NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books

+8
Victorismyhero
Fred Moletrousers
HoratioTarr
SEXY MAMA
Ben Reilly
Cass
eddie
nicko
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Books Empty Books

Post by nicko Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm

How many Books do you read in a month, I used to read about 10 a month but since i'v been on forums it's down to around 5 ! Any one else find this happening?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Books Empty Re: Books

Post by eddie Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Well, because I'm co-writing a book and I spend a lot of time texting and messaging friends, I have had enough of reading by the end of the evening.

I used to read loads. John Irving was one of my favourite authors. Uniquely strange story-teller.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:44 am

It depends on what I’ve got going on and how big they are but usually between 5-10.

Got 2 new ones today;
The Riviera Set by Mary S. Lovell
The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan

Also just received 5 books by Stuart Maconie the radio DJ. His Pies & Prejudice is one of my all time favorites. No library here in the states has them for inter-library loan so got them cheap on amazon marketplace.

Happy Cass, happy Cass, happy Cass I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 am

I'm lucky to read one per year.

It's because I still only read books before bedtime, just as I did when I was younger.

Except now, I apparently pass out about five minutes after I turn the lights off Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:05 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm lucky to read one per year.

It's because I still only read books before bedtime, just as I did when I was younger.

Except now, I apparently pass out about five minutes after I turn the lights off Smile

Lol. I have to read every night. It’s become a physical need. I have been that way since I was 8 years old and using the flashlight. Even if I have had a few liquid refreshments I still have to do it. Granted I might have to skim what I read the night before...
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 am

Cass wrote:

Lol. I have to read every night. It’s become a physical need. I have been that way since I was 8 years old and using the flashlight. Even if I have had a few liquid refreshments I still have to do it. Granted I might have to skim what I read the night before...

Hahahaha, same here. I think I also need to find another book that sucks me in, which hasn't happened in far too long. Even my favorite authors have stopped delivering like they used to.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

Hahahaha, same here. I think I also need to find another book that sucks me in, which hasn't happened in far too long. Even my favorite authors have stopped delivering like they used to.

I just don’t do fiction anymore. Haven’t for years. Too many authors let me down. When I want an easy read, I go back to my older British crime-writers.

It’s also maddening when authors such as James Patterson start hawking their name out and I have to waste my budget on what is, crap. The patrons complain that it’s rubbish but they somehow expect the next book to get miraculously better. Or when the literary estate of a deceased author gets a someone new to write a sequel or prequel. NO! JUST STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 am

Cass wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

I just don’t  do fiction anymore. Haven’t for years. Too many authors let me down. When I want an easy read, I go back to my older British crime-writers.

It’s also maddening when authors such as James Patterson start hawking their name out and I have to waste my budget on what is, crap. The patrons complain that it’s rubbish but they somehow expect the next book to get miraculously better. Or when the literary estate of a deceased author gets a someone new to write a sequel or prequel. NO! JUST STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.

I think in my case I'm just waiting for JK Rowling or Phillip Pullman or hell, Max Berry to create another world I want to live in. My expectations are too high.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:26 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

I just don’t  do fiction anymore. Haven’t for years. Too many authors let me down. When I want an easy read, I go back to my older British crime-writers.

I think in my case I'm just waiting for JK Rowling or Phillip Pullman or hell, Max Berry to create another world I want to live in. My expectations are too high.

Pullman just brought out another.

Cool dude. He did a talk for my branch back in England for the Friends Group. I’ve got a complete set signed!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:50 pm

nicko wrote:How many Books do you read in a month,  I used to read about 10 a month but since i'v been on forums it's down to around 5 !  Any one else find this happening?

Love reading books but it’s about finding time and yes this forum has had an impact on that.

Get through only 2 a month now!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 pm

nicko wrote:How many Books do you read in a month,  I used to read about 10 a month but since i'v been on forums it's down to around 5 !  Any one else find this happening?

I'm plowing my way through all the Game of Thrones novels right now on my Kindle.   I read loads of books.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Cass wrote:

Get a Kindle, they are great and you don't have to have the light on.    I was a bit reticent at first, but once you get used to them they're great.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm

I wrote a book.  Took two years to research but only six months to write.   Long story about how it came about, but I've got some good reviews.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Open-Doorway-Madeleine-Marina-Mitchell/dp/1494966670
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Cass wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

You know, you have to be selective, but I've  read some stonking good books written by unknown, self published authors.   And I've also read some crap by well known ones.   That's the great thing about Kindle...you get books a lot cheaper on the whole.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I wrote a book.  Took two years to research but only six months to write.   Long story about how it came about, but I've got some good reviews.  

You have a way with words Horatio I’ll give you that.

I’m sure it will be a great read
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I wrote a book.  Took two years to research but only six months to write.   Long story about how it came about, but I've got some good reviews.  

You have a way with words Horatio I’ll give you that.

I’m sure it will be a great read

Writing a novel was on my bucket list.   I'm glad I did it.   Now, I just have to get to Norway on a husky drive to see the Northern Lights.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Watched the Northern Lights wrapped up in a sleeping bag and lying in a "Basha" in Bergan,

If I had not been freezing my ....s off I might have enjoyed them.

Seriously it's magical !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:

You know, you have to be selective, but I've  read some stonking good books written by unknown, self published authors.   And I've also read some crap by well known ones.   That's the great thing about Kindle...you get books a lot cheaper on the whole.

I also once wrote a book - a 120,000 word historical novel based on the mid 17th century orgy of witch hunting by Hopkins and Stearne in the East Anglian counties, culminating in the execution of the octagenarian Vicar of Brandeston in Suffolk.

I received some extremely positive comments from publishers, but unfortunately they were all attached to rejection notes. The common reason? Not enough bodice-ripping!

So much for three years' research, including pouring over Assize transcripts in 17th century legal language, in an attempt to ensure historical accuracy.

All this was in the days before Kindle, or even the internet, had been invented and the entire manuscript was on a stack of way, way obsolescent Amstrad word processor floppy discs, and I'm not going the start about re-typing the whole lot in order to try again.

I did go on to write a stage play on the same topic that won a handful of awards in a fair-sized county drama festival (the bloke who played Stearne broke his leg two days beforehand and I had to stand in - winning the best supporting actor trophy!) and I adapted it as a half-hour radio play that went on to be broadcast, so all was not wasted.

So glad you had more luck than me, HT. Keep up the good work.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 pm

HEY moley

if you have the original discs I may be able to help..I have a working amstrad 6128, and with it I can transcribe the amstrad discs to 3 1/2 inch discs and then onto CD roms
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I also once wrote a book - a 120,000 word historical novel based on the mid 17th century orgy of witch hunting by Hopkins and Stearne in the East Anglian counties, culminating in the execution of the octagenarian Vicar of Brandeston in Suffolk.

I received some extremely positive comments from publishers, but unfortunately they were all attached to rejection notes. The common reason? Not enough bodice-ripping!

So much for three years' research, including pouring over Assize transcripts in 17th century legal language, in an attempt to ensure historical accuracy.

All this was in the days before Kindle, or even the internet, had been invented and the entire manuscript was on a stack of way, way obsolescent Amstrad word processor floppy discs, and I'm not going the start about re-typing the whole lot in order to try again.

I did go on to write a stage play on the same topic that won a handful of awards in a fair-sized county drama festival (the bloke who played Stearne broke his leg two days beforehand and I had to stand in - winning the best supporting actor trophy!) and I adapted it as a half-hour radio play that went on to be broadcast, so all was not wasted.

Oh what a shame.   How well I remember DOS.    I cut my teeth on writing for small independent press, usually sci fi or horror stories, way back in the 80's.   I also wrote some articles for mags and newspapers but then had a hiatus of about 16 years  before finally getting back to writing.   The whole book took on a life of its own and it does have a few corset ripping moments....writing the sex scene was torture for me...I remember Stephen King saying he hated writing sex scenes and now I know why.   It's quite  a gritty book, and not a soppy romance.   I tried writing for Mills and Boon many moons ago and got rejected.  Reason?   Too dark and gritty.  lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:HEY moley

if you have the original discs I may be able to help..I have a working amstrad 6128, and with it I can transcribe the amstrad discs to 3 1/2 inch discs and then onto CD roms

Now, wouldn't that be something.   I managed to get a lot of my stuff off a floppy and onto my pc...but I had to reformat the lot and it took ages.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 pm

nicko wrote:Watched the Northern Lights  wrapped up in a sleeping bag and lying in a "Basha"  in Bergan,

If I  had not been freezing my ....s off I might have enjoyed them.

Seriously it's magical !

I bet!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:HEY moley

Thanks, LF, but I know that some - probably most - of the discs are missing. They were in a spare room that my late wife and I used as a joint office and most of the contents were destroyed after she died and the estate wound up.

There is one printed copy of the M/S together with my original plot notes and list of reference sources, but I know that a huge amount of revision would be needed to make it saleable in today's vastly different market. Sadly, at nearly 80, I'm just too old and tired to take it on.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:22 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Oh what a shame.   How well I remember DOS.    I cut my teeth on writing for small independent press, usually sci fi or horror stories, way back in the 80's.   I also wrote some articles for mags and newspapers but then had a hiatus of about 16 years  before finally getting back to writing.   The whole book took on a life of its own and it does have a few corset ripping moments....writing the sex scene was torture for me...I remember Stephen King saying he hated writing sex scenes and now I know why.   It's quite  a gritty book, and not a soppy romance.   I tried writing for Mills and Boon many moons ago and got rejected.  Reason?   Too dark and gritty.  lol!

I had great fun with it and it was a marvellous escape from the pressures of my work in journalism and broadcasting, so I suppose it was not wasted. At least I was lucky in seeing my name in print on more occasions than I care to remember (as well as having had some fantastic never-to-be-forgotten experiences to look back on) so I really have no complaints.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:

I have a kindle . They are great for traveling or riding in the car. I’m a librarian running a branch so I have access to enough books, especially through the national ILL service. I still buy books occasionally by authors I really like.

I have a small budget for my branch and I have to be careful of what I buy. What I was referring to was that the quality of some authors has gone downhill considerably and patrons complain, but they still want me to buy the next one even though it hasn’t improved. I have to follow collection development policies which means I just can’t hop on amazon and buy something which means that potentially my patrons miss a good self-published book.

IMO I have read some of the cheap or free stuff through Amazon and to be honest, most of it is rubbish. I have read a few that we’re good but needed work. Occasionally I get offered a donation of something self-published and I do read it before I decide if it will go into the collection. Sadly most of it goes onto the for sale rack or the free paperback swap spinner.

Good on you for writing. It’s not something I have ever wanted to do but I sure appreciate those who do, otherwise i’d be bereft.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I had great fun with it and it was a marvellous escape from the pressures of my work in journalism and broadcasting, so I suppose it was not wasted. At least I was lucky in seeing my name in print on more occasions than I care to remember (as well as having had some fantastic never-to-be-forgotten experiences to look back on)  so I really have no complaints.

I remember we talked about this ages ago. I was always sorry not to be able to read it x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Cass wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I had great fun with it and it was a marvellous escape from the pressures of my work in journalism and broadcasting, so I suppose it was not wasted. At least I was lucky in seeing my name in print on more occasions than I care to remember (as well as having had some fantastic never-to-be-forgotten experiences to look back on)  so I really have no complaints.

I remember we talked about this ages ago. I was always sorry not to be able to read it x

Yes, I remember, Cass. I have since visited Brandeston in Suffolk where the Rev. John Lowes, the Vicar who was executed for witchcraft in 1645, was the pastor and I actually stood in the pulpit from which he preached. Another of those never-to-be-forgotten experiences. I really am a very fortunate ol' bugger!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Cass wrote:

Same here...no matter what time I go to bed I have to read a few chapters, my problem is if I read for too long (usually past 3am) I can never sleep.....its passed off.

Paul Finch, ex Manchester copper turned writer is good if you like fictional crime thrillers...I have only read 2 of his books but they are interesting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Jesus. I haven't the time like I used to! And, also I've had a pretty turbulent year and simply don't have the energy by the time I get into bed, which is often the early hours of the morning.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:

Get a Kindle, they are great and you don't have to have the light on.    I was a bit reticent at first, but once you get used to them they're great.

There is nothing like a real book.

I cannot be done with Kindle

I read about 2 books a week

I never knew you wrote a book and thus will try to obtain a copy.

Not into romance stories, but its historically based. So am interested to read

Like Cass, I am more into non-fiction

This week, I have read "Dynasty" The rise and fall of the House of Caesar, by Tom Holland.

Also "Lincoln" by Doris Kerans Goodwin, which might add was due in part to me brushing up on him, after some poor claims made by Maddog on Lincoln. So I have Maddog to thank for that.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes, I remember, Cass. I have since visited Brandeston in Suffolk where the Rev. John Lowes, the Vicar who was executed for witchcraft in 1645, was the pastor and I actually stood in the pulpit from which he preached. Another of those never-to-be-forgotten experiences. I really am a very fortunate ol' bugger!

I expect I got the same feeling when I visited Cholsley to see where Agatha Christie is buried and the church at Swinbrook where most of The Mitfords are. I’m fortunate too. You are NOT old!

Ps give my regards to the Onion Factory - not! I don’t miss that smell at all but gosh do I miss those woods and the pubs x

Last edited by Cass on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

This week, I have read "Dynasty" The rise and fall of the House of Caesar, by Tom Holland.

Also "Lincoln" by Doris Kerans Goodwin, which might add was due in part to me brushing up on him, after some poor claims made by Maddog on Lincoln. So I have Maddog to thank for that.. Laughing

Do you mean Team of Rivals? That is probably the best book on Lincoln ever.

I tried Dynasty last year but couldn’t make through the first few chapters. I just don’t like that time period at all. Sad I know.

I’m 5th on the waiting list for Grant by Ron Chernow. His Hamilton was outstanding!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

I tried Dynasty last year but couldn’t make through the first few chapters. I just don’t like that time period at all. Sad I know.

I’m 5th on the waiting list for Grant by Ron Chernow. His Hamilton was outstanding!

Yes that is the book Cass on Lincoln.

To be honest it was hard going on Dynasty in the first few chapters, which is unlike Tom, as a writer. Though once it got going, it was brilliant. You should have carried on, as it does get excellent. I was actually surprised in places. 

Not heard of the Book on "Grant". Shall put this on the list

Next two books to read I have are "The Greatest Knight" (about William Marshal) by Thomas Asbridge

"An Utterly Impartial History of Britain" by John O'farrell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes that is the book Cass on Lincoln.

To be honest it was hard going on Dynasty in the first few chapters, which is unlike Tom, as a writer. Though once it got going, it was brilliant. You should have carried on, as it does get excellent. I was actually surprised in places. 

Not heard of the Book on "Grant". Shall put this on the list

Next two books to read I have are "The Greatest Knight" (about William Marshal) by Thomas Asbridge

"An Utterly Impartial History of Britain" by John O'farrell.

It may become one of those that I try again at some point.

The Grant one was only published last month.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:43 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I thought that too  about the Kindle.   Nothing to replace the feel of a book, and turning the pages etc.   But when I got one,  I realised I could just order them when I wanted to, often much cheaper, and get samples to read before I purchased.   I read a lot.   So it makes sense for me to have a Kindle.   I think that applies more to fiction than non-fiction.  Non-fiction books are the type of books you keep forever.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:

Same here...no matter what time I go to bed I have to read a few chapters, my problem is if I read for too long (usually past 3am) I can never sleep.....its passed off.

Paul Finch, ex Manchester copper turned writer is good if you like fictional crime thrillers...I have only read 2 of his books but they are interesting.

I recently read Peter Hook's books...they are hilarious.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

I thought that too  about the Kindle.   Nothing to replace the feel of a book, and turning the pages etc.   But when I got one,  I realised I could just order them when I wanted to, often much cheaper, and get samples to read before I purchased.   I read a lot.   So it makes sense for me to have a Kindle.   I think that applies more to fiction than non-fiction.  Non-fiction books are the type of books you keep forever.

Yeah you have a good point there. I really do not keep any fiction books, but countless non-fiction books.

So have you thought of writing another book?

You could do one on the characters of newsfix?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I recently read Peter Hook's books...they are hilarious.

As in Joy Division and New Order?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:49 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yeah you have a good point there. I really do not keep any fiction books, but countless non-fiction books.

Ditto. 97%of mine are non-fiction. Besides they usually cost so much more WHICH IS NOT FAIR!

Hahaha now that is a book I would read Shocked Twisted Evil
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:52 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

Ditto. 97%of mine are non-fiction. Besides they usually cost so much more WHICH IS NOT FAIR!

I think it would be very funny, no matter what was written about each character, including me.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:09 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

I think it would be very funny, no matter what was written about each character, including me.

Cool

Haha me too. As I said to Eds on another thread, next month will be 10 years since I met her, and others on the old Sky boards. 10 frigging years. Yikes!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:12 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

Cool

Haha me too. As I said to Eds on another thread, next month will be 10 years since I met her, and others on the old Sky boards. 10 frigging years. Yikes!

It seems an age ago Cass and yet many of us are still here.

Really miss "I am King" and "Ballsaloch" (I think that is how its spelt and even though we completely disagreed, he was a great debator).

I also miss Prinze, he was Muslim, very intelligent, funny and good for debate.

Any you remember and miss?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:24 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

Really miss "I am King" and "Ballsaloch" (I think that is how its spelt and even though we completely disagreed, he was a great debator).

The ones you mentioned, Velvet (for the life of me I can’t remember her original name), Spitfire, Fuzzy (although he does show up now and again), Erngarth & Cazzb, whom I met in real life but sadly lost touch. I am still mates with Flying V and Clansman in real life.
Prinze was such a sweetheart. We used to talk heavy metal. Books 3852033631
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:26 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

The ones you mentioned, Velvet (for the life of me I can’t remember her original name), Spitfire, Fuzzy (although he does show up now and again, Erngarth & Cazzb, whom I met in real life but sadly lost touch. I am still Nate’s with Flying V and Clansman in real life.

Now there is some blasts from the past

Happy days Cass.. Laughing

I wonder which other posters here have fond memories of others they wish to mention?

I miss "Oldman" he excelled at history, though we fought like cats and dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

The ones you mentioned, Velvet (for the life of me I can’t remember her original name), Spitfire, Fuzzy (although he does show up now and again, Erngarth & Cazzb, whom I met in real life but sadly lost touch. I am still Nate’s with Flying V and Clansman in real life.

I wonder which other posters here have fond memories of others they wish to mention?

SPHINX!!! Damn n blast my memory.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:53 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

One of the best posters, in my view and not afraid to speak her mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:01 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

I liked her. We didn’t always agree but she was good.

On that note, I’m off to bed with the cats and a good book and some cheese and crackers. And Mr. C if he can tear himself away from the golf channel lol.

Night x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

I liked her. We didn’t always agree but she was good.

On that note, I’m off to bed with the cats and a good book and some cheese and crackers. And Mr. C if he can tear himself away from the golf channel lol.

Night x

Night Me Lady

It has been long past my bedtime lol, but have enjoyed our chats, so thanks, as that is always worth staying up for.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:42 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Don't tempt me!! lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Didn't Sphinx have her own forum once?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️