NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside.

+5
Cass
magica
'Wolfie
Andy
Syl
9 posters

Go down

David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside. Empty David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside.

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm

For ladies of a certain age he was the No 1 heartthrob back in the day....well either he or Donny Osmond, a bit like the Beatles and the Stones people usually were fans of one or the other. Both him and Donny have had long successful careers.
David starred in the Partridge family for years and had a great international  singing career. Now at the age of 67 he is suffering from dementia and has been recently rushed to hospital with multiple organ failure, his family have been told to prepare for the worse as he clings onto life.  Sad

For all the Cassidy fans out there.
David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside. 443ff80fbda1b7b04406bbc4bc285e42

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/david-cassidy-moved-to-icu-as-condition-worsens/ar-BBFflvR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside. Empty Re: David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside.

Post by Andy Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Same old story.
Couldnt handle the fame.
Turned to drink and drugs.
The endgame is always the same.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside. Empty Re: David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside.

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Same old story.
Couldnt handle the fame.

Not always ..Keith Richards springs to mind.

Anyway...re David Cassidy, he brought so much pleasure to so many people, and even if this is the end of the line for him, he has done well to reach the age of 67 and still be entertaining people as recently as last year.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Arrow

More proof that heavy abuse of drugs and booze does do permanent damage...

Even though many of them may well have 'cleaned up their act' a couple of decades ago, so many of those actors and musicians have been dying relatively early, from cancers, dementia, strokes, liver failure..

All the "vegan" diets, all the quack cures, all the money needed to chase the best genuine medical treatments, all can't beat nature in the end.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm

I loved him when I was younger, handsome too.

Sadly drugs, booze and lifestyle has ruined his body. It's a matter of time before he succumbs. His liver has sclerosis, kidneys on their way out. He won't last long,

Shame.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Ah memories Sad
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Same old story.
Couldnt handle the fame.

I agree, Andy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 pm

But....how many people die at the same age never having lived much of a life?
We all make choices, he made his...and I bet in his last lucid thoughts he must thing..."I did OK for almost 70 years".cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm gutted. I was the right age to be a David Cassidy fan, and I know all his songs. Crying or Very sad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm gutted. I was the right age to be a David Cassidy fan, and I know all his songs. Crying or Very sad

I used to watch the Partridge Family show over and over again. Sad
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm gutted. I was the right age to be a David Cassidy fan, and I know all his songs. Crying or Very sad

He made some great songs. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Cass wrote:

I used to watch the Partridge Family show over and over again.  Sad

Loved this one.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cass wrote:

I used to watch the Partridge Family show over and over again.  Sad

Loved this one.

Sigh...he was unbelievably gorgeous and such talent. I remember wanting all of their outfits Laughing

Another favorite.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 pm

I loved Cherish I think I love you. Never missed an episode of the Partridge Family either.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 pm

I must be the only one who never watched Partridge Family .

Can't remember him much know a few of his songs but that's it and I never had a crush on him - I was in love with Donny Osmond lol - then in the 80's I was in love with Adam Ant Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I must be the only one who never watched Partridge Family .

Can't remember him much know a few of his songs but that's it and I never had a crush on him - I was in love with Donny Osmond lol - then in the 80's I was in love with Adam Ant Wink

Er, no...I never watched Partridge Family (who they?) either.

Personally, I had the hots for Kathy Kirby.......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Shocked Kathy Kirby, her with the Vaseline lips Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I must be the only one who never watched Partridge Family .

Er, no...I never watched Partridge Family (who they?) either.

Personally, I had the hots for Kathy Kirby.......

She was like a British Marilyn Monroe....rumoured to have had Tom Jones baby. David Cassidy is critically ill...family gather at his bedside. Crying-baby-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 am

Not another one. Why any women would fancy that man amazes me.

He had lots of affairs then cried when his wife died!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 am

magica wrote:Not another one. Why any women would fancy that man amazes me.

He had lots of affairs then cried when his wife died!  

He is more attractive now than he was when he was younger...much .too much out of control testosterone flying about.

I agree about him crying about his wife....I'm sure he was genuine in his grief, but its a pity he didn't cherish her when she was alive....too late after she has died.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 am

Exactly Syl. Easy to cry when their gone eh.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 am

magica wrote:Exactly Syl.  Easy to cry when their gone eh.

Yes.....poor woman had to put up with a lot for decades, I actually don't know why she stayed with him, though I suppose we have to walk in a persons shoes to know why or how.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 am

True, she must've loved him but not the Hollywood life. I think she stayed in Wales and out of the headlines.

It can't be money, she would've got half his millions if divorced anyway.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 am

magica wrote:True, she must've loved him but not the Hollywood life.  I think she stayed in Wales and out of the headlines.

It can't be money, she would've got half his millions if divorced anyway.

No she lived in America for many years Mags and that's where she died. She was a bit of a recluse by all accounts. He flitted all over the world but she never travelled with him.
I think he has returned to Britain to live since she died.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:22 am

Dammit he died Sad

Even though I know it was pretty much hopeless, I kept hoping. Bang goes another part of my childhood.

Rest In Peace David x

David Cassidy, Keith on 'Partridge Family,' dies at 67

https://usat.ly/2iEGTvo
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 am

Cass wrote:Dammit he died Sad

Even though I know it was pretty much hopeless, I kept hoping. Bang goes another part of my childhood.

Rest In Peace David x

My sisters loved that dude. Crying or Very sad
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:Dammit he died Sad

Rest In Peace David x

My sisters loved that dude.  Crying or Very sad

It was a dot on the card Cass, his body was dying.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

RIP David Cassidy. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

magica wrote:
Maddog wrote:

My sisters loved that dude.  Crying or Very sad

It was a dot on the card Cass, his body was dying.  

Sigh...I know. Just a sign of aging. Phooey.

And also Rodney Bowles.

Sad

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down