NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Whistling

+2
Syl
Major
6 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Wolf Whistling Empty Re: Wolf Whistling

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Personally, I've never cared for it ...especially when 'I' was alone walking past any where that had a variety of construction men and I was the only opposite sex within miles of that job site.
In high school, I had to run blue prints - tools - misc. parts & supplies out to my pops in the field and OMG I dreaded those trips!  Scared me shit-less and until the older crew managed to ramrod those younger ones into proper behavior the whistles and nasty comments and innuendo's that they'd yell down to me were just pure vile!  Who'd wanna kiss that mouth after hearing such vulgar crap roll out of it - what if that was your sister being treated like that?

Well, any way ...I've not cared for it, EVER!

Say, Stormee ...why'd you change your name? I like Major too, but Stormee was really unique. Wolf Whistling 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi Major....thank goodness I can relax now I was always scared I would slip up and call you Major instead of Stormee.Wolf Whistling 1858517897

Re wolf whistling...it never bothered me and now I am grateful. hi

I hate crude remarks though, I can always think of a better one but I am a laydeee so I say nothing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Major wrote:I have spoken with females about wolf whistling before and not one objected but did resent filthy remarks which sometimes accompany a whistle

A 34-year-old woman has blasted Network Rail after she was 'wolf-whistled and shouted at' by workers on the platform at a train station.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644636/Rail-workers-investigated-wolf-whistling-PR-executive-34-waited-late-night-train.html#ixzz4BlFAZCba
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When her looks are gone, she'll look back down the years and tell people she turned heads.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Syl wrote:Hi Major....thank goodness I can relax now I was always scared I would slip up and call you Major instead of Stormee.Wolf Whistling 1858517897  

I hate crude remarks though, I can always think of a better one but I am a laydeee so I say nothing.

It used to embarrass the fuck out of me, but some perverse part of me also felt a little flattered, and I think if most women are truly honest, they do enjoy turning heads. Now, I'm lucky if I can turn a corner!!!

Wolf Whistling 3489511464
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Hi Major....thank goodness I can relax now I was always scared I would slip up and call you Major instead of Stormee.Wolf Whistling 1858517897  

It used to embarrass the fuck out of me, but some perverse part of me also felt a little flattered, and I think if most women are truly honest, they do enjoy turning heads.    Now, I'm lucky if I can turn a corner!!!

Laughing

Wolf whistling is considered very sexist nowadays, my son who is a scaffolder says none of the lads do it now.....seems to be a thing of the past.

I know you still must turn heads by the way.....I still get the odd appreciative glance myself, usually from men with  white sticks walking their guide dogs. afro
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Major wrote:I remember the film with Julie Cristie and Tom Courtney, she was wolfed but gave a lovely smile back, that is the way IMHO but no filth.

And no shouting 'MELONS' to their mates either....I hate that. sleaze
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Major wrote:I remember the film with Julie Cristie and Tom Courtney, she was wolfed but gave a lovely smile back, that is the way IMHO but no filth.

'HOOTERS' ...seems to be the 'new' word that the drunked up college age crowd will yell at some young well endowed girl! 
~~ 'HOOT - HOOT - HOOTERS' ~~ 
Guess that's because of the bar & grill that carries that name Wolf Whistling 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

'HOOTERS' ...seems to be the 'new' word that the drunked up college age crowd will yell at some young well endowed girl! 
~~ 'HOOT - HOOT - HOOTERS' ~~ 
Guess that's because of the bar & grill that carries that name Wolf Whistling 2190311264

Idiots.....women should retaliate and shout out 'gherkin'. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It used to embarrass the fuck out of me, but some perverse part of me also felt a little flattered, and I think if most women are truly honest, they do enjoy turning heads.    Now, I'm lucky if I can turn a corner!!!

Laughing

Wolf whistling is considered very sexist nowadays, my son who is a scaffolder says none of the lads do it now.....seems to be a thing of the past.

I know you still must turn heads by the way.....I still get the odd appreciative glance myself, usually from  men with  white sticks walking their guide dogs. afro

To be honest I'm not looking for it these days. My OH assures me I do get the odd look. Bless him.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

I know you still must turn heads by the way.....I still get the odd appreciative glance myself, usually from  men with  white sticks walking their guide dogs. afro

To be honest I'm not looking for it these days.   My OH assures me I do get the odd look.   Bless him.

I'm sure you do. Cool
One of the blessings I have found is I cant see whether I get looks or not, I only wear my  glasses when doing close up work. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

To be honest I'm not looking for it these days.   My OH assures me I do get the odd look.   Bless him.

I'm sure you do. Cool
One of the blessings I have found is I cant see whether I get looks or not, I only wear  my  glasses when doing close up work. Laughing

lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:48 pm

I get tired of women treating me like I'm just a piece of meat, frankly. I can also pay for food, drinks, and tickets, and if you say words to me, I'm pretty good at coming up with other, different words to say back.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:08 pm

I wonder how men would act if the roles were reversed? lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:I wonder how men would act  if the roles were reversed? lol!

Men (straight ones, that is) would love it for the most part Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I wonder how men would act  if the roles were reversed? lol!

Men (straight ones, that is) would love it for the most part Smile

Yes. That was the point I was getting at. Wink
"Show us your tits!" And there they would be, hair and everything, proudly showing us and letting us see. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:09 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I get tired of women treating me like I'm just a piece of meat, frankly. I can also pay for food, drinks, and tickets, and if you say words to me, I'm pretty good at coming up with other, different words to say back.

I absolutely agree with that Ben. I remember waking up one morning in Stromness in the Orkney Islands after a night drinking the local home brew only to find that my neck was covered in a chain of love bites. She must have been a vampire to do that and gawd knows what else she must have done.

It was the middle of summer and I had to go and buy a polo neck sweater and wear it foir about two weeks until they faded.

I felt used. Smile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I get tired of women treating me like I'm just a piece of meat, frankly. I can also pay for food, drinks, and tickets, and if you say words to me, I'm pretty good at coming up with other, different words to say back.

I absolutely agree with that Ben. I remember waking up one morning in Stromness in the Orkney Islands after a night drinking the local home brew only to find that my neck was covered in a chain of love bites. She must have been a vampire to do that and gawd knows what else she must have done.

It was the middle of summer and I had to go and buy a polo neck sweater and wear it foir about two weeks until they faded.

I felt used. Smile

Laughing
That sounds funny Irn, but actually if a woman had written that it would have an entirely different context....date rape would spring to mind.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 am

Syl wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I felt used. Smile

Laughing
That sounds funny Irn, but actually if a woman had written that it would have an entirely different context....date rape would spring to mind.

Laughing

You're a lancashire las I think Syl and all the girls I have met from there have been very nice. I spent a week at Pontins in Morecambe in the sixties and met a girl from Wyrthenshaw and we wrote to each other for a while. I can still after all this time remember her address which was in Colshaw Road, Manchester 23 and I evek still remember the door number. I used to go meetings down there as well to Chester House in Chester Road near Old Trafford and I even had a fish supper in Lou McCari's chip shop Laughing I later went to meetings in an office block right at the railway station in Picadilly. Took the train from Edinburgh as it went right in there and just a short walk away.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:38 am

I was born and bred in Salford, a stones throw away from Old Trafford Irn.

I also worked a season at a Pontins in the 60's...it wasn't the Morecombe one though...so don't worry. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:47 am

Syl wrote:I was born and bred in Salford, a stones throw away from Old Trafford Irn.

I also worked a season  at a Pontins in the 60's...it wasn't the Morecombe one though...so don't worry. Laughing

Laughing

I actually met her again in Blackpool that same year in the Tower ballroom and there were no visible bumps - not that there would be bacause nothing like that happened. Most girls didn't give it away that easily in them days.

It seemed that the Edinburgh trades fornight and holiday periods were the same as Manchester - first fortnight in July and mid september for the September weekend tae see the lights as it was known.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down