NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stark truth about the Nazi party

+2
Original Quill
Andy
6 posters

Go down

The stark truth about the Nazi party Empty The stark truth about the Nazi party

Post by Andy Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Check out @JamesMelville’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1058991043696345088?s=09
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The stark truth about the Nazi party Empty Re: The stark truth about the Nazi party

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Thought provoking.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The stark truth about the Nazi party Empty Re: The stark truth about the Nazi party

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Check out @JamesMelville’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1058991043696345088?s=09

I deplore Nazism and racist propaganda as much as anyone else, but I also deplore deception.

You do realise, don't you, that the film could not possibly have been made in this form in 1943 as Melville claims?

Much of it may possibly be authentic but it has been skilfully edited, clearly part of an anti-Trump campaign in advance of the mid term election.

Anyone else notice the clue? This has raised some doubt in my mind as to just how authentic it really is.

Also, Melville is, perhaps, a little more than simply a "Scotsman living in Cornwall" as he likes people to think. He is a PR man and propagandist - and most likely a paid one - for the "People's Vote" campaign for a second referendum aimed at overturning the original vote on our membership of the EU.

Nothing wrong with any of all that of course, but this sort of slick, professional spin doctoring is exactly the sort of tactic that the Remainers themselves complain so loudly about.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:14 pm

There may well be some poetic licence to it.
The message is still clear and very relevant, nevertheless.
Trump is acting, sounding and politicking more likeHitler as each day passes.
Latest Trumpism - sending 15000 troops to protect America from a column of refugees limping slowly northwards. They are 1000 miles south still.

As a matter of interest, the short film "don't be a sucker" is bona fide, is listed on IMDB , and was released in 1943, 1947 and released in 2017.
So it may well be spot on.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Guardian wrote:Don’t Be a Sucker, a 17-minute film made in 1947 by the US war department to warn against fascism, was retweeted over 130,000 times last weekend.

An anti-fascist film produced in the wake of the second world war has gone viral in the wake of the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville that culminated in one person being killed and 19 injured this weekend.

Don’t Be a Sucker was released in 1947 by the US war department, building on an earlier wartime version made in 1943. The 17-minute film depicts a man lamenting African Americans and “foreigners” taking jobs, before drawing parallels between such white nationalism and the rise of the Nazi party in Germany.

Unable to post links at the moment for some odd reason, but this has been doing the rounds for sometime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:33 pm

Yeah, as Didge says, this has been a hot video since Charlottesville last year. I was getting ready to put it up, but just for further info, yes, it was 47 instead of 43, and it's hosted on the YouTube channel of the U.S. National Archives - seems legit to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnAsiniI4DF7vAAe7omWWFQ
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:Yeah, as Didge says, this has been a hot video since Charlottesville last year. I was getting ready to put it up, but just for further info, yes, it was 47 instead of 43, and it's hosted on the YouTube channel of the U.S. National Archives - seems legit to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnAsiniI4DF7vAAe7omWWFQ

I knew that it could not have been filmed in its entirely and in the Third Reich in 1943 because the final shot was staged by a military propaganda unit for the Russian and world Press after the Red Army had overrun Berlin in 1945, much as the Americans staged the raising of the Stars and Stripes over Iwo Jima in the same year.

I'm not arguing with the message; it is as relevant now as it was then.

It's just that as an ex-hack I get a little jumpy when I see someone declaring publicly that propaganda is the "stark truth" - about anything.

That, actually, was the technique of a certain Herr Josef Goebbels.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm

But it is directly on point, if only symbolically off target. Charlottesville was eye opening to many Americans, though I feel frustrated inasmuch as I've been telling them for years.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Well spotted Moley!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Alive and kicking in America, it seems.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6394833/White-official-tells-black-woman-belongs-master-race.html
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:04 pm

He meant she was part of the master race because they both have a gap in their teeth.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down