NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should wolf whistling be made illegal?

+3
Andy
HoratioTarr
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Should wolf whistling be made illegal? Empty Should wolf whistling be made illegal?

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm

France is seriously considering criminalising men who wolf whistle in the streets....should we follow suit?

"Men who wolf whistle or are aggressively lecherous to women on French streets face fines under a new law against sexism and sexual abuse to be passed next year.

Gender equality minister Marlene Schiappa, 34, a feminist and writer, said workshops would be held across France to discuss the bill, as French president Emmanuel Macron on Sunday vowed to send police to enforce the new law
"It's completely necessary because at the moment street harassment is not defined in the law," Ms Schiappa told RTL radio , "The idea is that society as a whole redefines what is acceptable or not."

Here in Britain, the topic of wolf whistling is a familiar tune. Last year, Nottinghamshire police moved to make misogyny a crime – and included cat calls in its definition. The year before, a building firm was investigated by police after a young woman complained about “lecherous” men wolf-whistling at her in the street.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/time-wolf-whistling-criminalised/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should wolf whistling be made illegal? Empty Re: Should wolf whistling be made illegal?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 pm

I don't think it should - I think its a compliment to women .

Back to top Go down

Should wolf whistling be made illegal? Empty Re: Should wolf whistling be made illegal?

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I don't think it should - I think its a compliment to women  .

Its a bit embarrassing if one is walking past a building site and it starts...(I have a good memory) it always feels like you are running a gauntlet....though I do know a lot of workforces have stopped men whistling at women...its considered very un pc by lots of younger men now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Oh FFS
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Oh FFS

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I think it would be a waste of police time to be dealing with a wolf whistle complaint when there are more serious crimes going on .

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I think it would be a waste of police time to be dealing with a wolf whistle complaint when there are more serious crimes going on .

Agreed...wolf whistles never hurt anyone, and I'm sure most men who still indulge mean it as a compliment like you said.
I am not a fan of personal remarks being shouted, but a whistle is pretty inoffensive.

Having said that, I doubt many men would admit to whistling at a pretty woman.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm

I have heard Wolfie whistle 'Waltzing Matilda.' He is no Roger Whittaker.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:07 pm

I thought it was banned a away.

When young I hated walking past sites, you just knew the shouting and whistles would start, and I'd trip up or go over on my foot.

Now I don't get any whistles, no matter how many times I pass a building site, daily lol.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm

magica wrote:I thought it was banned a away.

When young I hated walking past sites, you just knew the shouting and whistles would start, and I'd trip up or go over on my foot.

Now I don't get any whistles, no matter how many times I pass a building site, daily lol.

lol!

It isn't banned Mags, but I think a lot of younger men see it as a bit crass.
My son works as a scaffolder, and he said if any of the other men do whistle it doesn't go down too well with the majority.

Times have changed such a lot since we were girls in the 1920's. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Oi, speak for yourself Should wolf whistling be made illegal? 3201073460
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:56 pm

No it shouldn't and I bet it's all stupid overly-feminist women that are prattling on about it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:No it shouldn't and I bet it's all stupid overly-feminist women that are prattling on about it.

Its always been something men have done I'm not offended at all - although I don't get whistled at much these days - but I never did and never would get offended . lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 pm

eddie wrote:No it shouldn't and I bet it's all stupid overly-feminist women that are prattling on about it.

I agree, these feminist give us ladies a bad name.

I always enjoyed the attention, don't get it now though - boo hoo.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm

magica wrote:

I was walking to the shop to get my mum something during the summer and I got wolf whistled at ha ha made my day Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
magica wrote:

I was walking to the shop to get my mum something during the summer and I got wolf whistled at ha ha made my day Razz

Its nice to feel appreciated, even if its pretty shallow ...better than a scowl or an insult any day. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:21 pm

magica wrote:Oi, speak for yourself Should wolf whistling be made illegal? 3201073460

I was. Should wolf whistling be made illegal? 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 am

one time years and years ago i was working in barkingside. i had no money to get home to dagenham and hubby was meant to pick me up but he ''forgot'', he offered to come and get me but traffic was a nightmare and it would,ve taken him ages so i just screamed ''oh forget it, i'll fucking walk home''.

so i marched off down the road at top speed with the raving hump and on route i saw in the distance on the other side of the road a crowd of workmen packing up their stuff. they were all bogging right at me as i approached, so i bogged back at them and widened my eyes as if to say ''yeah, what''? i was still going at top speed as i was staring back at them and BAM! i slammed right into a lampost and nigh on knocked myself out cold

not my finest moment

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 am

eddie wrote:
No it shouldn't and I bet it's all stupid overly-feminist women that are prattling on about it.

pig

Maybe it's some of the 'fuglies' and fatties complaining because they don't get whistled at ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

gelico wrote:

one time years and years ago i was working in barkingside.  i had no money to get home to dagenham and hubby was meant to pick me up but he ''forgot'', he offered to come and get me but traffic was a nightmare and it would,ve taken him ages so i just screamed ''oh forget it, i'll fucking walk home''.

so i marched off down the road at top speed with the raving hump and on route i saw in the distance on the other side of the road a crowd of workmen packing up their stuff.  they were all bogging right at me as i approached, so i bogged back at them and widened my eyes as if to say ''yeah, what''?  i was still going at top speed as i was staring back at them and BAM!  i slammed right into a lampost and nigh on knocked myself out cold

not my finest moment

Evil or Very Mad

lol! lol!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 am

My Daughters fellow is of a dark complexion, he is a builder, he wolf whistles at attractive women, but only those of the same colour. My Daughter says he's racist !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

nicko wrote:My Daughters fellow is of a dark complexion,    he is a builder,   he wolf whistles at attractive women, but only those of the same colour.  My Daughter says he's racist !

That's not racist, its bloody ignorant though if he does it in front of her.
If my OH whistled at another woman while I was there he would have a permanent whistle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:37 pm

gelico wrote:

one time years and years ago i was working in barkingside.  i had no money to get home to dagenham and hubby was meant to pick me up but he ''forgot'', he offered to come and get me but traffic was a nightmare and it would,ve taken him ages so i just screamed ''oh forget it, i'll fucking walk home''.

so i marched off down the road at top speed with the raving hump and on route i saw in the distance on the other side of the road a crowd of workmen packing up their stuff.  they were all bogging right at me as i approached, so i bogged back at them and widened my eyes as if to say ''yeah, what''?  i was still going at top speed as i was staring back at them and BAM!  i slammed right into a lampost and nigh on knocked myself out cold

not my finest moment

Evil or Very Mad

I bet you are great fun on a night out. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:58 pm

He wouldn't do it in front of her,he values his looks too much, and is not keen on Hospital food !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

nicko wrote:He wouldn't do it in front of her,he values his looks too much,   and is not keen on Hospital food !

So he tells her....that's almost as bad. Rolling Eyes
Whistling at black women, or white women, or anyone, is a personal choice....its not racist, why would he whistle at someone he doesn't find attractive? Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Syl, just accept what I posted, end of !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:10 pm

But how will people recall their dogs??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:12 pm

gelico wrote:

not my finest moment

Evil or Very Mad

A lesson in equality my dear gelico

There are some things men are naturally much better at than women

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 pm

nicko wrote:Syl, just accept what I posted,  end of !

OK....so speaking generally, any man who whstles another woman in front of his wife, or behind her back then tells her about it, even going into detail about who he does or does not whistle at.......is a pig  imo. albino
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Syl wrote:
nicko wrote:Syl, just accept what I posted,  end of !

OK....so speaking generally, any man who whstles another woman in front of his wife, or behind her back then tells her about it, even going into detail about who he  does or does not whistle at.......is a pig  imo. albino

Have to agree with that. It's overtly insensitive and downright rude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

The only people who knew about it were the mates he worked with and me ! Do you think a man tells his wife every thing he does?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 pm

nicko wrote:The only people who knew about it were the mates he worked with and me !   Do you think a man tells his wife every thing he does?

But you said your daughter says he's racist, so someone must have told her. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm

I bet Nicko wishes he hadn't said that now
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Anyway.....the good news is he isn't racist. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down