NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people

3 posters

Go down

Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people Empty Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:14 am

A 13-year-old girl who died of a brain aneurysm has helped eight different people through organ donation - the highest number on record, experts said. NHS Blood and Transplant data shows that Jemima Layzell, who died in March 2012 at Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, is the only recorded donor in the UK whose solid organs have been transplanted into eight different people.

The discovery was made after staff began trawling records for donors who had helped the most people.

A typical donation usually results in 2.6 transplants.

Jemima, from Horton in Somerset, was a pupil at Taunton School. She collapsed as her family prepared a party for her mother's 38th birthday. She died four days later.

In total, eight of her organs were donated - her heart, small bowel, pancreas, both kidneys, both lungs, and her liver was split and transplanted into two people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/08/teenage-girls-donated-organs-helped-record-eight-people/

Back to top Go down

Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people Empty Re: Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:34 pm

This is wonderful.
To lose a beautiful 13 year old child is heart breaking, but to know that she lives on in so many people must ease the heartache her family have suffered.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people Empty Re: Teenage girl's donated organs helped a record eight people

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Syl wrote:This is wonderful.
To lose a beautiful 13 year old child is heart breaking, but to know that she lives on in so many people must ease the heartache her family have suffered.

+1

So many people owe this young girl, for their lives.
It would be fitting if they all did something to honour her. That they contact the people who got to have her organs.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Just came here to post this! What a wonderful gift to be able to give life after death.

Some small crumb of comfort to her family.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 pm

How wonderful, she will live on in these new bodies and also her short life wasn't for nothing. He parents must be devastated to lose her, but gave other parents hope by donating her bits to give their children a life. Very touching.

When I go they can take anything that will help anyone, no use to me when dead.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 pm

I have just renewed my donation permission thingy online.
They can have everything but my eyes.
I...I am really squeamish when it comes to eyes....yes I know I will be dead, but I still don't want anyone plopping them out.
2...I doubt anyone would want them anyway, they are long past their best.

I really hope the opt out rather than opt in rule will be changed soon.....so many people can be helped with organ donation.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:I have just renewed my donation permission thingy online.
I...I am really squeamish when it comes to eyes....yes I know I will be dead, but I still don't want anyone plopping them out.

I really hope the opt out rather than opt in rule will be changed soon.....so many people can be helped with organ donation.

That is interesting, to then ensure people have to then actively choose Syl to opt in or out.
As to me, when my body is dead, they can do as they please with it. Its only going to decompose anyway.
All life is recycled when it dies, so people should donate their organs if they are in good shape when they die. So it can help others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I have just renewed my donation permission thingy online.

That is interesting, to then ensure people have to then actively choose Syl to opt out.
As to me, when my body is dead, they can do as they please with it.
All life is recycled when it dies, so people should donate their organs if they are in good shape when they die. So it can help others.

The government have been debating whether to change the law Thor....I really hope they do.
If anyone is really against donating their organs for religious or any other reason, they can simply opt out.

Everyone else's will be automatically available for donation.
Even if you only end up being dissected in a lab, it will help with research...so in the long run it may help others whichever way your body is used.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

That is interesting, to then ensure people have to then actively choose Syl to opt out.
As to me, when my body is dead, they can do as they please with it.

The government have been debating whether to change the law Thor....I really hope they do.
If anyone is really against donating their organs for religious or any other reason, they can simply opt out.

Everyone else's will be automatically available for donation.
Even if you only end up being dissected in a lab, it will help with research...so in the long run it may help others whichever way your body is used.

I think half the problem is the religious aspect. Where some believe in bodies being resurrected at the end times. For example Islam and Christianity.

That somehow, all their flesh, organs etc will reform, simple to see the ends of times. Which is odd, if their souls are already supposed to be in heaven or  how is viewed in Catholicism, some will go to Purgatory. Its so weird, and how and why we place such a disdain for the body when dead, to be dissected or used for body parts. People cannot detach themselves in how it can be of great help. I mean look at how we treat dead animals, we eat them. 

Thus they are a part of a cycle of life. I really think its the religious aspect and centuries of this thought process. That stops many people from donating. Which is odd, because the soul is meant to be detached from the body when it dies in many religious beliefs. So what does it really matter how our bodies are then used, to then help others when we die?

If our organs can be of use. Its the sentimental aspect combined with religion, that sees any detachment of body parts. As some form of desecration. People need to get past this, as when we are dead. As I say, our bodies will simple rot away. I mean , if people are going to be resurrected, then they are going to need all their flesh and organs reformed anyway. As they will have rotted away already. So donating them for others when they die, will not effect the Resurrection belief at all.

This has always baffled me with some of those who are religious on this. Its like they are not able to let go of the bodily form, when they should be celebrating the supposed spiritual form moving on. Its like, they are not allowing the spiritual soul to detach from the human form itself. 

Humans have always held sentimental attachment to ensuring those who have died, receive respect in death. I respect that. Though to me, they do themselves no favour, by denying people the chance to live. With the use of organs from those who die. As nothing short of Mummification will preserve the human body when it has died.

Last edited by Thorin on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 pm

I will be cremated, so its all going up in smoke anyway, they may take anything of use before its burned.
The romantic notion is that you will live on in someone else, like the little girl in the OP...she will be living on in several people, which is a beautiful thing for her to do.
The reality is we will probably end up on a lab shelf, but like we say, if it helps anyone in any way its all good.

I would like to think there is an after life....but our souls will recognise our loved ones....we don't need to see their outer shell in order to know them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Syl wrote:I will be cremated, so its all going up in smoke anyway, they may take anything of use before its burned.
The romantic notion is that you will live on in someone else, like the little girl in the OP...she will be living on in several people, which is a beautiful thing for her to do.
The reality is we will probably end up on a lab shelf, but like we say, if it helps anyone in any way its all good.

I would like to think there is an after life....but our souls will recognise our loved ones....we don't need to see their outer shell in order to know them.

That is fine to believe, as it means the spirit detaches from the body Syl. I think some people think the afterlife is just people in human form still. If we have souls, so be it, then I would be wrong, though not sure how then a soul feels pleasure or pain like a human. Hence how it gets more and more complex. The reality is. There is no reason for anyone not to donate their organs. Even religiously when they believe the body will be resurrected. Then its going to have all the bodily parts reformed through Resurrection. As they will have decomposed.

So there really is no reason to not donate our organs.

Maybe we are just all part of a simulation game being played out.
Sometimes there is a bug when you die and when you start the game again as a child, you remember the previous game. Hence past life experiences. Which those who do remember seem to lose this memory as they get older. Thus a mod to is applied to fix the bug in the simulated game. So that memory fades.

That to me would make more sense.

So I agree, her body parts have helped ensure others can live. Others should do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm

My son used to talk about another life he had lived when he was small, he got upset a couple of times asking where his other mummy was....apparently he had been a girl.
When he was about 2 or 3 he forgot all about it....so I do believe we can all have lived before, or maybe some young kids have really vivid imaginations...I have an open mind.

My guess is as good as anyones, but if you ever dream, and feel really connected with someone in your dream but cant see them, just feel their presence, then you wake up and the feeling is still there....I think maybe that could be us thinking with our souls.

Hard to explain, but I know what I mean. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:My son used to talk about another life he had lived when he was small, he got upset a couple of times asking where his other mummy was....apparently he had been a girl.
When he was about 2 or 3 he forgot all about it....so I do believe we can all have lived before, or maybe some young kids have really vivid imaginations...I have an open mind.

My guess is as good as anyones, but if you ever dream, and feel really connected with someone in your dream but cant see them, just feel their presence, then you wake up and the feeling is still there....I think maybe that could be us thinking with our souls.

Hard to explain, but I know what I mean. Razz

Its is very hard to explain. Even I am open to many explanations.

One of my best friends who now lives here is half Lakota on her mothers side. One of her ancestors fought at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. Of course I was fascinated. Especially to learn more of her families history. What got me, was my friend told me when young, she was able to communicate with the spirits, but had lost this when she grew up. How they all have a connection, with their ancestors. Yet I have been most baffled with things I have seen with her youngest daughter. Who often speaks about speaking with her past relatives. None of which she has met, which freaks out her mom, as most of them were dead before she was born. As she is able to recall many things. She is only 5, and to give an example of how she seems to be in tune. Her mum was saying near to when i was going home one night a while back. That when I leave she would really like her kindle to read herself to sleep, but it was in her daughters room. Who was fast asleep. No longer than two minutes later, her daughter stumbles into the living room, half a sleep and dumps the kindle on the table in front of her mother and stumbles back off to bed.

We both looked at each other and did not speak for 5 minutes. Next day when I came over her daughter had no recollection of coming downstairs with the Kindle. This is just one of a multitude of things that have happened. The freakiest being the Owl, bring a message of death to her. We heard her talking and there was nobody else in, none of her siblings. We went to see her and she was engrossed in conversation. When she had finished. She said she had been speaking with an owl, her great great grand father and that her great grand mother was coming to join them. Two days later, Christina gets a call, her Grandmother had passed away of a heart attack. I was like, WTF.

So I maybe very skeptical of many things, but some things simple cannot be explained Syl

So maybe your son was able to recall a past life.
Maybe my theory about a simulation game is right or that we simple reincarnate or that its all nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Amazing stories Thor, which, if you are open minded makes you think that there are many things we cant explain....but some things are just too detailed to be put down to coincidence.

I believe some people are spiritual and can 'see' more than others.
My MIL,,,who is almost 103, has always claimed to see things others cant.
She says if she dreams of fishes someone in the family is pregnant and they don't even realise it....in the past this has proved to be the case. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:Amazing stories Thor, which, if you are open minded makes you think that there are many things we cant explain....but some things are just too detailed to be put down to coincidence.

I believe some people are spiritual and can 'see' more than others.
My MIL,,,who is almost 103, has always claimed to see things others cant.
She says if she dreams of fishes someone in the family is pregnant and they  don't even realise it....in the past this has proved to be the case. Laughing

On things like this, I cannot explain, but am open minded. I don't though assume it must be spiritual. As seen I have many theories as to what it could be.

103? 

Blimey, I bet she has many stories to tell.
That is interesting though that she is able to either predict or actually know.
Did she predict you being pregnant Syl?

I am such a skeptic though Syl, but am still open minded to all possibilities.

What I really have little time for is religious dogma. I think great teachers of the past like Jesus for example had people like Paul corrupt his good message. He basically deified Jesus. Its not really Christianity that Jesus taught that many Christians follow today, but Pauline Christianity. The New testament was compiled centuries later, by people who never even had met Yesuha. So many works left out and others admitted edited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Magica has read a lot about the American Indians Thor...she will be interested in the stories you tell.

MIL didn't predict my pregnancy, at least she never told me, but she has with quite a few other family members...OH comes from a big family.
Yes she does have lots of stories to tell...and her long term memory is brilliant.

Its  an interesting subjest, not sure how we got here but its been very interesting. Laughing

Off to eat....have a good night. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Syl wrote:Magica has read a lot about the American Indians Thor...she will be interested in the stories you tell.

MIL didn't predict my pregnancy, at least she never told me, but she has with quite a few other family members...OH comes from a big family.
Yes she does have lots of stories to tell...and her long term memory is brilliant.

Its  an interesting subjest, not sure how we got here but its been very interesting. Laughing

Off to eat....have a good night. x

It is interesting Syl, have to go myself and will be interested what magica has read about this.

Night Syl.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Having read about your friends little girl, I think being psychic is in us all. Some tune it, others do not.

I also believe in reincarnation. I believe you have to come back until you get it right, until you do the things in life you are meant to do.

When my daughter was about 5, that seems to be the age, she used to wake up screaming and moving her arms up and down as if trying to get out of a room, fire, I have no idea. She then used to cry for her mummy. I said I'm here but she still called for her. Once I settled her down, she didn't remember it. It happened a few times then stopped as quick as it started. Just bad dreams? I don't know.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 pm

magica wrote:Having read about your friends little girl, I think being psychic is in us all. Some tune it, others do not.

I also believe in reincarnation. I believe you have to come back until you get it right, until you do the things in life you are meant to do.

When my daughter was about 5, that seems to be the age, she used to wake up screaming and moving her arms up and down as if trying to get out of a room, fire, I have no idea.  She then used to cry for her mummy. I said I'm here but she still called for her. Once I settled her down, she didn't remember it. It happened a few times then stopped as quick as it started. Just bad dreams? I don't know.

It really has perked my interest magica.
One as I love psychology, if it has a connection and two if not, then to find out what creates and causes this.

It could be bad dreams, then again, who knows. Even within neurology, there is still so much to learn within the functions and abilities of the brain. This is something I would love to study more, but is a whirlwind to me to even get to grips with how there is so much to learn and understand. I seriously only understand the very raw and very raw basics of this.

I do find this all very interesting mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down