NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns

+2
Syl
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Go down

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns Empty Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders with predator inmates 'falsely' defining their gender in a bid to get access to vulnerable women, a charity has warned.

Under new government proposals adults will soon be able to choose their sex legally, without the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria.

Experts are concerned this will lead to a spike in the number of trans inmates transferring to female prisons, which could put others in a danger.

The British Psychological Society has also warned that some men convicted of sex crimes have 'falsely claimed' to be trans in an effort to 'seek better access to females and young children through presenting in a female way', reports the Sunday Times.
Between a third and a half (41 per cent) of all England and Wales trans prisoners are sex offenders, according to charity Fair Play for Women.

Recent high profile cases include Davina Ayrton who was jailed for eight years in 2016 for raping a 15-year-old girl, while she was known as David.

But while experts are concerned about the safety of other inmates, there is growing public pressure for trans inmates to be allowed to serve their time in female prisons.

Campaigners for the trans community say that placing such inmates in male jails is putting their lives at risk and may even lead to suicide. 
Five trans inmates in male jails have killed themselves in the past two years.

Tara Hudson, who was born Raymond Aaron David, was jailed for 12 weeks after admitting headbutting a bar manager in December 2014.

Miss Hudson started hormone replacement therapy when she was 17, but because she was born as a man, she was sent to male prison HMP Bristol.

After a public campaign, started by her mother, she was finally transferred to a female jail.
But the ordeal in HMP Bristol, drove her to contemplating suicide.

Speaking after her release in 2015, she said: 'When I walked into the prison, it was like a cat with five legs had entered the building. They were like animals in a zoo - shouting and banging on the doors.
'It was intense, aggressive and extremely uncomfortable.

'After that, they would call me 'chick with a d***', 'trannie', 'shim' (she/him) or 'hybrid' and shout that the Lady Boys of Bangkok were in town. I even heard one say, 'It should be shot'. 

'It was very depressing, and I even felt suicidal at points.'

Eight men's jails specifically house sex offenders with 46 trans prisoners in these alone. 
However, a large number of men convicted of sex crimes are housed outside of these special facilities - so the number could be higher.
Based on a report of 118 prisons in England and Wales, charity Fair Play for women estimated male to female trans inmates is about 100.
But just 13 of these inmates have been transferred to women's prisons.

Nicola Williams, from Fair Play to Women, said that the reforms to help transgender people choose their legal sex could have serious repercussions for prisoners.

She told the Sunday Times: 'Trans-identifying males will become eligible for transfer to women's prisons, representing a serious risk to the safety and privacy and dignity of women in prisons.

'There is a conflict here between transgender right and the right of other people such as women. 
'What is shocking is that we are rushing into this [self-declaration] without evidence of its impact.' 

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns 2FD08DD500000578-5097213-image-m-3_1511084404007

Davina Ayrton (pictured, outside court last year) was jailed for eight years in 2016 for raping a 15-year-old girl, while she was known as David

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5097213/Half-trans-prisoners-sex-offenders.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns Empty Re: Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Now, that's seriously fucked up.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns Empty Re: Half of transgender prisoners could be sex offenders: Predatory inmates are 'falsely' defining their gender to target vulnerable women, charity warns

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 am

Unbelievable.
"Under new government proposals adults will soon be able to choose their sex legally, without the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am

A rapist or abuser will commit their crimes no matter what sex they are. There is already more than enough male on male or woman on woman rape happening in jails already. But no one seems to be vocal about that.

I honestly believe this article is nothing more than fear-mongering.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 am

Fucking hellfire?!!!

Can you fucking liberals make up your minds please??!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Fucking hellfire?!!!

Can you fucking liberals make up your minds please??!

Rolling Eyes

Are you now accusing your imaginary "you liberals" collective of having some kind of 'hive mind', Komrad SmellyBumski -- unable to think for themselves ???

And here I was, thinking you were a champion of 'free speech' and 'independent thinking'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Cass wrote:A rapist or abuser will commit their crimes no matter what sex they are. There is already more than enough male on male or woman on woman rape happening in jails already. But no one seems to be vocal about that.

I honestly believe this article is nothing more than fear-mongering.

I'm not so sure Cass.
I wonder if any of these radical proposed changes backed by idiots like Corbyn are ever thought through with any intelligence.... Rolling Eyes

"The Government is planning to reform gender identity rules to make it easier for people to choose their own gender in law.
Under plans being considered by ministers, adults will be able to change their birth certificates at will without a doctor’s diagnosis, while non-binary gender people will be able to record their gender as “X”.
Changes to the law will be consulted on and will ultimately be included in a planned Gender Recognition Bill, set to be published in the autumn. 

Under current laws – established in 2004 – a person who wishes to transition must apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate. This requires a doctor's diagnosis of gender dysphoria and that someone spend two years of living as a member of the opposite gender.
The reforms were recommended by Parliament’s Women and Equalities Committee last year, which said that they were key to trans people being “treated equally and fairly”.

Plans for self-identification were included in the Labour manifesto, though not the Conservative one. The Gender Recognition Bill did not appear in the Queen’s Speech last month.

Suzanna Hopwood, a member of the Stonewall Trans Advisory Group, said: “It’s vital that this reform removes the requirements for medical evidence and an intrusive interview panel, and finally allows all trans people to have their gender legally recognised through a simple administrative process.”Equalities minister Justine Greening said: “This Government is committed to building an inclusive society that works for everyone, no matter what their gender or sexuality, and today we’re taking the next step forward.
“We will build on the significant progress we have made over the last 50 years, tackling some of the historic prejudices that still persist in our laws and giving LGBT people a real say on the issues affecting them.”

The announcement comes just days after Jeremy Corbyn urged the Conservatives to overhaul transgender rights.
On Wednesday Mr Corbyn said the current arrangements were "wrong" and that people should be allowed to self-identify."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/transgender-rules-reform-gender-dysphoria-changes-2004-gender-recognition-self-identify-a7855381.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 pm

It's an age thing................meat and two veg....Male.
Lady Garden.....Female.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 pm

nicko wrote:It's an age thing................meat and two veg....Male.
                                          Lady Garden.....Female.

You are so, so right old boy. I must have been....oh, at least seven when I first realised the difference between the sexes after the class vamp Anne Chettleburg, er, extended my knowledge of biology.

And that reminds me of the story......

An 8-year-old boy walks home from school each day past an 8-year-old-girl's house.

One day he passes by, carrying a football, he can't resist taunting the girl.

He holds up the football and says, "See this football? Football is a boy's game, and only boys can have a football!"

The little girl runs into the house and cries to her mother, "I want a football!"

Being a woman of the 90's, her mother runs out and gets her one.

The next day, the girl waits for the little boy and he rides up on his bike.

She holds up the football, "Nah Nah Nah Nah!"

The little boy angrily points to his bike and says, "Oh yeah, well this is a boy's bike and only boys get boy's bikes and you can't have one!"

She runs in to mom and the next day is waiting for him on her new boy's bike.

The little boy gets furious and pulls down his pants, and pointing to his most private of parts, says, "Look, only boys have these and your mom can't buy you one!"

The next day, he walks by and says, "Well, I guess I showed you!"

She promptly pulls up her dress, points to her parts and proclaims, "My mother tells me that as long as I have one of THESE I can have as many of THOSE as I want!"

I'm not sure what that proves, but I bet it gets me into serious trouble with the humourless and puritanical Left in this forum!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks for the green thingy whomever.

I’m on the left and I have a great sense of humor thanks. I like that joke. Can we stop with the sweeping generalizations, labeling and goading? Both sides? Would be more pleasant for everyone wouldn’t it?

Syl, honestly how would it affect you if this happened?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Cass wrote:Thanks for the green thingy whomever.

I’m on the left and I have a great sense of humor thanks. I like that joke. Can we stop with the sweeping generalizations, labeling and goading? Both sides? Would be more pleasant for everyone wouldn’t it?

It probably wouldn't affect me at all Cass but I am not of the I'm all right Jack sod everyone else Thatcher way of thinking..

Just think how it may affect young female prisoners, if they are banged up with men masquerading as women.
You mentioned before the serious issue of rape in prison....man on man woman on woman, do we really need man on woman to add to that? Shocked

I have every sympathy for people who are born into the wrong body, its a serious issue and one that needs thoughtful understanding by counsellors and medics.
Its not something someone can slip into at will.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:

It probably wouldn't affect me at all Cass but I am not of the I'm all right Jack sod everyone else Thatcher way of thinking..

Just think  how it may affect young female prisoners, if they are banged up with men masquerading as women.
You mentioned before the serious issue of rape in prison....man on man woman on woman, do we really need man on woman to add to that? Shocked

I have every sympathy for people who are born into the wrong body, its a serious issue and one that needs thoughtful understanding by counsellors and medics.

Thanks for a great honest answer. It’s why I like talking to you about serious as well as fun stuff.

We already have man on woman rape in prison, usually by guards.

On women being in prison feeling uncomfortable if they have a cell mate who is transgender, tough cookies. They’re in prison. If they don’t want to be in that situation, don’t commit a crime.

You will always have people who play the system. But I highly doubt the vast majority will slip into it at will. Besides this reform hasn’t even happened yet, but the DM decided to present the worse case scenario. Why can’t they show a positive side if it goes through? Because it’s doesnt get more newspapers sold or more clicks.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 pm

I was thinking of someone else, Cass. "No names; no pack drill" as the saying goes......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I was thinking of someone else, Cass. "No names; no pack drill" as the saying goes......

Ok. And I didn’t mean to pick on you. Just it’s so frustrating sometimes. I know you feel it too, the goading and labeling. I get we all won’t agree but if we could all just be civilized about it.

Sorry off day today, my sinuses are killing me. Not a huge amount of sleep. Luckily tomorrow is my only work day till next Thursday but it will be 12 hours long so I don’t have to take off too much vacation. Apologies for biting you x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Cass wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Ok. And I didn’t mean to pick on you. Just it’s so frustrating sometimes. I know you feel it too, the goading and labeling. I get we all won’t agree but if we could all just be civilized about it.

Sorry off day today, my sinuses are killing me. Not a huge amount of sleep. Luckily tomorrow is my only work day till next Thursday but it will be 12 hours long so I don’t have to take off too much vacation. Apologies for biting you x

Hope you feel better soon Cass
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

Hope you feel better soon Cass
x

Cheers Didge. The change in weather isn’t helping either. It’s 80+ during the day and drop to low 40s at night.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

Just think  how it may affect young female prisoners, if they are banged up with men masquerading as women.

Thanks for a great honest answer. It’s why I like talking to you about serious as well as fun stuff.

We already have man on woman rape in prison, usually by guards.

On women being in prison feeling uncomfortable if they have a cell mate who is transgender, tough cookies. They’re in prison. If they don’t want to be in that situation, don’t commit a crime.

You will always have people who play the system. But I highly doubt the vast majority will slip into it at will. Besides this reform hasn’t even happened yet, but the DM decided to present the worse case scenario. Why can’t they show a positive side if it goes through? Because it’s doesnt get more newspapers sold or more clicks.

Thanks Cass..ditto. x
I think if a person is genuinely transgender they belong where they feel they belong, either pre op, post op, or no intention of op at all.
Lots of young vulnerable women are in prison, not to mention some mentally ill ones who shouldn't be in there at all but there's nowhere else to put them....I fear for them if they get banged up with a male masquerading as a female.

You are right the reform hasn't happened, I believe under a Labour government it probably would, and I agree about the DM though this has been reported in the more grown up papers too. Basketball

The Daily Mail is not good for much (imo) but it does tend to spark off some heated debates. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down