NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston

2 posters

Go down

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Empty Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Southwest Airlines is transporting dozens of animals in Houston shelters to San Diego for adoption.

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Ebwwl-southwest-loads-up-shelter-animals-and-transports-them-to-safety-2
Credit: Twitter / Southwest Airlines

Thanks to Southwest volunteers and various animal rescue groups, around 80 orphan dogs and cats were flown from overcrowded shelters in Houston in hopes they will find forever homes in California.

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Feb0m-southwest-loads-up-shelter-animals-and-transports-them-to-safety-1

"There are shelters that have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey, without electricity, without supplies," said California's Helen Woodward Animal Center president Mike Arms, who worked in partnership with Texas rescue group, Operation Pets Alive!

"Operation Pets Alive! has taken in an overwhelming number of orphan dogs and cats who had inhabited those shelters before the storm and were suddenly facing euthanasia simply because they had no place to go," Arms said in a release.

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Rh8jj-southwest-loads-up-shelter-animals-and-transports-them-to-safety-3

Adorable photos of the animal rescue operation are being posted to Twitter by volunteers.

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Pa20t-southwest-loads-up-shelter-animals-and-transports-them-to-safety-4
Credit: Twitter

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  24jjy-southwest-loads-up-shelter-animals-and-transports-them-to-safety-5
Credit: Twitter

San Diego isn't the only city that's receiving many of Houston's animal evacuees.
Wings of Rescue also flew 180 dogs and cats from Houston to Waukegan, Illinois this week in hopes of finding them new homes. The charity group is planning more flights for hundreds of animals in Florida as Hurricane Irma approaches the coast.

Read more at https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2376/Southwest-Airlines-Is-Flying-Shelter-Animals-Out-Of-Houston#yDfwFGUlk9OQ4C44.99

Back to top Go down

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Empty Re: Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston

Post by eddie Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Good for them!! Wonderful. cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston  Empty Re: Southwest Airlines Is Flying Shelter Animals Out Of Houston

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Southwest has specialized in pet evacuations since Hurricane Katrina. It is the one airline, world-wide, that seems to know and respond to people's sensitivities.

When airlines are charging for bags, Southwest takes 'em for free. When airlines are shortening leg room, Southwest is stretching 'em. And when people mourned over lost pets, Southwest surprised them by bringing Fido to them, re-Uniting them (pun intended).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:Southwest has specialized in pet evacuations since Hurricane Katrina.  It is the one airline, world-wide, that seems to know and respond to people's sensitivities.

When airlines are charging for bags, Southwest takes 'em for free.  When airlines are shortening leg room, Southwest is stretching 'em.  And when people mourned over lost pets, Southwest surprised them by bringing Fido to them, re-Uniting them (pun intended).

Interesting to know, but it sure is good advertisement also Quill for the airline?

It clearly is good PR.

Not knocking, as I applaud them for doing so.

Out of interest, how do they rate as an airline, compared to others in the US?
Your own opinion and the opinion of the US public?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 pm

They started out as a small, regional carrier, out of Dallas TX...a lot like your British Midland.  They only fly 737's...none of the big-bellies.  The 737 is much more fuel-efficient, and they were able to pass the savings on.  

They are great on prices.  I flew them all the time as I had offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Phoenix.  Sometimes they sold tickets in a "six-pack", and you could get great deals if you were a frequent flyer.

They soon became one of the largest, if not the largest carrier within the continent.  They don't go to Hawai'i, and I don't know what connections they have to Mexico and Canada.  What they don't do is fly over large bodies of water.

I don't have a survey, but I would imagine they rank very high, if not highest in customer agreeableness.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:They started out as a small, regional carrier, out of Dallas TX...a lot like your British Midland.  They only fly 737's...none of the big-bellies.  The 737 is much more fuel-efficient, and they were able to pass the savings on.  

They are great on prices.  I flew them all the time as I had offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Phoenix.  Sometimes they sold tickets in a "six-pack", and you could get great deals if you were a frequent flyer.

They soon became one of the largest, if not the largest carrier within the continent.  They don't go to Hawai'i, and I don't know what connections they have to Mexico and Canada.  What they don't do is fly over large bodies of water.

I don't have a survey, but I would imagine they rank very high, if not highest in customer agreeableness.

Thanks for the info Quill.

Its good to know opinions on airlines, even if I have never flown with them before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down