NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Labour peer resigns party whip

2 posters

Go down

Second Labour peer resigns party whip Empty Second Labour peer resigns party whip

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Second Labour peer resigns party whip _86304938_gettyimages-105459708

The barrister and master of Clare College Cambridge will remain a party member but will sit as a crossbencher.

He told the Times Jeremy Corbyn's proposals were "terribly damaging".

It comes five days after former junior health minister Lord Warner resigned the Labour whip, saying the party did not have a "hope in hell" of winning power under its new leader.

Lord Grabiner said Labour was now in "disarray" and that he could not "square [staying] with my conscience".
He added: "I have nothing in common whatever with Mr Corbyn and I don't believe we are ever going to win an election."

He also said he was particularly concerned about John McDonnell's appointment as shadow chancellor. "I am concerned with the economic stuff. I am really concerned with the shadow chancellor," he declared.

Former Labour cabinet minister Lord Mandelson has also criticised Mr Corbyn. Speaking on the BBC's Week in Westminster programme, he said the Labour leader was not "growing into the job at all".

Mr Corbyn was not showing "any professionalism in his leadership of the Labour party", and had made poor choices in his appointment of senior staff in his team, he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34625487

Things definitely can only get better for the Labour Party.................or can they???? Second Labour peer resigns party whip Questi17 Perhaps damage limitation may be an idea???!

Back to top Go down

Second Labour peer resigns party whip Empty Re: Second Labour peer resigns party whip

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Thank goodness he did, he put forward the idea of people paying to see a GP, glad to be rid of him.

Back to top Go down

Second Labour peer resigns party whip Empty Re: Second Labour peer resigns party whip

Post by captain Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:28 am

This spooks me to admit this, but I am finding some in the labour are not so bad, Simon Danezuk impressed me with his book on Cyril Smith. "smile for the camera".
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm

captainJane wrote:This spooks me to admit this, but I am finding some in the labour are not so bad, Simon Danezuk impressed me with his book on Cyril Smith. "smile for the camera".

Hi CaptainJane, Simon Danzuk is a critic of Corbyn too.  I'm not saying what Corbyn has achieved is all bad.  He's certainly sparked my interest in politics.  

He has made sure that I will NEVER EVER waste my vote again.  Even the remote possibility that he might run this country scares the living daylights out of me!!!! Second Labour peer resigns party whip Scared12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:35 pm

I am really enjoying watching the labour party self destruct in front of our eyes. It is even better watching those who claimed to fully support the blairite labour party now throw their weigh fully behind the politburo.

I look forward to seeing the show trials in coming months as those who dont follow the party line are denounced and paraded in the streets before getting a quick bullet in the back of the head

#JoyOfJoys
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down