NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation'

+4
magica
veya_victaous
Syl
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Empty Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation'

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 pm

A Portuguese hotels chief has hit back at a family who claimed they were ordered to leave a swimming pool in the Algarve because they were wearing burkinis – suggesting British people often fake complaints just to get compensation.
Eliderico Viegas, Algarve Hotel Association founder and president, said there was no foundation to the complaint by British woman Maryya head, describing the resort as 'open to all cultures' as he said police had received no formal complaint.

Ms head, from Chessington in Surrey, claimed she was forced to perform a 'walk of shame' with her nine-year-old daughter and sister-in-law Hina by a furious apartment worker who told them their burkini costumes were 'not acceptable' during a trip to the Portguese holiday haven.

The women say they were relaxing in the private pool at their rented apartment complex in Albufeira, when a man barked that their costumes were 'not acceptable.'

But Mr Viegas hit back today, saying: 'The British are repeat offenders in presenting complaints to obtain compensation.
'Look at the recent cases of supposed food poisoning claims which have given rise to court prosecutions after the British government got involved.'

His comments were made in an interview with Portuguese newspaper Jornal de Noticias.
There is no suggestion Ms head, 36, faked her story or exaggerated.

Ms head was wearing a normal swimsuit with three-quarter length leggings when she says the resort worker fumed that the women 'must wear a bikini to follow Portuguese culture'.

Her sister-in-law Hina was wearing three-quarter length leggings and a top that covered her arms down to her elbows.
Ms head said they wore the swimsuits, which were not full burkinis, for 'religious, cultural, confidence and comfort' reasons.

The pair say they were incensed when the worker made Ms head's daughter stand up to demonstrate appropriate swimwear - a conventional costume.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4752618/Hotel-boss-links-burkini-row-fake-compensation-claims.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Empty Re: Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation'

Post by Syl Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Hmmm....maybe they should have taken photos, or names of other holiday makers who saw what happened.

If it happened its bad, I remember the pics on a French beach where a Muslim woman was covered and ordered by a group of big burly policeman who surrounded her to uncover...that was disgusting.

On the other hand there has been lots of scamming going lately....with some  tourists claiming the hotel food has  made them ill and ruined the holiday.

Depends who can show the proof I suppose.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Empty Re: Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation'

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:14 am

LOL
British are fakers and scammers Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 am

Syl wrote:Hmmm....maybe they should have taken photos, or names of other holiday makers who saw what happened.

If it happened its bad, I remember the pics on a French beach where a Muslim woman was covered and ordered by a group of big burly policeman who surrounded her to uncover...that was disgusting.

On the other hand there has been lots of scamming going lately....with some  tourists claiming the hotel food has  made them ill and ruined the holiday.

Agreed, it seems one word against the others with this Syl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:Hmmm....maybe they should have taken photos, or names of other holiday makers who saw what happened.

Agreed, it seems one word against the others with this Syl.

I was talking about this to someone yesterday.
I know if I was sat round a pool and some heavy handed hotel staff insisted women could not cover up whilst relaxing round a pool I would back the women up by giving my name and address and agreeing to support them if it came to it.

Its not that long ago everyone was being advised to cover up when the sun is hot. Rolling Eyes

But if the women wanted to swim, and their costumes were not specifically designed to swim in, I do know some hotels frown on clothes ( like T shirts for eg) being worn in the pool. In that case the hotel would not be picking on certain cultures...everyone would be equal.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:LOL
British are fakers and scammers Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Scammers come in all shapes, sizes and nationalities. Razz

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Youre right Syl, many hteliers tell people not to wear shorts, tshirts etc in poo.

It makes the pool dirty and can cause infections. I don't see why they should have to have women in these all in ones anyway, at our pool they wore short top and leggings, even that isn't hygienic imo.

If you went to their country you are told to cover up, and we do, so they should respect the rules of the hotels and countries they stay in. What next wearing a veil in the water?
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Lots of Brits and other countries too, try for the old compensation trick, it was America who started this and now you cant say or do anything without someone wanting compo, makes me sick tbh.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm

magica wrote:Lots of Brits and other countries too, try for the old compensation trick, it was America who started this and now you cant say or do anything without someone wanting compo, makes me sick tbh.

What is your idea to replace this system?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm

I think just cut out compensation for everything Quill. People calim it for not looking where they're going and blame someone else, its turned into a not me, them culture. No one takes the blame for themselves anymore.

Look, years ago I could've died, the Surgeon boobed, but my life was saved. Did I sue him, no, why? Because I was glad to have my life.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 pm

magica wrote:I think just cut out compensation for everything Quill.  People calim it for not looking where they're going and blame someone else, its turned into a not me, them culture.  No one takes the blame for themselves anymore.

Look, years ago I could've died, the Surgeon boobed, but my life was saved.  Did I sue him, no, why?  Because I was glad to have my life.  

In other words, do nothing.  Which is to say, Let people take justice into their own hands.  That's a system that's very popular in our south.

You'd see gun sales rise markedly in the UK. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:38 pm

We can only buy Shotguns and Rifles here Quill, Be a bit difficult for "concealed carry".
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

nicko wrote:We can only buy Shotguns and Rifles here Quill,   Be a bit difficult for "concealed carry".

All it takes is to change the laws. To provide no vent for a pressure cooker is going to create an explosion.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:14 pm

magica wrote:Youre right Syl, many hteliers tell people not to wear shorts, tshirts etc in poo.

It makes the pool dirty and can cause infections.  I don't see why they should have to have women in these all in ones anyway, at our pool they wore short top and leggings, even that isn't hygienic imo.

If you went to their country you are told to cover up, and we do, so they should respect the rules of the hotels and countries they stay in.  What next wearing a veil in the water?

Razz
Quite right too.

I am torn between people following the rules of the country they are in and thinking people have a right to follow their own beliefs as long as they are not hurting anyone.
In Isrial we had to cover arms shoulders and legs when visiting certain places.....so we did without fuss, even though the temperature was hitting 100 degrees f.

But...as long as a garment is specifically designed for swimming in I don't see of any harm that can cause to others. Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' 2190311264
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Youre right Syl, many hteliers tell people not to wear shorts, tshirts etc in poo.

It makes the pool dirty and can cause infections.  I don't see why they should have to have women in these all in ones anyway, at our pool they wore short top and leggings, even that isn't hygienic imo.

If you went to their country you are told to cover up, and we do, so they should respect the rules of the hotels and countries they stay in.  What next wearing a veil in the water?

Razz
Quite right too.

I am torn between people following the rules of the country they are in and thinking people have a right to follow their own beliefs as long as they are not hurting anyone.
In Isrial we had to cover arms shoulders and legs when visiting certain places.....so we did without fuss, even though the temperature was hitting 100 degrees f.

But...as long as a garment is specifically designed for swimming in I don't see of any  harm that can cause to others. Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' 2190311264

Haha how did you read my post, bloody tablet changes things.lol.

Many are not designed for that, its t-shirt material which we are not allowed in the pool with, so should be the same for Muslims too. One rule for all.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Yep...if a hotel has signs that no t shirts or shorts be worn, that applies to everyone.
If the burkini or similar is made for swimming then I think they should be allowed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:21 pm

I don't agree, one rule for all. I like wearing a t-shirt so I don't burn but wouldn't be allowed. So why should they
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:29 pm

magica wrote:I don't agree, one rule for all. I like wearing a t-shirt so I don't burn but wouldn't be allowed. So why should they

Well you could always buy yourself a burkini Mags....Nigella did. Razz

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Article-2542094-1ACB36BB00000578-148_634x955
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Haha its horrible
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 pm

You should be allowed to wear what the fuck you like. But the world isn't like that, is it? You won't see any bikini's on the public beach in Saudi. I had to cover my head in Cairo when I went to the bank. I got told off by the bank teller so I had enough respect to comply. The other side of the coin is...no one is going to tell me how to dress in my own country. If you don't like it, fuck off to where it's de rigueur to cover the female body from head to toe.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I don't agree, one rule for all. I like wearing a t-shirt so I don't burn but wouldn't be allowed. So why should they

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Article-2542094-1ACB36BB00000578-148_634x955

No one is going to tell me that wearing this shit is pleasant. Have you ever had salt water wet clothes? Horrible and itchy and vile.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

No one is going to tell me that wearing this shit is pleasant.   Have you ever had salt water wet clothes?   Horrible and itchy and vile.

Agreed, I bet she didn't half chafe.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:05 am

Ive never worn a contraption like that, i have worn a complete wet suit when i have scuba dived.
It was HELL.....I almost did my back in getting it on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:47 am

Rubber AND Talc powder, You kinky person !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 am

nicko wrote:Rubber AND Talc powder,   You kinky person !

lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:07 pm

nicko wrote:Rubber AND Talc powder,   You kinky person !

Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

No one is going to tell me that wearing this shit is pleasant.   Have you ever had salt water wet clothes?   Horrible and itchy and vile.

Burkinis (the originals ) are an Aussie invention and made out of rash suit material specifically designed for salt water (temperature means wet suits are not needed a lot except in winter, rash suits/shirts are UV protecting and supposed to protect against the rash you get due to salt water and surf boards)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Portuguese tourist chiefs hit back at family who claim they were forced to take off their 'burkini' style swim suits, claiming 'they are just British after compensation' Family%20holding%20surf%20boards

https://www.swimoutlet.com/guides/how-to-choose-a-rash-guard

I can assure you, you have far less 'surf rash' if you wear a rash shirt. the salt and sand is like sand paper if you spend the day boarding Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:18 pm

The women in the article should've told the worker to fuck off. It usually works on prissy little do-good wankers.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down