NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him

3 posters

Go down

He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him  Empty He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:31 am

Daryl Davis, a 58-year-old blues musician, has a unique hobby. He has spent the last three decades befriending white supremecists.

He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him  Gsz0g-man-befriends-kkk-1

Davis has learned that the most effective way to get a KKK member to retire his hood is with friendship.
He goes to where they live and meets them at their rallies. He never tries to convert the Klansmen. He simply becomes friends with them and they give up the KKK on their own.

"It's a wonderful thing when you see a light bulb pop on in their heads or they call you and tell you they are quitting," Davis said. "I never set out to convert anyone in the Klan. I just set out to get an answer to my question: 'How can you hate me when you don’t even know me?' I simply gave them a chance to get to know me and treat them the way I want to be treated.
They come to their own conclusion that this ideology is no longer for them.
I am often the impetus for coming to that conclusion and I’m very happy that some positivity has come out of my meetings and friendships with them."

Davis's story can be seen in the film "Accidental Courtesy: Daryl Davis, Race & America" on Netflix. You can watch the trailer here:

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2344/He-Spent-Years-Befriending-KKK-Members-Hundreds-Have-Quit-Because-Of-Him#e4uV5cGt6KqhriZf.99

Back to top Go down

He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him  Empty Re: He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him

Post by Andy Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 am

Perhaps he should join Newsfix and Inaflop.
There is still hope for Tommy, Stormee and kaka.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him  Empty Re: He Spent Years Befriending KKK Members. Hundreds Have Quit Because Of Him

Post by nicko Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am

No hope for a raving lefty like you though Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Uncle Tom.  Rolling Eyes Trust me, it doesn't work.

Imagine going to Hitler and saying, Give up your evil ways... Now let us pray.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:Uncle Tom.  Rolling Eyes  Trust me, it doesn't work.

Imagine going to Hitler and saying, Give up your evil ways...  Now let us pray.

It clearly works for this guy. I mean are you really suggesting every single White supremacists is like Hitler in every single way? Its a belief that people have and beliefs can be changed. Its how people turn away or become religious, change their political views. The same applies here. So it wont work on all Nazi's as some will be as hateful and evil as Hitler, but as seen it does certainly work on many.

Better than just punching them, as some suggest.

I knew you would come out with yet more bollocks

You cannot even praise someone who has helped steer people away from such hate.

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Uncle Tom.  Rolling Eyes  Trust me, it doesn't work.

Imagine going to Hitler and saying, Give up your evil ways...  Now let us pray.

It clearly works for this guy. I mean are you really suggesting every single White supremacists is like Hitler in every single way? Its a belief that people have and beliefs can be changed. Its how people turn away or become religious, change their political views. The same applies here. So it wont work on all Nazi's as some will be as hateful and evil as Hitler, but as seen it does certainly work on many.

Yes...at least I am suggesting that the Neo Nazis are the dregs and have hit the bottom of the barrel.  There is no turning away, when there is no place to turn to.

These are hate groups, not love fests:

Tombstone wrote:Doc Holliday:
A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

Wyatt Earp:
What does he want?

Doc Holliday:
Revenge.

Wyatt Earp:
For what?

Doc Holliday:
Bein' born.

When a person does evil, he drives deep down into his 'being' that he is capable of doing evil. He forever knows it, and therefore carries with him the memory of evil...a token as a symbol of who he is.

Therefore, these people are self-motivating. It's axiomatic...not to be undone by some old, quaint character who catches their fancy and happens to be black.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes...at least I am suggesting that the Neo Nazis are the dregs and have hit the bottom of the barrel.  There is no turning away, when there is no place to turn to. When a person does evil, he drives deep down into his 'being' that he is capable of doing evil.  He forever knows it, and therefore carries with him the memory of evil...a token as a symbol of who he is.

Therefore, these people are self-motivating.  It's axiomatic...not to be undone by some old, quaint character who catches their fancy and happens to be black.

Seriously WTF

What the fuckity fuck fuck, are you going on about?

So by your point then No Hitler Youth changed who they were, after being brainwashed?

That we should have jailed them all for life then?

Sorry but to say people cannot change their views, emphatically proves you are an imbecile

People changes their views  and then to add the most fuckwittery ever based off some Gunslingers, has to go down as the most stupidest thing you have ever posted to date

Seriously, are you smoking crack?

Case in point we have people like Maajid Nawaz, a former Islamic extremist, change to now being a Liberal

How do you explain that?

Seriously, the very fact this great man, has taken the time out to speak to the worst racists going. To then see such positive results from this by many seeing for themselves what they believed was wrong and change. To then you deny it. Proves you are not competent to judge a circus, let alone judge a trial with such an absurd and incomprehensible lie. You would be unfit to serve on the bench, which such an outlandish load of hateful bias. As that is what you are proving, a hateful bias, thinking people cannot change.

So show me it is impossible for people to change their beliefs?

We are not talking about those who have done evil, but people who have beliefs, hateful beliefs

You really are losing all credibility with this load of bollocks, as what you are suggesting is that nobody can ever be rehabilitated and that we should lock all prisoners up for life. Here though, many have not committed a criminal act, as a belief is not a criminal act. Hence why people can open up their eyes to what they once believed as being wrong. To suggest they cannot if they are only are white supremacists, has no logic, or science to back it. The only thing that you have is your idiocy in believing that people of hate cannot change and come to see how they were once wrong.

So lets post more evidence to prove your idiocy here

These volunteers know what it is like to be fooled into believing racist propaganda – which is exactly why they have now dedicated their lives to assisting other extremists to see the light.

Life After Hate is a nonprofit that employs former neo-Nazis and white supremacists to help others renounce their extremism and hateful lifestyles. The organization, which was founded in 2011 by other members of the American far right movement, utilizes education, dialogue, and community in order to help extremists realize the root of their hatred. While Life After Hate is based in Chicago, their Exit program has cropped up in several countries around the world, including Germany, Sweden, the UK, and Norway.

“Through personal experience and highly unique skill sets, we have developed a sophisticated understanding about what draws individuals to extremist groups and, equally important, why they leave,” says the organization. “Compassion is the opposite of judgment and we understand the roles compassion and empathy play in healing individuals and communities.”

In addition to providing counseling and community, the organization also assists their clients in more physical ways: helping them find jobs, get tattoo removals – even move houses.

While it is unclear exactly how many former members have experienced such a shift in perspective, the organization says that they have experienced a surge in phone calls and emails in recent months. The trained volunteers, however, are always ready to answer.

Exit UK states on their website: “We believe one of the most crucial steps is simply talking through and sharing with people, formers stories. Accepting what you have done, what you have believed and coming to terms with that.

“We know many people will never want to talk to people with ‘Far Right’ views as they simply will never understand how people can become involved, but we do and it is from this position we can talk, listen and develop real relationships and offer alternatives, that don’t include violence and hatred.”
Due to a recent cut in federal funding, the nonprofit is currently seeking financing through crowdsourcing and donations. Life After Hate hopes to further their work by utilizing online strategies to dissuade and discourage susceptible individuals from extremist rhetoric on social media. Additionally, they hope to partner with Muslim community representatives in order to combat ISIS-inspired extremism.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/former-white-supremacists-helping-others-renounce-extremism/

Would you look at that?
More examples of people changing their once hateful beliefs.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down