it used to be quite popular some years ago to have Nazi type fancy dress parties - quite a few Hitlers used to turn up and great fun was made of Nazis - goosestepping etc. 'we hav ways of making you talk' was the catch phrase. There must have been so many people still around who had been affected directly or in families that would have been very upset and offended and with good reason I suppose. The ignorance of youth.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Except in France, where he organised it and took part in it, it is illegal and he wasn't a 'youth', he was old enough to be an MP and was told it was illegal in that country, and still went ahead. Should have been chucked out at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Catman wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

but ask your self  would you have chosen that costume and does a costume reflect your ideals or personality

Well it's pretty obvious to me, that the RW would be more inclined to hero worship Hitler and the Nazis, rather than a left leaning person, they have so much more in common.

Ed Balls is Right Wing, is he?

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=146538

And yes, I think Burley was absolutely right to resign. He should have done it sooner.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

And yes, I think Burley was absolutely right to resign. He should have done it sooner.

Ed Balls wore an 'Army' uniform and if I remember he was a member of the young Conservative Association at the time. Wised up smartish though.

Agree, Burley was right to hand in his notice.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Ed Balls wore an 'Army' uniform and if I remember he was a member of the young Conservative Association at the time. Wised up smartish though.

Agree, Burley was right to hand in his notice.

And Burley was at a party, as was Ed Balls.

We all did bloody stupid things in our youth (and sometimes older); I once went to a party blacked up and dressed as a cannibal in a grass skirt with a bone through my nose. Am I proud of it now? No I'm most definitely not...I just didn't think it through at the time, and I suspect that neither of them did so either.

I at least am critical of both Burley and Balls for being so insensitive, regardless as to the where and when, and with respect I don't think the "distinctions" you quote hold a lot of water.

One could reasonably regard it as someone on the Left again defending a Labour politician while condemning a Tory for doing much the same thing.

I'm not accusing you of hypocrisy; I'm just saying I think you're wrong.

But it doesn't mean that either of them "hero worship Hitler and the Nazis" as has been fatuously implied in Burley's case. They both simply acted like dickheads.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Catman wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

Well it's pretty obvious to me, that the LW would be more inclined to hero worship Hitler and the Nazis, rather than a right leaning person, they have so much more in common.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down